Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“There’s a lab,” Shadow Racer replied with a frown. “It’s newly built, and I don’t know the layout. But it’s near the center of the city.” The old lab had been further away before it had been burned down in… mysterious circumstances. It had been rebuilt with more security in the middle of the city. A mistake the speedster had always thought. It was dangerous to the citizens.

Gimme any landmarks around the place, i'll get us there. Said Mr Io, and landed a hand on the superhero's shoulders. It was going to cost him, bt he'll take them there.

Shadow Racer jumped a little at the human contact. He had been a while since anyone had simply touched his shoulders. Admittedly it was his fault. Not only did he live alone, but the last time someone in the department had startled him he’d broken their wrist. That had been when he first joined. It had taken an immense amount of control not to attack Mr. Io, just now. “Three blocks East of the clock tower,” he answered abruptly.

Ah, the clock tower. OK, you'll feel cold, but don't open your eyes no matter what you hear. Said Mr Io, and then a Shadow engulfed them.
The Racer could hear screams and words half spoken as he felt he was droping from a high ground.

The speedster snapped his eyes shut. He twitched when he felt the drop and heard the screams. His fists clenched and unclenched as he forced his body not to respond. “I prefer my method of travel,” he muttered under his breath. He knew that he could hear half spoken conversations, he felt as if he could recognize them. Remembering the nightmares that had ripped the other anti-hero to shreds he decided that whatever they were he didn’t want to have them in the forefront of his mind.

The speedster did well, because they grow louder and louder and, after some time, they cesed. We're here. Said Mr io, leaving his shoulder alone.
I'll follow you.

Shadow Racer opened his eyes and stepped away from Mr. Io. He shook himself creating the impression that he was a dog getting water off. “Right,” he muttered, he banished the memories of the voices; just as he did with his nightmares every night. He moved off attempting to make sure he was slow enough to follow.

They stopped in front of what looked like a gated community. The only difference being there was barbed wire on top of the gate to stop anyone from getting in… Or out, the experiment thought gritting his teeth. “This is it,” he told Mr. Io. Shadow Racer crossed his arms over his chest. “The scientists live here, with the lab being in the middle of the complex.”

They actually live here? Sounds like their getting killed after the experiments are over. We could as well take them down. Proposed Mr io while directing towards an alley. He didn't knew the area, so he needed to scout around.
The villian sat on the floor and started meditating, expanding his vision all around the place. Then he started to open up every shadow a person casted as a tag in an internet browser, until he got to one that woke him up.
Some policemen are comming, you must go.

Shadow Racer frowned at the warning. He glanced at the lab. Rage filled him for a brief moment, the orange energy sparking briefly in his fist as he slammed it against the wall. The concrete cracked; not quite as much as it would have with a hero whose main power strength; but enough to cause a few small pieces to fall to the ground.

The anti-hero’s goggles turned to Mr. Io. “If you find a way in come and get me,” he demanded. He flickered; his orange energy the only thing left of him within a second. The energy dissipated before the policemen came around the corner. Shadow Racer crouched on a building across the street and watched carefully.

AS a liquid entity, Mr Io dropped inside a shadow and dived inside of it. In fact, what was comming was a group of watchmen lead by a man that looked a lot as an inspector.
JOhanson! They were here! Where are them now? The inspector said and a man of the ones in his company touched his head and though hard. The fuck? COme on Johanson, talk! One of them is... there He said nd pointed out to where Racer was But the other one is... here.

Shadow Racer stiffened at the hand pointing at him. His eyes narrowed at the device one of the inspectors carried. He felt rage bubble beneath his skin, causing sparks at his finger tips. Being next to the new lab was not helping his self control at all. Seeing a device that could track him, was pushing him over the edge. He moved jumping to another rooftop, slightly closer to the officers. Though it would seem like a wind had picked him up and deposited him there in an instant if anyone else was looking.

Perhaps he could distract the officers long enough for Mr. Io to find a way into the lab. The speedster also wanted to see the limitations of this device. So he moved closer again. His goggles reflecting the moon light as he stood on the roof.

OOC: it was in the afternoon, i thought.

OC: Mr Io was in the shadows and the group was looking for him, until the guys saw Shadow Racer. Come on, we got a speedster at 8 o'clock! Smart! A black guy with a .50 gun made a gesture and looked at Shadow Racer with an arm stretched out, gesturing out to him, like casting something.

Shadow Racer’s eyes narrowed behind his goggles. Then he took off across the roofs. The orange energy streaked behind him as he stopped at a roof that was still visible. He was obviously taunting the inspectors. He kept his eye on the .50 gun, and the arm. He wasn’t certain if any of them had powers, but he doubted they realized he was more than just a speedster. Shadow Racer smirked and waved his arm in a lazy ‘come get me’ gesture.

AS the man closed his arm, the speedster's legs were marked with a target in red ink. Then, the man shoot and the bullets moved directly to the targets.
From Shadow Racer's shadow a ball of darkness came out, and eat the bullets. Let's go Said Mr Io from Racer's shadow

The racer growled angrily at the marks on his legs. His hand sparked with energy as he prepared to throw it at the inspectors. He was surprised when the ball of darkness came out and protected him. He’d begun to move as soon as the bullets were eaten.

He jumped from the roof and landed behind the building out of sight. “I could have handled that,” he commented folding his arms.

Don't let the pride take your sanity. Just run. Said the low voice of the villian as the guy behind them started to focus on them again.

Shadow Racer huffed, but agreed. He was gone before the man could attempt to shoot him again. The racer looked down at his feet with the markings on them. Abruptly he asked, “If I speed up will you be able to stay in my shadow?” He knew of a way to get the markings off, but it would cause most people to fall behind him.

Right now i'm not substancial. I could remain here eternally although i would get hungry. What are you planning? The voice of Mr Io was concerned on what the Speedster could do, or what was the idea. Maybe also of what the targets were.

“I’m going to create a sonic boom and go into the speed of sound,” Shadow Racer muttered. He began to gather the energy around him and push it into his feet. “Even markings designed specifically for speedsters won’t survive that.” Mostly because most speedster couldn’t go that fast without serious complications; they tended to avoid going past the speed of sound. But Lorcan was built to stand those speeds for long periods of time.

Thank you professor, he thought in his mind as his body suddenly sped up to the point that the people on the street felt a wind rather than seeing him. He grinned almost maliciously as he heard the echoing boom as he hit the sound barrier.

Interesting. How did you get the training? ASked Mr Io, but his voice, obviously, sounded to him, but the speedster couldn´t hear him. After a minute, he realized that and stopped talking, just wanting to know how long they'd be running at such a speed.
In the mean time, the markings didn´t get off, like if they were painted over the clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.