Biometric

• Thread starter ThatBioshockInfiniteChick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey...what's that?" she asked pointing to a symbol on the cave. She got up and looked at it then touched it curiously. The button dissapeared and then part of a cave moved, revealing a secret door. "Hey Luke, come check this out..." she said and walked into the cave. There was a huge library and at the center of it was lava, but around it was water and they touched each other without creating earth. "Its a spells library...I haven't seen one about water of fire in ages..." she said and started looking through the books.

Luke followed her inside, unsure of what she meant by this. But he would never pass up a library, he loved books too much. He hesitantly walked into the hidden room and looked at the books in the shelves that lined the walls. "Spells?" His nose wrinkled at the mention of magic. He knew nothing of it.

Jasmine gasped and saw a book that was magically blue. She touched it and it didn't burn or catch on fire. In awe and disbelief she grabbed it and looked inside "Luke...theres a spell in here that can make you invincible to fire."

"A spell?" He asked softly and gazed over at the book in her hands. "Oh... Maybe we should give it a try?" He suggested and looked into her eyes with a small smile. "I could touch you then."

She blushed then looked at the reading. She started chanting the spell and flames shaped like runes came out of her mouth and surrounded Luke. She closed the book and the runes dissapeared turning him blue. She slowly walked to him and placed his hand on his. It didn't hurt him at all.

Shaugo watched with mild disinterest as the fire girl moved through the village, into the forest, back into the village, and then back out into a cave from his perch up in a nearby tree. He assumed she was the one who burned down the little village, God knows why. He watched as a light haired girl stared at her burning house. "Hm. Poor girl." He shrugged. Not his problem. Only when an unnaturally bright light spewed from the cave's entrance did Shaugo become interested. He glided himself down towards the cave, flying over the village and watching some bloke shoot lightning at townsfolk. "This village under attack or something?" He muttered to himself.

He landed on his feet, taking a few steps to halt his momentum. He sauntered through the small cave, twitching with surprise at the hidden door. He poked his big fanged head inside the room and scanned it with confusion. His gaze landed on the two people standing next to a bookshelf of sorts, and glowing. He fixed the couple with a questioning stare. ".....What's all this then?"
10305-1843926215.pngHe's a bat dude. Cut me a break, it's hard to find pictures of straight up bat people. Make that less cartoony and taller. Smaller head. Also, subtract the ruffles at his neck and those earrings. He is rocking those pants, though. Important to note, he has a straight up bat head. Makes people a bit uneasy.

Jasmine walked back up with Luke "this library seems to be a library created from fire and water creatures" she said and walked up the stone stairs when she saw a strange man standing by the door. "Who are you?" she asked.

"A library?" He watched the couple approach, addressing the fire girl. He came into the room fully. He did a dramatic flourish and bowed deep, wings flapping back like a cape. "Shaugo, at your service. I'd kiss your hand, but it's too hot. I'm intimidated." He winked at the girl. Then the boy. "And you are?"

Jasmine smiled "My name is Jasmine and this is Luke," she looked at him in awe "you have wings?"

He smiled. Or, as close to smiling you can get when you've got a big ugly vampire bat face. "You noticed?" Shaugo spread a wing out full, allowing them to view it's entire span. It was taught, and leathery. Tough looking. He beat his wings a couple times and flew himself into a sitting position on the shelf, looking down on his new acquaintances. "My wings are all well and good, lovely, but I'd like to discuss something much more interesting." There was a glint in his eye. "Is this place magic?"

Jasmine gave him a suspicious look "yes...but it's for fire people only...sure people can say these words but only the flame creatures can activate them, why do you wish to know?"

Shaugo studied the girl's face in silence for a moment, an unreadable expression on his face. "Well, Jasmine, wouldn't you?" He hopped down from the shelf and started rifling through the contents, examining the various books and their effects. "You're a fire creature, aye? And you only just found out about this place?" He didn't raise his eyes from the book as he spoke. "What gives you claim? Finders keepers, is it? Aren't we in Water country anyway?" He glanced to Jasmine, and smirked. "Dontcha think?"

"Look at the symbols" she said and pointed to each one shaped like a bird "its the sign of my people, the pheonix" she said. "Under here's lava..." she said. "It helps my people cope from home."

He looks at the symbols with apparently deep interest, craning to look at the lava as you bring it up. "Well, love, I don't dispute that your kind made the books. But from where I'm standing, they put them here in this dank old cave and left 'em." Shaugo continued leafing through some pages. "And for what? Who's going to use them, all the way out here? You can keep the lava for all I ca-" Shaugo stopped dead. He put a clawed finger on the page, and traced the line he'd just read over. His composure falls apart. "Im....immune to fire?! What does that even mean?!" His voice got very high and shriek-y all of a sudden. He re-read the line several times over and turned to you for clarification.

"Its a spell that makes you immune to fire...for a limited time" Jasmine said

Shaugo's face dropped when Jasmine spoke the last couple words. "Ah." His voice was back to normal. "And I'd suppose you two want this one, yes?" His gaze slid down to her hand, still clutching Luke's. He winked again. "No worries, friends. 'S all your's. So then, which can I have?" He tossed the immunity book over to the couple.

"None!" she said "you can't even use them, the fire people...they are all dead except for me!" She tried not to cry from hearing herself say that, she has denied that her kingdom was dead for years "w-why do you even want them...you can't use them?" she said in a broken voice.

Luke listened to all of this with a raised brow. He had no idea all of the fire people were dead. "I had no idea." He frowned to himself.

"Hey, hey, hey" Shaugo raised his hands as if to shield himself from the onslaught. He stared at her for a couple seconds while she panted, making sure she was done. "I didn't know that either, see? We don't get much news up north." He hesitantly patted Jasmine's shoulder. "But it's hard to survive on one's lonesome, isn't it? Us bats get the boot as soon as we come of age. Been traveling since. I just figured those books would fetch a nice sum. Ease the load." He looked at her with puppy dog bat eyes. "You don't need all of them, do you?"

Jasmine closed her eyes trying not to cry from the thought of loosing her people. After all, she was the princess. "Books are worth a lot of money but not when the spells don't work...it's different here...but amulets that have spells in them...they are worth a lot. Nobody can use these unless they are a fire person...but they can use it if the spells in an amulet blessed by a fire princess..." she said. "Lets look for amulets...im pretty sure they have some here..."

Status
Not open for further replies.