Broken Mirrors - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I'd just like to say that Dick Grayson is canonically half-romani, which isn't stated outright in newer comics, but it is known that romanian is his first language, and in the older comics it's definitely canon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Dick Grayson is of gypsy heritage. Gypsies call themselves rom. That's where the mediteranean comment comes from. As you may know, gypsies come from ROME...aka italty aka the Mediteranean. And as both Kuroh and Sin said, I was trying to say race would really not matter.

Oh, oh! Since we nit picking. Gypsies originated from the Russian Steppes. Fun fact #1! :P

Reactions: 3 people
But lets drop the racial slur---she obviously wasn't calling you a Negro, or calling you her property.

She just made a simplr joke. No need to get all bent up about it.

@Kuroh

Not Romanian; Roma, Rom, Romani. Gypsy. I had to google it to make sure it was right, but they were referring to the nomadic people, not to the country

Gypsy are romani, not rom. just as we aren't 'Can's we're canadian. Rom is the word for 'man' in their language. so do use the proper name and maybe crap like this won;t happen. Also, they are not from italy, they are (presumably, according to their linguistic traditions) from india, and were spread out all over europe during the middle ages and renaissacnce, especially, not in italy, but in france. the word 'gypsy' comes from the french word 'egyptien' (translated to english as Egyptian), because europeans believed the romani to be originated from Egypt. So, all of your little points fall to water, and even if they didn;t, doesn;t change the fact that despite whatever origins he may 'have', dick grayson is still sliced-bread fucking white.

also, yes, telling black people they might be too black has smaaaaaallllllll tendency of pissing them off and 'getting on their bad side'. Not even fucking apologizing for the fact afterwards, the offense having been unintentional or not, and adopting a pissy tone, going 'Now Seriously' with them, has a tendency of making things PROPORTIONATELY worse.

besides, the fucking, point (and doesn't even save your face since, again, it shows that in their language they call themselves Romane)

Apologize, now.

Known as Roms oh boy, lookitdat. And yes, india, not italy. And no, my point is not invalid, as I was considering skin tone, nothing more. Mediterraneans, if you aren't aware, have a propensity to be quite dark skinned and black haired. Since it would be EASIER to find a Mediterranean out here, I'd rather do that than try to find Kuroh someone a little more accurate, in this case someone half Romani.

I did apologize. Multiple times at this point. Originally i was not aware it was a problem. Now I am getting pretty damn pissy at this point. I meant no fucking offense. I was not aware race was a fucking touchy subject for you. But again, I was trying to say what both Kuroh and Sin have pointed out. If you'd like, I'll delete the fucking post and we can forget all about my failed little joke. Or you can get angrier, and we can have a real nice fight. i'm sure that'd be good for the post count.

also, Sin, I'm gonna give you a pass because supposedly you're german, but FYI 'negro' is not a proper fucking euphemism for nigger, especially when someone ALREADY feels racially insulted. Say n-word or say nothing at all.

also, yes, telling black people they might be too black has smaaaaaallllllll tendency of pissing them off and 'getting on their bad side'. Not even fucking apologizing for the fact afterwards, the offense having been unintentional or not, and adopting a pissy tone, going 'Now Seriously' with them, has a tendency of making things PROPORTIONATELY worse.

Dude--thats like me telling you, you gotta 'hung' like a horse just because you are black at all.

She's already apologized SEVERAL TIMES. She shouldn't need to.

besides, the fucking, point (and doesn't even save your face since, again, it shows that in their language they call themselves Romane)

Apologize, now.
Nope. I already have.

And I got the word ROM directly from the COMIC. Would you like me to go find the ISSUE for your SATISFACTION?

Oh, and the word ROM came from the mouth of a man meant to be ROMANE, as you instruct me to say. Should I fucking sue the DC writers?

right, I've got a nice little insta-fix for this situation then

get the fuck out of my rp ^_^.

I don;t fucking care if it was intentional or not, racism is still fucking racism and i'll not stand here and be bitched at, telling me i am wrong for being fucking offended.

but FYI 'negro' is not a proper fucking euphemism for nigger, especially when someone ALREADY feels racially insulted. Say n-word or say nothing at all.

Really, is that so? The blacks in Colonial America--no wait-- THE WORLD were referred to as Negros for centuries. Nigger is just a slang term derrived from Negro.

Origin:
1640–50; < French nègre < Spanish negro black

And I AM German, just as much as you are black. If anyone is insulted here its Tanzanite. Ishe leaves, then Kuroh leaves then I leave. I wont stay around a man who can't take a simple misunderstanding.

Fuck yourself Buio

Have fun with three people

My comment was no more racist than fucking saying my skin tone is white as paper. If you're that sensitive to comments on FUCKING SKIN TONE, then please, get help with those fucking issues of yours. I still have no idea how that was insulting. You never explained that haha. I tend to like knowing where i go wrong before I apologize, but I did anyway. Now please, stop embarrassing yourself. And for the love of god, stop blowing my innocuous SKIN TONE comment up.

right, I've got a nice little insta-fix for this situation then

get the fuck out of my rp ^_^.

I don;t fucking care if it was intentional or not, racism is still fucking racism and i'll not stand here and be bitched at, telling me i am wrong for being fucking offended.
And you weren't. You were apologized to. Over and over. Or did you perhaps not read my comments?

An apology is more than saying 'i'm sorry'.

it's invalid if you pair it with a bitchy attitude and acting like the person who was offended has no right to be.

but i do remember telling you to get the fuck out of here, so what are you still doing?

Tanzi, Tanzi. Lets go hun Me you and Kuroh can make our own story.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.