Bleach: A New Seireitei (OOC and Sign Ups) (Sign Ups Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll likely be filling this out as I go, but I'd like to possibly ask a question or two. Maybe..

But for starters

1. Will there be a roster to keep track of who's in what squad and seat? Or perhaps you're keeping track of it in some other means?
  2. What would be some restrictions as towards skills persay? Like specifics such as Shunpo (Flash step) and the abilities within it (Such as shown by Yoruicchi, Byakuya Kuchiki and Soi Fon) and others?

Also, I'm saying it the way I know it, hehe..

"Rain over the frosted heavens, Hyourinmaru!"

If there's anything you want me to change, feel free to let me know. Mostly towards the zanpakuto, I was contemplating many things about what may be wrong in this picture or not.. Or if it's ok.. Idk.. That's why I'm asking this at this point.
Character Sheet, crimson
Name: Shizuka Kurenai
Race: Shinigami
Division: 4
Zanpakuto: Kaiyuri - An 80cm long katana from hilt to the tip of the blade, the hilt ornately designed; gold inlaid upon the guard, red rayskin and traditionally black braiding.

Zanpakuto Spirit Form:

Inner World:
A gothic castle within the center of a thick forest, namely within the very large ballroom, parlor or even the bedroom. It is always night with the full moon clear in the windows that face it, dark, thin clouds looming the sky. The castle itself is dark-colored, lighting is a little dim but still bright enough to see clearly, red a heavy color inside. The rugs, tapestry, furniture, they all have red to them with a variety of brass, marble and other schemes to compliment it.
Shikai: In Shikai form, Kaiyuri transforms into a 120cm Nodachi-style katana, further emphasizing the use of two hands. In this form, its power resides in an illusory factor. When one maintains eye contact upon her blade, it can mislead them, confusing the opponent of her real motion. Varying on the strength of her opponent's willpower, it may not happen quickly, but over time if they do, they can still succumb to it, however lightly. The more eye contact they make, the stronger the influence will be, but those of strong willpower can resist it for some time.

Phrase: "Surrender your will, Kaiyuri."
Bankai: In Bankai form, Kaiyuri transforms into a different weapon entirely as she becomes Kaiyuri-Hana. The Nodachi morphs even longer, taking the form of a giant scythe.
8f7832a7dfe1.jpg
The abilities in shikai still remain and strengthen in this form, a robe donning over her attire with a torn hood. Atop of being a different weapon type entirely and larger, her reach is immense in close-combat and if struck by this deadly blade, a 'scar' appears upon the slash, leaving a lingering burning feeling that eventually feels as though their soul is being drained of their being. Again, the stronger the opponent in willpower and other factors, the slower this will take effect. The only way the effect will disappear is either through defeating her, her bankai goes away, or she removes it by decision.

Phrase: "Succumb to your desires, Kaiyuri-Hana."
Skills: Exemplary expertise and education in medical treatment and the three fields in Kido, Bakudo being the lesser of the three. Prefers the use of kido over physical combat, but is no stranger to it. However, to compliment her zanpakuto, her tactics are more on the cunning side rather than a brash warrior's approach. Of the hado spells she knows, she is typically seen using Hados #4 Byakurai, #33 Sokatsui, #73 Soren Sokatsui. As of the present time right now, she is on the path to learn #90 Kurohitsugi in the future. Her endurance is not exceptionally high compared to other more strongly physical Captains, but she has high agility and strong experience with Hoho.

Personality: Usually calm, lively. Smiles often with great bedside manners, though she can be rather invasive of 'personal' info and light perversions for humor. However, when her guard's down, she can usually fall victim to prudish behavior on her part, mostly to blame on her own zanpakuto. When serious, her smile drops as her brows terse, tone usually getting a little deeper as she focuses at the task at hand. When she's like this, her emotions usually wash away, leaving only determination, a cold, calculating look, and to some, intimidation upon her visage.

For a voice example, think Karen Strassman, but more towards her voicing of Shura from Soul Calibur IV.
Appearance: (As pictured beside, however 6'2 in height{Excluding hair})

Bio: Despite being relatively 'young' as a Captain and only being so for around 20 years, Shizuka showed hopeful promise to helping restore the necessity of running squad 4, in turn helping restore morale and hope to the rest of the seireitei. Growing up in one of the wealthier districts of the Rukon area, she was found by a few shinigami that were scouting for people to join, and she, among others showed the common traits of such to become academy students, such as the hunger. Progressing decently enough, she showed a knack towards learning and controlling kido, and in turn kaido along the way, proving to be a prominent choice towards kido-type shinigami.

It was around the time she graduated that she discovered her shikai and the name of her zanpakuto. At best, when she first visited her Inner World, she was taken aback by the appearance of her sword. It was a woman, no younger or older than she in appearance, but was definitely more.. Provocative.. After she graduated, Shizuka was picked for a position within squad 4. She was glad for it, but was a little disheartened at the lack of necessity towards combat. That was alleviated however when she was able to train still, and at times doing so with others from different squads, often resulting in a possible lecture from her superiors.

In time, she went up the ranks no slower than average, but not entirely faster either, eventually becoming the lieutenant, or otherwise second seat. Her determination to help others was also a contributing factor, and when the time came for a new Captain, she was voted for it, recommended by most of her division.

Again, if anything is wrong with it, feel free to talk to me right away.

Also, Hi @Aka~Kitsune, nice to see you drop in too :P

Last edited:
Name: Kentsuki Tayousen
Hijikata-Toshirou-anime-guys-23377142-1200-845.jpg
Race: Original SoulBody Shinigami
Division: Solo

Zanpakuto: Aitsuken (Does not have a real physical form. Though can be channeled through any blade (though mortal blades will shatter attempting to hold in it's energy))
Lou_Lang_Sword_of_the_Stranger.jpg
Kentsuki usually weilds Aitsuken in its energy form. Its basically a rod of red spiritual energy in the shape of a blade coming out of his fist.

Zanpakuto Spirit Form:
AqaQ4ao.jpg
The inner room is just a square red room without windows or doors.

Shikai: "Release! Aitsuken!". Red energy engulfs Kentsuki's left arm. basically like Mugetsu.

Bankai: Aitsuken Kyougeki. Can't really find an image to fit his Bankai. His bankai can 'mimic' the abilities of other Zanpakutou, the only condition is Aitsuken has to had clashed with the Zanpakutou to mimic it. But that is only it's early stage of bankai. Kentsuki eventually manipulates his Bankai to cover his body in his spiritual energy in the shape of different warrior type armor (Shogun, grandmaster priest, ninja, and Kendo are his current forms)
Skills: Kentsuki can use his Zanpakutou while still in his body (SoulBody technique) By channeling his spiritual energy through his body and forcing it outward. Kentsuki grew up hearing of Ichigo's journey as a substitute soul reaper from Karin. Because of this, he was inspired to learn multiple forms of martial arts, this led to his chosen Bankai forms. Kentsuki has an incredible ammount of spiritual pressure, but it can be hard to handle. His weak point is the fact that he has to get close to an opponent to decide which form of Bankai to use. He is also quick to throw his life away if it means saving others. He is also incredibly fast on his feet. but while channeling Aitsuken through a blade (Known as a shell) the blade gets heavy and slows him down.

Personality: Very fond of his childhood friend, Karin Kurosaki. He will throw away his life for others if they are weaker than him. His entire family was devoured by hollows so he is quick to fall for family-related sob stories. He also believes in redemption, and will give his opponent the opportunity to change their ways.

Character's Bio: Both of Aitsuken's parents were mid-level soul reapers who left the soul society and settled down in Karakura town to raise a family. On the 3rd anniversary of the birth of their first child, Kentsuki's parents were devoured by a group of hollows. They were unable to defend themselves due to being bonded to their human bodies from being in them for so long. Kentsuki was raised by a human couple, though they knew about the history of Kentsuki's parents. Having grown up in Karakura town, Kentsuki knew all about the quincies and the Soul Reapers and Arrancars/Hollows. When he was 17, He, Karin, and a couple of friends were playing at the public pool. Kentsuki noticed something was up when Karin began acting stressed. Soon, they were surrounded by a group of powerful hollows. As they went to attack, Kentsuki felt a strong pain in his chest and was engulfed in his red spirit energy, and in his hand was a blade made of the same energy. He then proceeded to slash away the hollows until they were gone, utilizing his martial arts skills he learned over the years. After watching from the shadows, Urahara dragged Kentsuki to the seireitei, teaching him how to use his soul powers and his zanpakutou. It took almost a year for Aitsuken to reveal his name to Kentsuki. Eventually, Kentsuki has earned his place in his seireitei as a substitute soul reaper and his 'spiritual' condition became known as SoulBody, the ability to wield a Zanpakutou while in a mortal body.
I didn't forget anything? I put the appearence next to the name in a spoiler. and I couldn't find fitting images for his bankai. ** Oh I think I know what my mistake was. I added "Rain over the frosted frozen sky, Hyourinmaru" to my original post. By the way, my character isn't too op is it? It's not like he is the only SoulBody, just the only one to date, he was the first one for it to happen to because of the circumstances of his birth. As I understand it, it is very rare for a Soul Reaper to go rogue and stay in the world of the living (Other than Ichigo's father, but he was literally stuck there because of his wife's soul being bonded to his to keep her from hollowfying)

Edit Note: Replaced an image with an imgur url due to malware notices. - jared555

Last edited by a moderator:
*Glomps Detective*

:DDD Yo!~

*Returns to thinking about her character*​

I'll hand you a hint.. Had something to do with reading the rules and saying something...

For Shizuka's shikai, what kind of illusory effect is that? Do they not see it move? Do they see it move when it doesn't? Does it seem to disorient the opponent? What are we looking at here? Does it instantly wear off as soon as they lose eye contact or does it linger? Etc, etc.

For Shizuka's shikai, what kind of illusory effect is that? Do they not see it move? Do they see it move when it doesn't? Does it seem to disorient the opponent? What are we looking at here? Does it instantly wear off as soon as they lose eye contact or does it linger? Etc, etc.
Just what I thought. it's mute if you have to retain complete eye contact with the blade for its effect to work. Most of the time in battle you aren't looking at the opponent's weapon unless it intimidating, mostly you look at the opponent themselves.

I dont know who to make...

Oh! Even more options >:D

Traditional quincys are also available.

Traditional quincys are also available.
Except at this point they would all be dead. All the good quincies were killed and their power returned to juha bahc

@AzureBlazer
It was stated that Quincy's still exist by the gm in one of his first posts

But remember people! If you want to be anything other than a shinigami you MUST ask the gm

Yeah, the shikai.. I was still fleshing it out of my head, but I was thinking the more eye contact you make, the worse it will get. As for the effect, it'd be like, it'd move slower, faster, or in other directions than it probably would with a 'shading' visual effect or something from what I was thinking.. Of course, it's technically still a WIP until I'm accepted, I'm flexible to fix whatever necessary.

Post 14 for the quincys.

And yeah. I'm just getting you to flesh it out a bit so the gm doesn't have to ask the questions.

True. I can always edit it into the CS if I must.. Though, I guess a good example would be Shinji and maybe Aizen's zanpakutos. Examples of comparison.

Lol, I'm just that total newb sitting in the corner that's all like
"I watched bleach! Once..... About four years ago....... I can totally do this!"

They can't really be compared. Illusions work in one of two ways, controlled any by a rule. Controlled illusion means you make it do what you want it to do. Aizen's hypnosis is like that. Meanehile, Shinji has no control over it at all. What you see or whatever is determined by going through a filter that is the rule of his zanpakuto. Everything is backwards. I'm assuming yours is a status effect rule type but unless you have some way to determine whether it would look like it is going faster or slower, it'd be up to the other person to decide and it might be difficukt for many to do it in such a way that's fair for both. A generalized rule to explain how it works would dodge that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.