Blood and Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xora bolted up as the horn blared. "JESUS CHRIST!" She yelled, knocking a few things down as she flailed around. Her head pounded and her stomach churned. She felt like shit. She was still a bit fuzzy, but she remembered basically all of last night. The only thing she didn't remember was why in the hell she drank so much. "I swear to god, Riggs..." She mumbled under her breath as she looked around her car to make sure everything was there. 'Bat...Check. Revolver...' she thought as she dug around in the floorboard before grabbing the gun and putting it in her boot, which was half on. 'Check... Shot gun... Oh, check yeah!' She turned to fiddle around in the back seat, grabbing a rucksack and strapping it to her back. She checked the motor of her car and revved the engine, making powerful noise. "Hey kid!" She screamed in the direction of Asher's vehicle. "Time to get up." She poked her head out of the hole where her window would be, seeing Sledge and Gigi in their car, realizing it was their horn. She flipped them the bird and slumped back down in her seat, grumbling to herself frustratedly.

During the night she had restless dreams. Her mind wandered to dark places, most likely due to the danger they were to face in the morning. All she saw was villages burning and Boss Rage's face plastered everywhere. She tried to help, but she couldn't do a thing. The only place Boss Rage could really get to her was her dreams. It has always been like that. But now this was real, and for once it almost scared her.

SharpEyes' eyes shot up, her hand immediately grabbing her Kalashnikov and pulling the hammer back. She growled when she heard the brats voice and put the weapon back sat up. She yawned and took her whiskey, taking a few gulps. Enjoying the burn as it settled in her stomach. She grinned as she put her helmet on and looked down at the pristine novel in her hands. The title read. Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? She smiled and set the book down. She had a couple books, some torn but that wasn't a problem. People still paid huge amounts of money for them.

She sighed and reached into the backseat. Bringing a giant beat box from the 80's. She grinned as she grabbed a casset she found up north in some dumb fallout shelter and put it in. She hit play and Carol by The Rolling Stones began blaring from her truck. She laughed and enjoyed it. She didn't really plan on leaving the truck just yet. She listened to the music and the mans voice. She read the label on the back of a giant black disc when she was in the shelter. It said it was their "Hottest Hits! #1 On The Charts!" She had no idea what a hot hit was, or a Chart. But she had this beauty and a couple extra batteries. She grinned like a loon as she knew they all heard her. "FUCK YOU RIGGS!"

old-type-personal-use.regular.png

Asher awoke to what sounded like a giant cannon and then shitty music. "WHHHYYY," He screamed out and manage to temporarily deafen himself because of his small space. More like why did I do that. Asher pushed off his coat as the sun already started to cook him. As he slowly got back his hearing, another engine roared to life, making Asher jump in his seat and displacing everything he already set up. This time he unhooked the window and let it fall into his cabin. "Your not helping." Asher remarked, flipping Xora back off. He noticed one of his clips was empty and started to load one of them as then music started blasting from one of the other cars. He frustratingly pushed in the last bullet in and then threw it towards the truck, then pulling himself out of the window, "WOULD IT KILL YOU GUYS TO BE QUIET FOR LIKE TEN SECONDS." Pulling himself back in, Asher put his pistol within its holster and pulled back the bolt on his pipe gun before unlatching the other window and leaning out of that one. "So considering everyone is now willfully awake. Any last second planning?"

Riggs and Sledge chuckled as Gigi giggled and waved to everyone. Walking to the center of the group of vehicles, Riggs began drawing out a rough map with his foot in the sand. "Just so you guys remember, we are doing an ambush. We will wait for the raiding party to exit the valley, then take them by surprise." Riggs pointed to his map where a large arrow had been drawn pointing out of two lines that signified the valley. "We will attack from two sides so as to cut off any escape. Sledge and I will be on one side and you three will be on the other. Remember, we have to wait for them to all leave the valley before we attack. If we attack too early they will turn around and use the narrow valley to escape. Got it?" Riggs erased the map with his foot and nodded to Sledge. Going to his bike, Riggs prepared his gear for the attack. He pulled out a belt of grenades and slung it from his shoulder to his waist, then he put his machine pistol and grenade launcher in their holsters on the bike's handlebars. Slipping his machete into its slot on the side of the bike, Riggs gave a thumbs up to the rest of them as his bike growled to life. Sledge and Gigi got back into their big rig and Sledge started the engine with a low rumble. Riggs nodded and revved the bike twice before peeling out in a spray of sand. Sledge's big rig shifted into gear and slowly built up speed as it followed Riggs bike towards the distant mountain range.

As xora started her car there was a loud bang and a cloud of smoke erupted fron the hood of her car. Riggs turned around and returned to the meeting spot and got off his bike. "Well that didnt sound good." Xora got out of her car and lifted the hood. "Fuck! The engine just cracked!" Riggs sighed and shrugged apologetically. "Sorry xora, looks like you are gonna be stuck here for awhile. Trade caravans occassionally come through here to get a drink at the bar so you should only have to wait a few days." Xora continued to curse under her breath as she slammed the car hood down and stalked away to the bar. Riggs turned to the rest of the group and sighed. "How about everyone double checks their gear and cars so we dont have this kinda thing happen in the middle of a fight."

Wz1enn1.png
It had been a sleepless night. Sawyer had been too excited for her own good and Husk too busy thinking up a business plan. The idea was simply too good to be true. A ragtag gang of nobodies trying to take down Boss Rage? Impossible... Perhaps. If they failed to pull it off, the gang would be deader than dead. If they did pull it off though... Husk couldn't help but smile and rub his hands together. Sawyer already had it in her head that they would assist the gang however they could, but Husk wasn't sold. Without risk, there would be no reward. The higher the risk, the higher the reward. But he just wasn't sure. After several hours of back and forth mixed with alcohol, Husk and Sawyer decided to call it a night and make up their minds in the morning.

Of course morning came too soon. Sawyer squealed at the sound of a truck horn blaring through the bar. Husk had to grab her by the arm to keep her from falling from the bed. "That fucker..." the man growled under his breath. He cleared his throat and stood. "Come on, get dressed. We might as well see what kind of mess their little attack will make."

"I dunno, Husk. I couldn't sleep at all... I don't feel so good about this. What if we get caught by Boss Rage and are considered accomplices... or somethin'."

"You're worryin' too much. Just chill and let me handle this. Have I ever steered you wrong?" She glared at him. "Besides that time. I thought we said we'd forget about that. We had a deal. Just trust me, okay?" And that was the end of that.

Soon they were outside, overlooking a smoking engine and the ragtag gang. Husk ran a hand through his hair and cleared his throat, walking up to the man he heard called was called Riggs. With a toothy smile and a hand extended with the intent to be shaken, he introduced himself. "How y'all doin'? Name's Husk and this is my little sis, Sawyer." He threw back his head to indicate her as she gave a small wave and a smile. "Heard y'all talkin' last night and I was thinkin' y'all could use a little help. Whatcha say?"

Reactions: Phi Chisym
Riggs squinted at husk and hesitantly shook his hand. "Well you may be right. One of our crew just dropped out due to engine problems. Though you need to tell me what you can bring to the table. We have a sniper and a medic." He turned to look atboth Sharpeyes and Asher. "Either of you have any problems with them joining?"

One week(ish) earlier

Carys put her foot on the dead man's bicep before pulling on the handle of her axe with all her strength. Slowly the blade began to cut through the flesh and a fresh stream of crimson blood flowed into the pools that were draining into the dirt. When she felt the blade bite into the bone she stopped and lifted the mans arm up before running the axe round the arm, fully exposing the bone. After a couple of hard swings there was a splintering sound and on the next hit the arm came away in Carys's hand. After checking that the tattoos that she wanted were still intact she thew the arm into a sack

She was about to start on the other dead man when an aching muscle made her pause. Did she really need another arms worth of tattoos to prove her point. After a moments hesitation she decided to err on the side of caution and set to work. She had been following these two since they had rolled into little farming community a couple of days ago and it was only due to bad luck she hadn't killed them the night before. Now on reflection maybe it had been good luck because otherwise she wouldn't have heard the barkeeper telling them that someone was rumored to be putting a gang together to take down Boss Rage. Anyone openly recruiting for such a group was either brave or insane. If they didn't want a bullet in the back surely they would be looking for some kind of testament of an applicants commitment and the marked arms of two of rage's men seemed as good a statement of intent as any to Carys.

After the second arm had been hacked loose and thrown in the sack Carys took some time to rummage through the men's makeshift camp and vehicle. Her search didn't turn up much but the handful of bullets and half jerry can of fuel were a welcome bonus. With her loot collect up she began the long trudge back to her own buggy contemplating on her chances of tracking this rumor down, the bar keeper was the obvious place to start but after that this could take her anywhere.

The Present

Stones pinged out from underneath Cary's tires as she sped along a dirt track, pushing her buggy to go as fast as she dared. She had spent the last week or so bouncing around the wasteland chasing down "friend of a friend" and "oh that trader" type people. Eventually she had pieced together where she had needed to go but it had only been last night that she had become sure of it and found out when the meeting date had been. She had been running for her vehicle before the man she had been talking to had even finished speaking the words. Since then she had been driving at the edge of her nerves almost constantly, only stopping for a half hour nap when she had found herself unable to stop her eyes closing. As she rounded a pillar the she was rewarded with the sight of the building she had been looking for and finding extra reserves of courage she pushed her foot all the way to the floor.

Careering to a stop in a cloud of dust just short of the cluster of vehicles that thronged the entrance of the bar Carys grabbed the now fetid sack as well as her pistol before jumping out of her buggy. It was only now that she realized that she had no idea how identify this Riggs that she had been told was the person to speak to. Carys could see that there wasn't time to waste, already she could see one or two vehicles beginning to pull away from the bar, she needed to find out if this man was here quickly. She had an idea of how to do this but even in her desperation she knew it was a bit risky, however no other idea were presenting themselves and so Carys decided to go for it. Climbing onto her bonnet, she fired two shots into the dirt. Waiting just long enough for the ringing to fade away she filled her lungs before letting rip.

"RIIIIIGGGGGSSS!!"

Last edited:
SharpEyes had exited her truck and turned off the music. Her Kalashikniov held at rest as she approached Rigs and the two new people. She shrugged for her answer. Indifferent as to whether they join their 'Holy Crusade'. "Just don't get in my line of sight... rather blow their heads off, not yours..." She said through her helmet. Her goggles around her neck. Her bright red war paint showing. Giving her a brutal look. Those two didn't looked like much, but she wasn't going to judge. She'd seen what happens when you underestimate someone in the wastes.

She was readjusting her axes when two rounds went off. Her body snapped into action as she dropped to her knees and lifted her rifle, finding the source to be a woman on top of a jeep. She aimed for her head, but didn't shoot. Her breathing stilled as her body calmed, ready for a potential shoot out.

Harper Westla

Last Night

What in the hell did I get myself into, she thought. Escaped from one slave master to fall into the hands of another; was that all she was good for around here? It was typical - Harper was use to it, but freedom wasn't supposed to be like this. She saw it as something different, something more independent and powerful. But, she should have known better... she was what Domino made her. Regardless of all the hard work she's endured through Cain's 10 Step Alteration Process, Domino's mark will always stay upon her. That's the only way she'll survive this waste of an existence.

Karlose, another rotten mistake she'd made while crossing The Flat, was about fed up with her loud mouth; had enough of her bitching and complaining about him clearing up his dues with her so they can part their ways. After eight weeks working with her, he'd come to the striking conclusion that she was crazy as fuck, but even crazier in bed. He liked that enough to stay around. And knowing who she 'use to be' gave him enough power to exploit to gain a big name for himself without lifting a finger. He could tell she was not taking it anymore, which was very bad for business for him.

Sitting at the bar last night gave Harper a new outlook on life, a new reason to keep her promises, and a means of stepping away from Karlose for good, but he wasn't going to give her up so easily.

New Morning

"LLEETT ME GOOO, YOU STUPID FUCKER!"

Before Harper was able to reach the hot sand outside the bar's threshold, Karlose had filled his large hand with her wild hair, lifting her painfully off her feet. Screaming and kicking, Harper grabbed his thick wrist with both hands to try to pull herself up, attempting to loosen the stinging pull from her roots.

"I told you! You're stayin' WITH ME! I need your ass to get me back in! Domino may be dead, but you're the only key left to his shit and that's what they want. Besides, they'll be lookin' for me after all that crap I told them! You're my shield, bitch! Now, GETYER ASS - BACK - INSIDE!"

He threw her down in the sand and began dragging her behind him like some prehistoric cave man with his selective cave woman. Still holding onto his wrist, growling as she tried to pry his hand from her hair, Harper flipped herself around and hooked her boots around his legs, tripping him forward and feeling his hand slip from her locks.

Karlose didn't faceplant like she wanted. Instead, he stumbled inside, turned and jumped towards her as she tried to crawl away. Flipping her over with enough fury and madness overtaking, he grabbled with her until his knee was strategically placed on her neck, cutting her air flow well enough while the gut punches he was drilling into her took care of the rest.

Done with this?

Eyes landed on the bowie knife in Karlose's boot. Without another thought, as if the sands around her liquefied into a sea of cool comings, her hand slipped from beneath her and snagged the knife. Before Karlose realized the sensation of his absent knife, he registered the overwhelming scorch of its blade slicing through his lower thigh.

Screaming, he made a bad move - slightly lifting his knee off of her neck as he glanced towards his injury. Not quite learning to ignore pain when in battle, so - of course Harper took the opportunity. With her body, she used his sudden relaxation and slight misalignment to throw the man off balance, tossing him over her with ease. Using that momentum, she flipped over him, literally turning the tables on him. Karlose's eyes widened fearfully before returning angrily at her - unfortunately, that was short lived. Silently, she cut her ties off with him for good, stabbing him in the throat repeatedly with a pent-up rage held for far too long. Angry at herself and everything else, she just ended her one opportunity to enter Boss Rage's compound scot free. Karlose needed to prove himself to his old boss in order to return... She was his ticket in, and vise versa.

Harper sat there for a few minutes to catch her breath, whipping her bloody hand across her forehead to flip her long bangs back. Eyes darted around to make sure no one else was coming after her. Not a lot of Wastelanders get themselves involved in someone else's battles, especially when it was much more entertaining to just watch. Many watched from the windows of the bar and a few stepped out to assist only to decided not to. They all went inside, except for the few who wanted to pick the body clean.

Crawling to her knees, Harper unties some leather straps off his chest and then rolls the body over. An old sawed off shotgun in a leather holster sat in the sand. Lifting it gingerly, shaking the sand from it, she stood up and returned it to her back. Grabbing the bags of bullets and coins from his side is when a loud round of shots caught everyone's attention and someone shouted the name she heard last night. The small group of travelers she'd eavesdropped on last night was preparing to leave. There were a few of them just standing around that one guy she believes to be that Riggs character.

"Ya gonna make me miss them, you ass! BLARGH!"

Kicking the dead mistake in the face with her steel toe, she ran towards her car and hopped inside. A few donuts in the sand, she soon reached the group with a large dust ball following behind. Stepping out dressed in her morning's kill, she leaned against her car to wait her turn to introduce herself. It was quite clear to her, according to what she heard the night before, that she had truly stumbled onto her new ticket.

green Location: Ship Bar in The Flats
Mention: Riggs
Dialect with: Karlose

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shambles
When Riggs asked for Asher's opinion, Asher just shrugged. "We are gonna need all the help we can get." When the shots rang out both asher and riggs quickly drew their weapons and pointed at the figure. When the figure shouted Rigg's name, Riggs slowly put his gun down. "Keep an eye on her while i go find out what she wants." Still holding his pistol at his side, Riggs began to walk towards the woman. He then noticed another woman approach the group and motioned for Asher to talk to her. Meanwhile, sledge had pulled out his giant machine gun while gigi sat in the harpoon turret on the truck. Riggs stopped about 10 feet away from Carys, "so what do you want? You have a lot of guns pointed at you so dont try anything." Asher walked over to Harper and smiled. "hi there, you looking to join our band of troublemakers?"

Wz1enn1.png
Husk gave a small chuckle and took a backward glance at Sawyer. This man and his ragtag group of people were planning on taking on Boss Rage and he wanted to know what the siblings could offer! Husk ran a hand through his hair, his smiling brightening up the shadows of his face. "Well, if I am to be completely honest - and believe me, I am to a fault - your gang and you don't really look like you have the-" A shot rang out, causing Husk to grind his teeth. Unconsciously his lip curled into a snarl though it quickly faded. He hated being interrupted in a transaction. The man turned to the commotion as the man called Riggs turned away and upon seeing that it was a woman, Husk turned back to his sister and rolled his eyes.

"This might have been a bad idea," Sawyer whispered through her teeth, though there was no need. The imbeciles were too distracted to listen to their conversation, Husk was sure. "You really think we can work with these people? I mean... look at the leader. He acts all tough, but that's just it. An act. Man probably just wants to die and carry on a bunch of other idiots with him."

Clasping her shoulder, Husk shook his head. "This man is our ticket to bigger and better things, Sis." His voice remained low just in case. "Sure, he might die and this...group with him, but that doesn't mean we will. Great risk equals great reward. Isn't that how we've always gone about this?" He watched as Sawyer sucked on her teeth before nodding. He pat her cheek roughly with the palm of his hand. "There, there. Don't be getting all anxious on me."

He turned back to see another newcomer drive up and get out of their vehicle. Across the woman's forehead was a large smear that could only have been blood. Husk raised his eyebrows and took another glance at Sawyer who rolled her eyes. "Men," he heard her mutter as he walked toward the woman, causing him to smirk. "Well, hello." The man began, cocking his head to the side and running a hand through his hair. "You actually look like you might have some wits about you compared to some people around here. Name's Husk."

olive *Totally not stealing this idea from Phi. xD
Please let me know if text color is hard on the eyes.
Mentions: Carys (@Applo)
Interactions: Riggs (@Dunruffle); Harper (@Phi Chisym)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Harper Westla

Machine guns and harpoons. They've set themselves up nicely.

Harper watched as the small band prepped themselves for her and the louder Newcomer who moved closer to their caravan. She understood and respected that, keeping her distance and her arms folded before her as she watched the few members move about.

The Riggs guy headed towards the trigger-happy woman while a militare looking boy scout started towards her. She met him halfway, dropping her hands to her sides with palms up and shining a happy-go-lucky grin across her face. She hoped she didn't look maddening with her recently added makeup..

"Hi there, you looking to join our band of troublemakers?"

Trying not to burst from the seams from the man's 'Hi there' welcome, Harper nodded, hands settling on her hips, "Sure am. As long as you don't have a limit to the troublemaking, that is. I have a lot to achieve and no patience for limitations. Since we all have the same end goal in mind, figured we can all succeed together."

Just then, another guy stepped up with one of those grins drizzled with far too much sweets. She's seen that look before, but she's trained herself to avoid judging through first impressions alone.

"Well, hello." The man began, cocking his head to the side and running a hand through his hair as if that could tame what the desert winds mangled up. "You actually look like you might have some wits about you compared to some people around here. Name's Husk."

"Harper...the one drenched with wits." Slipping a dingy handkerchief from the inside of her arm cuff, she wiped the blood off her forehead, hoping to resemble Husk's remark the best way she can. "So, what do I need to do to get into this frat of yours? I've already given a blood sacrifice." Her head tilted behind her to the bar scene where her late mistake was being consumed by the human vultures from the bar.

Mention: Riggs
Interaction: Asher, Husk

Last edited:
  • Love
There was a long silence whilst Carys bit back the sarcastic reply that came to mind, the man had a point. Looking around at the array of unnervingly steady guns pointed at her, she reached the conclusion that she would be become a viable deposit of lead long before she had time to reach the scant cover her vehicle offered, let alone shoot back.

"You Riggs?" When the man nodded Carys felt a wave of relief crash over her. Slowly and deliberately so that all her would be shooters could see, she threw her pistol back over her head so that it landed somewhere behind the buggy after which she turned slowly on the spot whilst keeping her arms held out from her sides. By the time she was facing Riggs again the atmosphere had changed for the better. Plenty of guns were still pointed at her, but the air of menace had gone and confident she was no longer in immediate danger of being shot Carys turned back to Riggs.

"Sorry for the entrance, I needed to know if you were still here or not. Anyway I heard that you're putting together a bunch of thugs, murderers and other lovely people to take a run at the big man himself. I've been doing this shit for years by myself and havn't made enough of an impact to even get so much as a whisper going. Maybe this little suicide pact of of yours won't make a difference but we'll probbably be able to kill more of Rage's men before we die than I could by myself so I want in" she said before kicking the rotting sack off the bonnet towards Riggs. "Call those two my references."

• Love
@Phi Chisym @Lannister
Asher shrugged, "well I guess as long as you dont mind the fact its a suicide mission pretty much anyone can join. Welcome to the team. My name is Asher, I am the medic of the group." He features to sharpeyes who had put away her rifle and was leaning against her car. "That there is sharpeyes m, our sniper. The big man and little girl are sledge and his daughter gigi. They are the heavies." Sledge simply grunted as gigi happily waved to harper. Asher then pointed to Riggs. "Thats Riggs, the leader of the group. He is a tracker and planner. Already had his throat slit by boss rage so he figured it wasnt a good enough death sentance. Anyways, welcome to the team." Asher held out his hand to shake as sharpeyes huffed. "How much longer are we going to stand around talking? That raiding party is gonna be here soon."

@Applo
Riggs bent down and opened the sack, inspecting its contents. "Well I guess you dont have any trouble with blood and guts." Standing back up, he holstered his pistol. "So why do you want to join us? Fame, fortune, or something else? Also, what skills can you bring to the table. Just because you can drive fast and shoot straight doesnt mean shit around here."

Wz1enn1.png

The left corner of Husk's mouth drew tight in a grin. This girl was something else, that was for sure. She was dangerous and had a death wish and well, to put it simply, he liked her. The fellow to his right, though... he seemed nice enough. It wasn't often that Husk was unable to get a good read on people, but so far nothing stood out about the boy who called himself 'Asher'. The man let out a drawn out sigh and turned toward his sister, beckoning her toward the small group with a flick of his head. Introductions were in order even if this ragtag suicide squad was going to last only a few hours longer. "Name's Husk," he said briefly before putting an arm around his sister's shoulders. "And this here is Sawyer. Needless to say, we're siblings not lovers. So, get your head out of the clouds with that."

Sawyer's cheeks began to redden at the prospect and she sucked on her teeth. The urge to elbow her brother in the ribs was terribly strong temptation, but she stepped on his foot instead, the heel of her boot digging into his own. Husk handled it well, wincing slightly as the pain radiated from the top of his foot through his leg. He would get her back for that later. For now though, it was all about getting chummy with the group which as time went on only became more suspicious to passersby. Boss Rage wasn't a patient man or a fairly predictable one, either. If this Riggs character wanted to get things done, he had better put the pedal to the metal, so to speak. Husk grinned. Sometimes his inner monologue was the highlight of his day.​

• Love
((Just for clarity within the conversations happening with Harper, I'm posting a bit of a summary within my response. It'll help me out and anyone else to keep up with exactly how this threesome convo is going.))

Harper Westla

"Hi there, you looking to join our band of troublemakers?"

"Sure am. As long as you don't have a limit to the troublemaking, that is. I have a lot to achieve and no patience for limitations. Since we all have the same end goal in mind, figured we can all succeed together."

"Well, hello. You actually look like you might have some wits about you compared to some people around here. Name's Husk."

"Harper...the one drenched with wits." Turning back to the boy scout, she smirked, "So, what do I need to do to get into this frat of yours? I've already given a blood sacrifice." Her head tilted behind her to the bar scene where her late mistake was being consumed by the human vultures from the bar.

He responded, "Well, I guess as long as you don't mind the fact it's a suicide mission pretty much anyone can join. Welcome to the team. My name is Asher, I am the medic of the group." He features moved towards a person dressed in full riot gear leaning against their car. "That there is Sharpeyes, our sniper. The big man and little girl are Sledge and his daughter Gigi. They are the heavies."

Sledge simply grunted as Gigi happily waved. Harper's eyes grew wide, "They're the Heavies? Gotta be worth it if Littlebit over there gained that title. Impressed indeed."

Husk called another young woman over to him to continue the introductions. Apparently, they haven't met Asher last night based on what she could tell. He draped his arm over the girl's shoulders, "And this here is Sawyer. Needless to say, we're siblings not lovers. So, get your head out of the clouds with that."

Harper shook her head in disbelief that the man actually announced that - to his sister's embarrassment. She could clearly see the blood rush to her face, and watched her gain simple revenge with a boot heel in the foot. "Nice to meet you, Sawyer," she nodded, wishing that the pleasantries would move along. She wasn't much into being sweet to 'non-paying guest', but that was her old teachings she's still trying to cut out of her skin. Old ways are hard to kill.

Again, these people must have something going for them if they're still living the Wasteland life, her inner muse noted. They might just do the trick.

Asher then pointed towards the other conversation happening a few steps away. "That's Riggs, the leader of the group. He is a tracker and planner. Already had his throat slit by boss rage so he figured it wasn't a good enough death sentence. Anyways, welcome to the team."

Asher held out his hand to shake, but Harper didn't respond. "Sorry, handshakes are for suckers. Your actions proved your welcome as being genuine. That's all I need. Thanks."

Sharpeyes huffed, "How much longer are we going to stand around talking? That raiding party is gonna be here soon."

"Raiding party? You guys tracked down one of his teams or something? Already?" Harper's eyes widened towards Sharpeyes in total shock. She knew that tracking any head raiding party of The Boss was far too difficult to accomplish, unless you had someone on the inside or super magical powers to stop time, throw others perceptions, or hide in the sand. "And they haven't figured out that you guys are around? Even with all the rumors floating around about the infamous Riggs and his glory plan?" Again, shaking her head as if this particular tall tale was the bomb that blew her mind. Hands on her hips once more, she hissed, "If that's the case, then I'm putting my vote in with Shapeyes - it's time for us to get to steppin'."

Mention: Riggs, Sledge & Gigi.
Interaction: Asher, Husk & Sawyer, Sharpeyes

Last edited:
As she stared at Riggs, Carys felt her mind run smack into a dead end. She had been banking on the arms of two of Boss Rages's men being her ticket into the group. Sitting down on the buggy's bonnet she racked her mind, desperately trying to come up with a reason why Riggs should let her tag along. Sure she was a dab hand with a wrench and a gun, but no more so than anyone else who could survive more than five minuets in the wastes. She had a pretty good range of contacts scattered around the waste from back when she was with the caravan but the more she thought about it she wasn't sure how many of them were still alive let alone useful enough to stake anything on.

Aware of Riggs's eye on her and the heavy silence that had fallen over the pair Carys decided to stall for time by answering the question she knew the answer to in her heart.

"You want to know why I want in on killing Rage. I want him dead becuase he is everything thats wrong with all this" she said gesturing to the landscape surronding them. "I'm tired of finding settlements I once knew burned to the ground and families destoryed. I'm sick of men like Rage doing what they want becuase no one will stop them. I want Rage dead becuase it what the bastard deserves. Im' not here for fame or fortune.........." As her voice tailed off something in Carys mind clicked and suddenly she saw what she could sell as her contribution to the team.

"And that is exactly what I'm bringing to this. How many of the people you've assembled can you really trust. How long do you think they'll have your back if Rage offers them more than they could ever hope for with you. How many do you think will lose their nerve after one close call. I've been fighting this fight by myself for the last couple of years, I'm already all in. If your smart you'll want me coming along becuase you'll know that I'll be at your back till either I'm dead or Rage is."

After a moments silence and before Riggs had a chance to speak Carys added "I'm also pretty handy with a spanner if it helps"

@Applo @Phi Chisym @Lannister

Riggs looked Carys up and down and shrugged. "Well I guess you can join us. But dont say I didnt warn you." He gestured for Carys to follow him as he returned to the group of cars. Riggs then have a sharp whistle to get everyone's attention. "Alright guys, here is the plan. The raiding party will be coming through the valley from the northern wastes. We are going to hit them when they leave the valley. We are going to wait on either side of the exit, then hit them from both sides. Now timing is crucial, hit them too early and they can escape using the valley. Wait too long and they will be able to spread out and use the dunes to their advantage. So do not move until you get my signal, got it? Alright let's move out!"

Riggs walked away and hopped on his bike. Turning it on, he revved the engine the sped off in a spray of sand, and motioned for everyone to follow. Asher smiled and nooded to the twins and harper. "Well looks like we are off. Let's hope I dont have to patch any of you up!" He then waved to Carys as he hopped into his tall buggy and followed Riggs. Sharpeyes simply rolled her eyes, put her helmet back on, and chased after Asher. Sledge simply growled as Gigi cackled happily and banged on the roof as Sledge got in, cranked the engine, and rumbled after the group.

• Love
As Carys watched the man she'd spent the better part of two weeks tracking down leave after such an apathetic answer she felt odd. She had been prepared for a fight to get in. Riggs asking her what she had in her apart from a proven willingness to kill Rage's men had been a surprise, but not as surprising as his seeming disintrest. After a moment to gather her thoughts she picked up the sack and toyed with what to do with it. She discarded the idea of attaching the arms to the buggy, advertising her kills would just bring her trouble and instead settled with hurling the bag as far into the waste as she could, before grubbing around in the dust to retrieve her pistol.

When she sat down behind the wheel of the buggy a wave of exhaustion hit her. It had been what two, three days since she had a decent sleep, not just a nap hunched behind the wheel. Reaching across to the glovebox she fumbled around until her hand closed on what she was looking for. After prizing the lid of the small pot with her thumb she upended over her mouth and allowed a handful of chalky pills to drop into her mouth. For now they would do instead to keep her going but sooner or later she was going to need a good eight hours but that was a problem for the future. Right now all she had to do was keep up with everyone else and to this effect she turned the key making the buggy splutter into life before she kicked her foot to the floor and felt herself being pinned to her seat as she sped after the column dust that was the rest of the group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.