Before The Dawn [OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, you all type so quickly. I'm midway through a post as it is, had to stop though because of work. I'll try and finish it now.

Reactions: Raja
Goodness, you all type so quickly. I'm midway through a post as it is, had to stop though because of work. I'll try and finish it now.
I'm not sure what impresses me most about the posts in this roleplay! The high quality content, or how quickly it's produced...

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure what impresses me most about the posts in this roleplay! The high quality content, or how quickly it's produced...
Understand that I'm going to be a fair bit slower. Something I'm also not used to is the, uh, hostility for my character; I'll be arrogant enough to say that I never take IC into OOC, but still, reading insults about my baby hurts me in the heart-area.

But it's good pain. It means my concept is working. ONWARDS, GENTLEMEN, CONTINUE TO HATE HER!

But yeah, I started a post this morning and I don't really like it, so I might scrap it and write it all out again. You people write veeeery quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse, since I need to pick up the pace.

Understand that I'm going to be a fair bit slower. Something I'm also not used to is the, uh, hostility for my character; I'll be arrogant enough to say that I never take IC into OOC, but still, reading insults about my baby hurts me in the heart-area.

But it's good pain. It means my concept is working. ONWARDS, GENTLEMEN, CONTINUE TO HATE HER!

But yeah, I started a post this morning and I don't really like it, so I might scrap it and write it all out again. You people write veeeery quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse, since I need to pick up the pace.
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Your intentions to create an abrasive and hard-to-like character were clear from the start, and it's been well executed IC. But also keep in mind that, whilst nobody is rushing to be Marian's friend, I don't doubt for a second that most if not all of them want to be her ally. There has been a lot of in-character praise for her efficiency and no-nonsense approach that shouldn't be overlooked! :-)

Regarding a post; i plan on having a post for Ava up in 3-4 hours. If you can get a post in by then; fantastic. If not, equally fantastic, just keep in mind that you will have extra content from Avarielle to consider when writing.

I look forward to reading more from Marmite.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
It's moving much quicker than most roleplays I'm in; which is a good thing. Regardless, I think I will be posting this evening; but I won't conclude this scene. A lot of current conversation requires input from Ava (Questions from Sayazar, Ansley's "give it to the mage" comment, etc) and so it seems counterproductive to wait for the cycle to end and then start a new one in order to respond (similar to how you responded mid-cycle as Damian when addressed by Feyre); it would mean another round of loitering in the inn when essentially we are ready to go!

I'll post Avarielle's response regarding the scroll, and then leave it open for anyone to make any concluding contributions to this scene that they wish. We'll then start the next scene after this cycle has officially ended.
Ah, I completely misunderstood what you meant by a 'cycle'. In which case, I should make clear that I agree on your point on mid cycle responses.

Reactions: Raja
Your wish is my command, @Raja, there's another Marmite post for you all. revel in her patronising, and take joy in her stupidity.

Listen, this parrot-and-add-a-bit-more style of posting is really starting to hurt my fingers, typing more reaction than action. So excuse me if I don't react to everything in one go, or in much detail, unless it has anything to do with Marian I'll be keeping the recount brief and focusing heavily on the action part from here on out.

Reactions: Navi Jay
There is so much we can do with this scroll, there could be a demon in it, a plauge, OH OH THERE COULD BE AN ELF!! An elf could be trapped inside by some sort of holding spell....

If we open the scroll the Elf could have information pertaining to King Valdez...or she could assist us on our journey, or try to kill us!

Just to clarify..I am not usually full of crazy ideas....or usually this insanely enthusiastic, I believe that the little rper inside of me has been asleep so long that she's kinda loosing her shit a little...

@RainyDays I understand completely, I feel in larger rps like this I am at a disadvantage due to the fact of the amount of reactions you have to do and somehow intertwine them with your characters thoughts and actions as well? Can lead to some finger throbbing towards the end of one post.

Your wish is my command, @Raja, there's another Marmite post for you all. revel in her patronising, and take joy in her stupidity.

Listen, this parrot-and-add-a-bit-more style of posting is really starting to hurt my fingers, typing more reaction than action. So excuse me if I don't react to everything in one go, or in much detail, unless it has anything to do with Marian I'll be keeping the recount brief and focusing heavily on the action part from here on out.
Excellent stuff! Although, I must make one slight criticism: GreatWest has requested that Lucine's demi-Nosferyte heritage remains unknown to the party at this stage. Visibly, she displays few of the traits that would identify her as such: especially her lack of red eyes or extreme height. Sayazar is only aware of it due to an innate 'racial awareness' amongst the species that allows them to sense each other. If you could edit out this element that would be fantastic.

Regarding the style of posting; it depends largely on the situation. Right now, we're having a meeting and it's important that all of the characters keep up with the proceedings much like in a real-life conference. On the road, it's likely that our conversations will be with one or two others as opposed to the full group and should be more manageable. Or the less social among us may opt against conversation entirely. Similarly, in a battle situation some fighters may 'go into themselves' and pay no attention to their surroundings; others will look out for the comrades and take everything in.

It depends on the character and the situation; but I appreciate that a lot is expected at the moment. Once we're out of the inn, it should loosen off some for those of you who don't enjoy this type of posting.

Which leads me to ask the following:

Now that Rainy has posted, should I conclude the scene with my post this evening, or would you all prefer the opportunity to get extra details in before we leave the inn? I'll start writing my post in about an hour or two and the general consensus at this point will inform my decision.

There is so much we can do with this scroll, there could be a demon in it, a plauge, OH OH THERE COULD BE AN ELF!! An elf could be trapped inside by some sort of holding spell....

If we open the scroll the Elf could have information pertaining to King Valdez...or she could assist us on our journey, or try to kill us!
Haha, the idea of a full-sized Elf contorted in such a way that she fit into the scroll casing is an amusing one.

Whilst the scroll won't be raising any undead armies or reducing Woodsend to Amorynthia's primary nuclear wasteland, Valdez has definitely put the work into ensuring it's particularly difficult to pry open, and placed adequate deterrents to dissuade repeat offenders. Or rather, he's found a wizard willing to put in the work in return for a handsome fee. You'd be surprised how efficient an old mage can be when flashed some gold..!

Reactions: Silvir
Extra details here, please

Extra details here, please
I should make it clear that this is my own stance, too. But if people are not enjoying having to respond to the entire cast, I thought I'd put out the option to move us along sooner.

It is a little tiring to be reacting more than acting but I'm in no rush. I'll just dial down the reacting like RainyDays. I vote for more details.

Haha, the idea of a full-sized Elf contorted in such a way that she fit into the scroll casing is an amusing one.
I've come to believe that with magic many things are possible and it usually is not restricted to the laws of science.

I've come to believe that with magic many things are possible and it usually is not restricted to the laws of science.
Well, yes... But then we miss out on the contortionist elf, which I'm sure you agree is a simply fantastic idea! :yes:

I just re-read the line glorified fruit bowl and it tickled me just as much as it did first time around. Props to Marian for eternally ruining my ability to take Sayazar seriously.

W-whoops, sorry @Aleksandar for eternally ruining Sayazar. Don't worry, I still find him frightening enough to give me chills when I read your posts.

Could we please stick to the past tense(s) with our posts?

Sorry! I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.