Broken Determination

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celest was silent the entire time. When he rested her in his lap again, she grasped his hand. "J.." She felt weaker than before. "I..I l-li...I r-really...r-really..l-li..l-lik...like..y-y..you.." she said weakly, squeezing his hand gently before going limp, her breathing slow, her eyes closed as her hand slid off of his. She was sleeping.

Joshua tensed when she went limp but relaxed once he realized she only fell asleep. He sighed in relief rubbing her back soothingly. His face tinged pink as her words registered. "I really like you too CeCe." He whispered back although she couldn't hear him.

The train stopped on the edge of the city. Joshua hailed a cab ordering him to take him to his parents safe house. In was in the country a few states away. They were in New York and the house was in Maine. It took about a day to drive all the way up there. It was long and uncomfortable but Joshua made sure Celest slept soundly.

Celest never woke up the entire time, sleeping soundly, her face emotionless.

Back at his house, the man kicked the door. It had scratches and his knives sat, broken, on the ground. He heard sirens and straightened up. "Damn...they're fast.." he fled through the window, dropping and rolling out of sight, sprinting back to his house, growling.

Thankfully, the driver asked no questions when dropping the two kids off at the small log cabin. It was well hidden in the woods. One would have to know the exact route to find it. Joshua paid the man, leaving an extra large tip to keep his mouth shut about their whereabouts.

He carried Celest inside, laying her on the bed in his room. He covered her with blankets, sure to make her comfortable. He kissed her on the forehead and went to clean out the house. He had only ever been there once, when his father first made headline news as the most popular man in the country. They needed to get away from the press. He opened up a few windows to allow fresh air inside. He dusted off the furniture and appliances as well as airing out the bed sheets and drapes on the windows.

Celest woke up about an hour later. She glanced around. No Joshua..in a bed..strange room... Her eyes widen and she tried to get out of the bed, but fell to her knees, still a little dizzy. She yelped. I broke my promise..I..I lost him... Her eyes teared up a little and she covered her face with her hands.

Joshua heard a soft thump in the room he had left Celest in. He ran in only to find her on the floor crying. "Celest, hey don't cry." He said softly kneeling in front of her. He pulled her hands away from her face and wiped her tears away. "Why are you crying? What's wrong?" He asked concern lacing his every word.

Celest blinked, looking slightly confused before wrapping her arms around him, burying her face in his shoulder. "I..I thought...he...he found..and he...and I lost...and you..you hurt..and I...broke..I broke..and then..and then he..." she stuttered, her words broken as she held him close. "I thought I'd lost you.." she finally managed to mutter.

"Shhh....I'm fine. Don't worry. I'll always be here." He whispered rubbing her back. He buried his face in her hair holding her tightly. I think...I think I'm falling for her. Joshua slowly let go of her, only enough for her to sit up straight. He wiped her tears away with a soft smile. "I...I may not know how to fight like you but I'll never let you go...Ever." He said sincerely staring into her eyes.

Celest nodded slightly, managing a slight smile. "Y-you don't need to k-know how to fight..I-I'll always f-fight for you..a-and you'll al-always be there t-to pick me u-up.." she said, sighing softly. "D-did you h-hear what I s-said before I passed o-out?" she blushed slightly.

Joshua blushed heavily remembering the words she fought so hard to say. He leaned in slowly. His eyes flickered between her lips and her eyes, waiting for her to stop him. He leaned in until his lips brushed lightly against hers. He pulled back slightly shying away at first. With the last bit of courage he had, Joshua connected their lips in a soft, hesitant kiss.
Even though it wasn't rough and full of unadulterated passion, Joshua still felt that fairy tale spark. Butterflies swam in his stomach and a smile encompassed his face as he pulled away.

Celest slowly smiled. "G-good." she said, blushing before hugging him tightly, but not painfully. She shifted before kissing him back delicately, blushing. She then rested her head on his shoulder, holding him close to her. She felt like her heart was beating through her chest. she wondered if Joshua could hear it.

Joshua was happy. He realized this was the first time he had felt any of this; love, true happiness, wanting to protect some with his life. Joshua knew what he felt was love but he couldnt say it, not yet. It was too early on. "Let's make food alright. You haven't eaten in a while." Joshua stood, helping Celest up as well.

Celest smiled slightly, standing shakily, but leaning slightly on him. "Okay..th-thanks." she said, resting her head on his shoulder. "I don't eat a lot..so..yeah.."

"Well that's gunna change." Joshua teased helping her towards the kitchen. He helped her sit in a chair and went to the fridge. Surprisingly there was food in there and non of it was rotten. "Sweet!" Joshua pulled out a package of bacon, a carton of eggs, orange juice and sausage. He was going to make her breakfast.

Celest raised an eyebrow, but was smiling, resting her elbows on the table and her head on her hands. "I wouldn't be too excited...I don't have a big appetite..So if I can't eat a lot, I don't want to waste food." She warned in a soft, understanding voice, smiling. He was so sweet.

"That's not changing a thing."He said, leaving a gentle kiss on her cheek. Joshua made scrambled eggs and sausage, cooking the bacon last so it would be warm. He brought over two plates, one for her and one for him. "Tell me what you think?" He asked shyly. He had cooked for himself before, even though he had his own personal chef back home. But he had never had anyone try it before.

Celest took a bite and her eyes widened. She chewed slowly and swallowed, almost speechless. She waited a moment before speaking. "Woah..I..that's amazing.." she said quietly. She'd never had such good food before. She took another bite, swallowing. She smiled brightly. "I've never had something so good.."

Joshua blushed with a small smile of pride in place. He ate his food silently just letting himself bask in her praise. He finished relatively quickly and placed his dishes in the sink before returning to Celest at the table. "What...What do we do now? Its only a matter of time before he finds us, right?"

Celest finished a few bites after him. She never felt so full, yet contempt. She giggled. "I feel fat.." she patted her nonexistant stomach before sighing. "Depends..we escaped fairly easily, but he'll be searching. It'll take him several days to find us.." she stood, walking carefully over to him and hugging him gently. "So we can relax for now." she kissed his cheek. "Thank you..for saving me." she smiled softly.

His face turned a darker shade of pink as her lips touched his cheek. "I-Its no biggie..I uh..well you know...I ....I like you, a lot...an-and dont want anything bad to happen you know." He stuttered out shakily. He rested his head against her shoulder, nuzzling her neck with a smile. "Ill do anything for you." He whispered to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.