Blade Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fen opened her mouth to speak as a wave of wind hit her, making her stumble backwards. She looked over at the person who spoke, not having noticed him before. "How annoying..." She mumbled, looking over at Regina. "Lets take this outside?" She suggested, not really wanting to draw anymore attention to herself. Fen gathered her books and began to make her way to the large doors.

Looking at the big man Regina snarled, drawing too much attention to yourself could be deadly in a crowd like this. Turning, she followed Fen out the doors. Looking around, she noticed a small pond, and a fountain nearby. All to her advantage. Smiling to herself, she drew Nimueh from her sheath, the sound of steel being drawn filled the air. Nimueh was an extension of her arm, perfectly balanced. She felt power ripple through her, as she and Nimueh connected to her element.
She enjoyed dueling, it was the biggest thrill besides being in an actual battle. She had dueled many fire elementals, and they had all been amateurs, the flames going out of control. She hoped Fen was better, giving her a real challenge. She hadn't had a real challenge of a duel in a long time. Getting in the ready position, Regina looked at Fenikkusu. "Ready when you are, dear heart."

She stood there for a moment, studying Regina's movements as she grew her blade. Her mind filled with the books she had read, the information of water elements. Her eyes flickered shut as she drew her own blade, connecting with it. "Yūdokuna Honō." She whispered his name as she opened her eyes and widened her stance, her eyes never leaving her opponent. She could feel it now, her power surging within her being, coursing through her veins. She smirked at the woman before making her move, their blades clashing, creating sparks that landed on Regina's hands, mildly burning at her skin.

Grinning, Regina feinted left and thrust towards her opponents right hip managing to rip a tad into her skin. Feeling her blade bite into skin, Regina pushed harder, refusing to use her element before her opponent. Measuring up her opponents swordsmanship was an old habit, one that has served her well. The sparks created slightly burned her skin, but not enough to hurt. She slowly started to lead the fight towards the small pond a few yards back, getting more and more determined with every stroke of their blades.

Fen winced as Nimueh cut through her flesh. The blood began to immediately pool in the wound before trickling down her hip and thigh. She jumped back, putting her weight on her left leg. She grinned at Regina. She was impressed, obviously having more physical training then herself but she wouldn't back down because of a small cut. She leaped forward again, their blades clashing once more as she pushed hard against her opponents blade before dragging her blade up to the point. Sparks flew in every direction burning anything it came in contact with. She dragged her blade of the tip of Regina's and sliced into her upper left arm. She tried to make it as shallow as possible but enough to bleed. She stepped around her as she did so, ending up behind her and jumping back as she panted slowly.

Regina grimaced as she felt the burning sensation of metal entering her skin. Jumping back, Regina went on the defense. Regina smiled. "Well Done!" she said as she leaped forward once more, the sound of steel meeting steel filling the air. After several more clashes and wounds for both of the women, they paused slightly. She had obviously had some training, but her defense was a little slow. Taking advantage of this, she continued with a set of fast moving offense moves, causing Fen to become unbalanced. Suddenly, Regina swiped down and swatted Fen's legs with the flat of her blade, successfully pushing her legs out from under her. Before she could recover, Regina's blade was at her throat. "Well done! Very good swordsmanship. I haven't had a decent challenge in a long time. Shall we commence with our elements?" she asked.
As she talked, she called on Nimueh to heal the cut in her arm. She looked into Fen's eyes as the wound healed and closed in front of her eyes.

Last edited:
Fen's eyes were filled with fear as her blade contacted with Regina's, her movements fast. After that it was all a blur. She fell, or was it Regina? Either way Nimueh was at her throat. She didn't really understand her words as she spoke. "Elements?" She pushed herself up in a sitting position as she rubbed the back of her head. Regina had healed the wound that Yūdokuna Honō had inflicted. "Such power..." She mumbled, in awe of Nimueh's healing capabilities. "It is truly an honour." She crossed her legs and closed her eyes as Yūdokuna Honō lay flat on her palms. The steel of the blade began to grow warm, her power surging through weapon and wielder. Her blade suddenly combusted, blue flames danced over the steel. The fire didn't burn her, she had had much practice controlling her own fire this way. She grabbed the hilt of her blade and rose to face her opponent. "Now i believe it is your turn."

"I have two question for you if you don't mind. The first, out of everyone why approach me when you could obviously feel my cold, some would say primal, aura? And the second, what is a 'normal-er?"

Beau looked over at him, breaking herself from her thoughts and slipping two more cherries into her mouth. "Oh. Well, I find it advantageous to make acquaintances with as many people as I can... Making pacts with more colder or crueler people can benefit, but if you decided to break the pact and possibly go against me, then it can backfire as well." She explained softly, shrugging in an nonchalant manner. She cleared her throat at the second question, her tail patting her hands and she began to nervously stroke it. "... I-It's just a name for other people who are relatively normal." It was apparent that she was embarrassed, she really didn't think about her nicknames for people well. She covered her left eye with her hand, sighing.

Regina chuckled. "It has been my honor as well, you fought well, Fenikkusu." She replied. Seeing Yūdokuna Honō burst into blue flames, she raised an eyebrow. This was going to get interesting. She sheathed Nimueh and smiled. "First things first." She replied. Walking up to Fen, she said "This may sting a little." Laying a hand on the wound that Nimueh had inflicted, and her other hand still on the hilt of Nimueh, she murmured to Nimueh, the wounds that she had inflicted on Fen were healed and closed. Stepping back, she drew Nimueh again. As she called for water, the power surging through her strengthened ever more. Since the pond was right behind her, the effect was spectacular. Raising both her arms, the water rose in a wall behind her. She loved this part. "Ready?" she said with a grin. "Let's dance!" She randomly yelled, just for effect.

Last edited:
She took controlled breaths as her wound was healed. It stung but it was soothing, a strange combernation of the two. She nodded in thanks as Regina put some distance between the two and summoned her element. Her blade still drawn she increased her power within it, causing the blue flame encasing it to grow. The heat from it caused nearby plants to wither and water to bubble. She gad no time to admire the strength of her opponents element, all she had to do was prove herself, to win. Gripping Yūdokuna Honō with both hands she stood awaiting Regina to make the first move.

Grinning Regina made her move. The fact that the water was now boiling was great. She started twirling her sword, and the water turned with her, turning into a cyclone. The cyclone picked up speed and sped towards Fenikkusu. She would save the best for last. Calling more water, she started 'throwing' balls of water at her so fast, the impact would feel terrible. She could see the tension in Fen's eyes. This could be good or bad thing for her. Tension means slow movement, but it could also mean concentration. This was about to get very interesting very fast.

Guan hmm'd for a moment before he drank the rest of his milk. That wasn't the hardest question ever, but the answer was "it depends". He decided to just try to explain that. "I suppose there are two answers to that, truthfully. If you want to know how long I've been wielding this blade in particular, then it would be...oh, close to 17 and a half years now. I don't mind telling you that it is, by far, the best blade I've ever wielded. However, if you want to know how long I've been training in swordsmanship as a whole, then it's been about 31 years since I first began studying the art. I would judge my skill level to be...experienced, I suppose. I still have far too much to learn to call myself a master, or even an expert, however."

He looked at the two women that were apparently about to fight. Oh, that sounded interesting. He rather wanted to watch it. He turned back to Bara as his smile turned apologetic. "Excuse me, but I rather wish to see this. You are, of course, welcome to join me. If nothing else, it would be interesting to learn how our...'classmates' fight, would it not?" If Bara decided to watch as well, Guan's smile returned to its usual cheerfulness. If she declined, then he gave a small bow and followed the combatants out of the hall.

He watched with interest as they traveled to a courtyard and took their places opposite each other. Unlike Apollo, Guan had no qualms with watching a match he wasn't invited to watch. Besides, he had no intention of interfering. Whether this was a friendly spar or a true duel, it wasn't his place to interrupt their battle...unless one of them went too far, of course. His gaze became hawk-like as the battle began, the red-haired woman quickly receiving the first injury. Her opponents offensive was unrelenting, but she quickly made her pay for it with a cut to the arm.

A cut that was soon healed. Interesting, and rather revealing. Guan had only ever been able to fight a few water elementals, and of those only a handful could heal themselves. The red-haired one then ignited her blade, revealing her element. Another fire elemental? How nice. He nodded in approval when Ms. Water healed Ms. Fire's wound. It was good to see that she was honorable; it meant that it was less likely he'd have to cut her potential short. As Ms. Water took control of the ponds water (and thus confirmed her element), Ms. Fire increased the intensity of her flames. They were giving off a good temperature. He watched carefully as Ms. Water struck. How Ms. Fire reacted to this would determine the flow of the match, if not decide the outcome outright.

Her eyes widened as the cyclone began to twist, steam escaping from the water and floating up towards the sky. She had to put even more energy into her blade as it emitted her power into flames. The water formed in almost perfect orbs and were flung towards her, making her dodge quickly, swinging her blade at some which, upon contact burst into steam, evaporating. She smirked as she grew ever closer to Regina, swinging her blade at the orbs of water then finally bringing it down on the water of the cyclone. She squeezed her eyes closed as she screamed, the boiling water scolding her skin. Steam surrounded them, making it impossible to see past an arms length. The screams echoed through the tick mist before a deadly silence fell over the two and the mist lifted. Fen lay motionless on her side, her eyes closed and her breaths shallow. She wasn't dying, no. Just sleeping from the incredible amount of energy she expelled to evaporate the cyclone. The palms of her hands were scared from her blades fire. She was powerful yes, but not nearly as experienced enough to control it.

Apollo had made his way outside with the women as they faced each other. His excitement started to grow as he waited for them to begin. Once they began, he noticed that they were just clashing metal against metal-- no elements. He was interested still though, seeing as though one of the women was skilled and the other was strong. They both put up a good fight, but in the end it was the skilled one that came out on top. Then, right before his eyes, the other woman's wounds were healing. Apollo smiled at this. Was this an element perk?

The women seemed to switch gear and the elements came out. Watching the one that was previously beaten, his smile grew wider when he realized that she too, could wield fire. "Alright. This is going to be interesting." He said to himself. His smile turned more open when the other woman then demostrated the power of water by making the pond circle around her like a cyclone. Things really were interesting, and these two women were strong. He reached back and made sure that this sword was still in the sheath that was strapped to his back. It had become a habit of his to check.

He kept watching, intrigued all the same. Then, it was over in a flash as the water woman won. He stood, and clapped, "Very impressive. You're both very strong."

Hearing Fen's scream Regina sheathed Nimueh, a look of triumph, with some concern filled her face. When the mist lifted, the triumph disappeared and concern quickly took its place. That much heat could definitely kill a person. She quickly ran over to Fen. Checking her pulse she felt a faint beat. She had not meant to inflict so much pain, but the girl had done the opposite of what Regina had thought. Regina had expected her to jump out of the way, the same as every other fire elemental she'd dueled. Drawing Nimueh, Regina placed the flat of it on Fen's stomach. That being done, she placed a hand on Fen's forehead, and one on her stomach, grasping Nimueh's hilt. "This is going to hurt, a lot." She whispered. The bigger the wound, the sharper it stung. She looked at the observer. "Hold her down if she starts flailing; this is going to cause severe pain." She said. When the man complied she began her work. Healing full body burns were a lot of work. She began at her feet and worked her way up, also checking for internal injuries. The reason it hurt so much was because she was killing all the germs and nasty stuff that had entered the wound. The burns and bruises slowly healed, leaving fresh pink skin behind. The work was all done 20 minutes later. Regina sat back and took several deep breaths. Healing was exhausting. She sheathed Nimueh, and sat nearby, waiting for the girl to wake up.

Apollo then looked at the woman who had lost and his expression changed to that of worry. He quickly went over to her and did as the water Blade Master said. He held her down and hoped that everything was going to be okay.

20 minutes later and the work was done. "Will she be okay?" He asked, hoping that this little duel didn't cause permanent damage.​

Looking at the guy, Regina replied "She should be. I healed everything that needed healing." She turned away, not interested in talking. Talking required too much energy at the moment. Both Regina and Fenikkusu had spent an enormous amount of energy. She rested her head against a tree trunk, waiting for the girl to awaken.

(Sorry guys, on my tablet since my computer has decided to crash.)

"This is going to hurt, a lot." The voice was soft and filled with concern. Regina is that you? Where are you? What happened? A sharp pain drew her back, her unconcious body awake once more. The pain was almost undescribable. She tried to push her away to stop her but Fen's wrists were held by someone. Who was he? She begged and pleaded for her to stop as the pain grew, flailing her arms and legs in an attempt to stop Regina from hurting her further. She didn't really understand what was happening, her mind going in and out of conciousness from the pain.

It seemed like forever before the pain vanished and her eyes fluttered open. A weak smile crossed her face as she saw her new friend. "W-What happened? Did i win?" The fact Regina looked well and she was lying on the ground told her she had lost. That's why i am here. She just hoped Regina was not the one to rub salt in her wound.

Regina smiled. "You did the unexpected." She replied. "Most people would have dodged that cyclone. But you, you are one of the bravest people I've met. You faced it head-on, suffering the burns it caused. I never intended to inflict that much pain. I apologize." She said, head down a bit. "The healing was what causedthe amoint of pain you felt for the past several minutes. Wounds that extensive take a long time to heal, and its far from pleasant." She added, looking Fenikkusu in the eye. "I hope we can become friends?" She asked, a cautious gleam in her eyes.

"Oh. Well, I find it advantageous to make acquaintances with as many people as I can... Making pacts with more colder or crueler people can benefit, but if you decided to break the pact and possibly go against me, then it can backfire as well."

Akira said nothing, people had their own ideas and beliefs they followed and he knew it wasn't his place to say otherwise. When the air current swept around the room it did not come close to him or the woman he sat with because an electric current had been created and pushed the air in another direction, though he said nothing and kept his gaze on her. Though the Wind Elemental was pissing him off he showed no sign of it and yawned. He easily noticed his second question had made her nervous and when she finished he cracked his neck then rested his arms atop the table. "I wouldn't put myself in the category of 'relatively normal'," he tried an attempt at joking to try and her attention away from being embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.