Beyond Third Rock

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyatt shot the man twice in the chest and one in the head. He turned and reached for Jane's hand. He aimed the gun as he had his own wristband. Holding her hand back as far as he could he shot her wristband off. He turned then as the room filled with officials.

"This is one helluva way to die." he groaned holding Jane behind him. Commander Jones stepped into the room, her frigid eyes as fierce as her scowl.

"The nerve, the amount of rules you have broken is inmeasurable! After the embrace this ship has given you into its citizens you choose to disrespect us in this way. You will see my rage for this Cabot and Cole. To the brig. NOW!" she shouted. The two were drug away all the way to the cell they had spent their first day of meeting in. Instead of putting them in the same cell they separated them. The cells were side by side. Wyatt winced as he was tossed into the cell, weapon seized.

"Band them." Officer Johns spoke angrily.

The officer that came into the cell with the band was immediately taken over. Wyatt used his training to remove him of his weapon and hold it to his head.

"The hell with that. You will bring her into my cell, you will keep your filthy fucking bands and you will get the fuck out of here or I will blow this sorry fucker's face off. Am I clear!" he shouted. Officer Johns was a man to not care about a single soldier except the frightened newbie happened to be his son. He groaned and did as asked.

"I will release him, then I will toss the gun through the grate only after you have all left the brig. The bot will verify that."

"Cole..."

"Go!"

As ordered all the officers did as asked. Wyatt threw the gun out of the grate but in a way it was close enough he could reach through the bars if need be. He turned then to look at Jane.

"Are you all right?" he groaned seeing all the bleeding. He signaled the bot. A small orb came their way and scanned her for injuries.

"She needs healed." he said to the bot. At once the light shone and it got to work. One thing was for sure about La Vedette Navire, it would not let even prisoners be wounded and dying.

Jane cried out in pain as she dragged away to the cell. The fury of the colony would be upon them in no time. She was thrown into a cell, falling to her side and groaning. Her fire was squashed, tears filling her eyes. Her only hope was the wedding band still resting on her finger. She heard Wyatt fighting in the other cell and smiled. Someone still fought...she managed to find her feet before she was pushed into his cell.

She fell into his arms, clutching him tightly with tears rolling down her face. Wyatt motioned a bot over, Jane nodding with his words. The bot got to work, slowly repairing the damage. Jane curled into his arms, her spirit broken that they were back where they started. The tears continued to roll from her eyes and she closed them tightly.

The most likely outcome would be death tomorrow. They would be sure to make hers extra painful.

Wyatt's heart beat painfully in his chest. To see her that way, crying, her fire gone killed him. He wiped at her tears. His hand running down her arm. To his surprise the ring he had made lay snug on her finger. He eyed it and then her.

"When... when did you put this on? I didn't think you wanted to be married after... well after seeing you so distraught over having to say I do. I never wanted you to feel pressured. I never wanted you to feel like you were losing who you were, your freedom. If you weren't ready, I never would have made you." Wyatt's voice was unreadable. There was so much emotion behind his eyes he was full to the brim. There were threatening tears of his own. Anything from frustration to anger to overwhelming happiness all rolled into one. His brain couldn't make sense of any of it.

Jane looked up at him, heart broken. "What? You're the one that left me standing there." She pulled away from him, "You're an idiot! I was distraught because I didn't think I could be enough for you. I thought for sure you were..." Her shoulders slumped, face falling as more tears spilled from her eyes. She buried her head in her hands, sobs wracking her body at their entire situation.

"What in the hell gave you that impression?" Wyatt said trying not to raise his voice. "I splayed my guts out, showed you my heart on my sleeve and you should have seen your face! Even Tom said you weren't looking like this was something you wanted. Enough for me? Jane you are a beautiful intelligent woman, for you to have such self conscious issues is unnerving. Woman you are more than any man deserves. Open up your eyes and see yourself for what you truly are." He was pacing the cell now his frustration rolling off of his shoulders.

"I didn't leave you anywhere. You weren't ready. And it wasn't till after I walked away for you to think you were ready. I will not beg someone to stay in my life. I will sure as hell not beg her to marry me." Wyatt was now on a roll, angry even. He sat on the bench loudly and began picking out the metal in his wrist and palm.

Jane didn't know how to react. Anger or tears. Some of her fiery spirit came back and she jumped to her feet. She slapped the bot away from her shoulder, clenching her fists. "Don't you raise your voice at me!" She shut her eyes tightly, pacing the cell. "You're right! I wasn't ready. I didn't have a bouquet or a ring for you or even a fucking father to walk me down the aisle. I was wearing a sheet as a wedding dress!" She stopped in front of him, hands on her hips.

"I didn't stop loving you. I just wasn't ready. It's not like you calmed my fears of you leaving me either." Her anger grew and before she knew it she was shouting. "Just like my father! YOu left me alone just like he did! And I was crying and torn and scared and you did nothing!" She clasped her hands over her mouth, realizing what had left it after the words were said. She staggered back, new tears forming in her eyes.

Wyatt was broken from the realization she had let out her biggest reason for feeling that way but then rage, full blown rage. He took a step towards her and glared her down.

"I am not your father. I walked away because you showed me you didn't want me then. I gave you space, I didn't go away. I was in the damn space ship waiting for your ass so we could come back up here so you could do whatever the fuck you wanted. I'm not going to follow you around like a lost puppy when you fucking chose to not be ready. IF YOU WEREN'T READY YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE FUCKING SAID YES!" At this Wyatt was shouting now as well. He turned and punched the bars repeatedly. waving angrily at the bot that came over to fix his now broken knuckles.

He sat down, letting the bot do its work. He rested his head back against the cool iron of the cell. "So thanks for sharing that's why you are the way you are. Maybe you should rebuild your relationship with your father. Taking your parent for granted is pretty shitty. No matter how much they hurt you, at least they're still alive. I'd give anything to be back home in Texas with mama. It was a fuck less complicated on third rock." he mumbled more to himself figuring she hated his guts more than ever now.

Jane felt destroyed. Ripped to shreds in the torrent that was his anger. She stepped away from him with a cringe as he slammed his fists into the bars. Her heart climbed into her throat and she allowed the tears to fall. "Then don't...." She whispered. "I wanted you, Wyatt. I was just scared." She moved towards the bars of the cell, staring outwardly. She felt part of her heart die and she hung her head.

"Cabot, Jane." Her name being called caused her to lift her head and she sighed at the officer standing before her.

"Yeah, I know...." Jane nodded, looking back at Wyatt. There were so many things she wanted to say but felt that she couldn't. She turned back to the officer, nodding. "Alright. Take me then."

She was grabbed from the cell, hands bound before her.

Wyatt had just been healed and he jumped onto his feet. The cell door shut before him. Why was she so willing to go? Why wouldn't she fight any more. He groaned, it was all his fault. What could he do now? There was no way to get out of the cell. No way to save her. It was his fault. How stupid could he be tearing her down that way? He lowered himself against the bars, hanging his head and reaching for the gun that was out of the cell. With her being taken for more than likely her death, he would kill himself the moment someone came to retreive him. He had nothing left to live for.

Jane was marched down the hall, surprise causing her to lift her head as she saw her father standing there. "Jane!" she was crushed in his embrace and she felt new tears fall at the sobs that wracked her body. "Jane, is it true?" He tilted her head up. "Were you really going to marry him?"

She nodded mutely, backing away from him. "It's fine. I know this is the last goodbye. Just let them dole out my punishment."

"What are you talking about?" Her father stared her down, letting her wipe her tears from her eyes. "Neither of you are to be executed. You are to be married...I've already arranged a priest. He will marry you and send you down to the planet where both of you can hide away safely from the ship's wrath."

Jane looked up, surprised. "Dad, he doesn't want to marry me anymore!" She turned her back on him, shaking her head. "Just take me back to my cell so I can await death." She ordered the officer. He looked at the captain before taking her arm and marching her back to the cell.

She was shoved into it, her head hanging. She moved to sit against the wall, feeling more defeated than before. She slipped into a daze, her eyes unfocusing as if she had already died.

Wyatt had hidden the gun beneath the bench. Jane was tossed into the cell and without a sideways glance at him. Wyatt was then pulled out and taken to where her father was.

"I'm going to ask you one question. And all I want is a yes or no am I clear?"

Wyatt glared but nodded. "Do you want to marry Jane?"

He blinked his eyes. He nodded his head almost immediately. He did. Not today. Not this way. But when the time was right. The way she wanted. Bells and whistles.

"That is all."

Wyatt was taken back and tossed in just as Jane had. Instead of sitting away from her he sat beside her. Rubbing at his face he sighed.

"I'm sorry. For everything." He said just that, the silence taking over immediately except form the sounds of their breathing.

Jane's eyes flicked to his face, her mind far away. She felt numb to everything. She even felt numb to herself. Blinking slowly, she sighed. "Me too." Her words echoed back to her as if from their own tunnel and she closed her eyes.

She gave up, breathing slowing. She simply lost the will to live.

She felt her body as if from a million miles away sink down to the floor. One last thing she could choose was where and how she would die. None of it mattered if she lost Wyatt...and she already had.

Wyatt watched her and shook his head. She was done with him but he wasn't done with her. He pulled her into his lap and crushed her lips. He kissed her hungrily, with dominance.

"You are mine. Jane I'm not letting you just walk your happy ass out of my life. And I sure as hell done like this meek version of you so fire up. I swear if I have to remind you how you're mine to get you back, I will. Right here. On this cold ass floor. With that not and your dad watching." He threatened mischievously.

Jane's mind snapped back as fire met her lips. She gasped, her eyes opening wide to find Wyatt gazing at her lovingly. She buried her head into his chest, shaking and sobbing. His words soothed over her fragile nerves like a balm and she curled into the fetal position in his lap. "You left me!" She cried out, feeling exhaustion tug at her body.

"We both screwed up. Now don't you ever think I'm letting you waltz away from me again. You are mine. I filled you with me. You are wearing my ring and someday dam it my last name. Now get some rest baby girl, I have a feeling we're gonna need it."

He kissed her more tenderly. Cradling her in his lap he wrapped his arms around her for warmth.

Jane's sobs took awhile to finally die down. When they did she curled into him sleepily. "They're gonna end us both..." She wrapped her arms around his waist, tucking her head against his chest so she could hear his heartbeat. She let out a sigh, resting easy in his protective embrace. "I love you, Wyatt. I'm sorry...so sorry...." She yawned, sleep taking her shortly afterwards.

Wyatt wished he could calm his soul enough to sleep. instead he hugged her and quietly rocked her. He watched her as her breathing was calm, her eyes fluttering in the depths of sleep. He smiled. She was the most beautiful person he had ever laid eyes on. Morning came or so it must've been when the sounds of doors opening stirred him from a barly dozed state. Commander Jones stood infront of the cell. No other official, something Wyatt found very odd.

"Morning." she said curtly.

"Thank you for leaving out the good." Wyatt said nodding at her.

"It seems Captain Cabot has requested a planetside dropoff for you two under the clause of procreation. It is under his impression that you two have engaged in coitus without contraception. See that pesky little clause was put there before my handling of La Vedette Navire, and much like the constitution back on third rock, it cannot be changed. All I have to go on is your word and I'm a woman of science. In order to grant you liberty planetside under the protected clause of procreation, you will have to prove this had occurred"

Wyatt blinked his eyes. "Hell I'll do her right now again if you'd like." he said in his dry humor.

The rumbling in Wyatts chest caused Jane to stir. She yawned, slowly waking to the sound of Wyatt speaking to someone. She opened her eyes, tensing in Wyatts arms at the site of Commander Jones.

His words caught her off guard and she blushed heavily before looking at him. "You're telling more people we fucked?" She sighed, rolling her eyes. "If you need proof I'll gladly go to the medical ward..." She stayed curled in Wyatts arms, relishing the warmth

"That is most sensible miss Cabot." She answered coolly. Wyatt's eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Not without me she's not going. I don't trust a single one of you." At Wyatt's words Commander Jones narrowed her gaze.

"As you wish Mr. Cole. You will join as your pair is tested not only for the absence of her virginity but proof that there was unprotected coitus. It's not merely "a fuck" as Miss Cabot so eloquently stated it, the clause protects only in the event of possible procreation. So..." she said stepping closer to the cell. "You better have no issue with a swab of your cheek as we match it to whatever remains you should hope they scrape up. No proof, no planetside, no escaping. Have I made myself clear?" she said with a tone of pleasure in her voice Wyatt stood, setting Jane down on her feet.

"Crystal." Wyatt said standing before her, the cell bars the only thing holding him back from snapping her neck.

Jane stood to her feet, lifting her chin in pride. She followed them to the medical bay, undressing as instructed and donning the gown. Despite extensive medical technology, she winced at the thought they'd have to do this the old way. She just hoped Wyatt wouldn't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.