Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not really," disagreed the speedster. He turned away from the scene; he faced Mr. Io with a calculating look. When the nightmares had appeared Shadow Racer had stiffened briefly, showing only for a moment his distaste at the scene. But he'd been curious as well. He'd never seen such a technique before. "Why not do the same to me?" he asked.

I knew him for killing people, i knew you for saving people. That's something. He was tired, almost depleted. He needed to eat, to get some rest, to clean the images he saw on Shock's mind before they started invading him... But he couldn't say that to a superhero, right?

Shadow Racer actually looked away embarrassed. He put up a front of being completely uncaring with others, but the Supervillain was correct. He tended to not kill others if he could help it; if there was no other choice than he would. But until he found that one man- yes, when he finally found him he wouldn't bother… he shook off the past memories that threatened to overwhelm him.

He looked back down at Shock's body and wasn't surprised to see some of the department's Superheroes combing over the area. "We need to move away," he told Mr. Io. "If you've left any evidence behind, you'll be put higher on the DSH's (Department of Superheroes) list of dangerous villains."

It's funny. THey'll find the fingerprints of all the supervillians he killed. Remember that i didn't even touch him. Mister Io was haing fun on the superhero. Althoguh he didn't do what he wanted, he had an interesting night.
Why do you care what happens with me?

Shadow Racer gave a low chuckle at the thought. He wondered if the Department would be freaking out that so many deceased Supervillains had suddenly reappeared and killed one of its members. Though luckily Shock had been an anti-hero, there was every possibility that the incident would be covered up. The speedster glanced at the sky as he answered the question. "I don't," he lied. "I just wanted to see if you were as incompetent as most people."

The racer stepped down off of the taller roof and landed easily on a shorter one. It hid him from the view of the Heroes sent. His goggles reflected the moon light as he looked back up. "And you? Why do you care that I save people?"

Because there is no such things as good and bad guys. Mr Io gave a slight reverence, and walked away to another roof.

Shadow Racer watched the Supervillain leave. He agreed with the statement, at least somewhat. Some people were bad guys, and he had met some people he would consider heroes. But most people were in between the two coming close to ne edge and then another. He considered himself fairly balanced. With a sigh he continued his night's patrol.

-Skip-

Lorcan sat up in bed the next night glaring at his ringing phone. His russet brown eyes were narrowed dangerously and he debated simply throwing the thing out the window. It seemed the department had questions on his discovery of Shock's body last night. As far as the anti-hero was concerned the other got exactly what was coming to him. That's what happened when you killed people. It tarnished the soul, and should be done only the most extreme circumstances.

He tsked when he saw there was going to be an inquiry on the reason he didn't stay with the body last night. As well as an interrogation on who or what caused it to happen. Lorcan showered and palced his costume on, snapping his goggles over his eyes. He jumped out his window and headed for his regular patrol. He had a councilman to follow. He didn't have time for politics.

The rest of the night, Aedan medited intenselly. He faced Shock, what was left of him, anyway, in his own mind. There was a lot of Shocks in the world: one in the mind of every person who knew him, none in the material world... and another in his own soul. He had to fight it inside his head and with his heart to clenase himself. When he was done it was the morning, and he collapsed.
Around 4 o'clock Aedan waked up, ate something and did his daily excersises again. He was extremelly weak and was tring to do something about it.

After being done, he got up again to get what ws his next move: A gobernment institution of investigation of the superhumans had a little item in the control room that, his sources said, located people with powers. THat was his next move.

After a couple minutes, he was in the door of the place.

Shadow Racer jumped for rooftop to rooftop as he followed the councilman's limo. Though he wasn't as free spirited as some Heroes the feeling of the wind brushing past his cheek made him light hearted. The need to race…

"Watch this Lorcan! I'm going to be the fastest thing alive. Even faster than you." The anti-hero shook his head and attempted to get rid of the memory. He didn't need the ghost of forest green eyes haunting him tonight. He jerked to a stop in front of one of the many government buildings. His eyes focused on the councilman getting out and going into a side office.

Before the door could close Shadow Racer had slipped inside causing nothing, but a breeze and a slight after image. The guard looked around puzzled. The anti-hero began to make his way to the offices, but froze as something- He looked around. He could have sworn he saw something in the corner of his eye.

IN a dark alley, Mr Io was in the meditation pose, and from the shadows, he peeked inside the place, using the shadows as his spy cameras. A councilman entered, an then, a blurr.
THe Racer? The fuck was he doing there? out of curiosity, Mr Io started to follow the racer, as well as, it seemed, the politician. Might he be a bodyguard? or maybe he was hunting the man?

Shadow Racer shook his head and continued on his way. He doubted that the councilman would have his illegal dealings here, but it might be worth a look. He stopped in front of the File room and stared down at the lock. His fingers twitched and the orange energy that always followed after him when he ran appeared. He touched them to the lock and watched it slick open. He gave a slight sigh as exhaustion overcame him for a moment. It was far easier to just throw a large amount of energy at something to break. The subtle manipulation it took to open a lock was far more difficult.

He entered the room after a moment and began to look for the specific councilman's file.

He was doing the same thing he was trying to do, but he was... not a racer. He looked more like a... wht? no, something else, but not a rcer. Curious. More than 1 power? that was unexpected, but he himself was too.
A Mr Io looked at the place that was totally deserted, and entered.
From a shadow at Racer's back, Mr Io appeared. You are not a speedster. Interesting. What are you doing here.

The anti-hero spun around at the question. His heart had leapt uncomfortably in his chest. He hadn't heard the villain at all. "It's impolite to sneak up on others," Shadow Racer snapped at him in order to cover his surprise. He was annoyed at how easily the other seemed to be able to surprise him. His hand clutched the file he was looking through.

But Mr. Io was correct. Speed was more of a side effect to his 'power', and the one he concentrated most of his training into. When he'd finally been able to walk after first waking up in the lab, the energy he gathered needed to be expelled through his feet. It drove the scientists mad that they couldn't keep up with something newly made.

Shadow Racer flicked the memory away again. "I'm working," the speedster said, his eyes narrowing. "What are you doing here?"

Asume that if there are shadows, i might be there. I'm in need of an article this building is storing, you seem to need something too. Perhaps we could help each other. proposed Mr Io, who started to look inside the boxes of documentation looking for the device.

"That won't make me paranoid," Shadow Racer sarcastically muttered under his breath at the statement. He moved closer to the boxes of documentation. He placed the file on top of one of the desks and watched Mr. Io for a brief moment. "The councilman I've been following. He has ties to the mob. I'm looking for any discrepancy in the files."

What's your ultimate goal with this? Get to the mob? ASked Mr Io coldly, reading file after file. He changed from box Because the councilman now it's clearly vulnerable.

"It's impossible to topple the mob," Shadow Racer answered with a slight snort. "Even if I were to topple the current leadership they may be replaced by someone worse. Or it might cause a gang war. No I'm just interested in limiting their power in the government." He stepped closer to the villain and looked down at the files that he was reading.

His eyes narrowed. He recognized the lab files. "What are you looking for?" he demanded.

I'm looking for a prototipe Answered the "villian" behind his shadow mask It locates people with powers. The government knows every move we do thanks to that. I'm killing the developers and taking the device.

Shadow Racer's jaw clenched at the answer. "They-" his voice was cold, but shaking with anger. He remembered when the lab he grew up in put a tracker under his skin without his knowledge. It had stopped his and – well his escape attempt. He'd had no problem using his powers the next time. He'd felt quite the elation at throwing the bloodied tracker at the lead scientist.

The fact that the government could still track him; did not sit well at all. He grabbed some files as well. The councilman could wait. "I'll help you look," he said blankly. Whether he'd let Mr. Io keep the device was another point entirely.

You seem to know the place. Where do we look? Asked Mr Io sitting in the only chair and focusing. He made an attempt to get in the shadows of the place, but there were none.

Status
Not open for further replies.