Blade Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You are one of the bravest people I've met... Suffering the burns...Friends?" Fen listened intently as Regina spoke, her memory fuzzy to the events that had happened. "Really? I... I would like that." Her smile beamed up at her as she sat up, wincing as she did so. Even though Regina had healed her the permanant scar she beared would never dissapear. She pushed the thought from her mind as she looked towards the person who had been restraining her. "And who may you be?" She asked curiously.

"Really? I would like that." Regina gave the girl a genuine grin. Fen was the first friend she's had since Corinth...the sudden thought of Corinth made her tear up for a second. Then rage took its place. It's been two years. Two years since her husband's murderer, and she hasn't caught the murderer yet. Her anger consumed her. She had a hard time keeping her face calm and happy. Her mask slipped just for a second. But she regained control.

When Fen talked to the new guy, Regina turned to face him as well. She hadn't forgotten he was there, just ignored him. But now, since he had also seen her display of power, she wanted to know about him, who he was, why he was here, everything. "Yes, I never caught your name." She added.

Guan was rather disappointed by that ending, honestly. Yes, that stunt was very brave of Ms. Fire, but it was also fairly foolish. She should have neutralized the water construct from a distance rather than charge headfirst into it; she was lucky she'd emerged from that with such light damage. If this had been a real fight, that move would have gotten her killed. He hoped she had only done something so foolhardy because this was just a spar.

He stayed to watch the others heal her with a process that looked quite painful. Oh well. This memory would help spur her on, if only so she could make sure she didn't have to go through such agony again. Having even more motivation certainly wasn't a bad thing. He found himself rather looking forward to what she would do with it. After pausing for a moment to confirm that Ms. Fire didn't have any lasting damage, he turned away and walked back to the hall. This place just got more and more interesting. Now there was little to do but wait and see what would happen next.

Apollo nodded at the woman and waited as well for the other girl to awaken. When she did, they conversed and seemed that a friendship was made again. When they both asked him who he was, he gave them a smirk, "My name is Apollo." He tilted his head to them. "What are your names? You're both very powerful. And that WAS a pretty brave move. I applaud you." He said to the fire Blade Master.​

At Apollo's response, Regina's eyes hardened. Before he had a chance to blink,he found Nimueh at his throat. Rage burned its way through her. There had been a man by that name who's thought to have been involved in Corinth's murder. She had to stop herself from slitting his throat then and there. "Where are you from?" She asked coldly and calmly, slowly backing him up against the wall of the mess hall. If this man wasthe same guy, she would know. "And don't you even think about lying." She added. She felt her voice crack slightly, hinting towards hergriefand rage. While this man did not look like the Apollo who had been involved, she had to besire. She summoned for water, and had it pool at his feet.

Apollo's eyes widened as suddenly a blade was at his throat. He was backed up against the wall and asked where he was from, "Hey, hey! I'm from the village of Stol!" Instinctively, his hand reached back to grab the hilt of his sword. He waited though. To pull it out now would be the death of him. He wasn't sure what made the girl suddenly turn on him, but he had to respect the blade at his throat. He kept his eyes upon her, and hoped that his answer would save him.​

At his response, Regina backed off and sheathed her sword. She pushed down the surge of rage, and took a few steps back. "I apologize, there was a man by that name, but from the village of Kush. He took something very dear to me." She said in response. While she did not want to tell him all the details, she felt she owed him that much, seeing as she had just threatened his life. Turning abruptly, Regina walked back to where Fen was sitting, pausing to look over her shoulder. "To answer your question, my nameis Regina." She added. With that, she checked to see if her new friend was okay.

Apollo let out a sigh of relief as the sword was withdrawn and sheathed. He looked at her when she explained her actions and gave her a soft smile, "I understand." He stood then and nodded to show that he had heard her name, "Regina. That's a very pretty name." He said. He walked over to the other woman and looked at her, "Are you feeling better?" He asked.​

Regina scowled at Apollo. Although he seemed nice enough, he just wouldn't go away. Regina remained silent. She left it to Fenikkusu to do the rest of the talking. Noticing the scar on Fen's arm, Regina frowned. The healing should have healed that as well. "You okay? Is that causing you any pain?" She asked her friend, pointing to the arm with the scar on it.

It had all happened so suddenly. Regina's blade was at his throat and was demanding where he was from. Fen could almost feel her pain as she turned to look at them as she backed him up against a wall. "Regina please..." Her voice was still a little bit weak and she wasn't sure whether or not she had heard her.

It was over nearly as soon as it had started and Regina, looking quite upset with herself apologised to him. "Regina..." She mumbled, feeling sorry for her. She obviously had something very painful she was dealing with. Apollo introduced himelf as he walked over to her and her new friend who had rejoined her. "Are you feeling better?" She looked up at him, her head still a bit dizzy. She smiled and nodded slightly.

Regina's attention however was on her left arm, the one that beared her scar. "You okay?..." Fen couldn't bring herself to look at her friend and thus kept looking up at Apollo. "I'm Fen in case you were wondering." Her smile faded slightly as she spoke, her arm moving up in an attempt to cover up her scar.

Regina felt embarrassed as she saw Fen trying to cover the scar. She squeezed her shoulder in apology, and pulled out a pair of long white gloves, offering them to her new friend. She wasn't sure what to do in these situations, and always said the wrong things. "I'll tell you later." She whispered, knowing she had seen the entire thing with Apollo. "How's your head? Any dizziness?" She asked, not sure what to say, so she stuck with what she knew. "Are you okay?" She asked again, it suddenly dawning that a mind can only take so much, there could very well be some mental or emotional issue that she hadn't thought of.

"I feel... A little lightheaded..." She admitted, taking the glives off her friend and putting them on. She smiled weakly when the just covered her scar. "Really, i am fine." She looked up at Regina, her face filled with worry or concern or... She wasn't good with reading people.

She was curious about what had happened previously with Apollo but was reassured when Regina told her she would explain it later. I hope you are OK...

Reginana smiled encouragingly. "That's normal. An after effect of the healing." She said. The worry and concern on Fen's face silently asked if she was okay. Nodding slightly, Regina's stomach growled embarrassingly loud. Dueling always made her ravenous. While she didn't want to go back in the mess hall with everyone, that was the only place with food. "Why don't we go get some food?" She suggested. "There's a a nice spot for a 'picnic' over by the pond."

Looking at Apollo, Regina glared. He just didn't know when to leave. She was still a tad bit reluctant to trust Fen, there was no way she was trusting him as well. One friend is good enough for ber.

((*her comp is inthe shop for 3 weeks, will have to use my kindle until then.))

Apollo looked at the woman and gave her a soft smile, "Fen. That's an interesting name." He looked at back at Regina with a weird look. She obviously didn't like him. Regina looked at the the other woman, and asked if she was okay. Apollo stepped away from Regina and wondered if he should go. It was obvious there was trust issues, but at the same time, he wanted to know more about why Regina attacked him.​

Regina saw Apollo start backing off. It was about time he got a clue. But he was an intriguing character, what with having only one glove on, and helping complete strangers. He did help her to heal Fen, so curiosity took over. "Why don't you go get us all some food?" She suggested. No doubt he wanted to know more about why he attacked him, but there was no way that was going to happen. She wanted yo know more about him, and her new friend for that matter.

Apollo looked at her when she suggested that he go get some food. He nodded, realizing that Regina probably wanted to be alone with Fen to make sure that she really was okay. "Alright. Be right back then." He took off. He headed towards the mess hall. He wasn't really sure what they liked, but he was sure that he could find something. Walking, he realized that the others were still in the mess hall. He made his way back to the line, only to get an evil look from the cook. He just kept about his business and gathered some food.

Regina smiled as he walked away. Looking at Fen, Regina said "I'm going to tell you something. Something I haven't ever told someone before. So, please keep this between us." Seeing her nod her agreement She started her story.

"Four years ago, a young man and I met, he had just saved my life. We became the best the best of friends." As she talked, a smile worked its way accross her face. We slowly fell in love. Corinth was the most beautiful, honest man I've ever met. A year later we were married. We had a happy life, He worked, I kept up the house. He is the one who trained me to use a sword. Two years ago, I went to visit my mother in the neighboring town while he worked. In the middle of the night, there was someone poundind on the door. I answered it with bladedrawn. There was a little boy from my town standing there. He told me he had run through most of the night to tell me..." she trailed off, the memory getting the best of her. She took several deep breaths and continued. "There had been a break in. Someone had broken in and was lying in wait for him when he least expected it. He had been run through by his own sword. I borrowed a horse from the neighbor and raced home to be with him. By the time I got there fever had set in, the doc said there was nothing he could do. Corinth had hours. I stayed with him. Holding his hand, I talked about the beautiful children we would have, how we could go home and relax. In his last few minutes, he was conscious. He said my name, and I lost it. I couldn't imagine life without him. I hugged him and he said he would always be withme, and not be sad. That the best part of his life had been the time he got to spend with me. The last thing he ever said to me was 'I love you.' His last breath came right after the last word. I lost it. I screamed, and vowed I would find his murderer and get my revenge.

There was a man suspected. His name was also Apollo, I have been hunting him ever since. That is why I attacked that man." She finished. By the end, tears were running freely down her cheeks. She hadn't ever talked about him, it was too painful. Looking up into her friends face she said "I thought you had a right to know..."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
(Got teary eyed reading that)
Fen looked up at her friend as she spoke, giving her a small nod. Her story was awful, gilled with hate and sadness that even Fen, watching her friends face grow grimmer, got a tear in her eye. She reached her hand up, placing it on her arm as her story came to an end and her tears streaked down her red cheeks. "Regina i had no idea... I-I wish i could help..." She imediately thiugh if Apollo and how he must be feeling. "Are you going to tell him?" She asked slowly, unsure whether or not she would be up to telling the story again.

Reactions: Bitterblue
Status
Not open for further replies.