Broken Mirrors - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done Skydiving...<----American 101st Airborne infantry. High-altitude military parachuting (or military free fall (MFF))

I've even done H.A.L.O./H.A.H.O. In typical HALO/HAHO insertions, the troops are dispatched from altitudes between 15,000 feet (4,600 m) and 35,000 feet (11,000 m).

HALO (high altitude - low opening) and HAHO (high altitude - high opening)

A typical sport parachuting jump involves individuals exiting an aircraft (usually an airplane, but sometimes a helicopter or even the gondola of a balloon), at anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 meters (3,000 to 13,000 feet) altitude. If jumping from a low altitude, the parachute is usually deployed immediately; however, at higher altitudes, the skydiver may free-fall for up to 1 minute deploying their main parachute, typically at an altitude of 1000m (3,500 ft), and landing several minutes later.

HALOSs are breath taking. You're up so high you are literally in the stratosphere so when you fall--you see the entire world beneath you.

no, seriously, the hell tanz?

I think they are setting each other up on dates? o.O

Sorry! We went to dinner. Now she's finishing an essay draft so don't disturb her, haha.

(Also, Sin, I REEEAAALLY want to skydive. It's been on my bucket list for years.)

I've done Skydiving...<----American 101st Airborne infantry. High-altitude military parachuting (or military free fall (MFF))

I've even done H.A.L.O./H.A.H.O. In typical HALO/HAHO insertions, the troops are dispatched from altitudes between 15,000 feet (4,600 m) and 35,000 feet (11,000 m).

HALO (high altitude - low opening) and HAHO (high altitude - high opening)

A typical sport parachuting jump involves individuals exiting an aircraft (usually an airplane, but sometimes a helicopter or even the gondola of a balloon), at anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 meters (3,000 to 13,000 feet) altitude. If jumping from a low altitude, the parachute is usually deployed immediately; however, at higher altitudes, the skydiver may free-fall for up to 1 minute deploying their main parachute, typically at an altitude of 1000m (3,500 ft), and landing several minutes later.
The higher the better. Maybe I'll need to enlist just do go do that bahaha. Probably be the smallest person there.

But actually, why would I want to jump and then deploy immediately? I'd rather fall

okay, that;s fine, but, shall we all not adress the MAJORLY wrong things with tanz's post?

like, for one, the fact that she essentially called me too black?

really? no one is gonna treat this as a damn issue?

Sorry! We went to dinner. Now she's finishing an essay draft so don't disturb her, haha.

(Also, Sin, I REEEAAALLY want to skydive. It's been on my bucket list for years.)

People been asking me for years why I would jump out a perfectly good airplane....I look at them and go "What sane person WOULDN'T want to jump out of one?" XD

I didn't see her call you too black. She just said NIGHTWING/ Dick Greyson wasn't that dark.

No, she was saying that depending on you skin tone you could be close to that of Nightwing. She wasn't saying what you were and weren't, she was just stating something that might have come across in the wrong way.

Reactions: 2 people
okay, that;s fine, but, shall we all not adress the MAJORLY wrong things with tanz's post?

like, for one, the fact that she essentially called me too black?

really? no one is gonna treat this as a damn issue?
Ugh. I can delete it. I realize it was pretty bad. Sometimes things sound much better in my head. I'm trying to ignore it at this point.

And i WAS going to say "who gives a shit? Just wear the costume!" but it seemed that you may have already considered that.

People been asking me for years why I would jump out a perfectly good airplane....I look at them and go "What sane person WOULDN'T want to jump out of one?" XD
It's funny. I have a fear of heights and never want to bungee jump. But when I think of skydiving, I think I might even want to learn to do it on my own.

And, you also got the idea of my post. Though again, it was clumsy as hell. But yes, I was say depending on skin tone, Buio could pull off nightwing just fine

Im honestly more surprised you're taking that a little too seriously.

One of my team mates dressed as bat man on year. Looked him square in the face and said "I have a complex; White man batman has anger issues--are you gonna like 'pimp' the humvee into a batmobile or something?"

He was like "Oh hell naw, you know know how much gas that damn thing takes? I'd be a broke bitch. I aint got the money for no batmobiles. I'll just hit you with my old ass caddie."

XDD

TANZINITE!! FINISH YOUR ESSAY AND GET OFF OF IWAKU <3

(This is an order from Kuroh. There will be consequences if you don't follow :P)

=_=

That depends on...uh...how black you are

Cuz Dick Grayson is rom, so dark hair and skin is a requirement, but just not that dark

I guess I'll need to find Kuroh a pretty Mediterranean boy

first of all, i;m gonna assume that by 'rom' she meant romanian right? that;s the only thing that makes sense (though, honestly, there was never any news about the flying graysons being from romania, so where she even got that idea if that is what she means i have no clue)

firstly, romania is as much a mediteranean country as ontario is an atlantic province, so I've no idea teh hell that mediteranean spiel was coming from. Secondly, romanians aren't knwon for having dark skin. Thirdly, even if they WERE, dick grayson is still about as black as a sheet of A4 paper, not sure how she coudl have missed this when you both have him in your avatar picture.

but let;s focus on this line here.

"so dark hair and skin is a requirement, but just not that dark"

the hell is that supposed to mean exactly?

the sentence only makes sense one of 2 ways.
1. either she means i can't be too black or else i can't pull off dick grayson (which, by the way, i already SAID i couldn;t, since i said i can't do nightwing) or
2. she means that Kuro's preference is the (supposedly) dark skinned dick grayson, and that if i am any blacker than that, i am too dark for kuro's preference.

so either i am too black, or i am too black.

the post was either incredibly racist, or it was incredibly stupid, and thus unintentionally very damn racist.

i;d also like to mention that i linked a picture to THE FALCON (possibly the blackest superhero in DC's repertoire) as something i COULD do, so i have no damn clue how there could have been confusion as to my skin tone =_=

1f21c1029db9953a9f983a77efd1c270.jpg
<-- Falcon

*Curses auto speller.*

=_=

first of all, i;m gonna assume that by 'rom' she meant romanian right? that;s the only thing that makes sense (though, honestly, there was never any news about the flying graysons being from romania, so where she even got that idea if that is what she means i have no clue)

firstly, romania is as much a mediteranean country as ontario is an atlantic province, so I've no idea teh hell that mediteranean spiel was coming from. Secondly, romanians aren't knwon for having dark skin. Thirdly, even if they WERE, dick grayson is still about as black as a sheet of A4 paper, not sure how she coudl have missed this when you both have him in your avatar picture.

but let;s focus on this line here.

"so dark hair and skin is a requirement, but just not that dark"

the hell is that supposed to mean exactly?

the sentence only makes sense one of 2 ways.
1. either she means i can't be too black or else i can't pull off dick grayson (which, by the way, i already SAID i couldn;t, since i said i can't do nightwing) or
2. she means that Kuro's preference is the (supposedly) dark skinned dick grayson, and that if i am any blacker than that, i am too dark for kuro's preference.

so either i am too black, or i am too black.

the post was either incredibly racist, or it was incredibly stupid, and thus unintentionally very damn racist.
Dick Grayson is of gypsy heritage. Gypsies call themselves rom. That's where the mediteranean comment comes from. As you may know, gypsies come from ROME...aka italty aka the Mediteranean. And as both Kuroh and Sin said, I was trying to say race would really not matter.

Now seriously, I wasn't aware this was going to get on your bad side. I worded it badly.

And I was not familiar with Falcon and did not see the link. Again, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.