Broken Determination

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celest shifted, pushing him gently into the car. She climbed in and close the door before hugging him again, nuzzling his shoulder. "It's okay..shh..it's not your fault. It was my choice..shh..It's okay Joshua..." She whispered, rubbing his back gently, staying close to him. She kissed his cheek softly, pressing her forehead against his. "It's not your fault." she said, looking into his eyes.

Joshua was frozen when he looked into her eyes. She was so close to him and her eyes were breathtaking. They shone brightly and he couldn't find words. Joshua was pretty sure he forgot how to think, how to breathe.
Hesitantly his hands reached up, eyes never leaving hers. He stroked her face gently before touching her mask silently asking to take it off.

Celest made no movement, but her eyes softened, as if to give permission, and she relaxed slightly, silently allowing him to remove the mask.

Joshua gulped, eyes flitting down to her mask before looking back up into her eyes. He knelt on the back seat, hooking his fingers into her mask. He gently pulled it down to reveal her face. "You're beautiful." He breathed accidently voicing his thoughts.

Celest smiled slightly, blushing. There was a small scar under her left ear, but other then that her skin was flawless, her lips soft, her teeth pearly white. She felt her heart skip a beat at his words, and she blushed more.

Joshua leaned in slightly. He felt a strong her to kiss her. It was new and strange but he wanted to. His face was a light pink as he slowly inched foreward. He was about to press his lips against hers when reality suddenly caught up to him. He didnt know her. Just because she kissed his cheek didnt necessarily mean that she liked him like that. At the last moment, he planted his lips on her cheek.

Celest blushed a little and smiled slightly. She hugged him gently, closing her eyes, silent. She didn't want to say anything...what was there to say? Instead, she rested her head on his shoulder, ignoring the pain on her arm, sighing softly. Her heart skipped a beat when he had kissed her cheek. I'm staying.. She thought to herself. She wasn't going to leave him.

Joshua smiled happily as she hugged him. He oulled out of the ambrace, sitting right in the seat. The driver took the two hold. Joshua held her hand securely his grip with a small happy smile, heart beating so fast he was sure Celest could hear.

Celest was lost in her thoughts, smiling, her head on his shoulder as the driver started back towards Joshua's house. She didn't notice the black convertible that followed them all the way back to the house. She sighed softly as they stopped. She felt slightly dizzy from her injury, her sleeve soaked with blood.

The driver got out of the car walking around to open the door. He opened the door as a needle soared through the air. It made its home in his neck. The driver collapsed on the ground paralyzed. Joshua gripped Celests hand and bolted for the house. He didnt want her fighting, not when she was hurt.

Celest stumbled beside him, trying to shake the dizziness from her head. She heard the door close, but she just fell to the floor, everything spinning. She mumbled something before sighing, waiting a second and saying it again. "J-joshua..h-hide.." she said quietly, not reaching for her sword, but sitting there, holding her head, the room spinning. Blood trickled down her arm to her shoulder, soaking her shirt. The cut was deeper than she thought.

Outside, the man cursed, picking the driver up and chucking him in the now empty car. He slammed the door. "I will kill her if she tries something.." he muttered, looking at the house.

"Come with me." He said in a small voice. He knelt in front of her worried. She was dizzy and losing blood, it was all his fault. "C'mon we can get the doctor." Joshua coaxed pulling her to her feet. Please be okay. I can't lose you now.

Celest stumbled, standing slowly. "Jeerrnnnmmm..." she mumbled, resting her head on his shoulder. She stumbled along beside him, mumbling incoherently. The further they walked, the quieter she got until she was silent, leaning on him heavily, her side now soaked with blood from the deep cut on her arm.

The man outside walked up to the door and knocked, smirking.

Joshua walked her to the infirmary. As soon as they entered he demanded that she be attended to. The head doctor scurried over to the injured woman. "She's lost a lot of blood Joshua." She said sadly. "I don't care just help her!" He cried. The doctor nodded as Joshua hovered, pacing back and forth. the doctor moved Celest behind a curtain and removed her top to get her her wound. She cleaned the blood off of her and then sterilized the gash. She then stitched her up putting a gauze over it to soak up any blood that might stray and held it all with medical tape. Once she was finished Joshua was allowed to see Celest. He ran through like a blur of movement, instantly at her side. He ran his fingers through her hair, stroking her cheeks gently. "How are you feeling, please be okay." He whispered sadly.

Downstairs a butler looked out the peephole of the front door. He teetered back, before falling back on his face. A nearby maid jumped in shock at the strange happening. She cautiously walked over and flipped the body. She screamed in terror at what she saw. Two thin knives were protruding from the eyes of the butler.

Joshua jumped at the scream. oh no. not now! she's hurt! Joshua lifted Celest up, carrying her bridal style to his parents room. He walked to their closet and set her down, letting her lean against the wall. He punched a code into a hidden number pad on the wall. It was a panic room with a hidden exit inside.

Celest shifted as she was set down. "J..jo...josh..joshua..." she muttered, her eyes flickering, but not opening. She winced.

The man kicked the door open with a smirk. "Hello there." he said to the maid before flicking his wrist. She fell to the floor, dead, a needle in her neck. He looked around. "Ohhh Celleeeeesssst!" he said loudly. "Whheeerre aaaarrree you deeeaaar?" his words ice.

Joshua pulled her into the panic room. He closed and locked the door tightly. Nothing, absolutely nothing was going to get in that room. Joshua pulled a blanket down and wrapped it around her. He pulled her into his lap, letting her lean against him. He ran his fingers through her hair trying to ignore the chaos outside. "We're gunna be alright. You're safe okay. "

Celest coughed, shaking a little. "J..Joshua.." she muttered again, weakly shifting her hand, searching almost. Her hand found his other hand and took ahold of it, her grip strong compared to a regular girl's grip, but weaker than her usual grip. She whimpered a little.

The man scowled. "HELLO?" he yelled, stomping up the stairs. He looked around, slamming doors, stabbing a few.

Joshua could hear the man's rampage through his house. With each blow he could hear the man make, Joshua jumped squeezing his eyes shut. He held Celest tightly to him. "Don't leave me. Please. You gotta keep your promise remember." He whispered kissing her forehead. He squeezed her hand for strength. He was shaking but he was trying hard to stay strong, strong for her. "You gotta keep your promise." He whispered voice raspy with unshed tears.

Celest whimpered again. "J-joshua..I..I need...I...I need to..to....t-tell..tell you...th...th.." her voice trailed off a little and she seemed to relax a moment before her grip returned on his hand. "Tell...you that...tha..that..." Her voice was quiet, almost forced. "That..I...J-joshua..I...I.."

The man entered the last room in the house..the parent's room. He kicked the bed over. "DAMNIT CELEST YOU DON'T DISAPPEAR!!" He screamed, kicking a hole in the wall. He saw the closet and smirked. "What's this?" he walked to the door, but it didn't budge.

Joshua stroked her hair gently awaiting whatever it was he had to say. "Wh-What Celest...shhhh..." He said softly. "He's here. Just wait okay. We're gunna get out of here." He shifted so that she was on his back. There was a small hatch on the bottom of the room. It was a spiral staircase downwards. It let to a small cube room. The only way in was through the panic room and the only way out was a small door that led to the subway station leading into the city. There was no way to get into the panic room the opposite way.
Joshua carried her all the way through, letting out in the busy terminal of the subways. He hopped onto a random train, letting Celest, once again lay in his lap. "It's alright, We're getting out of here okay."

Status
Not open for further replies.