Briarwood Academy: Grades Are The Least Of Your Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsena

He had been in physics, simply watching the interaction between Joseph and Chad. It was interesting how unphased Joseph looked when Chad could literally pummel him to the ground. They'd started their expirement. They were drawing up plans to drop an egg using any materials they could find in the school with two partners. Tsena had already signed up he, Chad and Chads friend and went to sit next to him.

He'd already drawn up a terribly drawn plan to just cover the entire egg in Duct Tape but in a way where they could get the egg back again. He'd spent about five minutes on it.

Nobody touched the ever so social Joseph. Usually he was the first to be making a spectacle over deciding who he'd pick for a partner. The only reason he wasn't popular was because he hung out with too many misfits.

He looked at the clock, the class would end in exactly five minutes.

Anna
Anna had spent the entire class shoved behind a few book shelves, hiding herself from anyone that wanted to make fun of her. There she could relax. Though in a few minutes it would be free period for a lot of people, and all that meant was more noise. She let out a soft sigh and tucked a dark blue strand behind her ear, continuing to write in her book.

Skye, purple
Dweebs? Dang this chick was judging fast. Well there went the party idea. Dang it, she hoped she hadn't mixed with the wrong crowd. While she had started out strong, nerves were starting to kick in causing a stammer in her speech which she didn't want Lindsay to see. "Well, Dweebs like us have a tendency of taking too much crap from jocks like you. I'm sick of it. Now back off, witch." she sneered. She didn't want anything to do with this crowd, she would much rather hang with the Whovians, the geeks and the nerds. She knew people like Lindsay, and they were all shallow and pathetic. Now, she had to prepare for tonight. How to sneak out under the nose of her guardians. She would go to the party, just to prove to Lindsay she wasn't one to be bullied. But she would sneak away and meet Joe. She smirked slightly, color coming to her cheeks at the thought of him.
She leaned against the doorway, smirking in Lindsay's direction, awaiting her reaction.

@CelestialCellar

Lindsay
Lindsay's smile faltered. "Oh, put on your big girl panties," she answered flatly. "If losers like you didn't make it so damn easy for people like me to get the upper hand, there wouldn't be a problem. Maybe then you would have so much... ah... crap to take." Lindsay flipped her hair over her shoulder, clicking her finger nails. "Either way, I'm glad to see that at least one of you has a back bone, otherwise it simply wouldn't be any fun. See you tonight, doll." She winked, and spun on here heal, her Louis Vuittons clicking on the tile floor as she went.

@Bitterblue

Jake
Jake took another bite of Twizzler and nodded, looking down at the combat boot he was messing with and chuckling. "Yeah, it's pretty strange alright. It's some people are scared, and some just brush it off--AKA Me--and yeah, I saw the threatening on your page. Pretty funny, really." Jake pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear, tapping her black painted nails on the bench table. Nico spoke up, "It's more then strange, ya know? Kinda freaky if you ask me, with all these people following the command of someone that's only on Twitter. I bet money it's a female. And we already know it's a senior. Freaky." Nico took another bite of burrito and chewed. Jake huffed, "Oh, I heard there's a party at," she mocked a preppy girl's voice "Princess Ashton's house tonight!" She stopped and chuckled at herself. Nico nodded "I heard about that! I'm dragging your ass there Jake, and don't even make me put a dress on you!" Jake rolled her eyes, taking another Twizzler.
Ashton
Ashton's phone notification sound went off louder then what she would have liked. She hoped no one heard it. She looked at the screen and tapped the message,

I wanted to make sure you were okay... But I can't exact;y find you. :( So I hope you're still going to Lindsay's party and maybe we can talk then? ;) You're really talented as far as... you know what and I wanna know why you don't wanna share that with anyone. But you can definitely share it with me any day xD.

Ashton couldn't help smile slightly, wiping away a left over tear on her cheek. She tapped away on the screen, sending in her reply:

I'm okay. Don't worry about it. I'll see you at the party tonight for sure. And...I'll spill the beans. See you then! XoXo <3

She put the phone back in her pocket and stood up, poking a head out of the door to make sure the coast was clear. Ashton silently closed the door behind her and made her way to the closest bathroom. She fixed her makeup as much as she could, and realized the red puffiness on her cheeks are a dead give away that she was crying. Great.

Quinton
"So... You were twitter-stalking me?" Quinton teased, flashing Jake a smile. "I bet Briar Bitch is one of those blond bimbos that we had the pleasure of entertaining with my backside this morning. And yeah, I think we should all go. It'll give us a chance to...uhh... assimilate into the charming Briarwood student body." He glanced down at the phone in his lap. "Hey, we're officially not skipping anymore. The bell for our free period should have gone off by now. What should we do next?" Quinton hopped off of the bench to stretch and crumpled the two empty burrito wrappers in his hand. He bent his knees, shooting the paper ball at the garbage can aaaaaand... he missed. "Damn," he mummbled, picking up the paper ball and tossing into empty bin. "Oh hey, some dude in homeroom told me that there's a pretty dope skate park up passed Safeway. I guess they put it in over the summer, so everything's still new."

Jake
Jake unintentionally blushed, looking away quickly. "I wasn't stalking your stupid account. You had tagged me in something...and I went to go see.." She quickly lied, mumbling it all. Nico pinched her cheek, "Awww, little miss red-face! And yeah, it's got to be one of them. They fit the spot perfectly!" Jake glared at her brother for the cheesey nickname and the pinching. He almost instantly let go. Nico had laughed a bit at the bringing up of a skatepark. "Jake would whoop both of our asses! She's better then me." Jake smirked and fiddled with the bottom of her shirt. "I am pretty good, if I do say so myself." She smiled a lop-sided grin and wrapped up the rest of her Twizzlers. "Let's go! And Nico, we both know you're not sitting shotgun, once again." She smirked and hopped off the bench, her combat boots scuffing against the concrete. "Come on, slowpokes!"

Quinton
Quinton threw himself into the drivers seat, plugging his iPod into the deck and hitting shuffle. Beartooth. He turned up the volume, and backed out of his parking spot. Safeway was just around the corner from Quickstop at the top of a relatively steep hill. The skate park, they found, was right on the other side. The song hadn't even finished playing when they pulled up.
"Hang on," he told Jake and Nico, backing into a spot and popping the trunk. "There! Now we can keep listening to the radio while we're here."
He climbed out of the car and grabbed his board from the trunk. The skate park wasn't huge, but it was enough. There were two bowls connected by a half pipe, a couple of stair sets complete with railing, and a few concrete blocks. "Perfect," Quinton smiled, looking back at Nico. "This is better than I expected, dude."

Jake
Jake hopped out of the car and stretched a bit, then chuckled at the tweets between her and Quinton. "Oh, I'll shut you up, you big doofus." She playfully shoved him, though it didn't affect much, and smirked. She was actually having a good time. Jake took a deep breath and looked around. "It's actually a perfect day to skate. Nice weather." Nico nodded in agreement, looking around the skate park. "It is pretty bad ass. And the music is like the cherry on top." He smirked and leaned against the car slightly, glancing at Jake. "Alright, well, me and Jake didn't bring our boards with us since we hadn't planned on skating in free period. So, ladies first?" He patted Quinton on the shoulder jokingly, chuckling. Jake laughed and leaned against the fence surrounding the skatepark. "I can already tell this is going to be interesting." She smirked, tying her hair into a quick high ponytail, her bangs falling carelessly around her face.

Quinton
Quinton shrugged and held out the skateboard for Jake. As soon as she grabbed it however, he gave the board a strong tug so she fell forward into him. He wrapped his arms around her, squeezing her as hard as he could.
"Like you'd ever hug me, right?" He teased. After a second, he let go allowing Jake to take the board. "Alright, Jake. Nico says you're good, lets see what you've got."Quinton sat on the rim of his open trunk, gesturing for Nico to join him.

Jake
Jake smirked and took hold of the board, but before she could actually take the board, she found herself almost tripping due to the sudden tug. She fell forward, and before she could even say anything or gasp, Quinton had his arms around her and squeezing her tightly. Her face was bright red in a matter of seconds, her arms at her sides uselessly. She looked at Nico, red faced and all, and Nico just smiled. When Quinton had let go, her heart was beating like crazy, and again she wondered why she hadn't flipped out over the physical contact, and the fact that it was a male as well. Jake took the board quickly and turned away to hide her steaming red face. "Just shut up and watch." She murmured, jogging a bit before hopping onto the board.
Nico
Nico had watched Quinton pull her in, and again tensed, then untensed. She wasn't freaking out. Good. Instead he just gave his sister a reassuring smile and watched her blush heavily, running off to skate. Nico sat beside Quinton on the open trunk, watching his sister do ollies and grinding on the bars, rolling down hills at lightning speed. She always seemed so content when skateboarding. "She's pretty good, isn't she?" Nico chuckled, looking at Quinton. "Ya know...I think you're the first guy she hasn't freaked out over physical contact--besides me, of course--so...take that as a good sign. Oh, and don't tell her I said that. She'd murder both of us." He smiled, looking back at his sister.

Quinton
Quinton raised his eyebrows. She was good. "Yeah, I'm actually kind of impressed. Most of the girls at my last school who said they could skate sort of sucked." He laughed, watching Jake zoom around the bowl and listening to Nico talk.
"Really?" Quinton asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Why
?"

((Sorry for the short post --- I've got to go to work. I'll be back in a few hours!))

Nico
Nico shrugged. "I dunno. That's a question you're going to have to ask her yourself. I may be her twin, but that doesn't mean she'll tell me everything about her. Sure, she tells me a lot, and I'm most likely the person she trusts the most, but Jake has always been secretive and stubborn." Nico chuckled, "She's definitely one to put her heart on her sleeve for others, though she always denies it. She claims she hates everyone, when really, she just wants everyone to be okay." Nico looked at Quinton. "I know you've only just met her today, but she's already beginning to trust you. Maybe it's not much, but it's still something considering it's Jake we're talking about. I'm sure you'll begin to see these things the longer you two continue to talk." Nico looked back at his sister who was heading back over, panting slightly as a big goofy smile split across her face. "Those hills are so slick and ah-maz-ing!" She laughed, taking down her ponytail and letting her hair fall carelessly onto her shoulders. Nico grabbed the board and chuckled. "Seems like I'll have some fun with them then. I'll finish up in a few." He winked knowingly at Quinton and rolled off, doing some flips.

(( Don't worry about it! And I just decided to reveal some things about Jake. Yay! Seeya then! @CelestialCellar ))

Tsena

The bell rang, but the teacher was one of those 'the bell does not dismiss you I do' people. So they hung behind an extra minute for the teacher to stamp their rough drafts. It smelled like bananas this time. The teachers had learned over time that students were more motivated to do things when being offered a smelly stamp.

Tsena grabbed his things, leaving the room and heading towards the library without looking where he was going. Instead he was focused on trying to cap a pen with one hand. His other was occupied. His head was filled with him reminding himself his library duties for the day. Shelving books was one.
@Bitterblue

((HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!))

Quinton
Quinton gave Jake the double thumbs up as she approached. "You're really good," he told her as she joined him at the car. "Like, I'm actually really impressed. What other talents have you been hiding?" He nudged her knee with his knee, teasing. He was considering the things that Nico told him. He really wanted to know about the enigma that was Jake --- he just didn't understand why someone would want to hideQuinton all of their best qualities from the world. Silence stretched between them as they watched Nico skate. Quinton chased one idea after another inside of his skull, unsure of whether or not he should even try to approach Jake about it.
"Hey," Quinton said, finally. "I just want you to know," he faced Jake, staring directly into her eyes, "that if you ever...like...want or need to talk about anything, I'm your guy."
Quinton didn't understand why or how, but he felt this sort of inherent connection to both Jake and Nico. Out of all of the schools he'd ever attended, he'd never really met anyone who made him feel like that. It was like he needed to know her, like they were teetering on the edge of something incredible.

@Tart

Jake
She smiled at Quinton, nodding her head in thanks and running a hand through her wind blown hair. Jake took a seat beside Quinton on the opened trunk, laughed at the knee nudge, and continued watching her brother roll around and do some board flips. While she was skating she had noticed Nico talking--no, telling--Quinton something. It looked important, because his face had seemed serious yet knowing of something. What had Nico told Quinton? Jake frowned slightly at her hands in her lap, her hands fidgeting with each other. "Hey," Jake rose an eyebrow and turned towards him, and got caught off-guard with the sudden eye contact. She felt her body tense as her eyes glanced away quickly from his. Eye contact was still terrifying. She eventually found herself only glancing at his eyes, making momentary eye contact for brief seconds as he spoke.

"that if you ever...like...want or need to talk about anything, I'm your guy."

That was...different. Not many people in her life had ever said that. No...no one had ever offered besides Nico, though he didn't offer, she just knew he was there for her. Jake felt her heart give a throb, and she somehow found the sudden courage to look him straight in the eye, her light grey eyes holding a sort of door to her emotions. That was why she always hated eye contact. It made her feel vulnerable. Jake was speechless. "Yeah...yeah, okay..um..thanks.." She said softly, breaking the eye contact since she couldn't hold it any longer. She glanced at her hands. "You know....you're the second person, in my life that I've ever remotely kind of trusted. That's...different for me."
@CelestialCellar (( This turned out longer then I thought. Woops hahaha! ))

Quinton
Quinton nudged her with his elbow. "I can tell," he replied knowingly, "but that's okay. You don't have to warm up all at once. I just wanted to put it out there." Quinton leaned back, falling part way into the trunk. He liked sitting like this, with his back against the giant speaker. This way, he could feel the music reverberate in his chest and he loved it.
"My mom died last year," Quinton said, thinking out loud. "It really sucked. Like really sucked. It makes you think about your own mortality and stuff. And my dad just sort of... lost it, I guess." Quinton didn't know why he felt like talking about it right now, usually he avoided the subject completely, but part of him felt like he owed her a little bit of himself. If Jake was going to open up, he would too. Even if it was just a little bit. "That's why we've been moving so much. He just can't seem to get his life back together without her."

Jake
Jake nodded, watching him fall back into the trunk and rest against the speaker. She felt the familiar pang, the ache, in her heart as he told of his mother, and his father difficulties with the loss. She thought back to her own mom and dad, and how long it took her to get a bit past it, though she was still a bit phased with it. "I can relate in some ways.." Jake started, looking up at him. "I lost both my mom and dad, so I know the difficulty." She offered him a sort of half smile, fiddling with her hands in her lap. "It was really hard. You just feel so alone at times, ya know?" Jake leaned back, but instead leaned all the way back and laid on the trunk's floor. She stared up at the car's little roof, thinking. "I hope your dad doesn't decide to move again." She said softly, turning her head slightly to look at him.

Anna
Anna could hear the distant ring of the bell as she wrote, not bothering to cover her head again. She was to far deep into her song writing, even going as far to hum a few lyrics. Soon there would be more people in here, the thought of which, she didn't like, but no one went into this corner of the library, it was the historical section. It was full of dusty books that no one really had an interest in, specifically books on boring things like the history of yarn and the history of mixed tapes. She smiled and nestled further into her warm little corner, finding it especially warming after having spent around 50 minutes sitting in one spot. She was happy where she was, and she didn't plan on moving. Maybe she could just stay here all day, relax, never have to face anyone again.​

Quinton
"That's awful," Quinton replied softly. It was hard enough losing his mom. Losing his dad too? That would be unbearable. He slipped further into the trunk, laying next to Jake. He was close enough that he could feel the heat coming from her body, but they weren't touching. "How old were you when your parents passed away?"

Status
Not open for further replies.