Beyond the Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just about, yeah. Lots of people you don't want to meet up with." Phoebe walked through the forest, quietly and expertly. She didn't want to meet up with any more people and would like to get Noah in a Utopia as soon as possible. The Protectors would probably be searching soon enough when they found out that one of their own has gone missing. "You miss home yet? I wouldn't blame ya if you did. It's pretty shitty out here."

"The only thing I've missed so far is the food. I've slept in worst places, and this is exciting." He glanced around, and upon seeing no one, looked back at Pheobe.

Exciting? Phoebe found the whole idea of her life being exciting as ridiculous. She kept an eye out for more people. "Hey, back in the Utopias... some people would think about matches? Like, finding their match? What is that?" She doubted it was something where people fought. "I doubt you've slept in worse places." The brunette pushed her hair out of her eyes as she walked. She hadn't been too far out this way, so finding another Utopia was going to be a whole lot of guesswork.

Noah glanced at her as she mentioned a match. He looked back at his feet. "I don't personally know... But a lot of people say it's when you find the one person who makes everything complete in your life." He shrugged.

"Weird." Phoebe looked around before taking Noah's hand and pulling him to the ground. A rock flew past them at high speeds. She took out her weapon and stood back up, searching for the culprit.

"That's her. She stole the bag." A female voice stated as the pair were quickly surrounded by a group of seven people. "If you hand it over, we won't have to hurt you!" The woman was civil, though anger was prevalent in her features and thoughts.

Noah tensed as he hit the ground, which didn't help. He heard a voice and looked up. Crap..that's a lot of people... He thought to himself. He noticed Bob and glared.
Bob glared back.
What now, Pheobe? He thought, looking at her.

Phoebe stood up and held her hands up in a sign of peace. "Look, I don't want to fight. Yes, I stole from you, but we do what we can to survive. I needed-" The girl froze before crumpling to the ground, the woman she had stolen from glaring murder at her now unconscious form.

"Take them both. We'll bring them back to camp. Maybe we can get some good information about the girl." The woman said, keeping her red eyes trained on the young girl. The group moved toward the duo and started to try and bind them.

Noah crouched down beside Pheobe. "I'll have the protector's get you! I can do that!" He said, grabbing the weapon. "This has a tracker in it!!" He held it up. "Don't move!" He hoped it would work.
Of course...then again...
He had no idea what he was talking about.

Bob, however, hesitated. He hated the Protectors...what if they did come after them?

"It doesn't have a tracker. If it did, they would have been on you before you got in this situation." The woman said, growing irritated. "Now, someone please take the weapon from him and tie them up!" She glared at the girl, causing small shots of pain. Sweat started to drip down her forehead as she focused on keeping the girl useless to help the young boy.

"STOP!" Noah yelled at the lady, firing the weapon. It hit Bob in the shoulder and he crumpled to the ground. Noah blinked. Oh... He pointed it at the lady. "Stop it!"

"Shit!" The group started to scatter, leaving the woman alone. "Of course! Cowards! Cowards, all of you!" She took a step back before running herself, braking her hold on Phoebe. The brunette slowly opened her eyes shaking slightly and panting. She looked around, trying to figure out what happened.

Noah, still clinging to the weapon, knelt by Pheobe. "Are you okay?" He asked, allowing his fear to seep through as he shook a little, biting his lip as he glanced around to make sure they were safe.

"I... I'm fine... I think..." Phoebe said, sitting up. She hugged herself, still feeling the remnants of the pain. "Did they hurt you?" She asked Noah. "I mean, bringing you back bruised wouldn't help me at all..." She didn't want to move, however there could have been more groups that could possibly try and hurt her. She rubbed her arms, shivering.

Noah shook his head. "I'm fine, but you don't seem completely okay. Are you sure?" He put a hand on her shoulder, genuinely concerned for her.

"It's just aftershocks... I'll be fine. I'll be fine..." Phoebe started to stand up, wanting to move. "We just need to get moving, alright? You probably shouldn't be out here longer than needed..."

Noah grabbed her elbo, gently helping her to her feet. "I'm fine out here." He said. "Though I would agree that staying here isn't a good idea.." He relaxed only slightly.

"Right... Let's go." Suddenly a rock shot out and knocked Phoebe out. Another rock hit Noah, knocking him out as well. A mysterious figure took the two teens and started toward a small cabin. They ended up in a room with the person, an older man. He was stoking a fire in a small fireplace. It seemed that the building was built on the foundation of one of the old remnants of a building from the old world.

Noah groaned as he hit the ground..
Shifting, Noah winced, his head throbbing. He stilled, unwanting to open his eyes to the flickering light on the other side of his eyelids, so he just lay there, drifting in and out of consciousness.

The man walked over to his captives and put some smelling salts underneath their noses, waking them up. "I'm sorry for earlier." He started as Phoebe blinked awake. "My group will be back soon. They won't mind having two more people as company. We've been trying to grow. Now, are either of you two hungry?" He moved to a pot. Stew boiled, warm and ready to be eaten.

Noah groaned softly, holding his head in his hands. "Couldn't...you have...asked?" he said quietly, not sitting up but curling up in a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.