Believe in us.

"Ssssss...." Martha looked at Mir. She knew she had more chances if she grouped with Mir and Serl, than going alone. "Alright, Martha will trusssst the magician." Said her and joined them in their search. "Looks like you made an ally, Mir." Said Serl congratulating his friend. Martha oppened the door to the tower. The place was in ruins, and there was no use trying to go up, but there were a big stairs in the center of the tower, leading to some kind of catacombs. "Come on, strangerssssss. We must hurry." Said Martha, leading their way down into the catacombs.

Mir followed Martha carefully, grimacing at the scent of old death, dust and ashes. He never was a big fan of such things, plus it was underground, something he was rather uncomfortable with. (My apologies but I spent awhile trying to make a long one but it wasn't coming down and I felt so bad I just posted it :( )

As they got deeper and deeper, dhe air become moist and harder to breathe. Plants and roots came from the walls of the dungeon, even water leaked from the ceiling. "Ssssssssss.... " Martha seemed to develop in this environment just perfectly, she moved nimbly between the rather difficult passages of that place. Combat was unavoidable, Serl knew that, and finally, more skeletons appeared. Their bones were rot, with moss attached to them. As the slim enemies walked towards them, their bones made a quite unpleasant noise. "Ssssss! Magician! Take care of those over there. Sssstrager!" Said her to Mir. "Help me handle this ones over here."

( Don't worry ; ) Want some advice? Describe how your character feels about the situation, maybe about some of the characters. Describe how your sees the environment, maybe add something that you think it should be there and I didn't talked about. Maybe the place had torches to illuminate it? Maybe is illuminated by magic? Just imagine you are there, what do you see? )

Mir nodded. "Understood." He said firmly and pulled free his dagger, sprinting towards the skeletal creatures with a cry, leaping into action with slashing and flips to dodge the monstrous beings as he fought with Martha close by his side. He turned to protect Martha's unguarded back, wincing as the skeletal being cut into his leg deeply but he cut the creature down to a pile of unmoving bones quickly, panting from the exertion as the commotion ceased and all of their foes were felled.

"Martha, are you well?" He asked, hiding his pain completely as to not slow them down while they would hurry on a mission and a little thankful that his trousers were mostly cut up and the fabric dark, allowing him to hide the blood dribbling down his leg slowly. He didn't want any of the two to think him weak for being unable to dodge the weak creatures completely.

Serl walked to the skeletons and just stood quiet with her arms in front of him. From beneath the floor, roots appeared and grabbed the skeletons, making them struggle to get rid of them. Eventually, the enemies continued their advance, and were just about to attack Serl when he opened his eyes and looked at them. "May the light of the goddess have mercy on you, because I wont." With his words, a sudden light appeared from his body, and was canalized trough his arms towards the skeletons, who just disassembled and fell. Serl smiled. Undead. My strong point, thought him.

Martha looked at Mir. "Yesssss. Skeletonsss are no mach for my bladessss." Said her. Then she looked at Serl. "Come on magician. Let'ssssss move." She seemed unimpressed and slightly disrespectful against Serl. Gaining her confidence was gong to be really hard. Serl followed her, getting next to Mir while doing it. "Are you okay, my friend?" Asked him.

"I'm fine." Mir said firmly, teeth clenching as he followed Martha deeper into the dank, wanting to sit down but wanting even more not to look like a weak woman in front of his powerful partner and the powerful lizard woman. "Are you alright Mir? There were a lot of them and many weapons." He grunted softly as the incline dropped and he ended up sliding down, his cut flesh being ground into the dirt painfully. He stumbled when they reached the bottom and looked around the dimly lit cavern. "Where is this?"

Martha looked around. They were in a pretty big room, with prison cells all around, and a few lizard people on those cells. Martha felt the urge to help them, but the lack of enemies or anything was too suspicious. Serl looked around and couldn't avoid to look at Mir. And his wound. Serl walked close to him and looked at him, helping him standing up. "You should have told me." Said Serl. "This may hurt you a little bit now." Warned Him to Mir. In principle, healing magic shouldn't hurt, but if applied to fast, the restoring effects may cause pain to the body. He grabbed him bi the shoulder, and put his other hand above his wound. A mild light illuminated the wound and in a blink of an eye the cut closed. "Sorry, too fast." Said Serl apologizing.

"Reveal yourself! Magician!" Yelled Martha. But nobody replied. Just the wind, breathing harder every time, exhaling from the depths of the earth. Serl made sure Mir was alright and then focused on his surroundings. "Ssssssss.... Loksss like nobody issss here...." Said Martha. But Serl capabilities said all the contrary. "Wait. Something is..." Muttered Serl. But then, a laughter interrupted him. "Very good. I can't even believe it..." Said a voice of the necromancer, as he appeared on the room, coming out of the shadows. "What a curious threesome...." Then he got serious. "What brought you here?" Asked the necromancer.

Mir bit the inside of his cheek as his leg throbbed but he wasn't feeling weaker now. "You've been attacking the nearby village haven't you?" He demanded from the man. "And you've taken Martha's friends to use as your puppets!" He jumped as he felt something cold climb up his spine and his body stiffen against his will. He growled ands tried to struggle out of the necromancer's magicks, but his body was unmovable and he couldn't call out to Serl or Martha and bring to their attention what the necromancer was doing. He froze mentally when he realized that a person who only had power over death was controlling him. He felt disbelief creep into his mind as his hand dropped down and grabbed his dagger.

The necromancer smiled, and stood suspiciously quiet. "No, ignorant traveles. This... Lizard has been fooling you. I would never attack the nearby village. Why do it? Risk my... Investigations, and attract undesired guests like yourselves?" Said the necromancer. Serl looked at Martha. "Sssssssss... He issss right. We've been stealing cattle from the village. My people issss starving! But we never hurt anyone!" Explained her. "See? You can't trust this people. The blood on her veins is not the same that ran thou our veins. Kill her, brother. Or I guarantee you, that none of you will walk out of here alive." Said the necromancer.

Mir stepped forwards, face going blank as he lifted up his dagger and thrust it into the lizard woman's back, screaming out angrily and struggling against the necromancer's powers but being completely unable to do anything. He couldn't break free of the hold, no matter how hard he tried and got even more frantic as he advanced unwillingly towards Serl, his body seemingly making it look like he was doing this of his own accord.

Serl looked at Mir, unable to believe what was he doing. Of course, he quickly understood everything. That kind of dark magic was banned, and with reasons. "Soddy, my friend." Said Serl, as he lifter his arm and roots came from the floor, lifting Mir in the air, and tying him strongly. Then, sacrificing part of his integrity, he cast a light spell over Martha, hoping that would help her hold until the Necromancer was defeated. A crimson beam crossed Serl right arm, who was unable to defend in time. "Magician! I will drain the power out of you!" Yelled the Necromancer.

Serl, deaf to his words, endured the pain of his wound and performed what it looked like a rude step of dance, which caused the floor to tremble and suddenly, a big rock was stripped from the floor and lifted in front of Serl. Then, with an abrupt push, Serl sent the rock straight to the Necromancer, who barely avoided it using a magic shield.

Mir felt relief as he was lifted away, enduring the pain of the spiny vines that raked open his flesh and made him wince. The magic holding him began to fade as his body felt limp, eyeing Martha who was unmoving in anyway, a heavy weight of ice settling into the pit of his stomach when realized that he'd killed her, a shiver of disgust with himself running down his spine.

"That's all you've got!" Yelled The necromancer. "You, nature, weak magicians! You could never understand the kind of... Power we, the reckless ones, can achieve!" Continued the necromancer, as he cast again the red beam that this time landed in Serl chest, tossing him flying across the room. "Feel my power!" Screamed the necromancer. Serl was about to be slayed into pieces, and only had a few seconds to do something about it. Hitting the floor as hard as he could, the land trembled again, but this time, the doors of the prison cells fell apart.

Then, there was a moment of silence. A single lizard appeared form one of the cells, and then, behind him, about five more appeared. They moved fast, and the necromancer, overwhelmed by the sudden quantity of enemies was unable to react fast enough and the lizard people quickly beated him to death. Serl took a deep breath and, feeling bad and injured, he let out all the grip he had over Mir, leaving him in the floor as gentle as he could.

Once the necromancer gave no more signs of life, the lizard people went to help their sister. Serl got up as he could and looked at them. "Ssssss.... Stranger.... You killed her..." Said one of them to Mir. "Yesssssss, he did.... He did as the necromancer said..." Said another one. "He is with the necromancer...." "Yesssssss he issss one of them..." The Lizards started to encircle him. Serl moved fast, and checked on Martha. They were wrong, she was not dead. But the lizards hadn't notice it and were about to kill Mir too. "Wait!" Ordered Serl and everybody looked at him.

His hands glow in a bright white light. He was on the edge of exhaustion, but Serl pushed his stamina as far as he could. Finally, after a really tense minute, Martha wounds seemed completely healed. She looked fine. Now, all they had to do is hope she would wake up. Serl fell on his knees, tired as few times before. The lizard people were about to jump on Mir again when Martha moved. She moaned, and slowly got up. "My head... Ssssss... Hurtsssssss..." Said her and looked around. "Brotherssss!" The lizard people reunited and hugged each other. Serl took a deep breath and looked at Mir. Hey, at least we are still alive.

Mir laid on the floor where he'd been set and didn't want to move, as it made some part of his body scream in pain. He winced and trembled, biting his lip hard as he forced himself to take it and get up. He glanced over at Serl, who looked like Mir felt and groaned, also a little terrified that the lizards would continue thinking that he was the enemy for the sheer fact that he'd stabbed Martha in the first place.

The lizards quickly looked at Serl again. "Marhta.. He is a magician...." "Yesssss.... Magiciansssss..." Martha put his brothers aside, feeling better, walked next to Serl and helped him get up. "Don't be afraid Brotherssssss. He is a good magician. He helped me resssscue you and healed me..." Then she looked at Mir. "But you, Stranger.... You wanted me dead..." Said Martha, and the rest of lizards put their attention on him again. "No, he didn't. He was under the influence of the necromancer. But he is free now. He never wanted to harm you, Martha." Said Serl. Martha nodded. It made sense, since he had many other better opportunities to kill her, but he didn't.

Still feeling weak, Serl looked at Martha. "But we still have a problem. We came here to solve the issue with the cattle of the village. That, and a little girl who have disappeared."

Mir was still quite pale as he pushed himself up and limped closer, frowning. "Do you know where that child could possibly be? We need to find her." He said firmly, inching more towards Serl just in case the lizards went against Martha's thoughts and tried to have a go at him anyways. He was most definitely not up to par with his usual strength with his wounds. He most definitely could live though. He then remembered how easily the necromancer, a mage over the dead, had controlled him. Could they do that? He didn't believe so, but then how could he have been controlled otherwise? The thought bothered him for a moment longer before he pushed it back, deciding he'd deal with it later when they'd rescued the girl and relocated the lizards so that they would have a better time hunting instead of stealing from the hard working people.

The lizards looked at each other, not really knowing what to say, or even if talking with a human and a magician was a good idea. "Sssssss..... Brothesrssss. They jussst risked their livesss to sssave yourssss. Speak!" Demanded Martha. One of the other lizards looked at Serl, since they had still remnants of hate against Mir. "The little girl. We helped her... The necromancer wanted to take herrrrr! We lossst one of our brothersss to sssave her. We were captured to sssave herrr!" Explained the lizard. "But then, where is she?" Asked Serl. "Sssss..." The lizards were still reluctant to talk. "Sssss... Enough! Let'sssss get out of here. Let'ssss go home. Any issssue he may have, we will deal with it there, in presence of our leader." Said Martha. "Come on ssssstrangersss. We will talk to our leader, and we will try to find a sssolution to our diferencesssss." Said Martha to Serl and Mir.

Mir looked ready to demand where the girl could be but paused, not really up to arguing with any of the lizard people. "Alright..." Mir followed them as they left the tunnels, gritting his teeth as it felt as though something was gripping his heart and squeezing. He brushed it off and continued on, scowling as they made their way into the forest, face tight with pain as they walked, though he kept up. He had to duck and weave a little, as the forest was an overgrown mess, but he kept Serl within his sight so as not to get lost, as the lizards blended in with the greenery.

They continued walking in that dense woods and finally made it to the swamps. The trees grow tall over the dark waters, catwalks connected one tree to another and hand maded stairs of wood and ropes hang from the trees. Serl looked worried at Mir. Even if Selr couldn't see, he could feel something wrong on his heartbeat. The place was filled with other lizzard people, living in peace in that small place of the nature. "Martha! You made it! And you brought our brotherssssss!" Said a elder lizzard who was waiting for her return. "Ssssss... Yessssss. I made it. But I did it Thankssss to this human and thissssss.... Magician." Said Martha. The elder Lizard looked at Serl, without the usual fear of someone who just meet a magician. "We trusssst your good sensssse, Martha." Replied the elder lizzard.

After a few minutes later, the whole lizzard village was talking about the new humans in town. And one of them was a magician! none the less. Finally, Martha took them to the leader, in the cabin in the tallest tree. "Mighty leader." Said Martha with a reverence. "This human and this magician proved to be of indispensable help in my quest to help our brothers. Now they wish to speak with you." Serl didn't payed much attention, he was way too focused trying to 'see' anything, since his feet were no longer in the land, and seeing anything in that cabing was almost impossible. The leader looked at them. How can a ill human and a blind magician be of any help? Thought him. "Speak, then. Human. What is it?" Asked the lizzard leader to Mir.

"We want your help finding a small human girl that the village lost and to ask that you stop stealing from the nearby human village." He murmured, voice weak. He worried as he felt a little dizzy but focussed on the elder in front of him. He blinked and took a deep shakey breath to help him concentrate. "Any information you have on the girl is vital... and the villagers try very hard to raise those cattle you so carelessly steal and eat." He said and winced as the pain in his chest worsened. What was wrong with him? Was that necromancer doing something to him?