Bleach: A New Dawn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haruka gave a gentle smile and stood from her desk, "You are no bother at all. Hopefully, you can become more comfortable with him in time." she moved from her desk, grabbed a few files then motioned for the young woman to follow her to Hikari's office. "I'll be right here, Mk?"
Mirja smiled herself as she saw Haruka's gentle smile. It warmed her heart, and steeled her nerve. She never thought such a simple thing would have such a profound effect, but there it was.
"Thank you for your help. I will try to become more comfortable with this place, but I have only been here for, half an hour" she replied, obediently following the woman to Hikari's office. She wondered if he was going to be the 'little pervert' that Haruka said he would be, or if he would be official and Captainly.
'Maybe a touch of both?' she thought, as she followed the pink-haired Lieutenant to the office. "Yes, thank you for your support"

Mirja smiled herself as she saw Haruka's gentle smile. It warmed her heart, and steeled her nerve. She never thought such a simple thing would have such a profound effect, but there it was.
"Thank you for your help. I will try to become more comfortable with this place, but I have only been here for, half an hour" she replied, obediently following the woman to Hikari's office. She wondered if he was going to be the 'little pervert' that Haruka said he would be, or if he would be official and Captainly.
'Maybe a touch of both?' she thought, as she followed the pink-haired Lieutenant to the office. "Yes, thank you for your support"

Haruka smiled again to the other woman. She knocked a couple of times and then waited for Hikari to let them in. She hoped that he was on his best behavior.

'HA! As if that would ever happen.'

'Yuurei.'

'Right, right. Being quiet now.'

Shizuka listened as the masked coward spoke, listening to him speak of despising people like herself which would of caused her to smirk behind her mask of bandages said she actually displayed any emotion. Shizuka watched as he evaded her attack then ran off, prompting her to follow. "You said you despise beings such as myself...that in itself is a ridiculous thing to say. There is not another like me in this world or any...and if there is then I shall kill them " Shizuka then raised her left hand slightly, her palm facing the sky as she looked down at it "You seem to mistake this place as some heavenly place...it is far from that...you can feed yourself false information as much as you like but the truth is there is no heaven...no matter what world we are bound to, pain will always find a way in...it will kill you, it will rape you, it will destroy you...You think you know hell? How preposterous. I shall show you my meaning of hell...that is if you can survive long enough for me to carve it into that poor excuse of a shell you roam around in...let's hope you have some decent power... " Shizuka then let her left hand fall to her side as she began spinning her scythe in her right hand, her spiritual energy now flowing out of her in it's now usual smokey black appearance
The Togabito looked at her, his head tilted and staying silent for a moment. By the looks of it, it would appear that he was scared and put to silence. But it was the opposite "Wahahahahaha!! You see, this is what I love about you Shinigamis! Your arrogance! The luxury you guys have to be arrogant and think you know what actually goes on out there in the world. I have a question for you girly. If there is a Hell, why wouldn't there be a Heaven? As for your earlier comment, people like you in Hell...are pretty common. A dime a dozen as the saying goes. People like you are the ugliest. And that's coming from me!!" He bursted into laughter, jumping out of the hole and landing a few feet away from it. His right index finger turned into a spike as he began to write on the ground. His left hand turned into one large spike and began to fire them at her, his hand rapidly resupplying the spikes.

Hikari & Haruka
(Collab with @Aeronfarron)
(Before current IC)

Walking back to the Squad Ten barracks Hikari yawned, stretching an arm over his shoulders. While he was wide awake he was quite bored, and feared he would go insane if he was to look at one more document. Ever since he got in the office a few months ago, most he focused on was work, so he thought he deserved a break. Especially after all the studying he did for the day, though he never really knew what to do. Walking inside the barracks he smiled and waved at some of the members walking past, wondering what they were going to do themselves. He didn't dwell on it as he wanted to know what he was going to do. Haruka then popped into his mind, she had been – hopefully –working all day, and he was sure she probably wanted a break as well, so he walked to her office and knocked on the door. "Lieutenant, I need a word with you," he called out in an official manner.

Haruka sighed deeply as she stared at the reports on her desk. She grumbled in irritation at how long it took to fill out the forms, and screen the applicants for the Captain. Ever since Hikari took the office, they'd had quite the...influx of female applicants. And of course, the ones that weren't cut out often camped out on her doorstep to yell at her jealousy because Hikari would have wanted someone cuter and hotter. Being the diplomat that she was, she calmly and coolly...flipped them the bird and called out, "Bite my dick, bitches." Today was one such day, and with the stack of reports well...let's just say that she was itching to break something.

Haruka grunted as she began to read over another report. As a part of her continued training she used her Shikai as she worked. Having Yuurei unsheathed and being used helped her become more and more comfortable with his...well...her power. Doing menial tasks with the spirit's power also helped her bond with the spirit as the two were often in communication while in Shikai. This gave the unintended side effect of strengthening her spiritual pressure, and weighed down on the younger, inexperienced, or simply lower seated squad members should they try to enter her office. Upon hearing the knock and subsequent voice behind the door, Haruka set down her pen and stood. Stretching, she then opened the door for her Captain. "Captain, how can I help you?" she asked as she stepped aside for him to enter.

Hikari smiled at her noticing that her hair had gotten longer, and while he preferred shorter hair on women he couldn't deny how beautiful she was with longer hair, it worked for her…like, really worked. Haruka looked confused for a second when her captain's gaze lingered on her hair. She'd been neglecting getting it cut due to personal preference as well as time constraints, or...she simply kept forgetting to book an appointment. Regardless, her spiked bangs fell into her range of sight, but the lighter color of the wisps kept her vision from being too impacted.

"Ah, yes, you can help me by-" Hikari grabbed Haruka's hand pulling her with him as he walked the direction he had come from. Haruka wasn't prepared to be dragged out of her office and merely gave a mess of sputtered sounds of protest, though they were overtaken by Hikari's talking, "-taking a break with me, and doing anything other than being in this shithole. I swear, if I look at one more report today!" He exited the barracks with Haruka before letting her hand go, she really needed to finish reading those reports but…a few free hours did sound nice. She'd recently adopted a different style of dress in these last few months. The Shihakusho had taken some getting used to, but the freedom of movement was amazing. Her arms had gained some muscle but not overtly so, they were much easier to feel rather than see. Rarely were the forearms seen while in Shikai though due to the nature of her Zanpakuto spirit.

Hikari seemed to have taken notice of her new attire as he raised an eyebrow, gazing her arms and torso wondering if it had been like that for the past few months or what? It must have fit her so naturally that he just looked over it. He walked behind her to check her out; his eyes falling over her toned back which caused them to widen slightly as the Shihakusho was backless as well. 'No! No more of this! You are a Captain now, you cannot act this way! You cannot think these thoughts that you are currently thinking!' Hikari thought…as he stared at her back…a bit of blood dripping from his nose…

She huffed a bit snapping Hikari out of his trance in which he pulled a napkin from his haori wiping his nose. He then crumbled the napkin, shooting it into a trash bin near the barracks, listening to Haruka with curiosity as she spoke. "Well, if a certain Captain would stop gathering more bimbos to add to his "Hikari's Harem" Club, I'd be able to y'know, do some actual work rather than sift through our applicants. It's getting to the point that I'll accept them all and then train them personally," she flicked some of her hair behind her shoulder with a twitch of the head, "But then, our mortality rate will increase...by a lot."

"Hey, it's not my fault that it keeps happening! I don't even know how it started! Though, I think someone might be little jealous," he joked, "But you can do that if you think it'll be easier on you. I wanted you to start leading more missions, but since you already have something in mind then I won't add more to your work. But like I said, we're taking a break therefore we don't need to focus on work at the moment. So Haruka, anything you want to do specifically?"

"Break something." She answered honestly. "And jealousy implies that I feel threatened by those little girls. If you think I feel threatened, well..." she smirked, "You don't know me at all." Her eyes narrowed as her smirk widened to form an unsettling visage. "Anyway, if you want me to lead missions, that's fine. Gives me a reason to dump all of the paperwork onto you." she joked then rubbed her hands. "You wanna get some food? I know Alucard is probably bored out of his mind if he isn't off getting pampered."

Hikari chuckled at her statement about feeling threatened, one of the many reasons why she was the Lieutenant. When she suggested food Hikari placed a hand on his stomach, he really hadn't eaten anything all day so he could use a bite, though she did mention breaking something so it gave him an idea. "How about we get something to go? I have a place I want to show you. We can eat there, or on our way there. You go grab Alucard and we can be on our way."

"Sounds like a plan," she agreed. The young woman looked over her Captain, still proud that the young man had managed to earn some respect. Still...she was quite happier that she screened the mail rather than him...Her family, well...grandfather...had been sending him requests for a meeting about her involvement as a lieutenant. The latest had been a possible meeting about a merger, a way for him to ally with the Katsuye family while strengthening his own clan's status which...ugh, the thought made her a little sick...she doubted her Captain would pay any attention to the letters, but that fact that her grandfather was pulling this crap was--well it pissed her off. "Yeah, lead the way," she said once she was back from her musing.

Once they had gotten food Hikari began leading Haruka to the place he wanted to take her. It would normally take a few days, maybe weeks, to get to the place he was going from the Seireitei but for them it'd take a few minutes since there was a shortcut Tabo had provided him. He didn't know how the shortcut got them there so quickly but it did. Hikari had finished the last of his ramen before emerging from the tunnel and entering a city. "Welcome to the clan grounds of the Shinrai clan, though we're not there yet," Hikari said as he walked past the abandoned buildings. The clan was deserted, except for maybe Himeko and a few others but they didn't seem to be around. They didn't need to let the beautiful city just sit there wasting away. The two soon walked onto a bridge, and as they walked Hikari looked out at the water with a small smile before entering the next part of the city. Hikari continued walking until he was at the back of the city, towards the mountains, "There are stairs," Hikari told her. He then turned the corner walking up the stairs.

Once they finished walking up the stairs they were then set on a path that only led forward into what seemed to be a cave. While on the path, if they were to look to their right they would see the surroundings of the clan. "Beautiful," Hikari commented before walking into the cave alongside Haruka. Once they exited they would emerge through what looked to be a temple door with a waterfall behind it, despite the waterfall the noise was calm and low. There was a path that led to another temple door, and once they walked through it they would find themselves in depths of the clan. A single path led up to a colorful tree, flowers blossoming beneath and around it. The area was filled with water, with bits and pieces of single, solid ground surrounding it. And while the surrounding area was big, looking onwards it seemed as if it spread for miles.

Haruka followed the man quietly while eating her own ramen. Her eyes went wide at the sights they passed. The place was amazingly beautiful, and she felt almost out of place with how quaint it was. She didn't speak, just drinking in the landscape and smells and sounds as they walked. "This place...it's gorgeous...your family lives here?"

"Used to live here," Hikari corrected, "After the attack on my clan the surviving members fled from this place now living in various other places. The clan grounds were destroyed, but places like this were thankfully left untouched. The places above were rebuilt, in just three months, by my sister and a few others which I'm thankful for. Since I'm technically the head of the clan now the next step is restoring the members, and maybe one day I can contribute as well by having my own children. That's what I aim for atleast, but no one knows what the future has in store." Hikari gave a smile as he looked around but his eyes set on Haruka quickly, "But we're in the present, so let's focus on such. You said you wanted to break something, right? Well we can do the next best thing, spar. We've had yet to fully see what each other could do in these past months, and you can release some anger and stress, so what do you say? And don't worry about damaging the area, it's regenerative. This is the place the members used to come to for sparing, or to just relax. So…"

She listened carefully, looking around as he spoke. "That's sad...but...it gives me hope that one day you'll be great. Your clan will be great," she says honestly. As he finished, she cracked her knuckles. "Alright then, Yuurei and I have been training a lot," she said, "Shikai or regular sparring?"

"Thank you for the kind words," Hikari responded, "It's good that you two have been training together. It seems as if you two have been on better terms. As for Shikai or not, just use whatever. I want to see what you have improved on, but since it seems you and Yuurei have been training then I guess Shikai." Hikari placed his hand on the hilt of his Zanpakuto, slowly drawing it as he held his sheath in his left hand. Duel wielding them had become one of his main styles of Zanjutsu as he was able to use his sheath just as well as his blade thanks to Tabo.

She grinned up at the man and rolled her eyes. "Don't get all sappy, yeah?" She smiled fondly at her Zanpakuto's Shikai form then ran her clawed fingers over the metal there. It seemed to hum as the symbol glowed brighter. "Let's show him, Yuurei. Unfaltering, and unwavering, the aegis of the dead stands resolute, Yuurei Mamoru!" With the full incantation recited, the gravity feels like it has tripled due to the sheer density of her spiritual pressure. She felt the comforting weight on her own chest as the gauntlets cracked to life. She shifted her stance, and felt her lips quirk ever so slightly. Without warning, she sped directly at her mentor, much faster than she had been three months ago.

Once she activated her Shikai he felt the pressure of her spirit energy, one that even shocked him causing his eyes to widen due to not expecting it. That was certainly one major improvement, as well as her speed. As fast as she was now, if it was three months ago she might have gotten the drop on him, but he was still faster. He boasted his spirit energy to match hers, fearing what would happen if he let his fully unleash. He dashed towards her as well. Haruka wasn't too surprised to see him keep up with her. He was a Captain and thus stronger, but she wasn't going to stop learning and chasing. She was going to do her best to keep up with him, as best as she could. Once in range Hikari swung his Zanpakuto down at Haruka. He expected her to block the attack then follow up, but he knew she was smart enough to not do the obvious.

Once the blade came down at her she leaned a little bit towards him. Due to the thin nature of the Zanpakuto the blade missed her arm by centimeters. That move reminding Hikari of their first spar together. She then stepped forward with one arm in a forearm block at the elbow of his outstretched arms. Rather than attack though, which came as a small surprise to Hikari, her fingers twitched with rush of light racing directly at him which he looked into directly. Jumping back with closed eyes the only thing he was able to see was the darkness of his eyelids and small blobs of colors. Though he was temporarily blind he didn't need his sight, he could feel Haruka's energy especially with how high it was now, and it was obvious where she was. Though he suddenly felt five different spiritual pressures which he assumed were attacks.

The tendrils of light detached from her hand but stayed suspended in the air. With her hand, she straightened the opposite one which straightened the light into spears. With a grin she punched the air in a sharp five hit combo, which launched the light spears at her mentor; each spear seemed to carry its own spiritual pressure.

Hikari wasn't sure what the attack was, or how wide they were, but he did know that they were heading towards him at a quick speed. He took a breath and kept calm as the first one neared him which he quickly side-stepped letting it hit the ground. The second one came soon after in which he held his Zanpakuto in front of him to block it. Once the spear slammed into his blade he was pushed back but managed to not go too far, that was until the other three slammed into him causing him to fly backwards into the water. Haruka said nothing once he went flying into the water, and even began tapping her finger on her right gauntlet once he hadn't emerged. A moment later the sound of water splashing into the air, and the feel of such on her back, grabbed her attention causing her to look back and see Hikari there with his body-sized Shikai activated.

He wasted no time in attacking as he swung his blade at her torso. She knew she couldn't dodge, that thing was huge! But she could...Haruka reached her hand out and called out, "Bakudo #39, Enkosen." A yellow disk projected from her hand to block the blade from her entire torso. Hikari smirked as she did so; at the very least it would soften the blow and not get her cut. She had grown smarter, as well had become faster with activating her Kido. It was impressive from what had been. She stood firm, ready to meet it head on as the blade neared the Kido. Hikari quickly stopped his swing and then pivoted with his blade out on the blunt side switching the side of her torso he was going to attack. It had hit and sent her flying back; she wasn't ready for the switch due to forgetting how masterfully he could wield the blade. She rolled onto her feet and immediately went into an attacking stance; Hikari thought it was a good recovery.

Her gauntlet glowed brightly as she struck out with punches. Light flew from the gem-like protrusion of her gauntlet and went straight for Hikari. She kept running though, which shortened the length of time between each volley from bot gauntlets. As the light shot from the gems Hikari knew better than to look directly at them, look directly into her gauntlets in general. He watched her closely noting her improvements and how this new fighting style worked for, as well the flexibility her new outfit gave her. She looked good while fighting well, two in one deal.

He avoided the light by using shunpo to get into the air; he then lifted his Shikai above his head before swinging downwards sending an arc of red reiatsu out at Haruka which she smirked at. Before the attack even reached her, he had used shunpo once more to get behind her. Slamming the large blade into the ground a crack was sent forward and the earth began shaking to attempt throwing her off balance. While she was accomplished in her own right as far as shunpo is concerned, she was going to stand her ground. She stumbled a little bit, only to pick up a larger piece of the ground. Hikari's eyes widened as she did so, not sure if it was natural strength or the Shikai, either way he was impressed and noted it as an improvement.

She encompassed the earth in her spiritual energy before launching it towards the blast, and once the two collided it sent bits and pieces of the earth everywhere. As that was happening Hikari thrust his blade towards Haruka's back while calling out, "Never take your eyes off the enemy for too long!" Though that was just a speed clone as many others surrounded Haruka with an attack hiding the real attacker. Haruka looked panicked for a second, but something was a little off. The eyes...they looked a little dead which Hikari had noticed. Nonetheless the Captain attacked her, though her Shihakusho was revealed empty causing the Captain to stare at it. To the left a beam of bright purple light fired off in a straight line. "I never do."

Instead of making his next move he just stared at the Shihakusho, droplets of blood escaping from his nostrils. Did that mean she was naked? A perverted grin began forming on his face before it turned into one of shock as a purple light flew past his face. He looked in the direction it went, seeing a hole in the rocks before it regenerated. He then looked in the direction it came from spotting Haruka in a tree….clothed in a fitted, sleeveless top and tight girl boxers. Hikari threw his head back letting a groan escaped his mouth alongside an, "Awww! Seriously?!"

Haruka laughed at her Captain's obvious disappointment but didn't attack. "Aww, what's the matter Captain?" she asked with an impish smirk as she flash stepped towards him. Hikari heard Haruka ask that, he could even hear the smirk in her voice. Lowering his head to look at her he yelled, "Nothing is the matt-"Before he continued Hikari had actually taken a look at what Haruka wore underneath her Shihakusho which caused blood to shoot out of his nose, violently jerking his head back causing him to fall into the water. He quickly made his way out of the water crawling back onto land.

She picked up her garments, and as she did, with his good analysis skills could make out some cleavage. He quickly covered his mouth and nose as his face began heating up, then flash stepped behind some rocks. Once she flash-stepped behind the rocks he thought he could see her clothed butt for a quick second, which may have just been his imagination, nonetheless more blood shot out of his nose sending him skidding back, but he managed not to make too much noise or crash into the rocks. "It's a nice day, why don't we just walk the grounds while you tell me what you thought?" she asked. It was obvious that she was done sparring, as her hands were bare again. Her Zanpakuto was sheathed on her right side. She swiped the blood from her nose with a shake of her head. With blood from his head traveling to two places, he felt light headed. So when Haruka suggested they just walk and talk Hikari nodded rapidly, "Yeah, that's a good idea!" Hikari sat down and closed his eyes, calming himself quickly while waiting on Haruka to come from behind the rocks. "Such a pervert, Kari." He heard her say which caused him to smirk, he couldn't really deny it. While he hadn't been that way in about a year or two, he still found the female body a fascinating thing, especially Haruka's. He was sure many would agree, even her.

The young woman rolled her eyes playfully at her Captain, emerging from her changing rock fully clothed. She smoothed down a few imaginary wrinkles then stretched her neck and hands. "Man...Nothing gets the blood rushing like a spar. Or...a half naked woman, am I right?" she said to Hikari with a slight laugh. "Both do the trick just as good as the other," Hikari replied, eyes opening, feet planted on the ground and legs straightening lifting him up. His Zanpakuto sealed and sheathed, Hikari dusted himself off and straightened his Shihakusho and Haori.

"I'm gonna need to get a haircut soon," Haruka stated once she turned her head towards Hikari, her curled, longer hair giving a small bounce. She smiled gently at him as she played with her hair idly which Hikari smiled at before hearing her words. Faster than he had ever moved in that spar he appeared in front of her holding her arms with widened eyes. She looked surprised at the sight of her Captain directly in front of her. "No! Never! You look unbelievably beautiful with long hair!" After a moment his eyes returned to normal as he let go of her and backed up, brushing his arm trying to return back to professionalism. "I mean, uh-Your hair, your decision. It looks nice either way Lieutenant," he said as he tried putting on his best official voice that just came off as stupid sounding. A blush erupted over her cheeks, and she looked away in an attempt to calm down. "I uh-Maybe I could keep it like this if you like it," she said, though she didn't look at him. He was shocked to hear that, though it caused him to smile and rub the back of his head as he looked away himself, "I…really like it." Her blush slowly drained away so that her cheeks were their normal color. "I'm glad you do..."

After silence fell between them she cleared her throat which gained his attention, she then changed the subject. "Um-So...I was thinking that we can have Hype lead the 4th Vanguard Squad. He's been kind of restless lately, and the 4th Vanguard Squad has day to day training. Pretty good squad for unseated Shinigami."

"Ah, but I worry that he'll get them warped into the whole warrior antic thing, and if they don't get into it then he'll strike them with lightning. But we can bring it up to him; see what his opinion is on it. He should have a say as well," Hikari said before turning around. "But let's walk. I think you might like what's around here, hopefully." Hikari walked further into the area they were in, it was bigger than it looked, atleast he knew that.

"Yeah, we can ask him. I saw the after action report on Ayami. What are your thoughts? I think I'll be having a Hakuda clinic when we get back. Some of the junior officers and unranked are neglecting it. Granted, my Zanjutsu is no better than some of theirs, but I can probably break most of their bones without Shikai." She sighed.

In only a few moments would the two find themselves walking through what seemed to be a mountain path, it looked small but there would be plenty of room for both of them to walk through. "Ayami needs allot of work but you can't expect allot out of unseated. So far her biggest asset seems to be her analysis and quick thinking, so I'll be helping her further develop that. She seems decent at Kido as well which is something I might want you to help her with, I doubt Tabo is up for another student. She didn't really use Hakuda, so I assume she has no talent in it. But overall I think she can become a good Shinigami with the right amount of training in specific areas, all she needs is a bit more hard work."

She listened quietly. She knew that Hikari knew she was listening; she didn't bother with the general cues that denoted as such. "I can work with her if you'd like. I've been a little bored myself lately." She snickered. "I don't think we should subject anyone to Tabo. The old man isn't captain anymore, so we should let him take his naps." she said.

"Bored? Not having fun handling my harem club?" Hikari joked with a chuckle, chuckling even more once she said they should just let Tabo take his naps. "Knowing that geezer it's probably what he's doing now, or doing something I'd rather not think about it."

She respected the man a great deal since it was him that allowed her to learn Shunko. A technique she had yet to show Hikari...if she even told him she was learning it she couldn't remember as Shunko was generally a technique that was developed and kept in the Second Squad. "Few could understand the concept, even fewer can execute it. Fewer still can execute it and not kill themselves." Tabo had told her. "So don't waste my time. You wanna learn it? Then strengthen your core, arms and shoulders! You need to support your spiritual density with your own body. Only then will you learn." She didn't know how often she heard that speech. He pushed her harder than anyone had. As a noble, a minor one but a noble nonetheless, she had always been pampered. Only Yuurei pushed her.

Walking on they soon entered a forest like area with the sun beaming down, yet there were little flowers. He looked at the water spilling down the rocks from above. "The water is clean if you're thirsty and willing to use your hands," he commented, "Sadly only little come down this way, this area is where some of the best tasting water comes."

"Hm..." she kneeled down and cupped her hands in the water. She drank deeply then sighed. "Wow...that is really good." The commented caused him to smile brightly, taking pride in his clan grounds. "You really think so?!" he asked excitedly, "If you want I could have some bottled and sent to you! The reason why the water is so good is because my clan is really close to nature, the members and the clan grounds. You could say we're in tune with it, like we're destined to be. It spans back a few thousand years to our first generation, they protected nature in times of war and nature sort of…returned the favor, like our protection gave life to it. It's why we're so close." Hikari then walked up to Haruka and slowly grabbed her hand placing it on the mountain rock in which she would then feel something faint, as if the rock had a pulse. Haruka couldn't help the smile that came to her lips as he gushed about his clan. It was obvious that he took great pride in his lineage, and it warmed her heart. She was a little surprised when he took her hand and gasped when she felt the pulsing. "Amazing...it's like...it's alive."

"It all has life which is why I find it sad when it is destroyed, for a justified reason or not. But it can't be helped…"

She had a new respect for this land, and she hoped it would stand forever. "I think I'd like some of the water. If you didn't mind I mean..." She didn't pull her hand away from his, too enthralled by the warmth and pulse from him and the rock.

"It's no trouble at all; you'll have a whole set by the morning. It'll be good for you too, it reduces stress and can refresh your whole body once you drink enough…But there's still more to show you." Hikari took their hands off the rock, but never let their hands escape each other as his hand engrossed hers gently. He waked out the forest alongside Haruka, holding her hand. They would soon come across an area that was really too difficult to put into words, something that just required seeing. Haruka lets her hand stay in Hikari's. She was left breathless by the forested area.
"Huh, it's so quiet," Hikari said with a frown, "They're probably just not used to someone new being around." Hikari put his hand to his mouth making bird calls, but alas got nothing in return. "…Really you guys?!" he called out to seemingly no one as he began messaging his temples, "This was supposed to be cool, fireflies and birds and stuff! Like, this could have been such a good romance moment or something, make it seem like I had an idea of what I was actually doing!" Haruka giggled quietly when it didn't work out as he liked. Before she can say anything though, the forest came alive as a loud roar erupt causing Hikari to smile with his arms behind his back. Soon fireflies would surround the area, lighting it up, while birds began flying around. A few deer came from behind the trees and began walking towards them. Next a fucking lion erupted from the bushes charging them, tackling Hikari to the ground and began licking his cheek like a dog. Hikari laugh while patting his head, "Yeah, yeah, I missed you too buddy!"

Haruka marveled at the animals then seemed a little freaked out by the gigantic lion. "Er...." she blinked again. Once seeing Haruka's reaction to the lion he lifted up letting the lion lay in his lap as he pets it. He looked up at her, "Told you we were close to nature, animals and all. In this clan, once we're of age to start training, we come to this area and the first animal that comes to us determines the kind of training we'll go through. Funny because the training we go through, more times than not, works out for us. Though not only that, the animals that choose us sticks with this. Just so happens that this big guy chose me, despite him looking all tough he's really just a big softie. Ain't that right Nuggets?" Hikari continued petting the lion named Nuggets before standing up and brushing himself off. Nuggets circled Haruka, sniffing her before nudging her hand, he wanted all the pets.

"You...named a lion...'Nuggets'?" she asked incredulously. Nonetheless, she pet the lion as directed and marveled at how soft his mane was. "I couldn't come up with a name for him so I just started calling him nuggets because he'd always eat mine when I wasn't looking," Hikari replied with a shrug. Hikari heard a familiar voice call out, "Hey Hikari!" he turned to see Himeko walking towards the two while holding a bunny. She stopped as soon as she saw the random pink haired woman, "Hey Hikari, didn't you once say you wanted pink haired childr-" Hikari quickly used shunpo to appear beside his baby sister covering her mouth as he grinned at Haruka, "I've toooold you about my sister right?" he said, a bit too quickly.

Haruka was pretty occupied by petting the lion that she almost didn't hear what the random girl said. Almost. "'Pink...haired...children huh?" she asked idly. "Pink hair isn't all that common, but I do know there is a cute girl with pink hair in that fan club of yours. I am quite sure she'd be happy to know that you fancy pink hair." She didn't look at him, but her eyes twinkled. Oh no, they were going to talk about that later, definitely a conversation for later. She wasn't stupid, she could feel the change in their relationship, but they both had too much going on to even try to court. Haruka didn't do dates. Regardless, Hikari's clan was still getting back on its feet. And the Katsuye clan head was only much too willing to have a hand in it's revival. No. Not now. Especially since she didn't need the barrack's rumor mill to start churning out that she was handed the Lieutenancy since she was sleeping with the Captain. Division Ten couldn't afford so many deaths at one time. "As for your sister, I don't remember making her acquaintance," she gives a respectful bow to Himeko, "A pleasure to meet you. My name is Haruka Katsuye, 13th Heir to the Katsuye Clan."

As Haruka said what she said Hikari rubbed the back of his head staring at the ground, "I wasn't referring to her. I was actually referring to-" before he made his next choice of words he thought about it. It was too early to even be thinking about going that far with her, not that he wanted to per say, but if he had to choose at the moment then she would be his choice. But she was far too busy to even be thinking about getting close to anyone, he wasn't even one hundred percent sure if she felt that way. For him it was sort of a goal to get close to someone, to her it was more of an option like for most people. They were definitely going to talk about it later on, he could feel it. So he finished, "-my aunt Jewel! She uh, has pink hair…and I think it's really pretty, so…pink haired children, you know? Plus I really don't know that other girl, I mean, not just the hair matters. I mean, it helps, but personality and-"he was slapped by Himeko to stop his rambling in which he rubbed his cheek and nodded in thanks, not looking at Haruka. Himeko gave a bow to Haruka, "Sorry for making it awkward? Pleasure to meet you as well. Himeko Shinrai, uh…a Shinrai."

Haruka laughed when he talked about his Aunt Jewel. "I'm not stupid, Hikari. We can discuss it before we get back to the barracks. I'd...like to get to know each other more and I will need to discuss some...sensitive clan information before we even think about courting. While the idea is nice..." she looks at the lion, "There are the fates of two clans and a Gotei 13. Division that hang in the balance. There are...a variety of things we'll need to organize before we continue down that path." she said. Truth was better than fiction, and like most negotiations, he needed to know these things. Granted, she was still holding back a few things, but they didn't concern him nor the tenth division." She smiled at Himeko. "It is ok. It is only awkward if we make it awkward."

"Pfft, of course I knew that," Hikari said as he crossed his arms, looking all high and mighty, "But I agree. Things should be worked out before we try to go going any further, but I wasn't being dishonest. Jewel is one of the reasons why I want pink-haired children." Himeko then chimed in, "As for being awkward, you won't get anything but from this one." She teased before reaching up and patting Hikari's head much to his dislike, causing him to grumble and step away. Himeko rubbed the bunny while looking between the two, "I ship it," she said before walking away as some of the animals followed her. "Sometimes I wish she was too shy to speak again," Hikari mumbled before looking at Haruka, "Anyways…Shall we continue walking or?"

"Sure thing," she replied, "We can continue walking." She left the topic alone for now and began to retake her hand from lion petting duty. "She is quite funny though, and adorable."

"She is…one of those things," Hikari said as he began walking up the path that led to the glowing tree thing. Once up close he drew his Zanpakuto. "We call this the oracle for it can show many things and even give advice. Our legend says a forest goddess lives within the oracle, but no one has really seen her." As Hikari stared into the light it began showing his strongest desire, which was a picture of his mother. It then began showing scenes of him chasing and flirting with women like it was nothing. As she would know, he was the reason his mother died giving birth due to his large amount of spirit energy. What she didn't know, but could probably piece together from what was shown, was that he chased women constantly just to try and get that woman in his life, the one he always missed. She looked up at the Oracle and stared. She didn't say anything, but she could read between the lines.

"Enough of that," he mumbled as he gripped his Zanpakuto tightly. He held it outwards, light shined on his blade. Inside the oracle showed his Zanpakuto spirit, Ken. He sat meditating in what seemed to be a dojo, letting out small breaths from time to time. "Can show anything from greatest desires to greatest fears, to even your own Zanpakuto spirit."

"Will it...work for me?" Haruka asked.

"It works for anyone who looks into it for long enough," Hikari replied as he backed up. Once he did he pulled his Zanpakuto away from the oracle to sheath it, then stopped looking directly into the light so it could work for Haruka.

She drew her Zanpakuto and looked directly at the oracle. It showed her strongest desire: An older Haruka presiding over her clan with the support of her parents and clan council. There was a glimpse of the Katsuye discipline, a young Haruka being punished with a rather large stick. The young girl cried out for her mother, but when she didn't come, the cries dissolved into whimpers, then silence. The present Haruka gasped for air, she hadn't anticipated that. As the events played out Hikari's expression turned to that of concern, mostly at a young Haruka being punished and now at her conversation with her Zanpakuto spirit. Before she could look away though, her Zanpakuto spirit could be seen. She was standing in a meadow, staring in the direction of Haruka's gaze. "I know you can hear me...I know you're afraid...just trust me. I...I can take care of you. As I always have." comes the soothing voice. Haruka trusted Yuurei Mamoru. She always had, even if the spirit hadn't reciprocated. She loved the spirit immensely and she doted on her physical form as often as she could. But she was afraid. Afraid to upset Yuurei, to lose the friendship and kinship she'd finally crafted with her Zanpakuto. Yuurei was there when she had no one in the academy. And...she was afraid that she'd taken that devotion too far. "I...can't Yuurei. I can't. What if you hate me?"

"Is power your wish from me?"

"No! Never! Never, Yuurei!"

It seemed as if Haruka was freaking out, atleast a little. Hikari's hand found its way onto her shoulder, looking at her as he spoke, "I don't know what you and her are going through currently, but stay calm alright? It's the best way to handle it, best way to get through it."

She startled at his touch and she closed her eyes. He was right, and she felt a shift. She trusted her Zanpakuto..."Catch me," she told the man before she slumped over unexpectedly. She had gotten used to her Zanpakuto forcibly pulling her into her own world in these last few weeks. Hikari caught her and figured it was like the time at the festival, he let out a breath hoping everything would be alright. He laid her in his arms walking into the house opposite side of the oracle. He walked through the giant halls and then walked into a room that had a bed that looked like it was for a king and queen; he laid her on it gently before walking out of the room. It had been a few hours and Hikari had been waiting for Haruka to wake, checking up on her from time to time seeing she was fine then would get up to leave and explore the area.

Haruka remained out of it for a few hours, her mind conversing with her Zanpakuto amongst other discussions and training. When she woke up, her sealed Zanpakuto's sheathe gained a small, ornate symbol emblazoned in gold right below the hilt. She groaned as she came around. Hikari walked into the room she was in once more, now seeing her waken he smiled and walked up to closer. He gently sat beside her and handed her a bottle of water to help wake her up. "Here, drink," he told her. She panted as if she'd just run a marathon. She smiled thankfully at the man, drinking deeply of the refreshing water, "Thanks. Sorry about that." She smiled sheepishly.

"You're welcome, and no need to apologize. I hope everything went well with you two," Hikari said before standing up, eyes gazing over her sheath and noticing the symbol. He would ask about it later. "We've been gone for a few hours and the Squad is probably wondering where we are, we wouldn't want them to be getting ideas now do we? Once you're good meet me outside," Hikari said. She nodded quietly then waited for him to leave. He left the room with a gentle shut to the door. Once she was decent and composed she finished the water then made her way outside. "Whose house is this?" she asked, "The bed was comfy."

"Lovers house," he replied quickly before reaching back into his haori and pulling out a piece of candy. Unwrapping the candy he stuck the wrapper back in his haori as he didn't want to litter, then flicked the piece of candy in his mouth chewing. "Take that as you will." He then began walking forward with a smirk on his face.

"For the sake of your future children, I hope I was alone on that bed," she says coolly before walking passed the man. She shook her head, still a little dizzy.

"You might have been," he joked with a chuckle. She rolled her eyes again and pushed him lightly, "Jackass."

Reactions: falk
The Togabito looked at her, his head tilted and staying silent for a moment. By the looks of it, it would appear that he was scared and put to silence. But it was the opposite "Wahahahahaha!! You see, this is what I love about you Shinigamis! Your arrogance! The luxury you guys have to be arrogant and think you know what actually goes on out there in the world. I have a question for you girly. If there is a Hell, why wouldn't there be a Heaven? As for your earlier comment, people like you in Hell...are pretty common. A dime a dozen as the saying goes. People like you are the ugliest. And that's coming from me!!" He bursted into laughter, jumping out of the hole and landing a few feet away from it. His right index finger turned into a spike as he began to write on the ground. His left hand turned into one large spike and began to fire them at her, his hand rapidly resupplying the spikes.
Shizuka listened as the masked man spoke, still spinning her scythe...clearly words wouldn't get through to this dumb ass...well good for her, that meant she got to get her Zanpakuto through him. "I'm tired of talking to you...you're nothing more than a pest that must be disposed of..." Shizuka watched as the masked man began drawing something in the ground with his spiked index finger as he then fired spikes from his other hand, this caused her to spin her scythe infront of her to deflect a large majority of them before she shunpoed into the air, her left palm pointed at the masked man as she fired a Hado 33, she then landed quite a bit behind him and slammed her left palm into the ground and used Bakudo 21 to throw up a large majority of smoke, then tearing through the smoke would come many knives

Shizuka listened as the masked man spoke, still spinning her scythe...clearly words wouldn't get through to this dumb ass...well good for her, that meant she got to get her Zanpakuto through him. "I'm tired of talking to you...you're nothing more than a pest that must be disposed of..." Shizuka watched as the masked man began drawing something in the ground with his spiked index finger as he then fired spikes from his other hand, this caused her to spin her scythe infront of her to deflect a large majority of them before she shunpoed into the air, her left palm pointed at the masked man as she fired a Hado 33, she then landed quite a bit behind him and slammed her left palm into the ground and used Bakudo 21 to throw up a large majority of smoke, then tearing through the smoke would come many knives
The Togabito snickered after she spoke "Whys that girly? Can't handle you're not the scariest being out there?" He jumped out of the way, evading Sokatsui as she landed not too far behind him. He was slightly irritated, he hadn't finished the seal and the woman made him stop. She continued to use Bakudo 21 to encase the area in a reddish smoke. "Kido huh? Ohh, i wonder what will happen next" He said sarcastically. From the smoke, many knives came flying out. The Togabito chuckled as he dodged and deflected all of them with his left spike hand. He had to make sure not to get the slightest tear in his clothes or that would result in him being sent back to Hell. He fired small spikes at the ground where he was before, not worrying about Shizuka at all. Instead, he waited for her to come attack her from behind as most people would.

Haruka smiled again to the other woman. She knocked a couple of times and then waited for Hikari to let them in. She hoped that he was on his best behavior.

'HA! As if that would ever happen.'

'Yuurei.'

'Right, right. Being quiet now.'
After she knocked the door opened with a green haired man standing in front of her, a light amount of freckles splashed onto the middle of his face. He carried a saddened expression and seemed lost in thought as if not noticing the two females in front of him, questionable if he even heard the knocks. He took a step forward before he found he couldn't go any further due to the two being in his way. His expression changed to that of anger as he looked up at the two. "Get out of my way!" he said before pushing past them and storming off.

A sigh could be heard from within the office followed by the words of the Captain, "Please don't go hit him Haruka, he's just had a hard time is all. But what brings you here? I see you have someone with you, someone who I haven't seen before. Perhaps a new member?"

After she knocked the door opened with a green haired man standing in front of her, a light amount of freckles splashed onto the middle of his face. He carried a saddened expression and seemed lost in thought as if not noticing the two females in front of him, questionable if he even heard the knocks. He took a step forward before he found he couldn't go any further due to the two being in his way. His expression changed to that of anger as he looked up at the two. "Get out of my way!" he said before pushing past them and storming off.

A sigh could be heard from within the office followed by the words of the Captain, "Please don't go hit him Haruka, he's just had a hard time is all. But what brings you here? I see you have someone with you, someone who I haven't seen before. Perhaps a new member?"

She was a little startled when the door opened and the surliest looking boy, not a man, a boy for that was how he was acting, dared to growl at her and her guest. She started to clench her fist to hit him when Hikari's voice rang out. Instead, she redirected and punched a hole in the door. "I'll...pay for that." she looked at the door then at the back of the boy's head. "I wanna hit him. I really really wanna knock his head off of his shoulders then mount it in my office. 'A hard time' my beautifully glorious ass." She glared after the boy and growled in irritation. "Disrespectful little...are you sure I can't hit him? Maybe I can knock some manners into his head before I kill him." Disrespect was one of the few things she didn't tolerate, as she believed men should always be polite to women and vice versa.

"Right. Er, this is Mirja. She is looking to join up." The lieutenant cleared her throat, "Forgive the outburst please. I was having such a nice day."

"Don't...worry about the door," Hikari said looking at the hole, his eyes then shot towards Haruka with a sigh, "And don't worry about him either, he'll use his manners soon enough and apologize. Once you know the reasoning then his anger will be justified, he just needs to take it out on his own time, not on others."

Eyes trailing over to the other female Shinigami Hikari put a light smile on his face, "Hello Mirja, I'm Hikari Shinrai." Hikari's eyes then transferred over to Haruka once more as he raised an eyebrow, "Do you...need my help getting her settled in or what?"

She grunted, not really caring about his reasons nor whether or not he apologized. He made a crappy first impression, and with her...you get one shot at that. "How about, for everyone involved, I don't see him again , yes?" she asked before she put that on the back burner.

"Yeah. We'd like to see if you had any missions available as a test for her. I can handle the paperwork and blah blah blah." she waved it off. "Or...I could dump it all off onto you and spar test her. Your choice." she grinned.

He sighed once more. "Haruka...I don't think you'd be the nicest person ever if you were just informed that you would be working under the same man who pretty much destroyed your family. But we're going to leave it at that." Hikari then spread some papers out on his desk, eyes scanning them before he spotted one which he pushed forward, "Just a simple hollow clearing. I don't want to give anything too dangerous that'll risk the safety of the new recruit, even if you are there Lieutenant."

The Togabito's eyes widened as Nishiki cut through her strings with relative ease So this is her shikai huh, well I guess it's time to play Hidden in the trees, the female Togabito jumped out into the light a fair distance away from Nishiki. She made sure to keep some distance away from Nishiki, since her weapon had a wide range and was aware that she was a Lieutenant "You test me? That's quite interesting coming from a shinigami. Shall we play then?" She twitched her fingers, thin strings appearing and vibrating. Suddenly from both sides, giant trees came flying towards Nishiki. But this was only a distraction. The female Togabito had tightly woven the threads on her right arm into a drill. She thrusted it towards her, still keeping her distance however. The drill wouldn't reach her, the Togabito hoping that Nishiki would lower her guard. Suddenly, the drill had become thinner and long enough to reach Nishiki, aiming for her legs.
Nishiki continued to grin as her Scythe effortlessly severed the strings. 'Not as tough as I had expected' A rustling of the tree leaves drew Nishiki's attention. "Heh, finally decided to show yourself~" She listened as the female spoke, taking a liking to her lengthy hair. Enemy or not, Nishiki still liked her hair, however she chose not to speak of this likeness, this enemy deserved a good beating not compliments. "Well then let's play already!" As Nishiki raised her voice, two trees flew towards her on both sides of her body. She stayed stood within the same spot and simply looked at the trees before jumping at the last second, landing after front-flipping. Only now did Nishiki notice the drill form made from strings that covered the other woman's right hand. The drill seemed to of extended, reaching for her legs. Swiftly sliding to her right, Nishiki attempted to dodge the attack while ripping her Sycthe horizontally across the top potion of the woven drill, hoping to cut it down a notch.

Genesis and Sinai
Genesis nodded before leaving the squad 13 barracks. Instead of using shunpo she decided to walk. It gave her time to let her mind wander a bit. For the last few months she had been with Giovanni and Sinai, and had in fact been training just not with her sword. It was mostly basic hand to hand and the fact that Gio was the training dummy made it a bit enjoyable. That was what had got her to thinking about her zanpakuto. She had watched Sinai practicing for hours with her zanpakuto as she pushed herself to adapt her own fighting style to allow for her blade. It was inspiring she was very dedicated. She was also….standing right infront of her?
"Sinai?" Genesis called out to Sinai who seemed a bit dazed.
"oh hey Gen. how did it go with Captain Rio?" Sinai asked once she snapped out of her daze
"I guess it went alright. She agreed to help me when she has time. Thank you again for recommending her"
"no problem, I was hoping that her being a captain now she would have other things to do than monopolize my captain… wow that sounded rude. What I mean is, they were always busy together…UGH. Point is even with her away he is still hard to get a hold of. So I left him a letter. I was going back to the spot to train some on my own."
Genesis just shook her head at the insinuating word choices of her young friend and chuckled. "im supposed to be practicing as I wait, do you mind company?"
"of Course not."
Once they arrived at the training area they had set up for themselves they got right down to it. Again Sinai found herself teaching, although this time it wasn't something she was intimately familiar with. She fixed Genesis' stance, and her grip. Only the bare basics. The biggest issue was that her hands were shaking as she held her sword.
"have you spoken to your zanpakuto?" Sinai Asked and Gen shook her head. "maybe you should start there. Especially if you're going to be working on your shikai."

Amayi Cho

Blood, sweat, dirt and success?

Walking towards the farm, Ayami had went back into the district. There were a lot of people who had reported that they had seen traces and hints that the dead were raised at a farm. Sighing, Ayami felt a bit comfortable that she had managed to find at least a place where she could try to trace the trail further. Going back empty handed wouldn't be something she favoured.

With steady steps, her left hand on the scabbard of her Zanpakuto, Ayami thought of how she would start her search. Perhaps there would be dug up graves or anything that would shown signals of that either made it clear that something sinister was going on or that it was just somebody who was pulling a big prank. Either way, Captain Hikari would get some evidence from her. She was pretty determined to get them at some cost in order to continue to prove her worth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''I swear miss, I wouldn't know! I've heard the reports and kept my eyes open, but I tell you, nothing!'' The farmer looked worried as he ended his story. Standing outside, Ayami held a neutral expression on her face, simply now and then nodding as she would listen and hear the story of the farmer. Slowly she looked at the right and felt a bit disappointed. Perhaps she would go empty handed back? How would Hikari treat her then after this failure and the fact she couldn't take down five hollows single handily? Probably not a promotion, she thought rather sarcastically.

''I guess that you won't mind me scan the area then?'' Ayami suddenly asked, still staring at the right, at the corn fields. Hearing a pause, she glanced back at the man with her eyebrows raised. The man seemed to think and shrugged. ''Go ahead miss, I'm sure that you won't find anything related to that mombo jumbo rumor. Shinigami...'' Shaking his head, the farmer went back inside and Ayami didn't care about his comment. Turning around on her heels, she decided that she would just control the area and then head back. With either something or nothing at all.

Walking through the fields, she didn't notice many hints. There were some tracks, but nothing that she could count as solid information or clues. Cause with her not being an experienced sort of tracker, Ayami knew that basing any information on the tracks wouldn't do her any good. Deciding to take a look in the barn, Ayami noticed that some of the tracks went there. Though not so very strange, wasn't it?

Pushing the door with her right hand, Ayami stayed still in the opening of the barn. It was dark and she needed a few moments to let her eyes adjust a bit to the darkness. Of course she would still need a light, but she wanted to be cautious in case the farmer would come barging in and for the better of the mission, so far it was one, she wanted to avoid a ruckus if possible.

The barn seemed of decent size and as she entered the place, holding her right hand on the hilt of her Zanpakuto, Ayami noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Except a smell, but she wasn't familiar to barns or farms, so she decided to not pay too much attention to the odd smell. Instead she checked the tools for anything strange. Something like blood or anything that would fall out of place.

A hour later and Ayami bite on her lower lip. Nothing. Literally nothing strange so far she could deduce. Though she knew she had to go back and report that there was nothing, Ayami felt disappointed. Her grip on the hilt of her zanpakuto tightened as she realized what kind of failure she had been during the last two missions. Lowering her head, Ayami closed her eyes as she slowly turned around.

''Let's see.~''

Surprised, Ayami quickly ducked and rolled to the right as something passed her. Noticing somebody standing in the opening of the barn, she narrowed her eyes. That voice. It was the farmer who looked with a strange expression at her. ''Stand still, love. It won't hurt.''

Noticing that the strange odor became worse, Ayami looked over her shoulder. The color started to fade away as she saw how a cloud of something dark was spreading. Not curious to be caught with in it, Ayami drawn out her zanpakuto and started to wield it with both hands. Though she didn't considered herself as an expert, she knew some handy tricks that would utilize the blade in a different way than just combat.

With a nimble movement of her fingers, she started to rotate the blade in order to create a soft gust to push the cloud back from her. Hearing something coming at her, Ayami cursed. A loud crash was the result as tools and shattered wood were flying in the air.

Drips of blood started to drip on the ground, one drip after another. Laying on the stomach, the farmer's corpse made it clear that the man hadn't been able to survive for long to last the surprise. Frowning, Ayami stared at a hollow that stood in position where she had been. He used the farmer as a shield and distraction? Or perhaps something else? If she had been a bit too late with a short Shunpo step then she would probably have been crushed by the hammer arm of the Hollow. It was unlike the others she had encountered odd and only now she felt a more sinister vibe coming from it's direction.

''Ah, come on. Be a good little Shinagami and let me eat your reiatsu. I'll be gentle.~'' The hollow hissed towards her. It had the vague form of a sort of hunched backed person that mixed with a bear. Being twice the size of Ayami, it was clear that he would probably do worse than just breaking a bone or two if he would hit her with that hammer.

Yet, she started to smirk. ''Good.'' Straighten her back, Ayami's smirk grew into a wide grin as she narrowed her eyes. She had found her evidence. Raising her zanpakuto and holding it out in front of her with her right hand, she pointed the tip of the weapon towards the hollow. ''I'll probably just cut off a piece and then drag it back. No offense, but I can't afford you to be the cause of another failure.''

The hollow shifted his weight on his left leg as he shook his head. ''You think you're the first person who thought I would be easy? You think I'm just another mindless mongrol? Let's see how you will like this, puny weakling.'' The polite voice had an obvious undertone of anger and spite towards Ayami as there was something. A sort of gust erupted around the hollow and passed Ayami. A bit concerned what he did, she took a step back and took a defensive stance.

But as she wanted to charge and attack the hollow, Ayami's eyes widened. ''You got the be kidding me.'' She whispered as she took another step back. Right in front of her eyes she watched how several people started to dig themselves out of the ground. Arms and heads erupted slowly out of the ground as they stared at Ayami. A stare that revealed a hunger.

More sounds came from the opening and Ayami threw a glance over her shoulder. She noticed that there was already a group of people there and thus her way out was blocked.

''Fun isn't it? And before you think that you can get out slashing your way out, take a good look. These are the people you devoted yourself to defend.~'' The Hollow warned her as it raised his left claw up. ''Let's see how they will reward you!'' The savage creature lowered his left arm and the people started to approach Ayami. She could see their expressions of starvation, the rotten skin and the stench that came from it. Narrowing her eyes, she turned half around. They were trying to box her in.

A young man tried to grab her, but missed as she stepped aside and stomped the pommel against his face. The man stumbled back, groaning, but his place was soon taken in by another. With quick steps and attacks, Ayami managed to counter and evade those who tried to make a move.

''Now Shinigami, what do you think now? Do you fear your own people now? Hahahaha!'' The hollow laughed as more came at her. Ayami started to grow frustrated as she managed so far. But it was more than obvious that she wouldn't last forever like this. She couldn't afford to kill the people she had indeed sworn to protect nor did she want to die and thus not put an end to the schemes of the hollow. Seeing in the corner of her eyes that a woman wanted to try to grab a hold of her, Ayami wanted to turn around, but gasped. A hand held her ankle. Her eyes raised up, Ayami noticed how more hands grabbed a hold of her.

''Now you'll join us merry band. You'll like it, Shinigami!'' The hollow snickered as it started to approach the restrained Ayami. The latter's eyes scanned around. Knowing she had to act, she only saw one way out. ''Ah. So you're going to become a bit savage, heh?''

The Hollow had leaped backwards as Ayami had tried to slash at it. But several people that were in the way weren't so lucky. With cold eyes, Ayami let her sharp weapon cut through more people. She didn't care anymore that they were perhaps people she had sworn to protect or not. If they were rotten undead or placed underneath a spell. Managing to free herself, she noticed how the rotten people took a few cautious steps backwards. Returning her gaze on the hollow, Ayami scoffed. ''It takes one to notice one, I suppose.''

The hollow seemed a bit more nervous, but then the rotten people started to lunge at Ayami. Only this time she spared none that dared to come close. With fast slashes, she managed to drive off any attacker that was foolish to come near her without any weapon to parry the sharp edge of her Zanpakuto. After another wave of them were driven back, she noticed how more were walking into the barn. Glancing back at the hollow, she cocked her head to the right. ''I've been wondering. Is it true?''

''What?'' The hollow asked, confused by the shinigami who kept looking with a ice cold look at him. She hadn't spared a single one of the people she was sworn to protect. Why wasn't she flinched by the fact she was killing people that were innocent?!

''If you're experiencing fear. The thing is that I suppose you would have some emotions, but do you feel fear?'' Ayami calmly asked as she would keep standing still, her blade lowered. Though she kept talking, her guard wasn't really lowered. Something that the rotten people had noticed as they kept some distance.

''You're sure are co-'' ''Please, spare me the lecture. This isn't about that I'm so confident, but rather curiousity. You see, I'm just a curious person.'' A grin started to grow on Ayami's lips as she had used the time to coat her zanpakuto with some of her reiatsu. It wasn't anything spectacular or something be proud off, but it would create a bit of a sharper edge for her zanpakuto. Enough to slice through what seemed to be undead people.

Taking a few steps towards the hollow, she made a small twirl with the zanpakuto. There was a faint whisper who desired for more violence. For more blood shedding and it had something soothing. Knowing fully well that she had to not give in to the whispers of what she knew what was her Zanpakuto, Ayami started to jog towards the Hollow. There were sounds coming out of the undead who responded back by running towards Ayami, trying to pin her down with their bodies and limbs.

With fast slashes and side-steps, Ayami managed to fend them off. As she just slashed another person, she was forced to make a short shunpo jump. Skidding to halt, her back hit the wall of the barn. Dust was lifted from the ground as the hammer arm of the Hollow had almost crushed her underneath it's weight. Clearly frustrated, the hollow raised it's arm again and charged with his undead followers at Ayami. Readying herself, Ayami already had a plan in mind.

The sound of wood splintering and flying into the air wouldn't go unnoticed. From the dust, a small figure would jump out of it, skidding to halt. A few cuts were seen at her left cheek as she grinned. The ground trembled a bit as the hollow stepped into the new opening of the barn as it looked furiously at Ayami. The remaining undead poured out of the barn as they charged at Ayami. Holding her weapon in a horizontal manner in front of her, Ayami's grin vanished.

''Hadō #32. Ōkasen'' Whispering the words, she started to focus energy and forming a yellow orb. The undead were sprinting towards her and closing in the distance until a large part of them were blasted away as Ayami released her attack. The yellow orb trembled as it would unleash a wide horizontal blast of energy that cut through many of the undead and slammed some others backwards.

With the majority of the undead being dealt with and others knocked back, she noticed that the hollow wasn't anywhere to be sighed. Then her own shadow started to grow, which made Ayami frown until she realized what was going on. With a quick jump backwards, she was just in time to evade the attack from above. Only to be blown backwards by the gust of the attack's impact. Rolling backwards over the ground, Ayami would come to a sudden halt as she slammed against a wall of the farmhouse. Gritting her teeth, she felt a sharp pain from her left arm. The hollow lifted his arm arm up and turned towards her as she quickly glanced at what was the culprit of the pain. A wooden splinter had pierced her left arm and colored the black clothing with her crimson colored blood. Yanking out the splinter, she noticed that the Hollow was charging at her.

Getting up, Ayami took a deep breath in as she noticed how there was a small distance between her and the hollow. Even with his hammer arm and size, he moved quite faster than she had expected him to. Staying still as the creature raised it's arm, wanting to slam Ayami with the hammer, the ground would shook and tremble again. ''This is your end!''

Blood started to drip on the ground and run down the temple of Ayami, but she grinned. The dust started to settle down as she trembled, but somehow managed to hold her stance. Her zanpakuto was then pulled out of the Hollow and she quickly slashed again. The blade slashed through the mask that had pierced it before. Stumbling backwards, the hollow fell on it's back, his limbs shaking uncontrollably. Panting, Ayami noticed that the attack of the hollow had grazed her head, causing a wound at her temple. Closing her left eye, she hissed and placed her left hand at the wound. But she had managed to stab the mask and avoid the majority of the enemy's attack. ''Yes, that is right. It's over.'' Muttering the words, she noticed how the undead covered a lot of space around the damaged barn. There was quite more collateral damage than she had first noticed. But nothing she could fix for now.

Straighten her back, she sheathed her zanpakuto away. The whispers would fade away as the blade's hunger would likely be satisfied. With a cold look, she stared at the rotten bodies of the people. Thinking on what would be wise, Ayami decided to proceed with the plan to burn most of them away. But not all.

A few that weren't packed together would receive a barrier. Only after she had some rest did Ayami managed to construct the simple barriers she was capable off. Taking a final glance at the scene, Ayami wondered what her captain would say. Though the bleeding had stopped, she was covered in dirt, dust and some blood. Yet, she felt quite good. ''Shame that I couldn't cut off a trophy of that mongrol.'' She whispered to herself as she turned around to head back to bring back her report. Hopefully this would bring a turning tide for her career.

• Love
Reactions: K3l
Giovanni
It had been a while since Gio had went out looking for the Sect. it was unusual that the go so long without any signs of activity. It was possible that they were laying low for a reason but that just didn't sit well with Gio. They were absolutely amazing at staying hidden, so he couldn't rely on his spiritual senses but he knew other signs to look for, or more importantly listen for. Those that dwelled in the outer districts didn't care much for shinigami since protection this far out was few n far between. Gio walked into a familiar town and into the drinking den. Even though there were dozens of bitter eyes on him he walked to the bar calling for a Captains Moonshine. The bartender put a glass upside down in front of Gio. To the outsiders it looked like he was being refused service, to Gio it was a message, one of the leaders had fallen.

He sighed once more. "Haruka...I don't think you'd be the nicest person ever if you were just informed that you would be working under the same man who pretty much destroyed your family. But we're going to leave it at that." Hikari then spread some papers out on his desk, eyes scanning them before he spotted one which he pushed forward, "Just a simple hollow clearing. I don't want to give anything too dangerous that'll risk the safety of the new recruit, even if you are there Lieutenant."

"I could care less considering the...antagonizing relationship I have with my own." she dismisses the notion then goes to take the information. She says nothing about his words as she reads the mission information. "Did you get my report on the proposal to specialize our forces? Since Squad 11 works as the foot soldiers, a proposal was laid out to make Squad 10 something of a Specialized version to support and bolster Squad 11." she said as she perused the mission brief. She offered it to Mirja to read over.

"I could care less considering the...antagonizing relationship I have with my own." she dismisses the notion then goes to take the information. She says nothing about his words as she reads the mission information. "Did you get my report on the proposal to specialize our forces? Since Squad 11 works as the foot soldiers, a proposal was laid out to make Squad 10 something of a Specialized version to support and bolster Squad 11." she said as she perused the mission brief. She offered it to Mirja to read over.

Mirja stood behind Haruka and looked sexy. If a bit scowly. The Angry -possibly- German kid stormed by, but Mirja gave him less than no mind. She gave him so little mind, that he would need to stab her for Mirja to realize he was even there. Which he didn't, he just stalked off.
'Trust you to describe yourself as sexy' Mirja told Mirja, with an exasperated tone. She didn't like the whole narcissistic exclamations, but when Haruka said something about her beautifully glorious ass right after sticking her hand though a door, Neither Mirja nor Mirja could say anything against the comment, only oggle said glorious ass until the Captain introduced himself, at which point she tore her eyes away.
"Hi Captain!" She exclaimed glamorously, grinning widely until she was handed words. Words!

She made a show of reading it, and then handed it back casually.
"So, punch things till they go tssss and don't get killed" She simplified, before nodding. "I can do that." She intoned, not really understanding the special-thingy, but knowing there was going to be things to punch, so she took out a Rice Cake and began to snack on it, while offering the waning bag to the captain. "Rice Cake?" She offered, as she had to Haruka when they first met.

"Support Squad Eleven? Well it would be something to think over, and since the Kenpachi is an old friend of mine it may be easier to get a hold of him. But I don't think the two Squads would merge well, while Squad Ten is more about strategy, Squad Eleven disregards the such. Shinigami from both ends would have a difficult time working with one another, so it should probably stay as is. Either that or try to support another Squad closer to our own, like Thirteen. But like I said, it is something to think over." When the bag was pushed towards him Hikari tilted his head in confusion before a rice cake was offered to him, his head returned to a normal position. A soft smile spread across his face before shook his head. "No thanks, candy?" he asked as he reached into his Haori and then pulled out a piece of candy in a blue wrapper, offering it to the female.

Haruka nodded, "At your discretion, Captain. I only write up the words." she snickered then grinned at Mirja's antics. "Alright then, we'll get going so we can be back by dinner." she let out a high pitched whistle and moved towards the hallway. In a few seconds, a little shadow of a shape slammed into her chest. She set herself with a laugh and hugged the pup happily. Alucard had grown some during her short lieutenancy and was no big enough to cover her entire torso. "Heya Alucard. You wanna go for a little walk?" she asked the beast. Alucard yipped in excitement then dropped down to the ground. She span in circles, excited to get on the road. "We are ready when you are, Mirja."

Nishiki continued to grin as her Scythe effortlessly severed the strings. 'Not as tough as I had expected' A rustling of the tree leaves drew Nishiki's attention. "Heh, finally decided to show yourself~" She listened as the female spoke, taking a liking to her lengthy hair. Enemy or not, Nishiki still liked her hair, however she chose not to speak of this likeness, this enemy deserved a good beating not compliments. "Well then let's play already!" As Nishiki raised her voice, two trees flew towards her on both sides of her body. She stayed stood within the same spot and simply looked at the trees before jumping at the last second, landing after front-flipping. Only now did Nishiki notice the drill form made from strings that covered the other woman's right hand. The drill seemed to of extended, reaching for her legs. Swiftly sliding to her right, Nishiki attempted to dodge the attack while ripping her Sycthe horizontally across the top potion of the woven drill, hoping to cut it down a notch.
Behind her mask, the Togabito smirked as Nishiki swung her scythe at the drill. As the scythe hit the drill, instead of cleaving through it, the threads became loose and allowed the scythe to pass through. As a result, the scythe was entangled in the threads as they made their ways into the smallest holes or nooks on the scythe. The Female Togabito pulled her arm back, the threads quickly tightening up around them. Nishiki would the threads trying to tug the scythe out of her hands. "Looks like you fell right for me trap. Alone my threads may be weak but together" Her hair began to rise as it formed a giant hand of the threads. She ran at Nishiki as she kept on trying to tug the scythe away "Not even your puny scythe can cut them!" The fist went flying towards Nishiki's side. The Togabito wasn't that far from Nishiki but was still aware of another that could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.