Biometric

• Thread starter ThatBioshockInfiniteChick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was again confused as he watched Jasmine and the... bat person? This was certainly interesting and he was paying a lot of attention, learning a lot about the fire people and magic that he clearly did not know before. He stood closer to Jasmine and placed a hand lightly on her shoulder. It didn't hurt.

Shaugo blinked. He blinked again. Then he shook away the look of confusion on his face. "R-right! Yes, let's do that! Oh, Jasmine, you're a smart one, you!" He couldn't believe that had actually worked. She was just going to give him money. He clapped his hands together and rubbed them, looking around the chamber. "I'll check over here, you two can check that direction." He took off in the air towards where he pointed, but the other two could swear he winked at them again.

"No...I'm coming with you...I can trust Luke to be here alone...but I just met you" Jasmine said and walked with the vampire. She took one last look at Luke before they dissapeared down a different staircase.

Jasmine didn't trust this guy one bit, but he needed money and she knew how it felt to be alone. "Don't touch anything" she said to the vampire. "Certain places might be boobie trapped." They looked through out the place, different books were everywhere. Then there was a big one that said "how to turn flame people into humans."

Luke saw a book that said "how to turn water creatures into flame people" he opened it but the spells were scratched out.

"Well well well, aren't we a paranoid patty? Ah, don't think I mind it, Jasmine. Let's go tomb-raiding together, eh?" He playfully jabbed her shoulder. At the order not to touch anything, Shaugo showed Jasmine his hands and twiddled his fingers around. "Booby traps? How exciting!" He practically skipped around the ancient rooms, bending to look at anything and everything that interested him. He walked right up to the biggest book there, and read the title. He rubbed his chin, and looked to Jasmine. "Now what do you suppose that means, love? Some sort of permanent change in one's genetics?"

"I'm not sure...I didn't even know that was possible..." she walked up to the book and took one look at it. "So why are vampires always kicked out?" she asked.

"Hm?" He thinks for a second, reading through the book in front of them. "Oh, some sort of do-it-yourself ideology. We're raised always in the company of, say, 200 others in some trees. At a certain point they figure we've had enough on a silver platter, evidently." Shaugo leans closer, and whispers as if sharing a secret. "You ask me, the old ones just don't want to bother with the over population. 350 bats flying around was all fine and dandy back when they were the size of your fist, like in the ancient times, but that can't really fly nowadays." He leaned back, and elbowed Jasmine. "Get it? Fly?" Shaugo laughs at his own joke. It's a shrill sort of laugh.

"Why are you reading that?" she asks. "This information is useless to you" she says. She then ponders for a moment "what kind of spells do you want?" she asks.

Luke sighed and tossed the book away since it was basically useless. The spells had been scratched out. He began to pace in his spot and look around the library again.

There was a book that had the title "Unlocking your water powers" on it in front of Luke.

Shaugo's eyes widen. "Just curious. It's not everyday you stumble upon ancient magical ruins, now is it?" He steps back from the book. "You'd be doubly right. Not only does this hold no value to me, personally. But the only person who could value it is you, oh sole survivor." Though I suppose the relics of a lost people could be worth quite a lot, he thought to himself. "In terms of spells for me... I don't suppose there's some that turn dirt into gold?" Shaugo lets out his shrill laugh again. "No, no. It's fine, Jasmine. I don't need spells for myself, but rather resale value. These books, usable or not, are quite a rarity." He kicks the ground. "But an amulet would be priceless."

She suddenly grabs his arm burning him "Look there! Some Amulets!" she said then noticed his arm was burning. "Sorry" she said and quickly pulled her arm away. She ran with him into a small chamber and noticed a seal on the door. She touched it and walked inside, he could not get in though. "It must be magically sealed" she said, "hang on a second." There was only silence that filled the room until Jasmine broke it. "Ohmygosh...it's...it's beautiful...I think your problems are over..." she said then came back up carrying a large chest filled with gold and amulets. The door quickly closed once more.

Luke was mesmerized by the book and took it from the shelf.. He took a deep breath before opening to the first page. His eyes widened and he smiled slightly to himself.

The book showed him how to control water and turn anything into ice or boiling water. He was able to even use it as a weapon. He saw pictures of trees and rocks cut from water manipulation. Next to them were spells on how to unlock the power from within him.

Shaugo's jaw dropped when he saw the chest. Any previous pain left his mind, and he stared at the gold and amulets. That's...that's so much. He started shaking, physically. "J-j-j-j-" Shaugo took a deep breath, steadies himself. "Jasmine. Can I have that? Some of that? Please?" He looked prepared to beg.

"Yeah sure man" she said and gave him the chest "here you go...friend" she smiled.

Luke had been studying the spells and sat down on a rock that was a few feet away from him. He read on aloud and looked around. He didn't feel any different. He stood from the rock and looked down at it. He waved his hand and a stream of very sharp water cut right through it. "Whoa..." He had to look at it a few times before realizing what he had done. He smiled to himself. That was insane!

Jasmine looked at the amulets "just let me keep one amulet" she says and grabs a beautiful blue one.

Jasmine walked out with her new friend and saw what Luke did "that was incredible Luke!" she smiled. She then walked up to Luke and gave him the beautiful amulet. This increases your powers tenfold and makes you immune to fire" she smiled as she put the necklace around him.

Luke watched as the amulet was placed around his neck. He smiled and thanked Jasmine for it. "Well this will certainly be useful." He leaned towards her and gently kissed her cheek as if to check. He didn't feel like he was burning and smiled when she didn't cry out in pain. The magic had worked!

Shaugo shook his head violently, and looked around him. Getting that much money so fast, so easily made him more or less black out for a couple minutes. He replayed the events in his head. Then he looked down at the chest in his hands. "Heeeehahahehaheeee" Shaugo started giggling to himself. He dropped the chest on the ground, and pumped his hands in the air. "I'm rich! Me! Rich!" He dashed over to Jasmine and Luke. He spoke like he'd just won the lottery, which wasn't far off the mark. "My God, can you believe it!? No more sleeping in those dirty, damn, uncomfortable trees! And magic! I've got magic, too! I..I just.." Shaugo looked like he was going to explode. Following Luke's example, he clasped his rough clawed hands on the sides of Jasmine's face, and planted a big smooch dead center. Then he leaped back and screeched in a mixture of pain and laughter. He did the same thing to Luke. It put the burn out. He bolted towards the cave's entrance, before swiveling around and gesturing wildly."Don't....don't move. I'll be back!" Thinking for a second, he grabbed as much gold and amulets as he could carry and still fly, then ran out of the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.