1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.
I S A B E L L E
Stepping onto the set, Isabelle felt more like an awed fan, walking on sacred grounds than actual cast member. And, though, she was in fact, a cast member she was still that drooling fan. It took her great strength not drop her jaw in admire all around her, otherwise, she really would look like an even bigger amateur actor than she was.

American Horror Story. It was amazing to her that her first real breakthrough would be on her favorite show. Working with her favorite actor. Even if it was a supporting role, it was still a role nonetheless and when they called her back after first auditions she had never felt so ready for anything in her life before.

It meant no more small, tiny roles where she wasn't even recognizable or let onto to a carpet and invited to a premiere. This was where her career really started, where it would kick off. At least, she hoped it would anyway.

Even if it did not go the way she wanted, Isabelle didn't care. Because she was still goibg to be part of the production of the marvelous shoe and meet other amazing actors and stresses. The cherry on top was really Ethan Carstairs, whom she had come to admire since episode one of the first season.

"So, call me when you're done and I'll pick you up."

Isabelle blinked and turned to her side, she had completely forgotten her sister's, Avaline, presence in that one instant. Her sister had walked her into the front, just so she could get a peek too."Why didn't you just give me the car? It would have been easier on us both."

"No, because I have plans too. Now stop asking futile questions and go and do whatever it is you have to." Avaline smiled knowingly at her sister. "Isn't your bae around here somewhere."

"Oh my god, Ava. You can not say shit like that here. Do you want me to die?" She huffed, glarrong into her older sister. Because she would die of extreme embarrassment before she even had the chance to act. "Go, don't you have plans or something? A job maybe?"

"I sure do. Remember to call when you need me."

And just like that, she was gone. Much to Isabelle's happiness.

She had work to, she made her rounds by going to and talking with the director and producers, who me she found it easier to talk with. To be more open, she found it easier to talk with them than the acting crew, whom she was just making her way over to. Why?

Because she had already met the director, the producers and even somebothers during her auditions. The others, however, no. And to make it a little more nerve-wrecking, some of these members had already knew one another from the prior season. While the others where just as experienced actors who had been in a lot other works.

So, yes, she was feeling a bit shy.

e t h a n
"Daaaaaaaaaaaadddyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Ethan Carstairs looked up to see his little daughter Bianca run across the set of American Horror Story, dressed in a pink princess dress with her dark brown curls bobbing as she made her way across the floor. Ethan was sitting with Ricky, who had played Larry in the first season of American Horror Story, Bayley (Billie Dean Howard) and Leanne (Constance). They were all in costume, and they were waiting for filming to begin.

"Hello, bubba," Ethan said affectionately as his daughter climbed onto his lap with a dolly in her hand. The set of AHS was really not the ideal place for a small child, but Jessa was unreliable at best and Ethan's castmates absolutely adored Bianca.

Leanne reached over and shook Bianca's hand and Bayley handed her a cookie from the table behind them.

The director came around with a pretty Hispanic woman who they had been told would be their new castmate. "Okay, guys, this is Isabelle King and she's going to have a small role on Asylum. If she proves herself we might keep her around for the enxt seasons."

The director, Brad Falchuk, was a rather abrupt man and Ethan was used to his attitude.

"She'll be playing Grace Bertrand, the psycho French girl who's in Briarcliff because she axed her father to death." Ethan scowled and covered Bianca's ears with his hands. "She'll also be Ethan's character's love interest and have his baby and blah blah blah. Okay, get acquainted, we start filming tomorrow."

Brad left and Bayley smiled at the woman. "Sorry. He's quite ... no-nonsense. It's nice to meet you."

I S A B E L L E
"I think I'm starting to get used to it."
Isabelle waved it off easily. And she was, he had been the same way during auditions. Which had scared her a little, but reasurong to know up front what he had thought of her. And now, here she was, standing in front of the rest of the crew.

"It's very nice to meet all of you as well."
She offered a small bashful smile, shifting from one foot onto her other. And she made sure to acknowledge each one of them, excited to be a part of the group for the season and maybe even the nest if all went well.

Her eyes fell on Ethan last, not because she hadn't noticed him, how could she nor. But the reason being was simple because she had been trying to work out the proper greeting in her head. Though, she supposed it really should be the same as the others, it was hard for her not to just blurt all of her praises at once without looking like a moron.

Her eyes fell and landed on the little princess sitting in his lap. A pinkclad princess looked out of place on the set, but still too incredibly adorable.

A grin spread across her face. "I hadn't a clue I would be meeting royalty today. I would have put on something much nicer."

e t h a n
Ethan watched as a grin crept across his daughter's face and his heart warmed when she giggled out of delight at Isabelle's compliment. He grinned, too, and Bianca climbed off his lap to sit in Isabelle's.

"You're very pretty," Bianca said to Isabelle sweetly, reaching out to touch her face before she looked at her father. "Daddy, is Izzy going to be your new girlfriend?"

Ethan grinned and reached out to tickle Bianca's sides. "On screen, baby."

"What does that mean?"

"It means ... my pretend girlfriend."

"Oh." Bianca offered Isabelle her dolly. "Daddy doesn't let me watch his show."

Ethan made a small noise. Of course he didn't let Bianca watch his show. She was seven years old and she didn't need to see her father shooting up schools and murdering fabulous gay people.

I S A B E L L E
"Oh, yeah. It's not for princesses your age." Isabelle took the offered doll and busied herself by combing it's hair back with her fingers. "Maybe when your much, much older."She patted the girl's head affectionately.

Bianca was a bigger sweetheart than she already thought she was. "Do you like cartoons? What ones do you watch?" She inquired, hoping to steer away from the topic of the show.

Because she was too young and innocent to know and understand about the horrors in the show. And she was sure every father wanted to keep their daughters innocent and protected for as long as they could. Hell, even she was that way with her little sister.

"I know I love cartoon movies. What about you?"

e t h a n

"Ooh, I love cartoons," said Bianca in a sweet voice. "I like Disney. Disney is pretty."

Ethan looked up as Brad announced that filming was cancelled for the day because Ryan Murphy, the show's creator, couldn't be there and he wanted to oversee the first scene. Ethan and his castmates groaned.

"You wanna go get ice cream, princess?" Ethan asked his daughter, holding his hand out for her.

"Can Isabelle come?"

Ethan shrugged and looked at Isabelle. "You want to come?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I S A B E L L E
It would be a lie to say she wasn't disappointed with the canceling of filming today. But she smiled at the chance to enjoy a cold treat with both Carstairs. How could she not?

"Of course." She answered with ease and handed back Bianca her dolly as she rose from her seat.

"I'd love to." Said Isabelle, trying not to sound too excited as she grabbed her thin jacket and put it on. Not that did Mich against any cool weather, but it was stylish and comfotabl all the same. "I mean, it's ice cream."

And she knew few or non at all who could turn down ice cream, sweet little Bianca and Ethan Carstairs at once. At least, she knew she could not.

e t h a n

"Yay!" said Bianca happily. Ethan leaned down to pick her up and soon the three of them were sitting in Ethan's black Mercedes as they drove downtown.

"So what's your story?" Ethan asked Isabelle as Bianca played with her dolly in the back seat.

"I don't think I've seen you in anything before," he noted. He'd have remembered her face, she was beautiful.

Ethan hadn't been at the auditions and he wanted to get to know her a little. Especially since their characters would be filming sex scenes eventually. While no actual sex would be involved, they were still intimate and Ethan wanted to befriend her because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I S A B E L L E

"Well, I should think not. I haven't played any notable roles before."
Isabelle shrugged a shoulder slowly. Commercials, minor characters, and small guest appearances were all that she had before now.

"I've just kind of been here and there. This will be my biggest role despite being a supporting actress."She was hoping it would help her breakthrough, yet she was still stoked to be able to work with those from the previous season and even some others she'd seen on the big screen. "And I get to act along side you - and everyone else."

"I've been watching since day one. I'm a fan, really, so everyone I know was just as surprised and happy when I got the role."

e t h a n

Ethan smiled because her story made him happy. He knew what it was like to be an adoring fan -- when he had gotten his role on X-Men and therefore the chance to meet Hugh Jackman, he had pretty much died on his first day.

So he was happy that Isabelle had been cast, simply because he could make her happy like that, too. And he hoped her acting career worked out for her.

They arrived at the ice cream place and Ethan carried his daughter into the establishment. They were regulars there so the staff began to prepare their orders before they even reached the counter.

"Order anything you'd like," Ethan insisted to Bianca as he got his money out of his pocket.

I S A B E L L E
Isabelle recognized the parlor, at least the outside was familiar anyway. But she didn't think too much about that and turned her attention to the menu, searching for her favorite flavor. "Cherry vanilla please. And thank you."

She smiled at him and Bianca too before glancing out the window shortly. "Is this not the parlour Jembry - I mean Jace Lesecki and Embry Ashford were first spotted around?" She was very aware that they were friends, which was how she was introduced to their music in the first place and had been a fan ever since.

"It looks like it anyway."

e t h a n

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I think it was," said Ethan with a small chuckle. Their ice creams were ready and Ethan handed over the money before leading the girls out to the boardwalk.

"Where're you from, Isabelle?" Ethan inquired as Bianca chased birds down the sand below the boardwalk. Ethan let her have fun but kept a careful watch on her in case anything happened.

He was evidently from England and that was obvious, but Isabelle had a bit of an accent that he couldn't pinpoint.

"Are you good with accents? Because I think your character is French."

I S A B E L L E
"Spain, born and raised there, before I was the age fifteen. I suppose I can't truly cover the accent unless I'm actually trying." Isabelle mused with a soft sigh. It didn't help that the rest of her family had the accent too. Some stronger than others.

"I don't think I would have got the role if I couldn't do a French accent."

"I can also do Italian, kudos to mom, German, Brazilian, Irish, Scottish, Swedish and English. So, voice acting is always a second option for me." She grinned, proud and confident of herself in that aspect. There were many more accents she didn't know, but it was still a lot.

e t h a n
"Well, you also wouldn't have gotten the role if Ryan and Brad didn't think you had some sort of potential, so I'm sure you'll do wonderfully."

Bianca had finished her ice cream and was now foraging for shells among the sand. Ethan sat Bianca down on a rock beneath the pier so they were hidden from view and turned to her with a slightly apprehensive expression on his face.

"Have you done kissing scenes?" he asked. "Because you probably don't have all the scripts yet, but we do quite a few of those. I think there's also a sex scene in there."

I S A B E L LE
Isabelle didn't have to dwell on it too answer."I mean. Not unless you count short pecks." Which, she didn't. And she certainly didn't compare it to make out scenes and never a sex scenes.

"It'll be my first time." On screen anyway. She would think it would feel very different in front of a camera, just as every thing else was.

It would be something to act those scenes out with him. She couldn't find the exact word to describe it. But wasn't a bad one.

e t h a n
Ethan bit his lip. He had filmed a lot of sex scenes in his time and he knew how to conduct himself and do it properly, but still, he was slightly apprehensive as it would be Isabelle's first time. On screen, at least.

He turned to her with a sincere expression on his face. "If you feel uncomfortable at any time, please, stop the scene. Don't worry about what the directors will think, your comfort is more important than their shot."

He ran hand through his hair and put on a smile as Bianca ran over with shells for the both of them.

"Thank you, princess."

"You're welcome, Daddy."

Bianca smiled and ran off again. Ethan tucked his shell into his shirt pocket.

"Taissa -- she played Violet -- I think she stopped our kissing scenes, what, three times in one day?" It was true, and Ethan hoped it made her feel better. "And we never did a sex scene."

I S A B E L L E
Isabelle brushed the few grain of sands from her seashells and sighed deeply after short moment of pondering. "Okay, I will."

As much as she hated the idea of holding everyone else up and or failing at the task, she didn't know how she'd precisly react or feel when the time came. She did know the thought of being intimate with someone she wasn't romantically involved with would be awkward or uncomfortable.

Even if it was with Ethan, who she adored and admired.

"Admittedly, it's a little weird just thinking about it."

e t h a n
"Yeah, it always is," said Ethan with a small sigh. "It was for me, when I was first told I'd be doing a sex scene."

He rubbed the side of his nose with his finger. It had been quite awkward but eventually, after quite a few takes, he had pulled out a good scene. But that didn't negate how Isabelle might feel.

"It'll be fine, I'll take care of you," he said with a smile, rubbing her shoulder.

Bianca toppled over and Ethan immediately bounded up to pick her up. She was assuring him that she was fine, but Ethan wasn't having it and he had to thoroughly assess her knees and palms for injuries.

"Okay. You may continue to play."

I S A B E L L E
Isabelle smiled warmly as she watched Ethan checked over his daughter his daughter meticulously. He was so much more caring than she initially thought. And it was sweet.

He'd take care of her? It was easy to believe.

"She is so lucky to have you as a dad. I've never seen others take their child to work with them."

And he was a single father. He became a father at a young age too. At the same time, somehow was able to manage his career and still include himself largely, just as it should be, in her life.

e t h a n
Ethan scoffed and sat back down beside her. "I wouldn't have taken her to work if I could have avoided it," he admitted, rubbing his calf irritably.

"But her mother's unreliable and her nanny is on vacation so I had to take her." Ethan ran a hand through his curly blond hair with a heavy sigh. "Really, it's ridiculous, having to take a little girl onto a set of a horror show."

He sighed again. "But she likes the makeup so she stays in the dressing room with the artists."