Believe in us.

Serl moved quick trough the woods, in the end, it was his environment. "Is told that there is a mountain, in the distant Orient, so high it beats the clouds and challenges the sky." Serl took a deep breath. "Reading the book, is the only thing I can came up with. As for the other two items, I'm still clueless." Then he looked at him with his blind, closed eyes. "Do you have any idea where could them be?"

"None. But maybe perhaps things just as great? A mountain that scrapes the sky is rather impressive..." He hummed in thought. "Perhaps the deepest vally? Or largest lake?" He thought aloud. What do you think a mountain that tall is like? I've never been outside of the town before..."

Serl wondered, continuing walking and perfectly avoiding any obstacle in his way. "I've been before in tall mountains, but none of them even dared to face the clouds. A mountain that reaches the very same sky..." He went silent for a second. "I don't know. Cold, really cold." Serl sighed. "As for the other objects... Let's focus on finding this mountain first and hope we are right, and found the first object in there."

"Alright." They walked for a time in silence before Mir wanted to say anything more. "You can move rather well for some one without sight." He stated, stepping over a log and watching as Serl did as well without any problem. "Can you actually see, just not with your eyes? Do you use your magic?" HE asked, a little interested and trying to get to know his partner who he'd quite possibly be around for a long while.

Serls smiled. "Yes, indeed. But is not just a spell or magic, is more like... An artistry. But is restricted to the magic domain of the carrier. I will put an example:" Said Serl while walking. "My main domain is earth. The link I have with the nature allows me to use my body to feel and see through it." He smiled, trying to explain it the best he could. "This is a special skill that I developed and is not taught. And, as I said, is restricted to the earth domain. A... Fire domain mage, or a healer for example, they could never develop such ability." Serl jumped over a log and they reached the road again. At the distance, the road crossed a small village. "Of course, the other domains have their own unique 'artistries'. I heard once, of a mage from the water domain, who was able to walk over liquids." Serl chuckled. "You just need a dominion and some imagination."

"That sounds... interesting. And useful. Why can't magicians just share their abilities to better the world?" He wondered, his views having changed thanks to the goddess and Serl's kindness in information. "It makes me wish I had enough magic in myself to do anything with it, but I'm just a watered down mongrel." He sighed, thinking about how it would be to walk over water. "Wait... could air domain mages perhaps fly through the air like birds?"

Serl laughed when he heard Mir question about flying magicians. "No. At least not that I've heard of. But what I've have heard is air domain mages using devices, like... Kites. Devices that simulate the figure of a bird. Then using their magic they can fly. But by themselves?" He chuckled. "Well, I guess it could be possible." They finally made it to the small village. There, some people was arguing in front of the town hall, with what it seemed the deputy.

"And where is the mayor!? Aren't he going to do anything!?" Yelled one angry villager. "They are killing our cattle!? Isn't that important enough!?" Yelled another one. Everybody seemed pretty pissed off by something, but then a woman appeared, crying. She barely made id to the crowd and fell to the floor, kneeling and crying. "What happened?" Said one of the villagers as everybody went silent. "My... My daughter..." The woman was sobbing. "They took my daughter!"

Mir frowned and stepped closer. "Who took your daughter? Who is killing your cattle?" He asked, frowning as he looked over the haggard and angry villagers that all turned towards him and Serl.

"Have you come to kill them sir?" Asked one older man.

"Have our prayers been answered O Goddess?" One woman cried as the crowd came closer, the deputy looking relieved while also a bit suspicious of the rather scruffy duo.

Serl stood speechless for a couple of seconds. Willingly he would help them, but 'them' could be anything. From bandits to dragons. "Where is your mayor. We demand an audience with him before we make a choice." Said Serl, and everybody went silent. "Of course..." Muttered the deputy, and let Mir and Serl come into the town hall. The crow seemed happy, and at the same time angry. What kind of mayor didn't faced his people and hided in the town hall?

"Who are this people, deputy? Are they here to help us?" Said the mayor looking at both of them. "First we must understand your problem, mayor." Replied Serl. "Oh! Yes, sure!" The mayor got up. "Are those damn 'lizard people'! They started coming not long ago. Started to steal our food and kill our cattle." The mayor seemed desperate. "Now they also took the daughter of one of our villagers." Said the deputy. "Please! You must help us!" Begged the mayor.

Mir nodded, ready to help however he could. "Do you think you could help us by giving us some supplies for our help? That is, if your want Serl. I can do this by myself if your don't want to." He looked over at the mage inquiringly.

Serl smiled. "Of course, I will gladly help." Said Serl. "I'm... I'm afraid we can't help you with this issue." Said the mayor. And he was lying. Of course they had weapons and equipment, but the mayor was a distrustful miser, and wasn't disposed to gave them anything until they had finished the job. "We don't know where are they hiding. But we know they have been recently seen in an abandoned watch tower two days from here." Said the mayor as he walked to a map on the wall and showed them where it was.

Serl looked at Mir. "Well, is the best clue we have. I think it would be a good idea to go there and take a look." Said Serl, wondering why would be the lizard people doing in an abandoned watch tower.

"Alright. We'll do our best to bring back anything taken as well sir." He said, looking ready to take on the world. "We'll be back within the week." He bowed his head slightly in respect of the authority and then turned, leaving the building, thunder rumbling in the distance as the exited to find the crowd still gathered at the steps.

"Serl, we should see if maybe we can get a weapon or two bigger than my dagger, just in case. And maybe some cloaks for us, I can see rain clouds in the distance." He murmured softly into Serl's ear. "Do you suppose we ask the people of the village if they are willing to spare a few belongings to us for a week?"

Serl looked at the people as they walked back to their homes. "Look at this people Mir. I don't think they have anything that may be useful for us." Said Serl. The villagers of that small town were just humble farmers and the only weapons they may had were their tools and their fists. "I'm afraid we should rely on ourselves for this task." Then a girl interrupted them.

"I want to go with you." Said the girl. Serl turned around to look at her. She was barely 18 years old. Maybe even younger. "This is my village and I want to help you." Insisted the girl. She was dressed with a light leather armor and regular clothes. Also had a couple of kitchen knives attached to the armor, and a dagger on the belt. Serl sighed, knowing that any help they could have would be appreciated. But she looked untrained and he felt that she may just be a burden in their task.

"You could help us, but you couldn't come with us young lady." Mir said firmly. "You can stay and make sure the village remains safe, but we do not have the supplies for another." He said gently, hoping not to upset her.

The girl mumbled some words, even cursed them between teeth. But finally accepted their will and stood in the town as Serl and Mir walked away. Contrary to what the mayor said, it only took one day to get to the tower. It was a quite strong construction, made of thick stone, the plants had started to climb by the walls, making it noticeable that the place was abandoned. Located on top of a little mountain, it oversee the whole valley that stood in front of it.

As they approached, sounds of fight could be heard. Swords blocking attacks and bones being broken and falling to the floor. Bone sounds? That was really irregular, but as they approached they saw the answer to such noise. A lizard female was fighting a couple of skeletons. Dead, rose from the grave! That wasn't right! Thought Serl giving a step forward. The female lizard didn't had many troubles finishing the skeleton enemies, and was then when she noticed Serl and Mir, fault of Serl for getting angry seeing that kind of magic.

"SSSSSSSS!!!! Martha seesssssss strangersss!" Said the lizard. "But Martha wishesssss no harm to the strangersssss. Martha is here to rescue her friendsssss." Still, the lizard stood in a defensive position. Due to the sins of many lizard people, some of them had to bear the hate of the humans. Just like Magicians had. "Sssssss! Pleasssse, strangersssss. Help Martha or leave her alone. But don't harm Martha. Ssssss..." Said the lizard. Serl looked at her, prepared to cast anything he needed to. Still, he gave her a chance, honoring her with the benefit of the doubt. Serl was indecisive of what to do. If it were for him, he would let the lizard alone on her quest. But she also needed help, she looked mildly wounded, and who knows what awaited for them inside the tower. "What do you say, Mir? Help her or leave her." Asked Serl.

"Let's get a bit more information first..." He murmured, stepping forwards slightly but holding up his hands to show he had no weapons. "We will not harm you without cause. What has happened to your friends? Are they the ones attacking the nearby village?" He asked gently.

"Sssssssss." Martha stepped back, dual wielding two swords, staying in defensive stance. "Noooooo... Rackjna Clan never hurts humanssssss." Said her. "Issss the magician on the tower! Magiciansssss are evil!" Martha looked nervous and Serl could sense also fear inside her. "Ssssssss... Plessse, Martha is here only for her friendsssss... Ther issss no time, they need Martha help!"

"What do you suppose Serl? Shall we help her?" He asked, not quite sure as to wether or not the lizard was completely trustworthy.

Serl relaxed and looked at Mir. "The power necessary to wake the dead from their rest is powerful..." Said him. "We will help you rescue your friends. But in exchange, we demand your assistance in defeating the evil magician who inhabits this place." Serl was firm and decisive. "Ssssssss...." Martha also saved her weapons. "Yessssss, Martha will help assss long assss the strangersss fulfill their part in our deal. Ssssss." Said Martha.

Well, that went pretty well, thought Serl. "But now, you both must realize that the evil magician that resides in this place can only be defeated with magic. So I beg you for your comprehension, and understand that, we, magicians are not all, evil creatures, thirst of power and mightiness." Declared Serl. Martha then realized that Serl was a magician. "Sssssssss.... Magician...." Said her, having second thoughts about helping them.

"Hey, Martha. He is not bad, we're here from the goddess herself." He said gently. "Let's get your friends and stop that Magician from hurting them. Alright?" He asked, ready to do what he could to help, his hero complex coming to the fore.