Bleach: A New Seireitei (OOC and Sign Ups) (Sign Ups Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aaronace52 no problem. I just was re reading chat and noticed that ^~^' anywho, any plans for what to do while we wait for more players?

I'm planning out most of the story and registering plot points for characters... Each and every character will have a little something special in the story as they all deserve depth and more than just them being in a main plot line. If you understand that...

As for another thing, I'm hoping to keep up the conversation with the current players about Bleach. For instance, if you have other questions you may ask me, or anything else really you may talk to me about it.

So far there are three people applied and two people queued with a CS to soon appear... so we've already got five players.

I skimmed the wiki and didn't find anything saying that academy graduates all have shikai, nor that all 2nd and third seats have bankai but either way, I find that notion more than a littke suspect whether the wiki actually says it or not. You can of course make it true for the rp but it doesn't seem likely to be true in the anime or manga because circumstances seem to suggest that it is mostly seated officers with shikai while not many non captains have bankai. Here's what I see.

ikkaku hides his bankai because he doesn't want to be promoted. That would be odd if he was just one of many third seats with bankai. Rather, it makes more sense if you think of bankai as a rarity.

Rukia is shown to learn her shikai with Kaien watching. Obviously not an academy student.

Renji has been a vc. We clearly watch him earn bankai. He doesn't seem to be the weak duckling of the bunch either.

We don't see academy seniors use shikai in life or death situations. For that matter, I don't think we've seen anyone in the academy clearly learn shikai there.

There are a billion nameless shinigami. We only ever see them run at their opponents with swords and get slapped. Isn't the academy more like a military training, not a full special forces course?

The wiki specifically states that vcs generally only know shikai.

Alright... I order that seats 1 through 3 only would know both shikai and bankai while seats 4 through 20 know only shikai...

My feelings on this are of no concern... Personally it doesn't matter to me about shikai or bankai or neighter being required to graduate from the academy as all of you will have a Shikai and somewhere down the line of the story will eventually come to learn and hopefully master a bankai regardless of your rank... Truth be told, it truly doesn't matter...

@Shadicmaster ... I'm still thankful for our conversation

@Nevvy Thank you for your input.

@Xylime ...

0337427388a780_full.jpg

Everyone agree? :)

Sounds like a plan!

Thumbs-Up-Lee-rock-lee-8026550-640-480.jpg

Oops...wrong anime...

4959363072_857b295f71.jpg

Ah, there we go!

Fine by me. Anyway, since we're on the 2nd division train, feel like talking a bit about your character? I plan to work with a character of some captain or vc rank that has transferred out of the 2nd so getting the general tone of how your captain ran things and for how long would be good.

In other words a character who was previously in the second division but transferred to another for various reasons, possibly to move up in rank. Example, 4th seat, 2nd division ---> VC, 3rd division

Okay do you want me to give you an "npc" character that's been promoted to a knew position that your character will be working with? Reasons for the character's transfer vary from his skill, feeling towards Otonashi etc. do I have it or am I missing it?

I was mostly looking for some info about your character (the captain of the 2nd that you mentioned earlier in post 5) so I could get an idea about what said captain was like and how the 2nd was run under his or her captainship (also how long). I prefer characters who are integrated with their surroundings, just not blobs in space with no real connection. I don't really need my hand held persay. Building the circumstances around it are easy enough. It just comes out nicer when I can see all the variables. In this case, that means knowing a bit about the one who runs the place.

Well okay so you'd like to know a tad bit more about Otonashi... Well alright then, that's no big deal. He runs his Division with pure intent of true leadership. He cares about every member of the squad even when he knows they are just fine on their own. He prefers to mingle with his mates (especially the girls) and is very stubborn at times. He is a genius when it comes to strategy and though he hates paperwork, he gets the job done. He personally feels that knowing your teammates is one of the many important things that lead to success in missions and a dangerous situation. Put your life in your comrades as they put their lives in yours. When he finds time, he's a lot more laid back when he isn't in the office or out on missions and he will do what he can to find time to share at least a few words with Toshiro every day. Now even though he is like this, Otonashi is no push over. If something important and big is going down, he is determined to see it through. If you disobey an order and your excuse is not good enough, he will scold you, penalize and restrict you, and not to mention lecture you... a lot... like not even a lot but A LOT... that's like a lot more than a lot you know?

Anyway someone talks bad about a fellow member of his division or the Head Captain, he'll show them up rather aggressively. Also, he's one of the guys that would kill a man who provokes and taunts him, telling him how weak he was etc etc... and then to explain about it, he'd say "Hey... he said I was weak... well I showed him he was weaker." His zanpakuto teaches him about Emotion and how it can drive him to do the impossible and to wield the passionate side of becoming great. Otonashi respects emotion and will willingly aid his fellow allies if they need any help. I am not entirely sure if that enough or if that's satisfactory but I can't exactly tell you EVERYTHING about Otonashi... but with your statement, he's gonna support you in doing something and is not gonna hold your hand... If he believes you are reliable, then he'll have you do it alone.

Sigh. I'll get to the rest in a bit. People keep interrupting me constantly.

Name: Makoto Kamata

Race: Shinigami

Division: 2nd (may be moving both division and rank. She is currently under review.)

Height 5-4

Zanpakuto: Shinkan Kaze, a katana worn across the back. Makoto is right handed.

Zanpakuto Spirit Form:
kore_wa_zombie_desu_ka_of_the_dead-09-eucliwood-happy-past-flowers_zpsd5c0b04d.jpg

Inner World: Makoto's inner world used to be something like a bit of a utopia atop the clouds. Now it is as black as the world outside. She can tell something is there but it decays with time and doesn't know the full state of it.

Shikai: Soshaku, Shinkan Kaze

Shinkan Kaze takes the form of a Chinese saber with a red tassle and a silver blade. Makoto can shoot condensed wind with slashes and stabs from her sword. They have no reiatsu, just condensed air that's moving fast enough to cut somebody. She can also make short range barriers of wind in small pinpoint areas around her to repel people from touching her. Almost any movement with any strength behind it will go right through, though. The wind is not exactly the best clashing material as most kido and zanpakuto abilities will cut right through it along with swords or other weapons but it also is not so easily blocked. Where one might be able to block a wide attack with a sword slash, the wind will be stopped where hit, leaving the rest to keep going. It is also adept against armor and the like, slipping into cracks and joints. It, however, will flop against wide coverage like Danku.

Later on, Makoto will develop another application for her shikai dubbed localized tracking for lack of a better term. In essence, she constantly holds up a field of wind that moves around her, using it to sense shapes in her vicinity. At normal range, it is about 5 feet in every direction. At later combat range, it'll be 10, then 15.

Bankai: Kago no Shinkan Kaze

There is no visible change, not even a reiatsu spike and there is good reason why Makoto will learn not to loudly announce its presence. Kago no Shinkan Kaze drops a cage of a thousand (she will later be able to make mini versions instead) wind blades around a zone, usually around the target and herself. Invisible to the naked eye without something like a large amount of dust in the air or something similar and even then hard to see unless she has increased the intensity of the blades, the cage of wind swords could be compared to an invisible blender. They can be given simple commands with the hands. At first, all Makoto will know with it will be the closing of the fist which makes the wind blades fly in at the target. She can intensify them by feeding reiatsu into it which will make them more powerful but easier to sense and see. After they hit or have blocked and have done their damage, they will disappear. The more blades the concentrates on, the more will fly in. They do not replace themselves and cannot change direction once shot. Once depleted, she will have to reseal her bankai and release again to restock.

Later on, Makoto will have better application for her bankai, incorporating a few new commands for it. Opening her hand will call a wind blade to it for her to fight with like a sword but like all her wind attacks, it is nigh useless of blocking, only good for attack and penetration. Pointing at her target will allow for pinpoint shooting of single blades. The blades do emit a very dull reiatsu presence but it isn't too easy to notice and even harder to tell details when she is using localized tracking.

The range of localized tracking extends up to 25 feet in bankai plus anything inside the cage. Standard for the cage is about 20 feet but if she widens it past 25, she will still be able to sense everything within the cage's zone.

Skills: Makoto has very good people skills when she wants to, reading most like an open book and manipulating them... nicely. She calls it women's intuition, dubbing it ten times more useful than any kind of education though the truth in that is debatable. She will later develop localized tracking even for use outside of shikai but only at a 5 foot limit. As per typical of the 2nd division, she sports talent in hoho and is a practical type fighter, if a bit eccentric. Speed and aggression based, she uses an excessive amount of acrobatics and only a small but effective selection for kido. She will omit the chants on almost all occasions. Her kido suite is composed of the following.

Hadou 4: Byakurai
Hadou 11: Tsuzuri Raiden
Hadou 33: Sokatsui
Bakudo 39: Enkosen
Bakudo 61: Hyapporankan

However, she is one thing that the 2nd division and Omnitsukido are usually not: subtle. Not subtle by any stretch and it isn't because she is powerful with reiatsu oozing out everywhere but rather because the only place she blends in in is a loud bar or a high class party where she has every intention of making her stomach turn by schmoozing up to all the nobles and pretending to be a polite and refined little thing. She actually can put it off and do it well but it is a distasteful thing.

Weaknesses: No great amount of endurance. Zero attention to defense that doesn't benefit her attack aside special panic cases. She's now blind and to varying degrees seems to be the living form of Murphy's law and not on the good end of it.

Personality: Makoto is strong willed, stubborn, hot tempered, and extremely perceptive. Not so hot with logic and all that statistical thinking, she has a serious knack for reading people and does not hesitate to take advantage of it, often times to disregard of other things... like respect... or the rules. She is pretty good at knowing what she can get away with too. That doesn't mean that she isn't without good intentions but nor is her record the cleanest out there by any stretch.

The soul of the party, Makoto is usually at the center of anywhere that has alcohol and holds an incredible amount of it for her size. Being a prankster of sorts also comes with that ticket as she injects fun into everything around her, sometimes not to the amusement of her superiors, especially the might tightly laced and high strung captains. She prizes independence as well as trust (often used in the sense of trusting independence) and a moral standpoint above a law standpoint, something that get her (and sometimes the party which she holds in high value) into trouble.

This of course all applied before her accident that brought everything crashing down around her. For all of her usual tendencies, quite a bit has been changing since the loss of her sight, something that has hit her extremely hard. She's been cooped up more, eating less, and stressed from her probable demotion or transfer, court martial at worst.

Appearance:
156f41bb-a040-47b8-9c2e-86c97e6280d2_zps83997681.jpg

Bio: Makoto had no real tie with the angel attacks or any of that sort of flashy business. "Average joe shinigami" seems to describe her a whole lot better. There was no matter of dramatic pride and promises involved but rather "because she wanted to" and "because it paid well". The alcohol became a quick bonus. Her academy days were spent as a minorly talented member of the top class (which she was on the bottom of in most respects as far as raw abilities went) and near the top of it due to her uncanny ability to read people and pick them apart mentally whether it was bringing their attention off of something or getting them to do what she wanted them to. This didn't help in solo matters like kido, written tests, and anything solo but that was of no concern to her. Other than the fact that she is known to have dated literally every single boy that was in the academy at the same time as her at least once except one who was universally identified as the greatest loser, it was fairly uneventful and she not too much different from every other partying fool.

Her climb up the ranks of the shinigami was pretty bland too. Showing prettymuch not a care in the world and general irresponsibility, she treated the Gotei 13 like her personal play thing just like she had with the academy. It was something that didn't work quite as well, seeing as how despite how good she might have been at getting away with things, her antics have built themselves up to the third binder recording them and have worn out the patience of a few of the higher ups. Of course, her strong points and practical results have mostly overshadowed such issues, leaving a captain here and there to use the word insubordination in conjunction with her but never on official record... until now. Now is different. It is no laughing matter anymore. During a mission in the living world, she had slacked and visited a few other shinigami who were assigned to the next city over. In the process of that, she ran into what they suspected to be a possible newly born arrancar. She called it in and was ordered by her captain to observe at a distance only and wait for backup. Possibly a little tipsy from her earlier trip to the bar and possibly moving in because the target was moving into a densely populated part of the city, she opted to ignore said orders and pursue. While she wasn't the one who actually attacked, she hadn't stopped it either. The prospective arrancar might have been a vastrolorde class. She wasn't sure but a few seconds later, there were three corpses next to her and only a bit of quick reaction kept her from getting her head blown off by a cero. Her head still got partially toasted and she had to be picked up by the 4th division. After further examination, it was determined that she had lost her sight and wasn't going to be getting it back with any mount of kido, nor crazy drugs and gadgets from the 12th. At this point in time, she has just been released from the 4th and is pending any variation of possible punishment for disobeying orders and the deaths of the three other shinigami. A few people whom she is not so popular with have also brought the complaint folders up to light, figuring that this would be as good a time as any to pin her history of unpunished antics on her when she has little to no space to squirm.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vuthra Moon
Lol, black rock shooter pick! Loving it!

Hmm... now I'm starting to wonder as to why Otonashi is Captain of the 2nd division... (Womanizer)

There. Prettymuch caught up.

I would say her transfer would be good to the 11th devision, but then again, there's sort of an unwritten rule with them that just pretty much shuns you if you have any sort of shikai or bankai that is not purely for physical attack, whereas yours is more along the lines of an elemental bound attack.... I mean its the best shot, but its either there, or maybe devision 1. That might work for your record since maybe the head captain doesn't trust you enough not to mess around so he wants you close to keep an eye on you? I dunno, just throwing out suggestions for you to concider

Oh, I've got plenty of possibilities lined up. The reason I don't list where she's going is because it is possible, not definite and could happen in any number of ways. A lot of it depends on her captain. She has more than a plate full of issues. Her life will get rough. Exactly where she'll end up I can't say. Its more interesting this way.

Ah, I see. Lol, well I also have a big day in it since I'm the captains advisor, so if you have any preferance lemme know and I'll see if the logic is inclined in your favor xP

I have guesses of possible probable routes, not preferences. The deck has been stacked so let the chips fall as they may. From there on, it is up to the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.