"... I'm the first one?" He confirmed softly, whilst eyeing the other in disbelief. "That's... I'm sorry, but there are so many other better people for you to meet. I'm just some weak priest from a small town in Georgia, you could have met someone great! Someone... someone who changed the world," he explained wearily, before getting the stove started.

"Look, I-I mean... are you sure you aren't comfortable putting Makai's pants on?" He admitted with a bashful snort.

"Don't put yourself bad, good gosh~ I'm glad I met 'ya first. Who else would accept me in, while knowing what I am and after all the shit Makai out you through? I think you're awesome, as I've constantly said, and if I have to tell 'ya that every day, I will," declared the demon promisingly, while fidgeting just a little to rearrange the blanket around himself. When it was implicitly pointed out, he shot the priest a wide grin in amusement. "I mean, I'd rather not wear his clothes, to be honest. I'm going to have to, and considering he's larger than I am, it'll look ridiculous, but it's better than the look I have going on right now, ain't it? I can't go out in a blanket-- humans will probably stare weirdly at me."​

"Probably. You at least have underwear on, right?" He asked, while keeping his eggs on the skillet... well, other than to offer just a quick peak at the demon's admittedly handsome frame. His eyes darted back, though, and wiped his face of the blush before turning to snatch some proper eggs. "I dunno, though. What, with all the chaos and whatnot, you'd probably fit in just fine. I don't know how I'm going to explain you to the congregation, if they even show up... 'oh, yes! This is my new friend who is living with me and can't touch certain things!' Like, that sounds pretty preposterous ."

"I have boxers on, obviously. I don't think I could be brazen enough to be sat here, naked, with only a blanket covering my modesty. It's not... I'm... not that confident, really. As much as I'd like to be, it's not in me to be that cocky-- bad choice of words, really-- see, I babble when I'm embarrassed. I can't just be cool and suave, can I?" He laughed under his breath, his own cheeks now a bright shade of red in response to both the other's glances, which he clearly caught, and the babbling he persisted in doing despite hating himself for it. Makai would have made some playful innuendo, sat back with a charming grin and took in the sight of the inevitable bashful blush he received. It was one of the things Azaiah envied him about, his charm, and tried to copy... but often failed miserably whenever he attempted to execute it in real life.

"Hey, I'll convince them that I'm a good help. Or we don't tell 'em. It's not like I'm being employed there. I'm just helping out now and then, aren't I? Do you need to tell them about that? I... I'm nervous around people."​

"You're a demon, Azaiah. Why would you be afraid of anyone? Most of the people who come to church frequently are old women, and they're really lovely- were, I guess. Just, try to act natural? Dress well, I suppose, and just greet everyone with a smile. I guess you don't really agree with me, but I know for certain that God helps these people with their day. A good smile always sets the mood for the rest of the day, eh?"

"Yes, well, God isn't really... talked about highly down where I'm from, obviously. He's an interfering old dude who needs to mind his own business-- at least, that's the assumption, you know? I personally don't mind him, aha..." Laughed the demon, doing his best to stay on the right of polite. Granted, he would have ranted and raved about the many faults he found in God and Ivan's religion... but he knew better than to voice them. They could simply agree to disagree, and leave the subject alone without bringing attention to it.

"But... I can be charming. I'll shoot 'em a smile and just be on my best behaviour," he promised once bringing the other topic back to the forefront. "Act natural, right? Sorted~"​

With the sizzling of the eggs, he relished in the surprisingly domestic scene. To be sitting besides a man, cooking breakfast with him, was something he always dreamed of. Granted, he never expected it to be with a demon, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

"Look, let's just enjoy breakfast. Want to help me cook? I mean... do demons need to eat? I'd love for you to help with waffles or something, it would be nice. I'd like to treat this like a... close friendship."

"Close friendship, eh? That'd be awesome, you know? Because, let's face it, you have every right to tell me to fuck off, considering I'm a demon and all-- and sure, I'll come help~" Cooed said demon as he hurried to join his side, tightening the blanket as subtly as he could around his waist. "I mean, I can't really cook all that good-- I can definitely eat a whole lot, but cook? I've never really had to cook, you know? But hey, tell me what I can do, and I'll give it a shot~!"​

"W-Well, I mean,could you cook the bacon? It's simple enough, and it's in the fridge. Just, put it on a pan and fire up- unless you want it in the oven, but I'm not a big fan of that." He explained, before shooting the man a small smile, though was unable to keep his eyes off the man. Ivan was beyond romantically repressed, and, while he didn't want to just jump the man's bones, the idea of really, truly kissing Azaiah was certainly nice.

"Anyway, y-yeah! I'll pop in some toast, and I'd love to make you a classic southern breakfast, but I don't have any sausage or fritters..."

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Bacon-- like in those sandwiches you gave us yesterday? That's all I need to eat, it was pretty great. I'll get that sorted for 'ya," beamed the demon, seizing the opportunity to prove his worth and helpfulness as he grabbed the bacon and followed the directions he was given, watching over the bacon as it cooked. He didn't want to turn away and have it be ruined - anything less than perfection risked his position in Ivan's life, he felt, so only perfection would be suitable.

"...Hey, I'll be here awhile. You can treat me to a proper breakfast anytime you want, there isn't a rush. I'll stay as long as you'll have me-- I guess walking about half-naked isn't helping me much, is it? Is this disrespectful or somethin'? I know you're a priest and all, so this doesn't seem right, but... I'd rather risk upsetting you a little, because you'll forgive me, than wearing Makai's stuff."​

"Look, I'll go to the thrift shop and pick up some clothes. I don't mind if you wear Makai's things, but if you really want to wear something, I can hook you up," he offered, trying to seem far more 'hip and happening' than he actually was. To stop embarrassing himself once realizing just how lame he seemed, he hurried to plate the eggs and offered a wary smile.

"I mean, I'm pretty messed up now, ain't I? I've got a half naked man, who I kissed, besides me making dinner. It goes against so much that my religion is about..."

"...I mean, it'd help when I put on clothes, wouldn't it? Look, I won't pretend that I'd prefer to be just friends. I'd definitely like more, but I'm not an inconsiderate asshole either. You have your job, the kiss wasn't natural in that Makai basically made you kiss one of us, and... yeah, being friends already seems like a huge risk on your part. Priests don't generally befriend demons, do they~?" Grinned the other as he grabbed the pan and set down the bacon, apparently able to hold the pan without burning himself. Hell, he could walk through fire without any repercussions, yet picking up a Bible could burn him to the bone if he didn't let go of it.

"You won't lose your job, chill. Nobody knows you kissed me. You can introduce me as your brother or cousin or something, so they don't get suspicious, if 'ya want. I'm really... I'm totally fine with being your friend. It's a tad... disheartening, but I'm a big boy, I'll get over it~"​

Ivan stared at the plate warily, his brow knitting together, only to break the still moment to hurry and grab silverware, setting it down properly for them both. He then scurried to the fridge to pull out some proper juice and poured them both a glass. It was a weak attempt to put off his response, and he knew it wasn't very subtle, hence why he eventually sighed as he took his seat.

"I... I enjoyed the kisses, and I don't want those to end. I just feel like breaking my oath and having sex would be ruinous to me. Maybe... Maybe some day, but I don't think I'm ready. I'd like to focus on fixing this town first, though that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy the occasional kiss?"

"Sex would be ruinous, really? Like, shit, that's how serious they take it? Right, that's... yeah, sex is totally off the menu, understood. Kisses are completely fine-- we don't even have to do that, seriously. I... I'm pressuring you, it's wrong of me. We'll be friends, that's fine, you don't need to alter your stance just because I might be upset with just being friends. We're friends, that's enough for me," he backtracked rather quickly, having instantly seemed to realise just how much Ivan was sacrificing by offering the kisses and the affectionate friendship. As nice as that would be, and despite wanted far more than a friendship, he had seemed to accept that he was pushing him away from what his job dictated, and, with his focus solely on being a good friend, taking him away from that didn't seem very nice.

"Really, you have your job, y'know? I wouldn't feel good about bursting in, making you kiss me and then seeing you lose your job, it wouldn't be right of me. Friends can still have fun, dude. Kisses aren't everything, anyway..."​

"No, no! You're not being forced, I promise!" He assured, his hands shooting up in defense as he offered a small smile. After all, he didn't really know how else to reply other than just nervous laughing. "I want to kiss you! I just cant have anyone else find out, you know? And sex? I mean, I... I don't know how I could lie about that, you know? Or explain? I just..." he stammered out, his face beetroot as his laughs turned to awkward giggles and snorts.

"Who's ever going to ask you if you had sex? Nobody's ever going to assume you lost your virginity, if you have this crazy vow and promise not to do anything. You love your job, right? And you haven't given anyone any cause to be suspicious, so I really doubt they'll suddenly think you've become this sexual minx just because you introduce me as your volunteer at the church-- granted, I'm devilishly handsome and, sure, we probably will kiss a lot, but they ain't going to even contemplate that," promised the demon with sudden confidence. He wasn't Makai, and he would never promise something he had no control over-- but he was pretty certain that the chances of anyone accusing Ivan of having sex were pretty slim, and that all of this arose from Ivan's insecurities and paranoia.

"Hey, cheer up! We don't have to have sex," he said quickly, wiping his mouth messily with the back of his hand. "Kisses are really fine. Better than nothing, and hey, beggars can't be choosers, so I'll get what I can and be grateful for it~"​

"You know, I'm not suppose to revel in things like this, but... It's really nice knowing that you're so willing to stay around, even for some kisses. I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of attractive people in Hell, and there's certainly some up here, but you seem so determined to stay with me. Wouldn't you rather go and h-have sex with some man down the street? It's certainly a major boost in confidence..." he quietly babbled, while stabbing at the fried egg absently. "It's, ah... It's actually quite disappointing that I can't go and boast in front of Mrs. Jennings. She always would brag about how her husband was a mighty strong carpenter and that they were going to move down to Florida when their kids grew up. I would love to be able to just be like, 'Oh yeah, Mrs. Jennings? Look at the guy who is kissing me. Mr. Jennings has nothing on him!'."

"You think I'm that handsome? Look, compared to some of the guys down in Hell, I'm basically average. Makai has, like, 5 brothers, and they're all pretty dreamy-- Makai's obviously the nicest, I think. But I'm obviously biased-- you really think I'm cute, though? I mean, I don't entirely believe you, but hey, if you think so, then you'd better believe that you're cute too, 'cause there is obviously a reason I'm staying here with you, isn't there?" Protested the demon with a playful glint in his eye, nudging the other under the table with his foot before sighing contentedly, pushing aside his now empty plate. "That was real tasty, hon. Hey, I'll cook for you next time, a traditional family meal of mine. I do a delicious soup-- I'll take out the blood and guts, though. Humans don't eat those, do they?"​

Ivan nervously held his reddened cheeks at the wave of compliments, and bashfully glanced away, until hearing the mention of blood and guts. In fact, he practically snapped his neck to glance over at the other in absolute horror.

"W-What? Blood?! O-Organs?! What do you even eat?!" He squeaked, while physically pushing his still full plate towards the demon.

"Y'know, it isn't that horrifying. You eat meat, right? From animals and stuff? So do we, it ain't that big a deal. And we don't go tearing an animal apart with our bare hands, can I add. It's all very civilised, not monstrous whatsoever-- chill out, Ivan~ Like I said, I'll make my mother's infamous soup for you, make it human-friendly and I guarantee you'll love it. If you ever end up in Hell, I'll make you the proper version," promised the demon as he gratefully reached to grab the plate, beginning to tuck into the other meal just as ravenously as he had his own. He hadn't had a good meal for a few days, so he was obviously going to seize the chance to scoff down some food when presented with it.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, demons are pretty shitty in general. Look what Makai's done, y'know? But some of us are pretty decent. There's good and bad in everyone, isn't there? And hey, I'm one of the good ones, I think."​