Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Racer jerked to stop, surprising the people around them as he suddenly 'appeared'. The orange energy that always appeared when he ran slowly faded as he looked down at the markings. He knelt on one knee and looked closer at them. "Annoying," he muttered. He charged his hand with the energy around him and placed it on the markings in an attempt to burn them off.

How did you get the training? Asked mister io while racer burned his pants. It looked like the marks were painted in the clothing, so he couldn't remove them until the pants were completely broken. Some of it also was in his skin, letting him with pinkish matkings

Shadow Racer was silent for a moment. His eyes narrowed in concentration behind his goggles. He pulled the bottom of his other pant leg off and then began to attempt to remove the slight pink on his skin. "I was built for it," he finally said. "And then trained by the lab." It was obvious by his tone of voice that he didn't really want to talk about it. He glanced at the shadow below him. "And yourself?"

I controlled the darkness within. Mere shadows outside are not difficult to handle. Answered calmly the sentient living shadow. That thing is a power. We need to be careful. They'd be in our chase for days and they seem dangerous. You think they had something to do with the lab or that they were already chasing us?

"They spoke like they were aware of us," Shadow Racer said with a frown. He stood up the mark having faded nearly into non-existence. He wasn't able to expend any more of his energy in getting rid of it right now. "They likely have access to the gadget you were after." He scowled and walked away from the intersection. The sun was nearly behind the buildings by this point. His hands squeezed into fists, in an attempt to control his anger. He disliked being marked like this. It brought back too many memories. "But I wasn't able to hear much."

They were, but i'm not sure if they were on our tail or simply patrolling the area. But they don't have the device. You see... the device is conected to a little girl name Kate Ravengleam. She has the ability to track anyone. They have a machine connected to her, and have her into an induced comma so they could use her ability without asking. It's not something you can carry around. Mr Io got out of his shadow and appeared by the heroe's side. You should get some rest.

Shadow Racer grunted in agreement. He didn't like the idea that anyone was being kept in a coma for this. It reminded him too much of his own experiences with the government; and this particular branch of it. "So we need to get her out," he said. "It won't be easy." He started to make his way to the department. He had no wish to go back to his apartment at the moment. He'd used far too much energy trying to get the stupid markings off. "That lab was burned down about three years ago, so I'm sure the security has been upped."

You're into the super heroes group. Why don't you try to dig out some info from the agency while i try to scout the area? I'll keep an eye on the place and follow doctors to get to them. Proposed mr io. Even when his voice was totally inexpresive, a little bit of despice could be heard when he mtalked about the agency.

Shadow Racer gave a sharp nod. He'd caught the hint of disgust that Mr. Io had for the agency. It got his mind working, and he wondered if there was a story behind that hatred. "I can access the computers without too much interference for now," the speedster mused. "Most people will be out on their patrols." He looked down at the shadow below him and asked, "How can I contact you?"

Give me your cellphone Asked Mr io. THen he took his own and called with Racer's phone to his. This is a discardable phone, i'll let you know when i throw it. Then he returned him his phone.
I don't need to tell you what's at stake with this, so try to avoid using anything that might lead you to today's events. The suit included.

The speedster pulled out his phone and glanced down at the number. He scowled a little, yet another person that could bother him. At least he was fairly certain that the villain would only bother him with something important.

"I'm aware of that," snapped Shadow Racer. "I'm not an idiot. I'll stop by my apartment and grab my extra suit. I'll try and see if anyone else is aware that we're apparently being tacked through our powers; in the most subtle way of course." He tugged a little at his sleeve at that announcement. The whole point of putting up an agency for Superheroes had been so they could keep their secret identities, but the government could still pay and hold them responsible. This type of device was a complete break of trust between the two groups. He didn't want to think about what might happen if word of this got out.

Great. Take care and call me when you know something else. Asked Mr Io Once you find anything, delete it from the database. not only to leave no trace, but so no one can find it and go protect it.
Mr Io was stressing every word, and looking around nervously while talking, crossing arms in a self-protective way. Farewell, then. Don't entertain yourself, go straight to the point.

Shadow Racer raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "You're nervous," he noted. "Don't worry too much; I can be careful when the situation calls for it." The speedster moved away from the villain, his last words being, "Contact me if something happens," before he shot off like a bullet.

He was frowning by the time he made it to the agency. He'd stopped by his apartment and picked up his spare suit. He had nothing on him that could possibly identify himself as the speedster that had been by the lab. However, now that he was thinking a little clearer he was concerned. What was the lab up to that they would attack a Superhero who was just across the street? A few of the desk workers waved to him as he made his way to the anti-hero area of the building.

He sat at one of the desks, with a computer. He didn't have his own, since he hardly ever bothered to come into the agency. But he wasn't a hacker, he didn't have that skill. He'd have to be physically in the building to get the files he'd need.

Mr Io had a bad feeling. THat area was the other side of the ciy, the one he never visited, the one where his house has been before the fire. Now that there was nobody around, Aedan let the bullets come out of one of shadows around him to get thrusted inside a tree. That had already consumed his energy to a breaking point.

Now, after many years not coming back, the neighbourhood had turned into a poor place, fool of abandoned houses now occupied by groups of lowlifes and hobos, where the drug ran freely. He would have wanted to change that, but he couldn't afford going there too much.

Now Aedan was terribly upset, not able to use his powers properly without risking to blow something into the shadows, so he started to walk back to downtown.

Shadow Racer finished downloading the files he needed. He hadn't read them yet, but knew that it was a bad idea to spend any sort of time in the department with files like this. He put his phone away after the download and stood up. He had a bad feeling, and over the years he learned to trust his instincts. Often something will catch his subconscious that he wouldn't normally notice, but…

"Hey S.R!" called a voice. The speedster looked up and sighed when he saw one of the tech heroes following after him.

"Don't call me that idiot," he muttered under his breath and turned away from the sparkly blue outfit barreling down on him. "I'm busy," he said louder and began to walk away.

"Aw, don't be like that," the hero said coming to stand next to him. "Listen I just got a mission down in the seedier part of the city, and I thought 'What a great way for me and S.R to hang out.'"

"Absolutely not," Shadow Racer said, trying to keep the horror out of his voice. "Go bother one of the other heroes Gadget."

"But you don't have any missions today," Gadget whined.

Mr Io walked the darkest paths so he could go unseen around the place, but found that not even that was enough, as in one of the entrances of an alley he came out a group of men were waiting. Mr Io barely saw them, but they started to follow him. He didn't wanted to stop, he was sure he'd find a horrible surprise if he stoped, so he kept going until they were too close for him to ignore them.
After a couple of blocks, Mr Io was totally surrounded by 4 men. So, what you want said Mr Io trying to look brave but almost wetting his pants.
Oh, we want ya money, and quick. Asked the first of them. I got nothing said Aedan, something that was totally true. C'mon your on those fancy robes. Maybe you can give us that? said the man, but Mr Io didnt like the idea of anything heavier than a robbery, so he simply stepped into a shadow. But he was terribly nervous and it didn't go quite well. Tentacles of shadows rose and, in the terrified face of the thieves that were now staring in awe at the little man in robes amongst them, Mr Io knew they were lii¿ving their last moments.
The tentacles rose to start attacking the man, but Mr Io was being transported to his place, a little basement in an old anti bomb bunker.

Shadow Racer let the door he walked through slam into Gadget's face. He smirked a little as he heard a crash and some cursing from two separate voices. Obviously the annoying sparkly hero had stumbled into the poor secretary that had been carrying several boxes of files. He hoped it took him a while to help pick up the papers.

It was one of the nice things about being an anti-hero. No one expected you to act like a gentleman, or even offer help. The racer froze as he heard his name being called across the intercom. Several people glanced at him as he simply continued out of the agency. Whatever the directors wanted couldn't be good. Shadow Racer avoided them as much as possible. It would do no good for them to realize that he was the escaped specimen from all those years ago. He wouldn't have worried quite so much, but…

Mr. Io had showed him there was far too much of a connection between his old prison and the government. He relaxed only when he got out of the building without being harassed anymore. He glanced down at his phone and sent the files he'd found to Mr. Io.

A sheer scream was the last he felt when he got to his place. He was sweting, shivering. Aedan ran for a corner and forced himself to focus on his breathing, that was jumpy and quick. In the place it was all silence except for the deranged breaths. The place was specificly made to tranquilice him, to make him comfortable, so he at least felt safe there, and that helped.
In the next few minutes, Aedan simply breathed and focused on that, getting better as time passed. But then, he noticed something. A little being, like a child, but made of pure darkness. Why are you not answering? It asked, and Mr Io saw he had a message from Racer. It was the data. What are you? he simply asked.

Shadow Racer placed his phone back in his pocket. He'd started running. There were a few Superheroes that he trusted not to blurt out that he'd been asking questions. One was a flyer that he spotted fairly quickly. His cape billowing in the wind as he handed a frightened cat to a crying young five year old.

Boy scout, the Racer thought with a smirk. He came to a stop by the floating hero. Both of them were silent as they watched the five year old run off.

"There was a disturbance in the lower end of the city recently," the flyer said softly.

"There are always disturbances there," Shadow Racer said with a snort. He folded his arms across his chest and turned to the hero. "What about the Lab?"

The flyer sighed. "Are you still obsessing with that place?" he asked unhappily. "It's not good for you. I thought you'd finally gotten over it."

"You're not my mother, Galaxy," the speedster muttered in annoyance. "I got some new information."

"From a trustworthy source?" asked Galaxy. The anti-hero didn't say anything, which was answer enough. "I hope you know what you're doing," muttered the hero. "The lab has been more active lately. I've seen some of the lab assistants carrying strange instruments around. They're searching for something." There was worry in the flyer's voice.

I don't know. Do you know what are you? Said the little thing. It was like a little gnome made of darkness, but with nothing like a gnome other than the size. I'm myself, with everything that means. Answered Mr Io That's a tricky answer! Complained the gnome But it was a tricky question. Said Mr Io, with a smile.
You got a point. I'm the darkness.You have summoned me to this world. Said the gnome that sat on the floor loking with it's faceless head towards him Not willingly. You may go now.
I'm sorry your highness, but you can't dismiss darkness. I grew from what was in those men souls and now i'm bond to you. Said the little monster. No, wait, i can do that? ASked Mr Io standing in his place I suppose. Now, who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.