Broken Determination

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celest looked at him, slightly confused, but grateful. "Thanks...wh..why are you doing this..though. I was supposed to kill you..does...that doesn't scare you?" She said quietly, resting her leg on the ottoman. He's the only person who hasn't threatened me yet..maybe he called someone to get me for a ransom.. She thought to herself.

"It...It terrifies me." Joshua said honestly. He sat on the edge of ottoman with a half hearted smile. "Its really scary but you didnt kill me, so, thats why Im helping you." he stated the end as if it was a simple mattrr, nothing to fuss over. He pulled a blanket and pillow from his bed, draping the blanket over her. He placed the pillow behind her head and closed the window, making sure it was locked. "Night." he said softly crawling into bed. He let his eyes to close unsure if she would be there when he woke.

Celest sighed, but said nothing more. She relaxed slightly, letting her eyes close slowly, her breathing slowing as she slipped into a light sleep, her hand resting casually on her sword. If anyone entered the room, she would know immediately. And I will protect him against all odds..despite the cost.. she thought to herself before fading into the dream-filled unconsciousness.

Joshua woke up to his alarm blaring. He slammed his hand down on his alarm. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up. He slipped out of his bed to get ready for school. He pulled off his sweater forgetting about Celest in the chair. He ran a hand through his messy hair and sighed.

Celest sat straight up at the alarm. Silent, she looked around. I actually fell asleep.. She thought to herself, relieved nothing happened while she was asleep. She noticed a flicker outside and her eyes darted to the window. She looked at Joshua. "What are you going to do?" She asked him curiously.

Joshua jumped in surprise. "O-Oh you're up?" He quickly slipped his school shirt on and buttoned it up. "H-How did you sleep?" He muttered putting on his blazer and tie. His hair stayed stylishly messy as he slipped on his shoes for school. He had a lot of time, he just liked to be prepared.

"I slept well..." she said, shifting, resting her hands in her lap. "Thank you. How did you sleep?" she said, watching him curiously.

"Pretty well actually." Joshua smiled. "Oh! You hungry? I could have food brought up so no one see's you."

Celest shook her head. She was almost never hungry. "No, I'm not.." she said, looking at her leg. With a sigh of determination, she put her leg down, standing. It didn't hurt as bad as it did before, but she knew it was bruised, despite the fact it was hidden under her outfit. "Where are you going?" She asked. "no one gets dressed up for nothing."

Joshua stood quickly incase her leg didn't hold but he did. He gave a small sigh of relief. "O-Oh, just school. We have to wear uniforms." The school crest was stitched into the left breast pocket. Joshua didnt love it but he didnt really hate it either. He slung his messenger back over his shoulder. "I have to go in a few minutes." He said unsure what that meant. Would she come with him? Stay here? He wasn't sure how this was supposed to work.

Celest nodded. "I'm going with you. I won't be seen if you don't want me to." she said, shifting her balance on her injured leg. It held. She decided that once they left she'd see how far she could go before it gave in. "I'm staying with you..I can't risk having you alo-" before she finished the word, a man peeked in the window, growling. Celest drew her sword, stepping in front of Joshua. "Don't move." she told Joshua, glaring the man down.

The man stood up straight, seemingly debating whether to enter or not. He spit at Celest. "Traitor. You will regret this A-2." and he disappeared around the house, going back towards his house to plan. He hadn't expected her to do this..

Celest turned, sheathing her sword. She placed her hand delicately on his shoulder. "I can't risk having you alone..I don't want you to get hurt." she finished quieter. Her hand dropped to her side. Should I take my mask off.. she wondered to herself.

Fear shot through Joshua as Celest pushed him back. He caught a glimpse of the mans face and felt evil. "Wh-Who was that?" He asked hesitantly, glued to her side. After that he didn't want to be alone, ever. He looked at her with scared eyes. Why me? Why does this have to happen?

"That was the man who wanted me to kill you.." she looked into his eyes a moment before hugging him, rubbing the back of his head. "It's okay..I'll keep you safe." she whispered in his ear. She could feel the fear rolling off him in waves. She held him close to her, trying to comfort him, her eyes on the window. "I would rather die then let them hurt you." She said, holding him a little tighter. "I'll never let them touch you.." She said quietly before going quiet.

Joshua wrapped his arms around her. He held her tightly, shaking slightly from fear. He only knew this woman's name but he felt safe in her arms. He couldn't explain it but he did. Joshua sighed softly. "Thank you." His grip tightened as he turned his face into her shoulder. "Why...Why are you doing this? Risking your life for me?"

Celest held him close, rubbing his back. "I don't know..I.." she thought about it a moment. "You're the only target I've never been able to kill.." she said, not letting go. "and I can't kill you..I don't want to see you hurt..I don't know why."

"Huh?!" Joshua's head popped up in shock. "R-Really?" There was a light dusting of pink over his face. He felt, sort of...unique. It was strange. He was an average boy with above average parents. He had normal grades, normal friends, and normal interests. He moved back slightly, just loosening the embrace, to see her face.

Celest's eyes where closed and she looked relaxed, still holding him as she nodded slightly. "Yeah..really.."

Joshua pulled fully out of the hug. "If...If you need anything I can get it for you. I owe to my life." Joshua said sincerely. He smiled softly

Celest nodded, opening her eyes. "Thanks..I.." She pauses, unsure of what to say. Instead, she just smiled a little. "Thanks.." she says again, smiling at him.

"Don't mention it, really." Joshua took her hand, walking out of his room. His parents were long gone, most likely on a business trip out of the country again. The few butlers and maids gave odd looks as their young master exited his bedroom with a female they had never seen before. As most help did, they kept their mouths shut, only speaking amongst themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.