Briarwood Academy: Grades Are The Least Of Your Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexa
"Okay, okay I won't tell anyone. I promise. Your secret is one-hundred percent safe with me." AJ chuckled and looked her in her eyes. Why Ashton wouldn't want anyone to know about this amazing secret she had, Alexa would never know or understand. Ash had a gift and that was clear. AJ could tell that Ash was on the verge of tears, and she didn't like seeing people cry. "Please don't cry now.Don't let a tear stain that pretty little face. I know it's hard, but save them for another day," AJ sang Ashton the song she had been writing for a while now. She smiled her genuine smile at her.

@Tart

Quinton
Quinton rolled his eyes. "Come on, Jake. Would you rather go back and sit in class? I mean, the damage is already done." He opened the passenger door, pulled the lever on the front seat so it was leaning all the way forward, and gestured for her to climb in. "I'll buy you a burrito or a coffee or whatever you want to eat. And," he added as an after thought, "I'll consider revoking your nickname, but only if you spend some quality bonding time with your two favorite people." Quinton stuck his lip out and tried his damndest to make puppy eyes. "I'll even let you plug in your music. I put a top-notch system in this bad boy. It's probably worth more than the fucking car, to be honest." As far as Quinton was concerned, being allowed to choose the music in his car was huge honor and shouldn't be taken lightly. Generally, he'd sooner give up the Holy-fucking-Grail than risk listening to crappy music in his baby.

Skye buried herself in the lesson. She focused until something he said struck a nerve. She stiffened and slowly put her stuff in her bag. Her phone buzzed. Getting it out, she wondered who would be texting her. She didn't have many friends, but that was her life, always on the move. She had to figure out what happened to her parents. She felt she had to take the stupid math and science classes to honor them. Otherwise, she wouldn't even try. Despite her attempt to hide it, a single tear slipped down her cheek. Her hand shot to her cheek and wiped it off quickly hoping no one had seen it.
The buzz wasn't a text, but an email. It was encrypted, meaning it was probably from Joe. Which meant he may have found something on her folks. She had to get access to her phone freely, without fear of getting caught.
"Sir, I need to use the restroom." She said before standing and walking out of the class. She headed to What she thought was an empty room, but it turned out two girls were in there, one on the verge of tears and one was singing. Her mistake. she turned to leave, but knocked a music stand over. Dang it, Skye! You're such a klutz! She cursed at herself. Too late now.
"Sorry...didn't mean..." she froze. She didn't know what to say or what to do. She looked down. Her cheeks flushing bright red.

((Sorry for random intrusion, will delete if asked. It does say she is....awkward.@Tart ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashton
Ashton breathed a sigh of relief and sat down beside her wiping away a tear in her eye before it rolled down her cheek. She blushed lightly when the other sang the few lyrics, looking at her in awe. "You sing beautifully.." She murmured, smiling slightly at her. "Are you writing a song?" Ashton asked, running a finger under her eyes to pick up any excess makeup that may have smeared when her eyes teared up. Ashton glanced at the piano again, and realized the sheet music was still sitting there, in plain view. She quickly grabbed it and put it back in her binder. Just then she heard a music stand drop, and made Ashton jump lightly, squeezing her bag. "I um...it's fine, I was just getting ready to leave." Ashton put her mean attitude back in place. She always did that when caught off guard. "Maybe you should learn how to eavesdrop." Ashton sneered, walking out of the room quickly. She felt bad for saying it. But she couldn't help it. While walking she suddenly felt a tear drop onto her hand. She was crying..
((It's all good :) ))

Jake
Jake listened to him ramble, and even watched him do those dorky yet seemingly adorable puppy eyes. She sighed heavily and rubbed her temples, closing her eyes. "First of all, Nico, get your ass in the back. I'm riding shot gun. And also, you." She looked up and flashed Quinton a smile "I expect some Twizzlers, mister. And nah, your music taste will do fine. Oh, and you guys are far from my favorites." She shrugged and pushed her brother into the car, watching him chuckle and ruffle her hair. "What's with the change in mood, missy?" Jake shrugged, putting the seat back in it's place and sitting down. "Eh, because why not." She glanced at Quinton, crossing her arms. "You getting in the car, lover boy, or am I gonna have to force you?" Jake smirked, pushing some of her hair behind her ear and leaning back into the seat.

Quinton
Quinton smiled, and closed the passenger seat door. He jogged around to the drivers side and hopped in. "So, I was thinking it's time for some more Issues," he announced, plugging his iPod into the deck. "Objections? No? I didn't think so." As they pulled out of the parking lot of Briarwood Academy, Quinton began an animated retelling of his conversation with Langenwalter.
"Can you believe it? I told him that my dad has ass cancer, and he believed me! The look on his face was perfect. He seriously didn't know what to say," Quinton concluded as they pulled into the quickstop parking lot. He made eye contact with Nico in the rear view mirror and cracked an enormous grin. "Wish you could've seen it, dude. I hope all of my teachers are that gullible. We don't like... have parent-teacher conferences here... do we?"

Alexa
Alexa chewed on her bottom lip at the comment that Ash had just made. "Damn I'm sorry about that, she's a bit upset. Are you new here? I've never seen you around. I'm Alexa. Uhm, there's a party tonight if you wanna go, it's at this chick Lindsay's house. She told me to invite everyone I know, and although I don't exactly know you, you look like you could use some friends." AJ laughed as she wrote down her number on a piece of paper and handed it to the girl. "But uh, I have to go see if she's alright and I'm hoping to see you at that party. Text me and I'll text you the deats." AJ smiled and ran out of the room to look for Ashton. "Hey Ash, where'd you go?" She whispered loudly so no teachers would hear her and give her detention for being out of class.
@Tart @Bitterblue

Lindsay
"Ugh," Lindsay mumbled to herself as she entered the hallway. There was still fifteen minutes left until free period, but she'd had enough. There were plenty of rooms that were usually vacant within the music wing. Most of them were practice rooms, free for students to use when rehearsing for school talent events (which were often at Briarwood, in the hopes of exposing some of their more exceptional students to talent scouts from some of the big name universities). Lindsay clutched her phone, scrolling through twitter. "I see the word is getting out," she mumbled, acknowledging the tweets about her party. Without looking up, she opened the nearest practice room door and nearly steam rolled the poor girl who was standing immediately inside.
"Watch it," Lindsay hissed, taking a step back and examining the girl in front of her. She was pretty, with her long brown hair and and kind face. Lindsay hated girls that didn't accentuate her own looks, which of course, this one didn't. "Who are you?" Lindsay snapped, clicking her fingers nails. "I thought there were only three new kids this semester. Or were you just late to the party?"

@Bitterblue

Skye, Purple
She nodded at Alexa's question saying she was new. Alexa spoke so fast, she couldn't get a word in edgewise, other than "I'm Skye." Before she knew it Alexa was handing her a number and telling her to text her, and she was gone. She let out a long breath, not realizing she had been holding it. She stuffed the paper with Alexa's number in it in her jeans, and sat herself in a corner of the room. Taking out her phone, she plugged it into the wall. It would need lots of power for this. She opened the email, and started to decript the message from Joe. They went through loops and loops of encryption's to communicate with each other, safety precaution. She smiled at the thought of Joe, his face, his lips, his lips on hers.....she shook her head. She had finally gotten down to the password. She typed in the password. "Docks. Midnight." was all the email said. She gasped. He never gave a location unless he found something. She heard footsteps, putting her phone away she she moved to stand. But was blocked by the door opening and nearly being trampled by some girl with an attitude.
"Or were you just late for the party?" Skye scowled. Yep. Definitely wrong crowd. "Well, if you count being nearly killed on the way to school, then yes. I would say I was late." she snarled. "Sorry to have gotten in the way of her majesty. Will leave you alone now, with your permission." she finished it off with a mock bow and turned to walk out of the room. There was nothing she hated more than someone who thought they were better than everyone else. She suddenly remembered her charger. Sighing she turned and walked back, and grabbed it. She felt the eyes of the stranger on her. Fighting back a blush, she turned to leave trying to get out of there as soon as possible.

@CelestialCellar

Jake
Jake had laughed pretty hard at his goofy little story, and was actually, genuinely, smiling. Quinton was a pretty goofy guy, then again, who wouldn't notice. He had mooned 2 girls in the hallway. Ugh. Just thinking of the Ashton bitch made Jake cranky. She brushed it off quickly. As they pulled into the Quickstop's parking lot, Jake hopped out and stretched a bit, waiting for the other 2 idiots to get out. "Alright, who's buying my Twizzlers?" Jake teased, walking up to Quinton and attempting rest her elbow on his shoulder, but failing miserably due to her shortness. 5'3 wasn't the best height for a senior. She blushed lightly and stopped, looking at Nico as he stepped out. Stupid jerk for getting the tall genes of the family. He was like a walking tree with the towering height of 6'9! It made Jake laugh when she thought of him sitting in the back of Quinton's car, and that short little ole her was the one to make him. Guess being short and having a bad attitude had some perks.
Nico
Nico grinned at the story, laughing with Jake, and Nico looked back at Quinton. "How am I supposed to know man? I'm new too, remember? Besides, I'm sure you could come up with some other weird lie to make sure your dad doesn't come." He smirked and stepped out of the car, watching Jake fail at resting her arm on Quinton's shoulder. "Shortty." He mocked, ruffling her hair and chuckling. "Hey, but short girls are cute. Wouldn't you agree, Quinton?" He smirked and leaned against the wall of the corner store, fixing his beanie and clicking his tongue.
Ashton
Ashton heard the girl call her name softly, and began to panic slightly. She couldn't let the other girl see her like this. She opened the first door she saw and sat down, ignoring how dark it was. Ashton didn't realize she had merely walked into a dusty old instrument storage unit. They kept all the broken instruments here, when they really just collected dust. Ashton still didn't know why she picked now of all times to cry like a baby, but she sure did bawl. She sniffled and sobbed, hugging her own knees as her oh so perfect makeup ran slightly from her watery eyes. She was a wreck.

Lindsay
A wicked smile stretched across Lindsay's face. "Attitude," she stated, leaning against the door frame. "Love it. Usually dweebs like you keep their heads down, but you're... different." Some people were just so... interesting. Nothing ticked Lindsay off more than a dull personality and --- thank God --- this girl didn't have one. "In case you haven't heard --- which I'm sure you haven't, seeing as you couldn't have possibly made any other loser friends yet --- there's a party at my place tonight. Free booze, of course, if that's what you're into." Lindsay twirled her fingers around her hair, nonchalant. "Everyone will be there, so you should have a shot at meeting someone."

Quinton
Quinton laughed, lightly. "Yeah, you're right. I don't think keeping my dad away from the school would be that difficult." Realistically, his dad had never attended a parent-teacher meeting. Or anything at all, really. That's the kind of stuff his mom was good for... before she passed. He physically shook the thought from his head.
He glanced down at Jake who was trying hopelessly to reach his shoulder with her elbow.
"Nice try, Bae --- I mean, Jake," he'd nearly forgotten about their deal. "I'll get the Twizzlers. I told you I would."
Quinton chuckled as Nico picked on Jake.

"Hey, but short girls are cute. Wouldn't you agree, Quinton?"
He felt his cheeks grow warm despite himself. "Yeah, I mean, of course. Because," he said trying to cover for the redness in his face, "you can do this---" Quinton hooked his arm around Jakes torso and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her towards the glass double doors. "Coming?" He said, winking at Nico.

Jake
Jake huffed lightly when he called her 'Bae', seemingly on accident. Sure Quinton. She had her hands in her back pockets, listening to the traffic around them when Nico said the statement that short girls were cute. Then, of course, he just had to ask idiot #1. Jake was actually a bit surprised to see his cheeks warm up with a light red, and then before she knew it, she was swooped off her feet with a gasp. "Wha--?!" Jake's world was upside down. Literally. Her fair fell straight down as she was thrown over his shoulders, and frankly, was a bit scared. "H-Hey! Don't touch me you little pest! Are you even listening?!" She stammered slightly as her cheeks grew heated. Usually she would have been screaming bloody murder with just the mere physical contact with someone. And it was a male. 2 of her greatest fears, and yet here she was, unafraid of the 2nd male that popped into her life. Who would've thought Jake would actually begin a bit of trust for an idiot.
Nico
Nico smirked at Nico as he saw the other's cheeks burn red. When Quinton threw Jake over his shoulder, he immediately tensed and opened his mouth to say something. "Hey--" but then stopped when he saw that Jake wasn't terrified or screaming. In fact, she was blushing of all things. And Nico knew every fear his sister had and how much she was scared of each and every one. Why wasn't she panicking? Nico smirked and gave Quinton a thumbs up, smiling slightly to himself.

Quinton
Ignoring Jake's objections and without putting her down, Quinton began browsing the tiny candy isle. "The selection kind of sucks," he commented bluntly. "Oh, there are your twizzlers, Jake," He said spinning her closer to the shelf. "Grab 'em! Hey, Nico! Do you want anything? And if you say anything other than "a delicious burrito," I will cut you," Quinton joked.

The store clerk looked utterly bemused. "She's my hostage until fourth period," Quinton explained as he approached the register. "And the devilishly handsome guy over there --- he's my accomplice."

Jake
Jake was blushing a lot by now, entering the store and still being upside down, on Quinton's shoulder. Totally a great first impression to strangers. Jake noticed the Twizzlers he had gestured to, and grabbed them, jokingly slapping his butt with the package and letting out a soft laugh. Nico replied from the other end of the little store, "I would indeed love a delicious burrito, good sir. Shall I grabbeth thou one?" He spoke in a fake British/fancy/whatever type of medieval accent that blundering idiot was trying to do. Jake was just laughing, being carried around on Quinton's shoulder was a bit fun, and the expression on the cashiers face was priceless. Nico smirked and waved at the clerk as Quinton gestured to him, and Jake also waved, though unable to see the clerk's face now because Quinton just wouldn't stop moving. "So, lover boy, when are ya gonna set me down, hm?" Jake smirked, getting an idea. She quickly hoisted herself up using her hands against his back, and swung around to where Quinton was carrying her like a 'Princess'. "I like this better. Much more comfy." Jake laughed and patted the top of his head like a servant.

Quinton
"Nah, dude. I got them," Quinton sad as he threw some money onto the counter, ordering four 99 cent burritos. They'd probably been sitting under the heat lamp for several hours by now, but Quinton loved them anyway. Jake readjusted herself, falling casually into his arms, and he felt his cheeks getting warm again.
"Alright, who are you and what did you do to Bae?" He winked to emphasize the joke.
The cashier set the burritos and change on the counter, and Quinton thanked him before they all went outside. There was a dirty little picnic table directly in front of Quickstop. Quinton dumped Jake onto one of the seats and slid in next to her.
"Twizzlers for you," he said sliding the package in front of Jake. "And two burritos for you," he continued, sliding the greasy burrito bags across the table to Nico, "And two for me."

Jake
Jake laughed at the joke, and merely shrugged, blushing lightly at the wink. She turned her head to hide the blush, and focused her attention else where until they were outside. She plopped down on the picnic table, and took her Twizzlers. After a moment Jake hopped up onto the actual table to sit on, resting her feet on the bench. In her opinion, it was far more comfy. She opened the plastic packaging and smelled the artificial strawberry, taking one and biting. Jake loved Twizzlers, and she didn't know why they were so tasty to her. They were just....yummy. She offered some to her brother Nico, in which he took, and then to Quinton. "Twizzler?" She smirked lightly and took another for herself, taking a bite. "Maybe this first day isn't so bad." She glanced down at her brother and Quin. "Though I would have much rather you hadn't announced I had imaginary cramps in the middle of class." Jake shot daggers at Nico. "Hey, it worked, did it not? And if I say so myself, you seem to be enjoying yourself for the first time in, what, years?" Nico rose an eyebrow. "Yeah, well.." She trailed off, glancing up at the sky. "Whatever."

Quinton
Quinton smiled up at Jake pulling a twizzler from the package.
"So," Quinton said, swallowing a giant bite of his burrito, "have you guys noticed how weird everyone is about this Briar Bitch thing? I'm pretty sure Ashton threatened me this morning when I made fun of whole thing." He scrolled back through his twitter feed until he found the tweet. "I just think its sort of weird. I've never met so many people who take social media this seriously." He fiddled with one of the laces from Jakes shoe, which was resting on the bench next to him.

Alexa
AJ sighed. After looking in bathrooms, janitors closets, and peaking into empty classrooms for seven minutes, she eventually gave up looking for Ashton. She'd probably see her at the party, and they could talk then, or some other time if Ashton didn't want anyone to hear about it. AJ pulled out her phone, typing away on the touchscreen keyboard: I wanted to make sure you were okay... But I can't exact;y find you. :( So I hope you're still going to Lindsay's party and maybe we can talk then? ;) You're really talented as far as... you know what and I wanna know why you don't wanna share that with anyone. But you can definitely share it with me any day xD. AJ smiled at her screen, locking her phone and putting it back in her pocket. There was only a couple minutes left until free period, so there was really no point in going back to class.
@Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.