Briarwood Academy: Grades Are The Least Of Your Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna
Anna didn't even bother with her Ap class. It didn't matter. If she skipped, she always had a few backup sick notes with her parents signature. She couldn't survive another class like that. She walked strait passed her Ap Gov class and instead walked strait into the library. The librarian wasn't here yet, thank goodness, and she walked over to a bookshelf. She found herself a little corner and tucked herself in between two of them, sitting down with her song book on her lap as she began to write.
Fiona
Fiona got out of her uneventful homeroom and moved towards her next class. She could see that some guys where mooning people in the hall and she scoffed, a little grossed out by it. She continued to her Calc class with disgust, glad that she probably wouldn't have to see much of that kid. He probably drank and smoked too. She sighed and walked into her class, taking a seat by the window.

Alexa
AJ chuckled and nodded. "Uhm, sure. Okay." She shrugged, pulling out her phone and texting Joseph: Hey just got invited to a party at Lindsay LaChance's house. Tweet and text everyone! This is gonna be rad! She smiled putting her phone away. "Hey thanks for inviting me to your party. I really appreciate it." AJ turned to the two girls.

@Tart @CelestialCellar Brøken_Serenity

Last edited:
Quinton
Quinton pulled his pants back up and smiled, posing with two thumbs up for the camera. "Please do, I wouldn't want anyone to miss it," he called back. He flashed a grin at Ashton and winked before turning back to Nico. "I'm gonna be late for Choir if I don't hall ass. I still don't know where the room is." He pulled the crumpled schedule out from his pocket to examine it again. "We should meet up during free period though."

Lindsay
"That was priceless. We're definitely holding that over his head for...um...ever." She giggled girlishly, and turned back to Alexa. "Not a problem, honey. Just help us spread the word. God, I wish you would've taken choir with me, Ashton. You know, people don't actually practice in the practice rooms, they just hang out. It's practically another free period." Lindsay knew exactly how to skate through school without working. It definitely helped that her mother was also sleeping with the Choir teacher.

Jake
Jake was still blushing when she headed into her next class, AP History, and sat down in the very back of the class. Her day was already shit-tastical and to make matters worse, she was apparently 'Married' to Quinton of all things. I mean....yeah she was lesbian, but that was only because men make her uneasy and well...scare her. It's one of the biggest secrets she has, and she refuses to let it get out to others, besides her brother. Jake bounced her foot as she thought, biting her bottom lip as she thought. Stupid Quinton.
Nico
Nico nodded and checked out his schedule too. "I wish I could help you, but frankly I have no idea either. I have AP History next with my sister though, and I'll make sure to tell her you love her." He cracked a grin at his reference to the Twitter posts and slapped his back lightly in a friendly manner. "See you in free period!" He walked down the hallway and went searching for his next class, eventually finding it and sitting down next to Jake. "Something bothering you? You're really gnawing on her bottom lip, and I'm afraid your leg may fall off from all that bouncin'." Nico grinned at his sister as she rolled her eyes, and ruffled her hair to annoy her. "Quinton says he looooves youuu." He made a kissy face and pinched her nose. "Stop teasing me! And I'm not bothered with anything! Just leave me alone!" Nico put his hands up in defense. "Yes, oh evil dark lord." And he turned away.
Ashton
Ashton laughed and nodded, looking at the picture on her phone. "Ohh, this is gold." Ashton looked at Alexa as she walked over and thanked them, and offered her a kind and...genuine smile. "Yeah, no prob! We look forward to seeing you there." She turned back to Lindsay and huffed lightly, looking at her nails. "Yeah, but we all know I can't sing for the life of me. Unless you like the sound of a dying cat." She sneered at herself and leaned against the lockers. "Anyway, I'll see you in free period then. I have AP History now. I may look into getting a class changed." Ashton winked at Lindsay and waved goodbye to Alexa, and walked to her next class, sitting down at a desk, and scrolling through Twitter.

Quinton
Quinton waved goodbye to Nico, and started searching for the choir room. He was still teasing Jake over twitter when he found it. He was surprised --- the room was sort of... huge. There were elevated platforms that stretched towards the back of the room surrounding the podium where the professor was standing. Behind the professor were several windowed doors that led more, smaller rooms. The professor smiled kindly as Quinton entered, so he introduced himself.

"Quinton, sir." He said shaking the man's hand.
"Brace Langenwalter, but the kids here usually just call me L. Are you bass or tenor?"
"Uh... I don't know. I haven't really done this before." Quinton felt his palms sweating. He seriously could not sing.
"That's alright," L replied, gesturing towards the middle-front section. "Sit with the tenors today, and we'll do a proper vocal screening after class."
"Kay..." Quinton turned away, snaking through the maze of chairs before throwing himself into one in the second row.

Lindsay
"Definitely, you've got to look into it!" Lindsay called after Ashton. "I guess it's you and me, Alexa," Lindsay simpered, hooking her arm around AJ's elbow and dragging her down the hall. "Looks like moon-boy over there is headed for choir, too. Maybe that'll make it more interesting, don't you think so, Alexa?" She looked down and AJ's boyish face, and simpered some more. "You've got to let me do your make up before the party tonight. You'll look like such a doll."

Alexa
Alexa scoffed at Lindsay's comment. "Oh gosh Lindsay you are really quite the comedian. Me,in make up? And ruin all these good looks? Gosh you should be a comedy writer." AJ was never really one for make up. She dressed mostly like a guy and had very boyish facial features. So her in makeup just wouldn't work at all. "Yeah, sorry I don't wear make up Lindsay. How would that even look? Me wearing eyeshadow and mascara? No thank you," She chuckled. Her voice was even a bit masculine

@CelestialCellar

Jake
Jake couldn't concentrate. Once she started thinking about something, she couldn't stop until it was resolved. Stupid school. Stupid people. Stupid Quinton. Stupid Nico. Stupid everything! Class began and Jake merely glanced up every 5 seconds just to seem like she was kind of listening, though she was completely zoned out. The teacher seemed to drone on and on about this one guy who saved some other important guy who had a funny name. Who actually needed to learn this crap? Jake huffed and continued to bite her bottom lip and bounce her foot.
Nico
Nico watched from the corner of his eye as his sister kept making different facial expressions to match her thoughts. What was she so bent over about? He sighed and returned his attention to the boring teacher going on about 2 men in some battle. Borrriiiinnnnngggg. Nico couldn't wait till free period so he could finally do what he wanted and move around without a teacher getting on to him about it. He hated being cooped up in a class room full of other people. The air was stiff and smelt like sweaty jocks and perfumed preps. Not a good mix. He glanced at Ashton who was sitting it the front of class, taking notes and listening. Who put hearts over their i's? Her handwriting is all swirly and girly. Ick. Nico couldn't wait to leave this class.
Ashton
This class is so boring. Ashton thought bitterly, looking forward to free period. Her hand was aching a bit due to the excessive note taking, and the teacher just kept going on and on and on and....you get the point. Ashton had many bitter words floating around in her head about the damn teacher. Ugh. Ashton eventually stopped taking notes and decided today was a resting day. Most days she'd be going all out on her notes and write down everything. But today, she really wasn't in the mood. Ashton chewed her gum some that was slowly losing it's minty flavor, and tapped her pink pencil on the desk. This class was definitely needing a change. Choir, here I come!

Lindsay
"Don't be silly, Alexa. We'd make you look super cute. But if you insist, I guess I'll have to accept it." They reached the choir room, and Lindsay took her usual seat in the back of the alto section. "Look at L, getting Quinton all flustered. What's his deal, anyway?" The class went through a series of vocal warm-ups, followed by a quick run through of some of last semester's songs. After that, they all received sheet music for the songs that they would be singing at the fall concert and were split into groups to learn the music in the individual practice room. Lindsay stuffed the sheet music into her backpack and meandered over to the usual practice room that the alto's worked in.

Quinton
Quinton moved his lips without singing throughout the vocal warm-ups, and when they started singing old songs he had an excuse to sit silently and listen. The choir was actually good. He hadn't really expected that, considering the sort of people he'd met so far today. Clearly some of the students got in for real reasons (other than money) after all. He smiled down at his phone. She's so melodramatic, he was reading through his twitter conversation with Jake, you'd think i was trying to ruin her life or something. At least he made one friend today, and his taste in music actually didn't suck which was a definite plus.

@delinquinton_d: @NicoShwerts We should go to quickstop during break. I've got a car, so we'll have time.

Quinton already wanted a break from this campus, and it was only second period.

Jake
Jake was glaring at her phone in her lap, her eyebrows furrowed. Idiot. She scrolled through the messages on Twitter, then shut off her phone with an agitated huff of breath. Nico was then making wiggly eyebrows at her since he too had been reading the messages. Idiot #2. Jake leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest, biting her bottom lip as she thought. During free period, I need to play an instrument before I go insane. She thought in pure annoyance, the teacher handing out assignments to complete before the end of class. Great. I should have been listening, you bonehead! Jake cursed at herself, and attempted to answer some of the questions.
Nico
This. Class. Sucks. Nico groaned internally as his phone buzzed, in which he took out from his back pocket and turned on.
@delinquinton_d: @NicoShwerts We should go to quickstop during break. I've got a car, so we'll have time.
Sweet. Nico texted back and scrolled through his feed. He stumbled upon a conversation between Quinton and Jake, and had to bite his tongue from laughing. Jake was such a jerk to him, it was quite hilarious. Nico would definitely watch this little 'relationship' grow from the sidelines, because he was pretty positive Jake would try with all her might to keep the poor boy away. He turned to make wiggly eyebrows at his sister, and in return, resulted in her giving him an eyeroll and turning away. Typical Jake.
Ashton
Ashton decided to put her manipulating skills to good use, and get the teacher to let her go practice her 'singing'. While, instead, she was absolutely dying to play the piano. She hadn't played in so long, and her fingers were aching to play a specific song of hers. She had wrote it a while back in the 8th grade. Ashton stood up, and walked over to where the teacher was sitting behind his desk. She spoke in a sweet and innocent tone, batting her eyelashes over those big blue eyes of hers. "Um, sir, perhaps I could skip out on todays lesson? Just for today, is all. I have a really important singing contest coming up and I need the extra practice. Could you please be a doll and let me out early so I can get in the extra needed practice?" Ashton smiled sweetly and twirled her golden locks around her finger. "Well....I guess so...but only for today, Miss Emmins!" Ashton smiled brightly and took the written hall pass, and gathered her things, walking out into the hallway to the small room with the grand piano.

Alexa
AJ sat in the alto practice room, playing on her phone and secretly freaking out about Lindsay's party. She hadn't been to a party in a while and it was just the thing she needed to get her head off of everything.

Felix
Felix drummed his hands against the desk as the teacher talked, he found history interesting so this class was a breeze, plus the fact that his grandparents were from Europe, they loved to talk to him about it. The teacher was droning on about something or other that seemed relatively useless so he checked his phone. There was a party apparently happening tonight and since he was seen as a Jock, it probably meant that he had to go. Sighing, he glanced up as the teacher gave out a worksheet that was to be due at the class. He filled it out quickly, there was no open ended and it was all multiple choice. Even a monkey could of gotten a good grade, or at least he had thought that for when he turned around he saw that everyone else looked confused and was struggling. Felix smiled slightly and put in a headphone, hiding it under his hair and with a jacket he started to play music softly, waiting for the period to end.

Ashton
Ashton walked down the hallway as her shoes softly padded on the tiled floor, looking for the room with the grand piano. During the years she had secretly gone to this room to play, and has yet to be found out about. She didn't know why she didn't want others to find out about this secret talent of hers, but she just wanted her and herself to know. Eventually she found a door at the very end of hallway, and opened it slowly, poking her head in and taking in the wooden smell of the grand piano. She loved this room. Ashton sat down at the bench and placed her nimble fingers on the keys, taking a deep breath and playing a few chords. After a while, she took her binder out from her backpack and brought out sheets of music. There were notes and letters scribbled on it, and slightly yellowed with age. She wrote this song a bit before the suicide attempt in 8th grade. It was basically her way of saying goodbye. The paper brought back a flash of emotions, but she was determined to play. Ashton began to play the song, the tone very dark and sad, dramatic and slow. She progressed from soft to being loud as her fingers pounded against the keys. The song was very beautiful, but held a very sad meaning.

Alexa
AJ sighed, just wanting to sing or even hear the songs she'd learned in choir last semester. She grabbed her stuff, making her way to the music room. She figured she would catch up on her guitar skills, but not before hearing someone playing a beautiful song on the piano. She stood there in awe, listening to the girl play her song, not wanting to be seen. At first she didn't know who it was playing the piano, and she didn't want to scare her by just staring. It wasn't until she was almost finished with her song that AJ realized who it was and spoke up. "Ashton?" she was somewhat surprised to see the popular girl out of class and playing the piano. It wasn't something that you really expected out of a shopaholic drama queen, but AJ liked it.

@Tart

Skye Ward, Purple
"Dang it!" Skye punched the steering wheel. She was already running late for her first day at the new school. This was the last thing she needed. She stepped out of the car, and walked to the back to see the damage. Her entire back end was crushed. Looks like she would be missing at least 2 periods her first day. At least her 3rd was free. "I'm so sorry, Miss. I don't know what happened...looked away for one second and the next..." the guy trailed off. The sirens wailed in the distance. Took them long enough. As the officer stepped up, he gathered a statement from Skye and then Matt. By the time it was done, Skye had indeed missed the first two periods. The officer had been kind enough to give her a ride to the school, since her car was going right to the shop.
Walking up to the front desk, Skye took a deep breath and got the attention of the secretary. "Oh! You must be Skye. Not a good idea being late on your first day...Oh." She stopped as she saw the officer walking up behind her. The officer explained the car accident, and the secretary thanked him. "Sorry Skye. Looks like you have AP English Literature at the moment." She pointed Skye in the right direction, and handed her a note for the teacher.
Walking towards the classroom, Skye tried to get her breathing under control. She took a deep breath and walked into the classroom. "Sorry I'm late. Car accident." she said, handing the teacher the slip of paper and trying to get in her seat. Instead, she was forced to introduce herself. "Umm....I'm Skye Ward....and I'm good with computers." she managed to utter before sliding into a seat next to a young woman with red hair and cute glasses. She wanted this class to be over, or at least to be out of the center of attention.
@KayThePilotChapter

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashton
Ashton had closed her eyes while playing, her fingers going up the piano's keys and then back down as she gently swayed with the music. She didn't even need the old sheets of music she had set before her, because she knew this song from heart. She couldn't even feel the other's eyes on her as she played, her fingers pounding against the keys. It finally came to a soft ending part, the part that she liked to call 'The Last Breath', and let the last note echo softly. She opened her eyes slowly as she exhaled, realizing she had been holding her breath. She felt fulfilled to play, the lack of playing had gotten to her mind. Man, she missed the piano..

"Ashton?"

She froze. Ashton knew that voice. AJ. Ashton spun around with wide eyes, her blonde hair landing gracefully on her opposite shoulder. "I...wha--...Why....AJ?" She stammered over her words, standing up quickly as her cheeks turned a bright red, the stool to the piano accidentally falling onto the ground. "Oh gosh, this isn't good, I um..I....what are you....what are you doing here?" It came out as a hushed whisper, her eyes wide as she looked at her crush, of all people to find out her secret talent. Her face turned even redder when she accidentally made eye contact with her. Usually Ashton was one to play things off coolly, but she was flustered, and her crush, AJ, was the one to find out.

Alexa
AJ could tell that Ash was really flustered about this whole situation. "Oh uhm, I was just looking for my acoustic when I heard you playing. I didn't know you played piano," AJ sat down in a chair by Ashton. "You're really really good, why haven't you played for anyone?" Alexa chuckled looking at Ashton. She could tell that Ash really had a talent and clearly a passion for the piano. Possibly just as much as AJ had for her guitar.

@Tart

Quinton
Quinton could not handle this choir shit. He was currently crammed into a room that was two small for the other dozen sweaty tenors, and his claustrophobia was kicking in.
"I'll...uhh...I'll be right back." Quinton stammered, stumbling to the door. As soon as Quinton was out in the glorious, spacious choir room, he headed straight towards the teacher. L was sitting at his old, vertical piano reading the piece that everyone was supposed to be practicing and humming the various parts to himself. He glanced up as Quinton approached.

"What can I do for you, Quinton?"
"I got an emergency call from my dad," Quinton answered, thinking wildly. "He... Uh... Well, it's kind of awkward to explain..."
"No need---"
"But he's been having uncontrollable diarrhea for like a week---"
"No, seriously Quinton, it's fine. You---"
"And he just called and left me a voice mail. I guess he shit himself at work and ended up going to the hospital, they think it might be ass cancer."
Langenwalter's face was priceless. He had this pained look that was torn between repulsion and sympathy. The poor man was conflicted.
"That's... That's just terrible. Go, go."
"Thanks L, I appreciate it. I'll come in early and do the... uhhh... Vocal screening, right? I'll come in tomorrow."
"That's perfectly fine. Send my... um... condolences to your---"
"Will do, thanks bye." Quinton threw himself into the hallway as quickly as he could. He thought his ribs were going to shatter from trying to hold back his laughter. He sent a quick message to Nico, and headed straight for the parking lot.

@Tart

Ashton
Ashton looked down at her feet, the blush still very visible. "No one was supposed to know." She softly murmured, shifting from foot to foot. She had to bite her lip from crying, like she does in almost every sticky situation, and her throat was sore. She wouldn't tell anyone, would she? Ashton's head shot up and she moved closer to her, grabbing her by the shoulders and looking her straight in the eye. "Promise me you won't tell a soul. Promise me." Her voice was a bit shakey from holding back tears, and she didn't even know why she wanted to cry so bad. Perhaps it was because she just got done playing a touchy piece of music. That, or she really was just a crybaby like they said she was back in 8th grade and all those years before.
Nico
Nico got the text and smirked at his phone, glancing up at the teacher and then at Jake, who was busy gnawing on her bottom lip once again. Looks like it's story time. "Excuse me sir." He raised his voice over the hushed whispers of the other students working, getting the teacher's attention. "It seems we've got an issue with Jake here." The teacher rose an eyebrow, "And that would be?" Nico chuckled smugly, "Well, she's got terrible cramps and she can't stand to stay in class for more then a second. And if you think she's scary without mother nature dropping in, man, I'd like to see you deal with a pissy Jake with cramps and likely to PMS at any given second." Jake was staring at him, open mouthed, her face beet red. The teacher was also bright red, and let out a nervous cough before hurrying to write them an early dismissal from class. "Thanks!" Was all Nico said before dragging Jake by the arm and walking out of the class.
Jake
Jake could not BELIEVE her brother just said that. In front of the whole class. And it wasn't even true to begin with! When they reached the parking lot and saw Quinton near the car, she exploded. "I am NOT getting in a car with you nor that half a brain IDIOT! And why would you say something like that in front of everyone in that damn class?! I otta kick your ass you bonehead!" She was practically screaming, and her fists were clenched tightly at her sides. "I told ya she'd be pissed! Jake, are you PMSing?" at this Jake turned bright red. "You. Little. SHIT!" Jake sent him daggers with her glare. Standing there with her fists clenched, she huffed. "I'm not getting in that car." Jake crossed her arms over her chest and put her foot down like a kid. "Really now?" Nico rose an eyebrow. "Make me." Jake hissed back, glaring at her brother.

Quinton
Quinton was genuinely amused. Jakes face was beat red and she looked ready to burst. "Dude... What did you do??" He asked Nico, laughing now. "And Jake, I just told my teacher that my dad has ass cancer to be here with both of you. Either you get in the car willingly or I'll put you in the trunk. Either way, the three of us are getting crappy 99 cent burritos from Quickstop and it's going to be magical." He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against his little red Ford Fiesta. "I should warn you though," he added pointing his thumb towards the trunk, "it's even smaller than the back seat, so you won't be comfortable if we go that route." His mouth twitched into a smirk. She was too easy to mess with.

Nico
Nico eyed his sister and broke into a fit of laughter. "Ahh, your pouty face brings back memories. You were always the scaredy cat when we were smaller. Jakey the pouter!" Nico wrapped her into a big bear hug, holding her tightly as she squirmed. "Ohohoho, you know you can't escape these hugs! Oh, and I just told the teacher and the whole class that she had really bad cramps. You should have seen the teacher's face!" Nico beamed and ruffled his sister's hair before letting her go. "Come on Jakey, don't be a sour-pus and get in the car." Nico did the pouty lip and chuckled some.
Jake
Jake turned even redder--if that was possible--at the mention of the old nickname he had given her. "Don't ever call me 'Jakey'!" She grumbled before being pulled into the tight bear hug. "NICO!" When he eventually let go, she was still blushing and was very embarrassed. "I said, make me." Jake was always one to be stubborn, and this time she was laying it on thick due to the embarrassment and just all in all, typical Jake. "If anything, I'll be far more comfortable in the damn trunk because I won't have to look at you." She hissed, rolling her eyes and putting her foot down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.