BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
(amusingly enough, this is about the RP mentioned above). When I was sent the link for the RP, it brought me to the Overview page and the option was to "Follow this resource" which I did, only it didn't show up in my Watched threads list, I suppose because it wasn't a thread. I just went to the thread page and watched that and it now shows up just fine. So my question is, is there a "watched resource" page one can find/use if one wants to get to the Overview from such a list?

(amusingly enough, this is about the RP mentioned above). When I was sent the link for the RP, it brought me to the Overview page and the option was to "Follow this resource" which I did, only it didn't show up in my Watched threads list, I suppose because it wasn't a thread. I just went to the thread page and watched that and it now shows up just fine. So my question is, is there a "watched resource" page one can find/use if one wants to get to the Overview from such a list?

Go to the roleplay category and click watched roleplays and there you have it

• Thank You
Reactions: Adelaide
I don't know how big of a deal this is, but I thought I'd share some insight on watching different items.

If you go to any rp and hit 'watch this resource' on the overview page, it gets placed in the 'watched rps' tab under the roleplay tab. If you hit 'watch this thread' under threads, it saves it in the forums tab overall. So saving things, depending on where you watch it, puts it in a different tab. Also, you can't watch your own rps. So grouping current rps together is a little difficult if you make some, then have others make another one.

Again, not sure if it's even considered a bug, but, finding a place to save my current stories is a touch more difficult now!

I don't know how big of a deal this is, but I thought I'd share some insight on watching different items.

If you go to any rp and hit 'watch this resource' on the overview page, it gets placed in the 'watched rps' tab under the roleplay tab. If you hit 'watch this thread' under threads, it saves it in the forums tab overall. So saving things, depending on where you watch it, puts it in a different tab. Also, you can't watch your own rps. So grouping current rps together is a little difficult if you make some, then have others make another one.

Again, not sure if it's even considered a bug, but, finding a place to save my current stories is a touch more difficult now!

The reason why you can't watch you own roleplays is probably because they already lies in the category 'your roleplays'. So roleplays you join and roleplays you make aren't in the same spot.

I would suggest only watching the threads themselves instead of the overview if you want everything in the same place. You will still be able to get to the overview through the IC thread in 1x1s and the OOC in group roleplays. Since you can only update the overview and not post in it, I don't think you'll get alerts from the overview itself, they will only come from the thread (anyone feel free to correct me if you do get alerts when the overview is updated o.o), thus watching the threads should be enough. Or you can watch it too just in case it gives alerts for other stuff, but mainly keep your eyes on the normal watch list.

Reactions: Lillian Gray
Spoilers seem to multiply on their own.

It is starting to be really annoying.

This is an example with a MUCH older revision of a CS, it happens to me on PMs, I do not know if it is exclusively to these.
I edited and removed the spoilers I did not create, they would not disappear.
If I move them to wordpad and remove the multiplied spoiler there, it would disappear but that is too much effort.

Removing the spoilers entirely works though.
When it seems to occur: Upon editing and writing a larger text.

To-do:
Proofreading
Fixing grammar
Possibly changing things
Dragon pending
Name:
Rèverie "Gray"

Hometown:
Otamur

Appearance:
DkZlX26l.png

Personality:
And now I am all that remains
A shadow of my life
A shade of the war that's not yet over
I am standing vigil
Standing tall
Standing still
As my only surroundings
Are the bodies
Bodies of ones I once called friends
Corpses of ones I once called comrades
Ashes of ones I once called enemies
The saddest thing is
They're all the same
I once called them friend
We grew closer
Fought together
And I called them comrade
But something changed
And they lashed out against me
In a fight of kill-or-be-killed
I had no choice
Letting a tear fall from my eye
As their cadavers hit the ground
It was I who was responsible
For shimmering ocean and chocolate eyes
Suddenly becoming cold and dull
It was not my choice to harm them
But theirs
The one who controls me
I can contain her
But only for so long
Until she lashes out again
And one more body falls
Collapsing in a heap
Cold
Lifeless
That's me
As Mother Nature returns
Gently taking her child back
She looks at me with saddened eyes
Knowing this is me
She wants to help me
But I shake my head and look away
Because inside, I know
That no one can beat this demon
This vigil of the past.

History/Bio:
"My documents say that you were born in Otamur, Miss Gray."
"Correct," replied her monotone voice.
"A survivor then, that ex..."
Her eyes stared blanky through him. Empty.

The screams, the fear in the faces, the futility. Being hushed and pushed...
Her father. "Where is my father," a little, white haired girl whined.
Her eyes found a corpse that she recognized and tears begun rolling down her cheeks.

"... kinslayer. We still are..."

It was cold.
A knife.
Directed at a girl.
Hunger.
The girl ran, chased.
A knife lying on the floor.

Stab Stab Stab
Brother. Mother. Dead.
A tear.
The void.

"... please understand..."

Her vision was blurry.
Warmth splaying all over her.
A smile.

"... only post we can assign you to would be as a prairie vigil. To patrol the prairie."
"I accept," she answered without blinking an eye.
"You will be assigned to a small unit of five. Prepare a lot of provisions for a long trip."
He watched the new vigil leave and turned to his superior commander.
"That should get us rid of that scum."

3 Years passed since then.

Strengths:

-Warmaiden-
Has seen war, fought there, fought here.

-Cold Murderer-
kills without hesitation, without blinking once.

-Fearless Fighter-
Bears no fear of death during a fight.
(May change per character developement)

-Immunte to the Plague-
Self explanatory
As the battle raged on, a horrifying reality became apparent; for each demon killed, a dozen men became infected. Some seemed immune to the darkness, but they were so outnumbered by those who had lost their humanity that all hope was lost.
Source:
http://soulroleplays.webs.com/lore

-Survival in the cold-
Acquired the knowledge needed to survive in a cold wildernis

-Sleepless Nights-
Used to getting little to no sleep

Weaknesses:

-Post traumatic stress disorder-
Suffers under PTSD since the battle of Otamur.
Symptoms:
Flashbacks
Nightmares
Feeling emotionally numb
Anger Outbursts
Unable to feel joy
Self destructive behavior

-Paranoid-
Was betrayed once, now suffers under heavy paranoia and is unable to trust out of fear of being betrayed again.

-Emotionless-
Supresses emotions as much as possible, lacks empathy. Lacks compassion.

-Kinslayer-
Is known to have murdered members of her own family.

-Evil intend lingers within-
(Will be removed, this is only meant to be seen by the GM)
Between all these emotions lingers one emotion that brings her great satisfaction: The death of another living being, watching the blood pour from their bodies.
Deeply within, she desires to bring as much suffering onto others as possible.

(Notes:All will be heavily influenced by character developement, I will attempt to replace one with another if one is solved.)
(Example of possible replacing: Emotionless -> Obsessed with one person.)

Abilities/Skills:
-Swordswomanship&Shield-
Practiced combat with the sword and a shield.

-Cruel Warfare-
Learned to achieve victory at all cost. In all the immoral ways possible.

Bonded Ability:

Relationships:
None, not even to her comrades working as vigils.
Reason being a lack of empathy and compassion.

Dragon Name:

Dragon Gender:

Dragon Species:

Dragon Personality:

Dragon Strengths:

Dragon Weaknesses:

Last edited:
Spoilers seem to multiply on their own.

It is starting to be really annoying.

This is an example with a MUCH older revision of a CS, it happens to me on PMs, I do not know if it is exclusively to these.
I edited and removed the spoilers I did not create, they would not disappear.
If I move them to wordpad and remove the multiplied spoiler there, it would disappear but that is too much effort.
To-do:
Proofreading
Fixing grammar
Possibly changing things
Dragon pending
Name:
Rèverie "Gray"

Hometown:
Otamur

Appearance:
DkZlX26l.png

Personality:
And now I am all that remains
A shadow of my life
A shade of the war that's not yet over
I am standing vigil
Standing tall
Standing still
As my only surroundings
Are the bodies
Bodies of ones I once called friends
Corpses of ones I once called comrades
Ashes of ones I once called enemies
The saddest thing is
They're all the same
I once called them friend
We grew closer
Fought together
And I called them comrade
But something changed
And they lashed out against me
In a fight of kill-or-be-killed
I had no choice
Letting a tear fall from my eye
As their cadavers hit the ground
It was I who was responsible
For shimmering ocean and chocolate eyes
Suddenly becoming cold and dull
It was not my choice to harm them
But theirs
The one who controls me
I can contain her
But only for so long
Until she lashes out again
And one more body falls
Collapsing in a heap
Cold
Lifeless
That's me
As Mother Nature returns
Gently taking her child back
She looks at me with saddened eyes
Knowing this is me
She wants to help me
But I shake my head and look away
Because inside, I know
That no one can beat this demon
This vigil of the past.

History/Bio:
"My documents say that you were born in Otamur, Miss Gray."
"Correct," replied her monotone voice.
"A survivor then, that ex..."
Her eyes stared blanky through him. Empty.

The screams, the fear in the faces, the futility. Being hushed and pushed...
Her father. "Where is my father," a little, white haired girl whined.
Her eyes found a corpse that she recognized and tears begun rolling down her cheeks.

"... kinslayer. We still are..."

It was cold.
A knife.
Directed at a girl.
Hunger.
The girl ran, chased.
A knife lying on the floor.

Stab Stab Stab
Brother. Mother. Dead.
A tear.
The void.

"... please understand..."

Her vision was blurry.
Warmth splaying all over her.
A smile.

"... only post we can assign you to would be as a prairie vigil. To patrol the prairie."
"I accept," she answered without blinking an eye.
"You will be assigned to a small unit of five. Prepare a lot of provisions for a long trip."
He watched the new vigil leave and turned to his superior commander.
"That should get us rid of that scum."

3 Years passed since then.

Strengths:

-Warmaiden-
Has seen war, fought there, fought here.

-Cold Murderer-
kills without hesitation, without blinking once.

-Fearless Fighter-
Bears no fear of death during a fight.
(May change per character developement)

-Immunte to the Plague-
Self explanatory
As the battle raged on, a horrifying reality became apparent; for each demon killed, a dozen men became infected. Some seemed immune to the darkness, but they were so outnumbered by those who had lost their humanity that all hope was lost.
Source:
http://soulroleplays.webs.com/lore

-Survival in the cold-
Acquired the knowledge needed to survive in a cold wildernis

-Sleepless Nights-
Used to getting little to no sleep

Weaknesses:

-Post traumatic stress disorder-
Suffers under PTSD since the battle of Otamur.
Symptoms:
Flashbacks
Nightmares
Feeling emotionally numb
Anger Outbursts
Unable to feel joy
Self destructive behavior

-Paranoid-
Was betrayed once, now suffers under heavy paranoia and is unable to trust out of fear of being betrayed again.

-Emotionless-
Supresses emotions as much as possible, lacks empathy. Lacks compassion.

-Kinslayer-
Is known to have murdered members of her own family.

-Evil intend lingers within-
(Will be removed, this is only meant to be seen by the GM)
Between all these emotions lingers one emotion that brings her great satisfaction: The death of another living being, watching the blood pour from their bodies.
Deeply within, she desires to bring as much suffering onto others as possible.

(Notes:All will be heavily influenced by character developement, I will attempt to replace one with another if one is solved.)
(Example of possible replacing: Emotionless -> Obsessed with one person.)

Abilities/Skills:
-Swordswomanship&Shield-
Practiced combat with the sword and a shield.

-Cruel Warfare-
Learned to achieve victory at all cost. In all the immoral ways possible.

Bonded Ability:

Relationships:
None, not even to her comrades working as vigils.
Reason being a lack of empathy and compassion.

Dragon Name:

Dragon Gender:

Dragon Species:

Dragon Personality:

Dragon Strengths:

Dragon Weaknesses:
This one has been happening long before the update, and relates to BB code itself, not the website. :D It only appears when you start mixing together spoilers and other BB code, and is easily fixed if you go into the BB code editor.

What happens is that when something is created in BB code, it is built through a series of... containers, for want of a better word. In your instance, what is happening internally within the code is this:

Code:
 [center][spoiler=example]This is some text[/center][/spoiler]

This is some text

In order to close the [center] BB code, the code has to close the spoiler first, because the spoiler is inside the center container. However, because you then tell it to close the spoiler again, it has to generate a new spoiler. This can happen with size formatting, color formatting, font formatting, or really anything else that you try and carry over from outside a spoiler to inside it.

If you really don't want to go into the BB code textbox to clean up the extra [/center] that appears, make sure you apply any formatting changes inside a spoiler after you have already built the spoiler, and that problem should disappear.

Posting in OOC thread does not actually bump the overview threads in the adjacent categories, only the thread itself in the "INFO RP" area, which is useless, because people aren't supposed to look there for new RP's. Atop that, because all the categories are put together there, one would have to be constantly posting to ensure they would get noticed. The only way I can keep my RP's above the others in the group RP area in order to attract attention for, say, recruitment, would be constantly spamming the update button.

In other words, the cancerous bump-spam behaviour of 1x1 is now the only way to keep group RP's from sinking to the last page of irrelevancy. The moment people figure this out (if they haven't already to a certain extent), you can expect the update feature to go from being a useful tool, to "bump, bump, bump, bump, bump", and this is not fun. This is one of the main issues of 1x1 and it's now being compounded into the group section.

I don't know if this is a bug, or a feature, but if this is a feature, it's a pretty shitty feature. No longer does organic activity in the OOC actually matter as to whether you get noticed on the first page or not, it's entirely built around update-bump spamming now. If you're hoping to get recruits in the INFO RP section, you're now competing with over five hundred other role plays, with no ability to really filter between each genre, because they're all clusterfucked together into a single subforum.

tl;dr: People who spam mindless garbage are going to get noticed more than people who produce actual content in the current system. It was like this in 1x1 before, but now it's been forced into group RP's via the update system being the only way to bump threads. This is not okay. :ferret:

Posting in OOC thread does not actually bump the overview threads in the adjacent categories
Sadly that is correct. D: If they ever come out with a way to list roleplays by last discussion date, we would automatically list that way instead.

you can expect the update feature to go from being a useful tool, to "bump, bump, bump, bump, bump"
Like with ALL our sections, anyone using bump spam to boost their roleplays gets in trouble. o_o We have always deleted useless bumps and warned members about that, and that will continue with the new updates feature. Things are not going to get buried in useless update spam.

As for the rest, people are really NOT supposed to be using the INFO forum directly to search roleplays. They are supposed to be using the Roleplay Index where they have full control over what categories, prefixes, genres, etc that they get to search from. You can view only group roleplays and completely remove one on ones from the picture. You can further narrow it down by going through the genre. (Which is why we have each of the genres listed directly on the forum so you can bypass the full index if you want to.)

The oooonly reason we have the direct-to-thread forums listed on the index is because of this transition confusion, so people can find threads directly and know where to create their additional threads. (Or for people who straight up refuse to use the new Index and like to keep their rp private.) People using these to find new roleplays or as a way to advertise their roleplay are just making things difficult on themselves. .__.;

There are also many different ways Game Masters can advertise their roleplays. From the Ad forums, to banners, to more aggressive recruitment. And though it would be BETTER if we could list roleplays by last discussion post - that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of ways for a GM to get their roleplay noticed and that doesn't mean a roleplay is getting buried and lost.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
There appears to be damage done to the bbcode for tables. In the second tab of the OP here you can see what I mean.

I checked the formatting, and the code is still the same—I don't know from whence appear those rtags. The table works fine in the Rich Text Editor.

EDIT: Because the first tables are fine, I can only assume that the row-specific {td=bcolor:#fcfcff} is what is at fault.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/striking-at-shadows.92444/

My 1 x 1 thread is suddenly in 'group info'. Not sure if this counts as a bug, but it wasn't there before and I'd like it moved back. THank you very much.
This is not a bug. It is probably a mistake made either when the threads were moved to the new system, or before/after the change. Send in a thread moderation request and tell us where in the 1x1 area it should go to, and it will be taken care of as soon as a mod with mod controls for the area the rp lies in is available and sees the problem.

The thread moderation request form can be found at the bottom of iwaku under site functions. (except if you are on a phone, cause then they're mysteriously gone. )

Last edited:
Going to be a complete jerk and note a minor stylistic error: "Open roleplay resume" doesn't change to "Close roleplay resume" when you first open the resume.

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Going to be a complete jerk and note a minor stylistic error: "Open roleplay resume" doesn't change to "Close roleplay resume" when you first open the resume.
Wow, I didn't notice that and now it's going to bother me lol

The Creating Worlds & Settings and Developing Characters & Cultures content forums don't have the thing at the top to display only threads with certain prefixes.

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THIS

But since the update whenever I edit a media link it breaks the code for the whole post. To the point it will continue to break until I delete everything and start after saving a blank post. I used to edit media links all the time before the update and never had this problem, so I'm certain this isn't an issue with my own coding. (I double checked several times over because I didn't want to report something that was just my own inadequacies.)

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THIS

But since the update whenever I edit a media link it breaks the code for the whole post. To the point it will continue to break until I delete everything and start after saving a blank post. I used to edit media links all the time before the update and never had this problem, so I'm certain this isn't an issue with my own coding. (I double checked several times over because I didn't want to report something that was just my own inadequacies.)
Whenever this happens again, can you link it? Either here or in PM would be fine if you like. I tried checking your Media just now but they seem okay currently.

I was checking my PM to my GM last night via laptop. The formatting is pretty screwed up - spacing is missing, the text that should be bolded and in a bigger font size isn't and the text not supposed to bolded and in a bigger font size is. @_@

Not sure what is happening there .... I can send you the screenshots if you like.

I reported this error two days after the update, but apparently no one saw my post.

I am attempting to create a thread on the mobile version of the site in the fantasy section. When I go to type in the description, the keyboard disappears constantly. It is incredibly aggravating. I might end up going to a different site if this error doesn't get resolved soon, and I really don't want to do that. It is not my phone causing the error, as I've been able to use the keyboard everywhere else on the site. Please get this fixed soon. I really don't want to switch sites.

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • The description field when creating a new roleplay is difficult to write in with mobile browsers. #31

We got your post. :D

Unfortunately, there're a lot of things that we have on that list, plus a lot more kinks and bugs that are behind the scenes. Updates like this can take months to really settle.

Welp, that's a bit of fantastic news. I'll try and remember this idea until things get settled, then.

• Thank You
Reactions: SamIO
Status
Not open for further replies.