Blade Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing quite well, thank you for asking." The man ate a few grapes, Bara nodded her head slightly upon receiving the thanks. "To tell you the truth, I'm a bit excited. I must admit that I always enjoy learning new things about swordsmanship."

So this man had a thirst for knowledge as well? Perhaps she and this man could learn how to get along.

The rosy haired girl had always had a thirst for knowledge ever since she had learned to read. Whether it be elemental or swordsman techniques to everyday facts, Bara had a great infatuation with learning about new things. The man before her seemed to take in the same amount of interest when it came to obtaining brand new information. At least they had something in common and it would not end with an argument or an awkward silence. The man took a sip of his milk before his gaze went to something below the table. She probably guessed it was his blade, since it was common for swordsmen to have their swords sheathed and hanging on their backs or hips. The young woman took advantage of the moment of silence by placing more berries into her mouth.

The mess hall doors opened once more to reveal another arrival. She possessed long raven hair that was tied up into a high ponytail with a red hairband. Her bangs swept to the side over her dark brown eyes that seemed to glare at everyone else within the room. Bara's crimson eyes brought their gaze back down so she didn't have to look at the woman anymore. She appeared to be one of those leader types, or one of those to mentally pick out who was the weakest and the strongest so she could selectively choose who to ally with. Whatever the case, Bara made a mental note to stay away from her. Her crimson gaze returned its attention back to Guan, who turned back to her.

"If I may ask, why are you here?" The older man asked of her.

Bara quickly swallowed the berries she was chewing so she could answer him,
"I am here to become stronger with both my sword and element. My parents want me to become stronger so I may take on their line of work. However, the sword as well as the element itself interest me; I would also like to learn what I can about them including other techniques I do not already know."

Guan's smile grew a bit as he listened to Bara's answer. So she was like him, in at least this respect. Wonderful! It was always nice to run into a kindred spirit. The part about her parents worried him a tad, but she also apparently had a burning passion for learning, which was something that he could most definitely empathize with. "Then it appears we are here for much the same reason; I too wish to learn all I can about my sword and affinity, and new techniques would certainly be a thrill to master." He took another sip of his milk. "How nice. It is always pleasant to meet a like-minded individual. I do hope we can be friends in the coming days."

He ate some more grapes as he once more slipped into thought. Bara's desire to learn was admirable, but he wondered if her parents wishes were her own. If they were not, then that was certainly a problem. A warrior cannot survive for long on borrowed ideals, after all. If she wished to continue on walking through the battlefield, she'd need to find her own reason for being there. He rather hoped she already had one. He found himself liking the young lady, and he would rather her potential not be cut short. What a waste that would be.

He ate yet another grape before speaking again.
"If you don't mind me asking, may I have the honor of knowing your element? I'm a wielder of flame, myself."

"Pathetic, an elemental that loses his temper in an instant is nothing but a weak link to the rest. We were not given these powers to use them every time we throw a tantrum,"

Beau was highly interested now, oh yes, this was becoming something. The tailed girl rubbed her arms quickly from the blizzard that was included with his growling tone, silently giving the other a sign that it was 'cold'. The blood chilling dread didn't leave as it shifted to the fear of feeling her curiosity level plowing through the roof. Well, currently, she only had a few questions, but once she asked one, there was no end to it. I have to be careful, I don't want to be disregarded if I pluck the wrong strings. She drummed her nails against the table, making a small, simplistic beat. Noticing another come in, a beautiful woman with dark hair tied back firmly who began to chat to another with a book. The earth elemental turned her bull-darted gaze back to the male who began to explain his elemental brilliance; She chose to ignore the charming laugh as well.

She watched the other take a cherry, pulling the pair of seeds from her mouth to make them spin and chase one another in a circle in front of her.
"Different types of lightning?" Beau murmured without looking at the other. She seemed to be deep in thought, her eyebrows wrinkling. Without looking at the man next to her, she delicately pressing the side of her fist to her opened palm in realization. "Ah. Amazing. You're amazing." She started gently, closing her eyes.

"Are you sure you are not part Ice elemental? I have never heard such an unfitting laugh from some one who looks like he can turn lava into frost with a glare!"
Beau chimed, holding her chin and nodding. "Smart man, you have attacked me when my guard wasn't up! What do normal-er's call this type of sudden strike?--Ah! A run and hit! I would like to hear much more giggles from you." She gave about four more rapid nods, oblivious that the proper term was 'Hit and run', not 'Run and hit'. "I shall try really bad puns! normal-er's like those, right?" The earth elemental was looking off, talking more to herself than the other. "I'll add lightning puns, yes, yes, vomit-worthy comedic statements with the strength and shock of electricity!"

Beau was one-hundred percent serious about doing this. No. She was not joking, she actually considered this a important mission.

Regina gave Fenikkusu a small genuine smile. Sitting next to Fen, she looked at the books. "I never learned how to read. I've always wanted to though." She stated. She hesitates slightly, not sure how much to reveal of herself. She hadn't even met this girl properly. "Which blades are you learning about?"Regina looks at her with genuine curiosity.

The older man's smile appeared to grow a bit after she answered his question, "Then it appears we are here for much the same reason; I too wish to learn all I can about my sword and affinity, and new techniques would certainly be a thrill to master." The man took a sip of his milk, "How nice. It is always pleasant to meet a like-minded individual. I do hope we can be friends in the coming days."

The corners of Bara's lips tugged at the man's words. Already she was beginning to make a friend at what she thought was going to result in her being an outcast. The thirst for knowledge he possessed was just as great as her own. He seemed to know the wisdom and great ideals of every highly trained and experienced swordsman. Perhaps he would one day be kind enough to share the experience and knowledge he had gained over time? Bara had taken a sip of her drink before placing a few more berries within her mouth. She silently chewed and swallowed before the man had begun to ask her another question.

"If you don't mind me asking, may I have the honor of knowing your element? I'm a wielder of flame, myself."

A wielder of fire? Just like her mother! Although she had watched her mother experience the element, Bara herself had never really understood the different graces that came within the two. The wind could range anywhere whether it be strength or temperature. Fire, on the other hand, will cause pain even with the slightest and smallest of flames. When it came to the element, if it was uncontrolled it would lead to horrific disasters.

"I am a wielder of wind sir. You possess the same element as my mother, and I am curious of the element itself. According to my mother, the element is much more barbaric and unstable when one does not master it correctly. Its power is capable to harm the wielder themselves as well as those surrounding them. Is it a possibility that the element could cause harm on the dermis of the skin or within the body if the wielder attempts to perform a technique that requires much more experience than said wielder has?"

She slid a few of her books across the table to her new acquaintance as she sat down next to her. She seemed OK so far. "I never learnt to read..." She sounded a little hesitant as she said it. "I could teach you some time?" Fen offered, a smile crossed her face as she looked over to Regina then back at her books. "I'm learning about how the blades that wield fire transform into lightning, though it is very vague at the moment..." She closed the book infront of her and rested her palms on top of it.

Regina's eyes lit up. "Really? I would like that!" she exclaimed. What the heck, this girl was nice. "Fenikkusu, right? That's a really cool name, if you don't mind me saying so." Looking down at the books she had placed in front of her, she looked at the picture on the front. "I have always been interested in the fire elemental myself, seeing as it's the opposite of mine. I'm a water, may I ask what your element is?" She asked all at once. Nervousness may have gotten hold of her.

Guan took another sip of his milk as he considered her words. "'Barbaric', hm? While I'm not sure I would use that term, there is an unfortunate amount of truth to it. Fire, if not properly tempered, can be very dangerous indeed. An uncontrolled flame can devour friend, foe, and wielder alike. It is rather indiscriminate when mishandled, and it can spread just as easily as natural fire, if not more so. So control is paramount to...less hazardous use."

He paused for a moment, taking another sip as he thought. "As for your question, the answer is yes. If a practitioner of fire tries to use a technique well beyond their ability, they will undoubtedly burn themselves, whether by the heat or the flame itself. Indeed, in one of the worst case scenarios, they may even set the fats in their body ablaze, and thus burn to death from the inside out." He drank a bit more milk before continuing. "However, I doubt such things are limited to just fire elementals. Any technique may be extremely hazardous when mishandled. After all, one can drown in water, or be cut by wind, or be crushed by stone. All elements are extremely deadly in their own rights, and I imagine that mishandling them would be equally as dangerous as mishandling fire."

Yet another sip of his milk. He couldn't help it; they just served really good milk here. "All in all, I would advise that you don't try to use a technique until you know you can pull it off. Perhaps practice the motions first, and then add the element in a bit at a time. Trying to use a technique you simply aren't ready for is only excusable if it is an act of desperation. Otherwise, a warrior should really know better. It is important to know your limits, so that you may know how to surpass them."

She nodded at Regina as she asked her questions, her smile still present on her face. "Thank you. It means 'Phoenix', which also answers your question on what my element is." She was warming to Regina. She seemed a bit blunt and rude at first but now Fen saw a better side of her. "Fire and water?" She pondered the thought for a moment. "Now that would be an interesting battle."

Regina gave Fenikkusu a genuine smile, she could see them becoming somewhat friends in the near future. Chuckling, Regina answered "It would indeed. I have to place my bets on water though." she said with a sly smile on her face. Regina didn't know what was going on, she didn't know if she should trust her, but it seems she was. It would be a hesitant trust, very hesitant. She debated whether to ask Fen if she would like some training. Water elementals are very rare, and not much is known about them, after all. Although, she kind of liked it that way. She liked her powers to be a surprise when she had to battle someone. She didn't want them to know she could drown them standing up. "What do you think?" she asked.
Randomly, Regina reached down to feel the familiar hilt of her sword. She enjoyed the comfort and unity of having Nimhueh close. Nimueh gave her the ability to heal, as well as to hurt. It was also as if her blade had a consciousness of it's own, and they could somehow communicate through touch. She felt power spread through her at the touch of cold metal on skin. She grinned. She didn't mean to look rude, it was just force of habit to reach down to feel her sword was still there. She didn't know what she would do if she were ever to lose her blade. It's like the two were one, like the blade spoke to her. Her blade was practically her only friend in this world, and she could not bear to lose her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apollo noticed once again that the noise level was growing, and as he looked around the mess hall he could see that everyone had found someone to talk to. He was happy for this. Sure, he didn't have anyone to talk to; but it didn't bother him all that much. Just made him feel like he was back home. It was then that his hand hurt again. He looked at this gloved hand and swore as he saw a trickle of blood run down his arm. He stood and headed over to the bathroom areas. He entered the bathroom and took off the glove to reveal what lay underneath. The tip of his sword--imprisioned in his hand. It bled sometimes, but it could never come out.

That was what his father wanted. His father--jealous hypocrite. Jealous that his son could wield a sword with the power of fire. Could wield it with talent and intergrity. So what does he do? Breaks the tip off impales it into Apollo's hand, hoping to break the connection between sword and Blade Master. "You were so wrong, father." Apollo said to to himself with a smile. It only made the bond stronger. He held his hand up, and a small flame burst into his palm. The tip of the sword was able to render him that ability--but it wasn't strong. The Blade he possessed was powerful without the tip, but when they were put together; That was how the blade's true potential was found. It gave him extraordinary power and strength. Putting them together was painful as Apollo had to wedge the tip that was underneath his skin into the broken crook of the blade. That was how it had gotten it's name though. Pheonyx was etched onto the golden plague on the hilt.

After he cleaned himself up, he walked back out and threw away his food, watching everyone. He leaned against the wall now, regloving his hand.​

Fen raised her eyebrows as Regina said water would be her choice for the win. "They all say that but there is only one way to find out." She smirked at her as they both challenged each other. She was almost positive that her and Yūdokuna Honō could take her on, even if she did wield water. Fen was basically a walking text book, she had read almost every book ever written on every element but the downside to this is she hadn't had much training experience. Her overconfidence would be her undoing one day.

She rose from her chair and slammed her hand down on the table. "I accept!" She continued to smirk as she stood over Regina.

Oh dear what have i gotten myself into this time...?

Akira observed the young woman like a curious feline would when it saw something that caught its interest, oddly he didn't feel the urge to draw his sword and behead her. "Ah. Amazing. You're amazing." At that comment Akira gave her a questioning look, he's wasn't amazing; it was probably a stroke of luck out of anything he started as a Lightning Elemental. Akira rubbed his chin as he pondered the next thing she said before sighing, "I guess it could be possible, both my parents were Ice Elementals. Though if I am, I can't do much besides giving cold looks and lowering the temperature around me," he laid his arm back down on the table, could it be possible that he was? He heard of legends and myths but those certainly those couldn't be true...right? When she continued talking he went back into a staid expression as he listened to what she said carefully watching her motions and formulating a response in his head.

The last part of her sentence almost enticed another laugh out of him but he easily forced it back down before cracking his shoulder. "I have two question for you if you don't mind. The first, out of everyone why approach me when you could obviously feel my cold, some would say primal, aura? And the second, what is a 'normal-er?" He heard someone slam their hand down on a table but merely ignored to look at the source.

Regina raised an eyebrow. "Alrighty then, what's a bit of fun between acquaintances?" she replied, standing up to look her in the eye. "To be honest, I didn't mean it to be a challenge, just offering my honest opinion." She stated with a chuckle. "Outside? Or in here?" She saw the smirk forming on Fen's face, and one rose on hers to meet it. Fen was too overconfident, this could possibly be her undoing. Looks like they were to train together after all. Aware of eyes around the room staring, her voice raised slightly, "We play this by the books?"

Guan took another quick sip of his drink, Bara copying him as he began looking for his correct words, "'Barbaric', hm? While I'm not sure I would use that term, there is an unfortunate amount of truth to it. Fire, if not properly tempered, can be very dangerous indeed. An uncontrolled flame can devour friend, foe, and wielder alike. It is rather indiscriminate when mishandled, and it can spread just as easily as natural fire, if not more so. So control is paramount to...less hazardous use."

Bara's full attention was on his words, placing her cup down as she listened closely, "As for your question, the answer is yes. If a practitioner of fire tries to use a technique well beyond their ability, they will undoubtedly burn themselves, whether by the heat or the flame itself. Indeed, in one of the worst case scenarios, they may even set the fats in their body ablaze, and thus burn to death from the inside out." He drank more of his drink before continuing, "However, I doubt such things are limited to just fire elementals. Any technique may be extremely hazardous when mishandled. After all, one can drown in water, or be cut by wind, or be crushed by stone. All elements are extremely deadly in their own rights, and I imagine that mishandling them would be equally as dangerous as mishandling fire."

Slender fingers moved up and away rosy strands of hair out of her face. She was absorbing every word like a sponge as she nodded her head slightly in understandment.

'So if the wielder of the flames tried to perform a technique that is much beyond their limit; then they are in a huge risk of burning not just their skin but the adipose that lies within their bodies. Since the adipose lies outside the cavities of the human body, it would set the whole user on fire and instantly kill them. Interesting.. perhaps this is why mother kept injuring herself so often? Performing techniques that were out of her limits?' Bara asked herself as she brought her attention back to the man in front of her.

The man took yet another sip of his drink, the rose haired woman taking in more berries into her mouth before silently chewing, "All in all, I would advise that you don't try to use a technique until you know you can pull it off. Perhaps practice the motions first, and then add the element in a bit at a time. Trying to use a technique you simply aren't ready for is only excusable if it is an act of desperation. Otherwise, a warrior should really know better. It is important to know your limits, so that you may know how to surpass them."

The young woman nodded at his words, swallowing the berries she had chewed, "I am aware that there were dangers and risks to come if I attempt a technique that is much beyond my limits. I was just not aware how horrid the results could be if the attempt was a huge failure. Another question, if I may ask; How long have you been wielding the sword of yours? I only wish to have an idea of the amount of skill you may possess."

Apollo looked up when suddenly someone shouted an acceptance to a challenge. He tilted his head and looked to see that two women were now standing, planning what seems to be a duel. He smiled and made his way over to them, "A duel I hear? May I watch?" He asked. He wondered what their elements were. It was then that he had gotten the urge to fight as well, but he knew that this duel was not with him. It didn't seem like a fight of power or strength either--at least that is not what he got from it. More like a friendly fight to test each other.​

Looking over at the newcomer, Regina smirked. "If you wish, but don't intervene." she replied coldly. Looking back at Fenikkusu, she smiled a sly smile. She had several tricks up her sleeve. Not many books were out there about water elementals, and some of her abilities have never been recorded. She looked around and noticed people staring. She hadn't thought this through. She'll be displaying her power to everyone. So much for the element of surprise. Although...an idea struck her. What if fire and water were to work together in a duel? Water and fire against each other was dangerous enough, but working together? That would be deadly. Regina decided to suggest this after the friendly duel was over, so she could measure Fenikkusu's talent with her elemental.

Apollo nodded in agreement that he wouldn't intervene. The stares around the room made things a bit more interesting. He took a seat, waiting for them to either move outside or to start. He was excited now. To see what elements these woman possessed.​

The twins eyed him carefully before a bright smiled adorned the female twin while a small smirk began to pull up the corner of Long-Wei's lips in addition Lan-Ying's smile. The two seemed happier at that, both of them visibly relaxing as they held their full attention on him. "One day, we will agree to a battle with you." He whispered, staring at his sword as his sister continued. "On that day you will have to face the two of us together though-""Because we are one despite our minor differences." They finished, staring over him with their much lighter expressions.

Gently, Lan-Ying grabbed a croissant, holding it carefully between her fingers before she bit into it as a scowl came to her lips. However, she continued to eat it despite her lack of interest in doing so because she would often 'skip'. Long-Wei would probably make her increase her training if she dared to pull that stunt once again. "So-" Long-Wei murmured, looking over at their newly acquainted friend before tilting his head. "-Mr.Jun'Hei, I must ask if you know anything about the missions...we are new to this place and to say the least we are...are..." Lan-ying, rolling her eyes interrupted, finishing her brother's sentence. "Confused! Lost!" With that, the two lightly glared at each other before returning to what they were focused on.

Jun'Hei slightly frowned at the duo disagreeing to his offer but it didn't matter too much. They said that they would fight at a later date but he would have to fight both at them at once since they were apparently 'one' being. He grinned at their proposal and was quite excited by their statement. Jun'Hei then watched Lan-Ying grab some food and he finally took notice to his own. What he looked at wasn't really to his liking and he wasn't that hungry anyways. The only food that he needed was hatred and he was pretty full on it right now due to the twins riling him up earlier. His attention went back to the two as Long-Wei asked if he knew anything about the missions and Lan-Ying stated that they were confused and lost. He looked to the ceiling with his arms crossed, finally pondering the fact that they were only eating.

Not one person or representative of Elemantium came to the new students to tell them about anything. Jun'Hei then looked himself up and down before grinning. His appearance was intimidating enough - to at least a few of the academy. He decided that he would make make some wind travel around the room once more. The mysterious man of the east unsheathed his blade, Aria, once more before walking to the center of the mess hall. With a grin on his face, he thrust his blade into the air, sending out a shock wave of wind in all directions towards all occupants of the mess hall.

"Everyone, I have an announcem-question! When are we going to get our first missions in this place?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.