Before The Dawn [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wizard is never late...
...Raja Torbins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he's needed!

@GreatWest , Hey, Loki, uhm... I figured that in a world that harbours all kinds of magic, plus stuff like potent Alchemy, changing the colour of your eyes wouldn't be too difficult to do - hence why Sayazar doesn't see it as a sign against Lucine being something other than a Nosferyte - I would even guess he might have used that trick himself sometimes, when it was impediment that he is not recognised. Moreover, she has all the external characteristics of a Nosferyte and although that may not be evident to the humans around, who have barely ever seen one, I think it makes sense, that to Sayazar, who has spent practically his entire life amongst them, seeing her as a member of his race would be the most logical thing. Plus, he is a mage, he has a goot gut feeling towards these things. Nevertheless, he is not aware, that she is halfbreed, for all he knows, she is a bit different because of having lived her entire live amongst humans and, as such, he regards her as an outcast of his kin, as written in the post. Likely, the thought that the others may not realise she is a Nosferyte has never even crossed his mind, which is why I didn't address the issue, and when it happens, that it is brought to his attention, a Stormbringer is never the one to reveal secrets for no reason, so no need to worry. We could figure something out about this discovery as the roleplay progresses, but for now I feel we can leave it at that.

Reactions: Navi Jay
@Aleksandar Loki, I like that. Anyway, now that I think about it, Sayazar knowing about Lucine's Nosferyte blood could lead to something interesting if we play our cards right. We'll see as the roleplay progresses. And I just imagined his reaction to the others reacting to Lucine's secret, like "wait, ya'll didn't know 'bout that? Seriously?" And they just "no?"

Anyway, I'm starting to babble, we can leave this as it is. I just want to point a few things; Lucine was already born with blue eyes, it's one of the characteristics she inherited from her father, and she isn't as tall as a Nosferyte, though she isn't short either. The rest -the black hair, pale skin, few pointed teeth and craving for blood - are all Nosferyte. Maybe you already knew about all this and I understood wrong - which is something very possible to happen since English isn't my first language - but if that's the case, I just wish you don't take me wrong. :c

Yes, I understood it. When I talked about the eyes things, I meant to speak from Sayazar's perspective: he would assume that she did something to change to colour of her eyes and that's why they are not red, which would enable him to continue with the assumptions as I already described. OOCly, of course, I am quite aware that's her inherent state, but my character would have no way of knowing that :)

But thanks for clarifying anyways.

Apologies for the delay in the IC I had some rl commitments that held my attention for the past day.

I demand that we get an interlude where Vance and Faen, and anyone else who cares to join in all drunkenly discuss the various virtues of the women-folk, and argue over who's getting the most looks in. Demand it, I say!
Sign me up!

I demand that we get an interlude where Vance and Faen, and anyone else who cares to join in all drunkenly discuss the various virtues of the women-folk, and argue over who's getting the most looks in. Demand it, I say!
YES. This must happen.

Yes, I understood it. When I talked about the eyes things, I meant to speak from Sayazar's perspective: he would assume that she did something to change to colour of her eyes and that's why they are not red, which would enable him to continue with the assumptions as I already described. OOCly, of course, I am quite aware that's her inherent state, but my character would have no way of knowing that :)

But thanks for clarifying anyways.
Oh cool! Sorry, btw. I really misunderstood. Now everything's clearier. Thank you for explaining!

Haha ok I guess I will?
-knocks on Damian's CS- Damian! What are your intentions with my Feyre? She is my most precious after all.

All questions should be directed in the IC thread. I'm afraid he can't divulge his intentions here!

Fair enough. I like a good mystery and who knows he may grow to hate her or she might friendzone him, and etc etc.

God I missed role playing. How the story can twist and turn into so many different directions...

Indeed. For now it is but a small crush. I just can't wait to see how people will react to his outburst.

Reactions: Navi Jay
@Stuffies12 I admire the whole "We should not open it." Thing. How'd did you come up with such an idea? I wouldn't have figured that would have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was actually a lot harder than I thought at first. There are a few roles I want to slot Damian in comparison to the rest of the group. I'm not used to writing such an optimistic character firstly, which is hard for me to get into the mindset of. Second, I have to remember that he is totally inexperienced in adventuring. So with that in mind I would like to position him as a sort of moral compass for the group (which in itself will be extremely difficult) him being one of the few characters here not tainted by the corrupt rule of the king. He wants to have an exciting adventure and not have anyone die. So naturally, he'll be cautious of almost anything he's unfamiliar with.

I mean, the scroll literally says danger on it guys! Danger!

Reactions: Raja
A moral compass....not a very easy road to take, I mean your character has to be good in almost every aspect of their lives without becoming an annoyance or sounding like a broken record.

At least that's what I think being the moral compass is in a nutshell.

At least you have an idea of where your character fits in the group. I did not think she would be this challenging to write. Or maybe it's because I'm rusty.. I'm having a hard time placing Fey anywhere at the moment.

The scroll says danger but why would it have been given to us then? A test?

Feyre making allies, Damian coming into his own and Lucine challenging him so fiercely... Yes, yes, YES!

Now we have two options; does the group decide for Ava to try and open it regardless of Damian's protests, or do they heed Lucine's call to leave him be? I believe only @RainyDays and @Telfair are left to post, but if anyone would like to post shorter posts giving their stance on the scroll they are more than welcome to even though the cycle has not finished.

If the group decides against Ava trying to open it, then I'm more than willing to conclude the scene at the Crooked Hatchet in my next post, and timeskip to after final preparations are made and we're on our way, if this is something that interests the majority. Whether or not to open to scroll could possibly become an ongoing debate within the group in this scenario, and perhaps later on attempts are made to unlock its secrets; it's a crude reference, but think something similar to Harry & friends trying to destroy Slytherin's locket.

If the characters insist that the scroll be opened, Ava will take it from Damian and perform her best effort. It was pre-planned that the scroll would not react kindly to attempts to opened it, so this situation would show the adventurers that Damian is not as dumb as they think. There is still potential for additional attempts to open it later on, too.

Regardless, I will be posting in about 10-12 hours, so hopefully those yet to post have chance before then. I don't like the idea of starting a new cycle before one has been completed, but the majority are posting very quickly and I wouldn't want to slow the rest of you down by waiting out. Feel free to voice your opinions on this.

A moral compass....not a very easy road to take, I mean your character has to be good in almost every aspect of their lives without becoming an annoyance or sounding like a broken record.

At least that's what I think being the moral compass is in a nutshell.

At least you have an idea of where your character fits in the group. I did not think she would be this challenging to write. Or maybe it's because I'm rusty.. I'm having a hard time placing Fey anywhere at the moment.

The scroll says danger but why would it have been given to us then? A test?
You couldn't have found a more spotless history with Damian. I know my more sadistic side would love to see Damian sacrifice his values and spiral down into some sort of fallen hero. It'll really depend on how the others interact with him. And with the scroll, that's just Damian's interpretation of the danger label. Fey could see it as a test perhaps? It's dangerous to Damian but maybe to someone like Ava and Sayazar they'd feel confident in opening the scroll.

And @Raja, I personally think we should finish the first cycle before moving on. It's best to get everyone level with what's happening. I don't think we're moving that fast if I were being honest!

Reactions: Navi Jay and Silvir
Ok I take back the whole test theory. (went back and did some rereading)

So in the past he council of Amoryintha have racially exploited the Dwarven kind through slavary. Maybe the king would like to do so again and the scroll contains something that could kill him? And without a leader the rebels would fall into turmoil, weakening their defenses so the king can take over Vastoria.
So if we do open it we could potentially unleash some sort of evil and if we don't we are setting up the dwarves for ruin.

Last edited by a moderator:
And @Raja, I personally think we should finish the first cycle before moving on. It's best to get everyone level with what's happening. I don't think we're moving that fast if I were being honest!
It's moving much quicker than most roleplays I'm in; which is a good thing. Regardless, I think I will be posting this evening; but I won't conclude this scene. A lot of current conversation requires input from Ava (Questions from Sayazar, Ansley's "give it to the mage" comment, etc) and so it seems counterproductive to wait for the cycle to end and then start a new one in order to respond (similar to how you responded mid-cycle as Damian when addressed by Feyre); it would mean another round of loitering in the inn when essentially we are ready to go!

I'll post Avarielle's response regarding the scroll, and then leave it open for anyone to make any concluding contributions to this scene that they wish. We'll then start the next scene after this cycle has officially ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.