Believe in us.

The leader looked at Mir. "The little huam girl you talk about issss here with usss. She was atacked and we sssaved her, we didn't take her." He sighed. "I no longer wish to speak with you. You both look... Ill." The lizard looked at Martha. "Take them to the healing houses. If they helped us as much as you say, the least we can do is help them back." Then Martha nodded and took them to the healing houses, having to help Serl more than he would have liked to, but if it wasn't earth, we was unable to see more than a few steps in front of him.

Once in the healing houses, they were accommodated in a couple of beds, but Serl refused to lay, or even be examined. In the end, he wasn't ill, he was just blind. But Mir was different. Those lizard healers looked at him and examined him, but didn't found the cause of Mir illness. Serl walked next to Mir, well, more like he stumbled his way nex to him. "Ssssss.... Magician. You are not even a doctor..." Said one of the healers. "Yessss... Let ussss do our job." Said another one. Serl chukled. He needed no title to be able to heal. Serl put his hand on Mir arm and, somewhat, looked at him. "Hey, friend. How are you doing." Serl put his free hand over him and it started to birgt in a warmth light. "Let's see what is happening to your body..."

Mir's body showed death. It was rotting and dead, as though it had been that way for ages. Mir looked pale, his breathing shaky as his heart stumbled and his chest burned. His world swam and his voice failed him now, only able to weakly turn his head. He had never felt so horrible before... though he felt like he had felt like this... He gasped as the light made his body tremble in pain and head throb in time with his weakening heart.

Serl focused, muttering incomprehensible words, finally finding the cause of Mir illness, but failing at fighting it. Even if the necromancer was dead, remnants of his magic were still in Mir body, and refused to leave. Serl had seen this kind of corruption before; with their last breath, some magicians were able to give, or pass on a part of their powers to someone they had been in close contact before, physical or mental. While the personality of the necromancer was not in Mir, his dark powers were getting comfortable inside of him. Serl tried fighting those powers again, but there was no use. Soon enough, Mir would become able to handle that power, becoming a 'Zineth' magician. Someone who stole, or was given the power instead of have born with it. At least, Mir was still the same, and will be him the one to decide how to use that power.

Serl finally desisted. "Don't worry, the pain will be over soon." He lloked around and asked the people there to leave. Once they both were alone Serl looked at Mir. "I have bad news, freind. You are not dying, but..."

He blinked up through the haze of pain and groaned, gasping as it felt as though his soul was being torn from his body and rolled onto his side, clutching at his chest and panting, crying out when the sizzling pain arced up and down his spine and he jerked. How on Earth was he not dying?! He could barely understand what Serl meant, whimpering in a rather weak and pathetic way as he vomited up blood. If he wasn't dying then what was happening to his body?! He didn't understand, and it terrified him.

Serl grabbed a chair and sat next to Mir. "Let me help you with the pain..." Serl aimed his hands towards him and with a warm light, he calmed, at least, part of the paind his body was suffering. Still, his soul would hurt at least for a couple of days more. "Are you familiar with the ter: 'Zineth' Magicians?" Asked him, knowing that Mir probably didn't knew the answer. "That necromancer, with his last breath, gave you part of his power. The whole process is hard to explain, but making it short; you will become a magician."

Serl sighed, finishing the temporary cure thet would last for a day or so. "I'm not sure what exact school of magic... See, necromancery is a school of magic, but necromancer magic is different from the others, is more... Artificial. I mean anybody with magic powers can learn it and fully master it with time. That's one of the reasons it's banned." He looked at him. "Mir, you are not that necromancer, you understand? You won't become an evil magician if you don't desire to. All you have is a part of his power. How do you use it is up to you." Serl smiled, trying to comfort Mir. "And your skin, don't worry, it won't become pale. That's a myth."

Mir laid there, panting and wiping at his mouth, absorbing in what information Serl had to give him. He was scared, terrified even, to learn that he was becoming something that was most despised and banned in the world. He looked over as Serl rambled and he smiled a little as it was a little comforting having some one to comfort him for once. He relaxed as the pain was duller, only a throbbing burn instead of a searing pain that made him want to scream in agony. "Thank you." He murmured.

Serl leaned on the chair. "I know becoming a magician may not be the most desired dream you had, but I'm here to answer all questions you may require." Being a magician wasn't easy, and less nowadays. Still, it was an experience many non magicians wasn't able to live. A experience that as Serl saw it, it fulfilled one's spirit, thaught you many things and took you to many places. Magic wasn't only becoming as powerful as one could be and then take advantadge of that power for evil. It was something entirely different, but Serl also understood that having such power could be really tempting. "I trust you, and I believe you will become a kind and nice magician. And if it comes the time you realize you don't want to be a magician, I will help you find the way to return that power to the Edge of Forever. Okay?"

He nodded, grunting as the pain became a little more painful the calmed a bit, hugging his stomach with a face tight with pain. "We can talk more about this if I survive this... this damned curse!" He spat, coughing and spiting up more blood and grimacing. He was really scared now. He wasn't sure if the magician was inside of him, corrupting his soul as they spoke, or if he was safe... He groaned as the room began to spin and his head throbbed.

Serl stood by Mir side at all times. In part because he really cared about his friend, in part because he was not able to se in that wood healing house. The doctor came in a couple of times as the days passed, but Serl just asked for them to leave. Martha came too, and Serl explained her what happened. She seemed scared and doubtfull, and finally she allowed them to stay here until Mir was able to stand up and walk. Then they would solve the issues that brought them here and leave. Three days have been passed, Mir should no longer show signs of any transformation and neither should he suffer from any pain. The transformation should be complete by now. "Mir, my frined. Are you feeling better?"

Mir blinked open his eyes slowly, groaning and rolling over to bury under the covers. "Yes... I just want to rest..." He grumbled, still rather sleepy after not getting more than a few winks of rest over the past three days. In truth he felt fantastic in comparison to the hell he'd just been through. It felt strange, as the world around him felt different. He could hear pulses if he focused, could sense their life force very slowly ticking away, some faster than others. It made him a little frightened, as his own heart beat perhaps every once in awhile. He felt so different... Unnatural...

Serl smiled knowing that his friend was feeling alright. "Then rest." Serl got up. "But make it brief. Lizard people wants us to get our issues solved and out of their lands as soon as posible." Then he walked away, very slowly, taking his time between steps to feel his sorounding and don't stumble with anything. Once outside, he took a deep breath and just stood there, feeling as much of his envioronment as he could. "Sssssss... Magician..." Serl quickly realized Martha voice. At least his ears were still working fine. "Yes, warrior?" Replied Serl with a smile. "I... Ssssss.... Wassss wondering how our... 'Friend' was doing." Asked Martha. "He is fine. Is resting now, but don't worry, we will get our issues solved and will leave no later than tomorrow."

Mir rested for several more hours, finally rising late in the afternoon, feeling much better. He sighed and got up out of the bed and stretching, groaning softly as his body popped all over. He rubbed at his sleepy eyes and stood, wandering out into the sunlight, wincing at the brightness of the light suddenly blinding him. "Serl?" He called out softly, flinching as several lizard people gave him sharp glares.

Martha looked inside the healing house, seeing Mir sleeping and then looked back at Serl. "You are an honorable man, Serl. Isssss your frien who worriesss me." Said Martha. Serl smiled, and looked at her voice. "He is going trough a tough moment. This is no time to judge him." Replied him. "Ssssss.... Maybe... Maybe you are right.... I hope our roadsssss corsss again... Ssssserl." And then Martha left. Serl stood outside the healing house for a wile, listening to the locals, breathing the rather thick air of the swamps. Finally, Mir seemed to feel better. "Here, my friend." Said Serl and got close to him, again, really slowly. "I'm sorry, outside the ground, I'm almost blind." Said him. "Come on, help me and let's go see the lizard leader. We still have a couple of issues to deal with."

"Alright." He took Serl's arm and helped him towards the head lizards home over the wooden boardwalks and through the swamp towards the center of the village. He felt a little shaky still. He was feeling a little better now that he was up and about, enjoying the heat of the sun on his cold skin. "Serl... How could I be good and a Necromancer at the same time?" He asked, looking over at the older man as he lead him along.

Serl smiled. "You got it all wrong. There is no such thing as 'bad magic' or 'good magic'. Magic is just a power, something that lay deep inside you. Something you choose how to use." Serl, still grabbed to Mir, walked slowly, carefuly where he put his barefoot feet. "Necromancery is just the power over life and death. Is a powerful power indeed... But as I said, you may not be a necromancer at all. Maybe you are just a magician from the air school. Maybe you could even learn how to fly..." Serl chuckled.

"Oh... that makes more sense..." He smiled gratefully, feeling a bit better thanks to Serl's reassuring words. "I appreciate your reassurances... I'm born from a line of fallen aristocratic magician's... so I knew of what could happen... but... You've helped me think of the brighter side of thing's. hank you." Mir stumbled as ther boards walk disappeared, having collapsed into the muck of the swamp and ended up with the two of them sprawled out into the muck and water. "Damn!" He spat, choking on a mouthful of swamp grass and sputtering. "How did I not see that?!" He spat, pushing himself up and shuddering as he knew he had mud in his clothes, and was now filthy. "Serl, I'm sorry... I did not noticed that boardwalk having a gap in it."

Serl fell with Mir into the muddy waters, and that felt really weird. The density of the water achieved by the soils of the land made Serl able to have a light control over it. "Nevermind, friend. If it make you feel better, neither did I noticed it." Said him laughing, obviosly joking. "Come on, let me get up." Said him, as the mud seemed to help him get up. Some of the lizard people there looked at them, mocking of the clumsiness of those humans. "I ssssssse you humansssss are enjoying ourrrrr pool?" Said a male lizard standing on the boear walks. "Let me help you." Said the lizard giving them a hand to help them get out of the mud.