Black Fall - Superhuman OOC (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, do you think I should just keep lazlo where he is and wait for someone to interact with him or should I make him interact with someone?

Nathan doesn't seem to have interacted with anyone yet. I think the two of them could maybe meet, if no one objects.

Just have to say that I am loving this RP ^^. I am happy we got it off the ground and I am really enjoying writing this out with everyone. :)

Glad you like it.

And if anyone wants to interact with the Termellios, letme know... hmmmm... perhaps everyone gets on one boat?

One boat sounds fun ^^.

Stuck on a boat with Jago and Newt....yeah...damn..xD

It'll be a great way to introduce a plot important NPC.

I'll make a post later on today.

Alright, I know this is the second time, but I changed Newt's power again. Sort of. I cut the blinking and expanded her super-system abilities to outright condition. She can still stealth, but at a nerfed degree.

Carry on.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was pretty busy.

Woah....this looks like it will be a great rp. I am going to start working on a character sheet so I can get in on this. :) It may be a while though because with this much detail needed, I'll need some time to think.

Woah....this looks like it will be a great rp. I am going to start working on a character sheet so I can get in on this. :) It may be a while though because with this much detail needed, I'll need some time to think.

Yay. I can help you with anything if you need me to.

Name: Sarah Brimshadow
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: about 115 pounds

Appearance

Hair color: brown with a deep scarlet streak that was dyed
Eye Color: one is green and the other is brown
Ethnicity: Greek
Physical Appearance: Sarah stands at a height of 5 feet and 3 inches with a weight around 115 pounds. She has a more lean build with some feminine curves to her. She has some muscle to her, mostly on her abdomen and upper arms. Her skin is actually rather pale, as she didn't acquire the olive skinned trait most people of Mediterranean descent received. She has brown hair that is layered and hangs about 3 inches under her shoulders. She has long, side swept bangs that are dyed a deep red and typically partially conceals her right eye, which is green. Some joke that her hair is alike to a lion's mane, just neater.
Sarah's ears are pierced in about three or four places on each ear. They are pierced with small silver studs and hoops. She has a detailed, grey furred wolf head tattooed in between her shoulder blades. She also has a tattoo of a black scaled oriental dragon that winds around her right arm with its head positioned on her shoulder.
The palms of her hands are scarred in a few places, as she loves to climb and has cut her hands on various crude hand holds when doing so. She also has a scar hidden on her inner thigh that is a carving into her skin that spells, "freak." She also has faint scars on her inner wrists.(These scar will be explained later in her bio)
Attire: She is almost always wearing a pair of black, skinny jeans or dark blue ripped jeans. Sarah can also rarely be found not wearing her black, leather combat boots. She also tends to wear various muscle t-shirts or dark colored graphic t-shirts and the occasional flannel. Around her neck usually sits a chain necklace with a guitar pick attached to it. She also usually wears black fingerless gloves for when she's planning on climbing.

Personality

Personality: Sarah is generally a bit shy, but when she gets to talking about a topic that interests her, it's difficult to get her to stop since she loves to rant, complain, and argue. She can have quite the temper at times, often with little warning in advance. She becomes defensive when anyone talks about her past. She usually acts way tougher than she is, though from her past she is quite hardened. Sometimes being around men makes her a bit apprehensive, as she suffered some mental trauma from almost being raped. Due to the death of her parents, she often suffers bouts of depression and suicidal urges.
Hobbies/Interests: She loves to read. She has been playing bass guitar for about three years and is pretty good at it. She dabbles on a bit of free running, but mostly just likes to climb. She has taken an interest in boxing and various martial arts and self defense since she was younger, and has been training in such techniques for quite some time now.
Skills/talents: Although she enjoys running, she has poor endurance when it comes to long distances. She also enjoys and partakes in training for various forms of combat and self defense. She excels at using jabs and quick self defense moves, but lacks the strength to wrestle or box.
Prized Possession: Her mother's locket can usually be found in her pocket.
Quote: (in response to being bullied) "Listen here, asshole. If I wanted to kill myself, I'd climb to the top of your ego and jump down to your iQ level."
Background: Sarah was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Not sure if this place exists in this rp, but if not, it is just a generic mildly sketchy city) She was raised in a small apartment in a sketchy part of the city. She had a brother named, Travis, a pet cat named Dragon, a father who worked in the steel industry, and a mother who worked odd jobs to feed her family.
Sarah was raised in a tough, relatively cold place with little time for childhood folly. Though from age 7, she loved to sneak out of the dreary brick apartment to play with other dingy city kids in the maze of back alleyways. The alleyways posed as an area for tag, finding some odd trash to build with, or trying to climb up to windows using the loose bricks as hand holds. Of course this wasn't a safe environment though. On occasion they had to run from drug dealers, drunks, mentally ill homeless people, and kidnappers.
She also learned a valuable lesson throughout her childhood, the world was cruel. From a young age she had learned to act tough, as weakness wasn't appreciated and was taken advantage of. Especially since older kids thought that beating up the smaller ones was a fun game and those kids stuck around in wolfish packs, sometimes chasing Sarah and her rag tag group of friends.
Sarah attended a big school that had grades 1-12. It was located in the city and was in walking distance from her apartment. Here she had a new battle. She became a target for bullies since day one due to the fact that she would openly develop crushes on other girls, instead of boys. The hallway was a war zone as she kept her head up even when the other kids shouted words like, "dyke", or "lesbo," as if the words were poison. In fourth grade older kids even began to target her. And when they shoved her into lockers or walls, she shoved back.
The day she crept back into the apartment with a black eye, her dad had signed her up for self defense class. Here she learned to defend herself, and sparring became one of her passions. She'd make runs to the library to check out books on fighting techniques and the other kids would make a game of trying to take them and throw them into the Allegheny River, resulting in a few dollars in library fees when the kids were successful.
Around age 13, she soon learned that she was sort of different. When she'd play with her cat, Dragon, she realized that sometimes, his meows sounded like actual words that she could understand. She even told her older brother, Travis, who was born two years before her. He said he just heard meows and that Sarah just had a good imagination.
She soon began to notice that dog barks and the squabble of pigeons began to make sense too. And one day, she even noticed in the mirror that if she focused really hard, her ears could raise and became shaped and angled like her cat's. She often tried to experiment by carefully studying her cat's looks and behaviors until she could do things like grow claws, change her eyes, or sprout some fur.
Then, at age 15, she was being bullied aggressively by a new group of goons. They soon realized that fighting didn't work against her, as she usually aggressively defended herself and ran away. But one day, they caught her unaware and the group overpowered her. They ended up attempting to rape her to "correct her gay behavior." In the process, the lead goon had taken a pocket knife and carved "freak," into her inner thigh as a "friendly reminder."
She tried to accept this fate and calm down, thinking back to a fantasy book she was reading. It had been about a dragon, as she loved the mythical creatures and even named her cat after one when she was only four years old.Oh she wished she had the might of a dragon to get her out of this. Well, upon natural instinct from her unknown abilities, she soon was granted scales, claws, horns, and even the reptilian snout and face. Terrified from the change, the bullies' shouts led to the police breaking in to see that Sarah was now a small dragon.
NEST officers were called in and took the frightened teen to one of their facilities for testing. They discovered she had some Bestial abilities and upon further tests, she had the ability to take multiple beast forms and communicate with other animals. They sent her back home and delivered the news to her family, who was shocked.
They were to send her to appointments for further testing and monitoring. Her family became hated in their community, because they were frightened of the news of their daughter that had gotten around. Her family was accepting of her, but the apartment complex kicked them out and soon after her father and mother lost their jobs.
The family had no choice but to move to Black Falls, where Sarah decided to protect her family by living in an apartment away from where he family lived. In this city, she got a job at a pet store because "she had a way with animals, " according to the store owner. She attended a high school where she kept a low status. She even got herself a nice girlfriend named, Alex. She attended a local gym to keep training and attended her monthly NEST appointments where she began to slowly understand her abilities. Over her years of high school, she learned to transform into a horse sized dragon, a wolf, a house cat, and a dog of various appearances.
One day when she was 17 years old, she received an angry phone call from her brother saying that their parents had been killed because of her. Others at her dad's new job found out that his daughter was a meta human and a hit man was sent after the family. Sarah's father and mother were killed in a crime of hate. Her brother blamed her for it and didn't allow her to attend their funeral, old home, or ever see him. All she had left of her parents was a golden locket with their pictures in it, the same one given to her before she moved into her new apartment. She keeps the locket in her pocket.
Overcome with grief, she turned to self harm. Her girlfriend didn't like that Sarah hurt herself, so she broke up with her and left Sarah even more alone.
Sarah had two painful years left in high school, and graduated eventually. She eventually began to take antidepressants and stop harming herself, but still had her bad days. She now lives with her odd job at a pet shop, discovering her powers, and trying to seek happiness in her messed up life by learning to play bass guitar and such. She also visits secluded areas once or twice a week to try out her dragon forms, as they are more extravagant and different than her dog, wolf, and cat forms.

Family: A mother named Bethany who was a small, plump woman with a kind personality and a nature to be generous. She has olive skin and was born in Greece. Sarah has a father named Frank who had short blonde hair, a short temper, and a nature to protect his family. She had an older brother named Travis who had his father's blonde hair, his short temper, but not as deep as a love for his family. From a young age, he never wanted to accept that Sarah liked other girls, and sometimes bullied her for it in secret.

Abilities

Power Class and Rating: Bestial 5
Power: Sarah can understand what animals are saying, but only when she's focusing on it. She can also transform into a dragon of various sorts. Her most common dragon form is a nine foot tall dragon with smooth white scales, a lithe body, icicle like long horns, bat like wings, and a plated underbelly. She can also take various wolf forms, though the usual one is a white pelted wolf. She can also take various house cat and domestic dog forms upon concentration. The bigger the creature, the more effort shifting takes. In these forms, she has the heightened animal senses, speed, and strength of the animal. In her dragon forms, she can even breathe fire or ice breath.

Weaknesses/drawbacks: Sarah only has so much energy to shift with. She can't easily shift back and forth, as she will grow fatigued or even develop a nose bleed. If she uses too much energy to shift between creatures, she will pass out. In these forms, her inner bodily structure changes. For example, in her dog form, eating chocolate will make her sick or kill her. In her cat form, her bones are weaker. Also, shifting into her larger dragon forms takes longer and causes great pain. Sometimes, if she shifts with a lack of focus, she can cause pain by accidentally losing a limb in the new form or disfiguring her organs to the point of near death. Shifting causes chemical changes in her body, which leads to problems such as mood swings and irritability, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, head aches, fever, or even a bloody nose.

Other: Er...well, she is gay. Though I explained that in her back story.

Sample Post: Sarah woke up to the beeping of her alarm clock at her bedside. She groaned sleepily before throwing an arm out and slamming the snooze button. With a yawn, she slowly sat up, stretching her arms upwards. She swung her legs over the side of her simple twin bed with messy black covers, looking over her small arms apartment that she liked to keep tidy. Sarah blew a strand of hair from her mouth and stood up.
She went through her usual process of brushing her teeth, eating a quick piece of toast, brushing her hair, and getting dressed. Today's outfit of choice was dark blue jeans and a white muscle t-shirt with a black tanktop underneath. She laced up her black combat boots and shoved a few books into her backpack. She also threw in a thermos full of iced chai tea that she had in her old fridge. She situated the backpack over one shoulder and headed out the door.
Sarah walked down the stairs of the apartment building and into a back alley. After checking for spectators, she closed her eyes and focused on a single image of a German shepherd dog. And soon enough, she herself had taken the form of a German shepherd. She loped down the alleyway and began to walk on the sidewalk. She liked the lower vantage point and how the towers seemed to brush the sky. She loved that she could acutely smell a hot dog vendor that was down the block. She liked when children stared at her, trying to pet the "cute doggy." Her odd life did have its perks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few (relatively small) things:

First, I was never a fan of the "slow to trust but once she does they love you forever" trope in personality sections. Because doesn't everyone? It just seems silly to me.

Second, there should be some psychological ramifications from almost getting raped and her family getting killed.

Other than that the sheet is fine, I liked her quote. But I have to ask a question about her power. You say that she takes on the biology of these animals, right? That means she should be affected by the chemical changes.

Though, we can artistic license that, it'd just make for a fun weakness.

I made a few changes. I am a bit unsure what you mean by chemical changes though. Can you explain?

Animals have different chemical/biological makeup from humans. I have a lot to explain, but there should be some problems transitioning from humans. Such as nausea, fatigue, pain, and mood-swings/irritability.

Oh, I see. I'll add some of those symptoms, as they do make sense.

I added some more drawbacks like you suggested. Is the profile acceptable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.