Bleach: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 1 point over.

Oh, that's completely correct. She just doesn't prefer doing work face to face unless her presence is necessary. In terms of social matters, being face to face is generally necessary.
ooooh i get it then. Alright, i'll leave her alone then :P Well maybe. Since the Onmitsukido answer to Division 2 I might still bug her, we'll see

You don't have to leave her alone. Lol. She's not a recluse, though. So she's not exactly needy in that way.

Alright, i'm gonna post now :3.

i like Rin. I feel the need to be her friend and kill things.

Well, that's nice to know XD.

Most people here can be friends. Lol. Just pick. Or go for all :p

NOH ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE, BRO!

You are correct though, I'm just excited to have found so much potential in a group rp. I've told you before how bad my track record with writers have been before. This would be my first attempt at group rp in ... shit... 4 or 5 years? Damn.. it's been a long ass time

I know.. I'm lame... ._. shutting up now

Last edited:
What, your not lame, if anything your Dedicated >_> to continue RPing this long :3.

I feel bad for being the cause of Rin's anger...yet I also feel bad for the hollows. Here is the VC I came up with, lemme know if its no good.

0a764bbe-747e-4ab0-92e0-717072a0e3dd_zpsa8zoodrt.jpg%7Eoriginal

Name: Seiji Juumonji
Race: Fullbringer
Division: 1st
Nickname: The Librarian

Strengths: Has memorized nearly every text that exists in both the Human and Spirit Realms verbatim. Finishes paperwork at lightning speed. Seiji is what one could call, the ideal secretary. Capable of imparting all the knowledge he has gained to other people.

Weaknesses: Not very good with socializing. Seiji has given up his voice in order to use his abilities as a fullbringer. Of course he can make grunts and noises to express emotion, but uttering anything beyond that would lead to literal death for him.

Place of Residence: Soul Society

Personality: Seiji is not a people person, but he does appreciate the creativity of others, even if his facial expressions makes it seem as though he doesn't appreciate much of anything. Still, he wouldn't be the fukutaicho of the first division, if he wasn't capable of completing tasks with great efficiency. Rather than interacting with others, Seiji would rather be researching something on behalf of the sotaicho, or working on some sort of assignment as opposed to dealing with others. Ironically enough, Seiji actually has a great desire to communicate with people, but for fear of breaking his contract as a fullbringer he refuses to speak.

History: Seiji Juumonji is the second born son of the once prominent Juumonji clan, which had at one point been the Juumonji Zaibatsu, until a larger conglomerate managed to uncover several scandals such as embezzlement and tax evasion, all of which were false. However, all hands involved had been paid such a ridiculous sum of money, that they had decided to turn a blind eye to the misdeed. The Juumonji family had been shamed and Seiji's father, as well as his older brother committed suicide not long after the incident occurred. With only a mother to raise him, Seiji wanted to try and be the best child that he could in order to make things a bit easier for her. From this point, the story of Seiji and his curse begins. At the age of six, Seiji and his mother were living in a small apartment. It became immediately apparent that the youth had to become self sufficient. At first, his mother tried in earnest to get a good job, but as soon as they had discovered that her husband had been the CEO of the Juumonji Zaibatsu, any respectable business turned her away. In time, a man offered her a position at a hostess bar and reluctantly, she accepted. With the money that she earned, she was able to buy the things that she'd always wanted to get for her son. Seiji had all the books that he wanted and the fridge was always filled with food, but the house was always empty. The lingering feeling, that dreary loneliness, was something that he couldn't stand. To escape it, he read books. He read books and wrote stories, lost himself in his imagination. He imagined a world where his father and brother were alive, laughing happily together as a family.

As more time passed, his mother became an alcoholic and started to use meth. Once she started, she became progressively worse. She brought men back to the house and partied till she blacked out. Eventually they were kicked out of the apartment they'd been staying in and they bounced between the homes of his mothers various "friends." More than ever before, Seiji sought escape and turned to his books to do so. In his heart, he still held the image of his family living together happily and he prayed for that more than anything. Everyday he prayed that he would wake up from this nightmare to find that his family was still together like the many stories he'd written. One night, he vowed to himself that he'd pray only one more time before he would give up on the endeavor entirely. After reverently praying, he waited a moment and like usual....nothing. But that night, when he went to sleep, he saw a a shadowy figure standing amidst a sea of books. He asked the youth if he was willing to give up all the words he would ever speak in order to make his dream come true. Of course the child eagerly jumped at the chance. The voice told Seiji that he did not understand the weight of his words, but in time, would come to know the consequence.

When he awoke from the dream he noticed something very different. His room was much larger than he was used to. There were pictures that he didn't recognize, of things that he didn't quite remember. But each picture had one thing in common. It was of him with his family. That was....impossible, right? The child heard the sound of footsteps and rushed outside to see his family members in the kitchen. His mother, his father and his brother....all of them! With tears of joy, Seiji ran toward them and cried out "Tou-chan! Nii-chan!" In that very moment, the idyllic scene shattered before his very eyes. The shadowy figure appeared once more before him, bringing the boy to the endless sea of books. "You severed our contract. But I am not unkind. You can always renew it. You can always live...as long as you don't mind losing those you value most." After hearing those ominous words, the scene around him faded to black. When he finally came to, he was back to reality. He was at another strange apartment, sleeping on the floor. A few feet away from him, he noticed his mother sleeping as well. Seiji went out to get things for breakfast and by the time that he came back, there were police outside of the apartment. Seiji's mother had died, not of an overdose, but of unexplained injuries. Her tongue was missing and in the place of her pupils, the kanji for silence remained. Seiji rushed past the police and managed to catch a glimpse of the morbid image and instantly, horror struck him to his core. He recalled the words the mysterious figure had spoken to him. He had given up all of the words he would ever speak and thus, speaking even a single word was a breach of the contract he'd formed. The only thing that he could pay with was with his life....or with the lives of those precious to him. That had become his curse.

Horrified that his flippant attitude had killed the last family member he had left, Seiji vowed to never again let his naivety get the best of him. At nine years of age, Seiji was put into an alternative care institution and was raised with others who had either lost their parents to death or circumstance. From this point on Seiji alienated himself from others, returning to the solace of books. Though things were...different now for him. He discovered that as long as he did not speak, he could literally live in the world of a book. He could bring a book to life. For a while, Seiji was satisfied with that, until he realized that in reality...he was still alone. As the boy grew into a young man, he had come to find others who had abilities like him and that there had been a world far beyond his comprehension awaiting him. Although he was still hesitant to interact with others, he figured that as long as he never spoke, his power wouldn't bring harm to anyone or to himself. From the other fullbringers that he had encountered he learned about what his abilities were and how to master them. As a writer, the young man found success as a novelist but he couldn't help but feel as though his life was...empty. Eventually, Seiji found himself wanting for more than just reading books and writing them, so he turned to Soul Society. While it was clear that Seiji's abilities had combat potential, his skills proved to be more beneficial to Seireitei in a support role. Tae Wang took an interest in his abilities and inducted him into his squad. However, in order to see his abilities Seiji had to start at the bottom in order to work his way up. After seven years of dedication, the young man has earned a seat as the fukutaicho of the first division.

---Skills---

Strength: 4
Speed: 4
Reflexes: 3
Finesse: 2
Stamina: 9
Reiryoku: 7500
Fullbring Skill: 20

---Fullbring---

Object Affinity/Affinities: Books and the Written Word.
Object Affinity/Affinities Appearance: When Seiji merges his soul with a book, the immediate area becomes momentarily adjoined with a pocket dimension that Seiji refers to as the Sea of Knowledge. It is a realm where all the books that he has read and written have amassed to form its own dimension. At his whim he is able to rearrange the books into orderly shelves or toss them into a cluttered pile, or even summon one or more volumes of his choosing to appear before him. When in combat, Seiji carries a blank scroll, to which he channels his abilities through.
Object Affinity/Affinities Abilities:
Sea of Knowledge (Chishiki no Umi) - The Sea of Knowledge is the pocket dimension in which Seiji has absolute control over the books and scrolls that reside there. The countless volumes that drift through this shapeless space are a reflection of all the books that the fukutaicho has merged his soul with. When Seiji touches a book, the knowledge within is immediately imparted unto him, burned indelibly into his memory. In order to reduce the strain on his mind, Seiji created the Sea of Knowledge to store the abundance of information he has amassed over the years. The Sea of Knowledge does not exist only for his own benefit, it also exists so that Seiji can impart knowledge to others. Bringing others into this pocket dimension allows them to interact with the volumes and absorb the knowledge contained within, so long as Seiji permits them to. His thoughts and memories also are present as a collection of books dating back to the the first moment that Seiji was capable of sentience. In the Sea of Knowledge, Seiji is able to recreate the world of a book, though the recreations require a large sum of reiryoku to be created, once created, it no longer needs energy to sustain itself. However, it should be noted that once the world of a book has been replicated in the Sea of Knowledge, even Seiji is subject to the laws of the recreated world and is unable to change them.

Word Soul (Kotodama) - As a fullbringer, the young Fukutaicho is a bit of a rarity. Due to his love of language, Seiji became able to call upon the soul of a word, its essence. The Kotodama. When Seiji writes down a word, its Kotodama is captured. The fukutaicho is then able to draw upon the quality of the written word by using his fullbring. For example if the word restore was written over an object that had been broken, Seiji could restore the object to its previous condition. However each word's kotodama has varying strength. Calling upon words with great power such as "life" and "death" are impossible without suffering a backlash of equal magnitude. Therefore the lieutenant has learned that when using his ability to draw upon a word soul, he should take care not to abuse the powers of the written word, or suffer dire consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks good to me, his stats add up, gave him a good fullbring with drawbacks that balance it out, and i can't see anything wrong with it, accepted ^^, feel free to post as him ^^.

You might want to clarify absolute control. However, I have no qualms with him. He seems very interesting and funnily enough seems like he'd hold a very oddly fitting dynamic with Joule.

Lol awww thanks Pasta.

Nice VC Monsiuer! Yet another person i have the urge to bother XD, Mikki's gonna have plenty of people to drop in on when she's not hunting for strong opponents

No problem, just pointing out the Obvious ^^.

Also, just realised, i'm almost to my 2000th post, holy shit >_>.

Great, thanks Pasta!
And thanks to you as well Oni and Nev, for the character inspiration. On a side note, yay to new character dynamics! Should be fun to see how everyone gets along. Or how everyone doesn't get along xD
Also, I meant absolute control over the books and stuff. Like rearranging them and recreating their environment. Once he is in the world of a book, even he has to obey its laws. I edited it to be clearer in that regard.

And dangg...you have like more than 1900 posts than I do, lol.

I thought about for two seconds how well Seiji conveniently fits with Joule. Here's a few fun facts I picked up on right away.

1. He can't talk but he can communicate with her... because she operates with texting half the time.
2. Knowledge is power family + the knowledge treasure trove.
3. I imagine the 1st and the omnitsukido will work closely together a lot.
4. Joule is forceful.

haha, you know, now that you bring that stuff up, that is pretty cool how it worked out. I can imagine Seiji filing reports for the Onmitsukido that Shao asks Joule to take care of. Silent witness!
As a fullbringer, he could also set certain conditions that allow her to enter the Sea of Knowledge and read to her hearts content. I think its convenient that Fullbringers can set conditions on their abilities that allow it to be activated or controlled by others that receive permission to do so.

Yes, that's up to him but she would definitely be interested in learning a number of the things he probably has stored in his fullbring.

He wouldn't mind. I'll probably get his post up after Shao's. Also, I was going to post and just have everyone arrive in Las Noches already so that we can advance, but Tensa and Gavin haven't replied and I don't want to be a puppeteer.

You could always just add a time vague implication if you wanted to allow them the flexibility or arrive and begin doing things with those present and allow them to interpret themselves among the present or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.