Beneath Deshenekh (DnD 4e introductory RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
4E is really great for some things, but 3.5 still holds my heart. <3 4E is good for action heavy games though, combat's more streamlined than 3.5's, but 3.5 was more fleshed out.

I'm only putting up with 4e because of Heroes of Shadow.

Or Call of Cthulhu.

I like Pathfinder (DnD 3.75 for the WIN!), and I'd love to get more into CoC. C:

I still want to join this! I wasn't told the OOC was up. ("BASIL!")

Silly/Stupid Dragonborn Vampire on the way.

Hey Frosty. So, you're playing a creature with fangs on his fangs. Sounds like something Chuck Norris has.

First I suck out all the blood. Then I replace it with whatever I pick my breath weapon to be. Whee!

Unfortunately, it seems we have to Leader-type. So I think I'll switch my plans to something that can heal. I'll play a (race indeterminate) Warlord/Bard/Cleric/Shaman or what-have-you soon.

...Wish I had been faster to post my Striker.

Go ahead and be your Striker! I'm going to play a Leader, still can't figure out which one yet.

And we can fill in the gaps in healing with liberal amounts of pot(ions)!

Name: Zayin
Class: Bard
Race: Dwarf
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Varric.jpg

STR 10 | +0
CON 12 | +1
DEX 10 | +0
INT 16 | +3
WIS 16 | +3
CHA 18 | +4

Size: Medium
Speed: 5-squares
Vision: Low-light

AC: 15
Fort: 11
Reflex: 14
Will: 15
HP: 24
Surges: 8
Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS

Arcana +8, Streetwise +9, Insight +8, Perception +8, History +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS

Acrobatics +1, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +5, Nature +4, Religion +4, Stealth +1, Thievery +1, Athletics +1

FEATS

Bard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Superior crossbow)

RACE FEATURES

Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance

Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 vs. poison

Dwarven Weapon Proficiency: Proficiency with throwing hammer and warhammer.

Encumbered Speed: Move normal speed even when reduced by armor or heavy load.

Stand your Ground: When an affect forces you to move (pull, push, slide), can negate move by 1 square less. In addition, on an attack that would knock you prone, can make a saving throw against.

Dwarven Resilience : Second Wind can be used as a Minor Action.

CLASS FEATURES

Bardic Training: Gain Ritual Caster as a bonus feat, get a ritual book containing two rituals, one that has bard as a pre-req and another 1st-level ritual. Can perform one bard ritual per day of your level or lower without spending components.

Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Prescience: 1/encounter as an immediate interrupt, when an enemy hits an ally within 5 squares, grant that ally a power bonus equal to Wis mod (+3) to the targeted defense until the end of that enemy's turn.

Majestic Word: 2/encounter, 1/round. Target can spend a healing surge and regain additional hit points equal to Cha mod (+4). Target slides 1 square.

Multiclass Versatility: Can choose class-specific multiclass feats from more than one class.

Skill Versatility: +1 bonus to untrained skill checks.

Song of Rest: When you play an instrument or sing during a short rest, you and allies that can hear you are affected. When a healing surge is spent at the end of the rest, character gains Cha mod (+4) hit points with each surge.

Words of Friendship: 1/encounter, Minor Action. +5 bonus to next Diplomacy check before the end of your next turn.

POWERS

AT WILL
Vicious Mockery: +4 Attack vs. Will. 1d6 + Cha mod (+4) psychic damage, enemy takes -2 to attack rolls until next turn.
Jinx Shot: +7 Attack vs. AC. 1d10 + Cha mod (+4) damage. The first time the target misses before the end of your next turn, it falls prone.

ENCOUNTER
Firemetal Shot: +7 Attack vs. AC. 1d10 + Cha mod (+4) damage. Until the end of your next turn, when an ally hits target, it takes Int mod (+3) extra fire damage.

DAILY
Arrow of Warning: +7 Attack vs. Reflex. 3d10 + Cha (+4) damage. When an enemy makes an attack roll against an ally, the ally who was attacked can make an at-will attack against that enemy as a free action. Ally gains a bonus to attack roll equal to Wis mod (+3).

ITEMS

Ritual Book (Amanuensis, Silence), Superior crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (40), Dagger, Short sword, Leather Armor, Wand Implement, Adventurer's Kit, Lute

TIEFLING WARLOCK ALL UP IN THIS MOTHA!

In the middle of making one right now.

Shoot, Ric, you know I prefer playing weird monster things!

Edit: So we have two controllers, one defender, one leader, and three strikers... Ow. As much as I love Tatters, I think I'll play him in another game. I'll... Make a secondary defender or something.

You sure, Frosty? =(
We'll be fine I'm sure!
With how many strikers there are, we'll be fine.

I'm sure! Gives me an excuse to use my new book. We'd be more than fine with three strikers: the combined might of three strikers and two controllers would obliterate even Elite monsters. I like Vay too much to do that to his game, and I much prefer cinematic battles to "BOOM, first round K.O.!" anyway. ^_^

Well, all the more reason to put us against beastin' beasties! I want it to be hard, but not ball-stomping hard.
Speaking of which, I need help, Frost. I'mma PM you my problem. xD
Plus my Warlock is a Hellock planning on being a Blood Mage with a pretty nasty combo from the get-go.

I just want to stand in the back, tell mobs their mom's smell of elderberry, and shoot them with my super-beef Crossbow.

And show off my Dwarfly chest hair.

Seiji: That fits Varric (the guy as his picture) so well it's not even funny.
My Tiefling is up soon!