Before The Dawn [OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's a post!

Essentially, the group are just travelling through the Greenwood now, in search of an adequate spot to set up camp. It's a chance for a bit of freestyle, really. Your character can remain silent, reflecting on whatever you please, or you can have them start up conversation with other members of the party who they might have taken interest in.

I don't intend for this situation to last very long, one or two cycles at the most, so if at any point you want for your character to suggest that they 'stop here and set up camp', or spot a shack for them to stay in or whatever, please do. I want people to get into the habit of directing the route of the RP; I'll weave in the GM-y stuff around the choices you guys make. We can always continue conversations between characters as camp is being set up, so don't hesitate if you feel like you'd be interrupting an exchange between other players.

Also, a note for the mages among us: Avarielle has a bad feeling about the woodlands, one that she can't define and is trying to discard as a trick of the mind. As magic users, you may experience similar feelings of a certain unplaceable something being not-quite-right.

(DUN-DUN-DUNNNN~~)

Woah, I like Avraelle more with each post. Do you know if I could, uhm, get her pigeon box number? It's good to see Sayazar is not alone in his contempt for Damian :D

Reactions: Navi Jay
Also, a note for the mages among us: Avarielle has a bad feeling about the woodlands, one that she can't define and is trying to discard as a trick of the mind. As magic users, you may experience similar feelings of a certain unplaceable something being not-quite-right.
What about a certain experienced adventurer-cum-fraudster, who has spent his entire life walking into bad situations, and has since developed an intuition for such things. Will he get a certain unplaceable something being not-quite-right?

Oh I like what you did there with the forest Raja, since Feyre does have magic but sucks so badly at it she won't and hasn't felt anything.

What about a certain experienced adventurer-cum-fraudster, who has spent his entire life walking into bad situations, and has since developed an intuition for such things. Will he get a certain unplaceable something being not-quite-right?
Oh I like what you did there with the forest Raja, since Feyre does have magic but sucks so badly at it she won't and hasn't felt anything.
The offness isn't a probability, bad situation thing. The feeling stems from a magical imbalance that I'm sure will become... Apparent to the non-magic users during their time in the forest. The deeper in the adventurers go, the closer to the source of this imbalance they will get; and thus the magic-users among us will gradually become more and more sensitive to it. It's likely that by the second or third nightfall in the woods, the mages will feel it strongly enough that they can confidently declare it to be a magic-related anomaly, rather than a figment of their imaginations.

Of course, were they to discuss these feelings with each other, they might grow suspicious sooner than that.

I'm also aware that Ava declared she expected them to reach Amor by the second sunrise. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't counting on... Delays.

Woah, I like Avraelle more with each post. Do you know if I could, uhm, get her pigeon box number? It's good to see Sayazar is not alone in his contempt for Damian :D

Thank you! I feel the same about all the characters, they're more engaging with each new instalment. Unfortunately, Ava doesn't deal with pigeons as she likes to stay off-the-grid!

It'd be an interesting allegiance for the two of them, so much is certain. One the one hand, they're the most adept mages of the group and both share a contempt for That Wretched Seville. On the other, they're complete opposites in that Sayazar is a Machiavellian puppet-master whilst Avarielle despises all forms of deception and manipulation.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
It'd be an interesting allegiance for the two of them, so much is certain. One the one hand, they're the most adept mages of the group and both share a contempt for That Wretched Seville. On the other, they're complete opposites in that Sayazar is a Machiavellian puppet-master whilst Avarielle despises all forms of deception and manipulation.
He is known to change.

I am sure the House of Sainguinar can attest this...
"Unfortunately, they are still able to..." is what he would say.

No posts yet? I'm surprised, unpleasantly.

"Unfortunately, they are still able to..." is what he would say.

No posts yet? I'm surprised, unpleasantly.
Where suspicious dry spells are concerned, I believe all eyes usually fall to Sayazar... :yes: He is the weather mage, after all!

I guess we are all just waiting for someone to post first haha.

I've been a bit busy studying for an upcoming test, I should be able to get a post up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

I have 11 exams and a group project throughout the coming week, it's quite... hectic?

Thanks! With all the stuff it's on I'll need it XD
Haha, I'm sure you'll do great! What's the subject?

I have 11 exams and a group project throughout the coming week, it's quite... hectic?
Oh jeez. I have a rough draft of my script to hand in two weeks from now, but my final draft and my actual films aren't due til mid-December. And then of course, I'm one of those lucky sods that is sailing through university with not a single exam.

(and coming out the other side with a worthless degree as a result)

@Raja this test is on:

• Bleeding and Shock
  • Soft Tissue Trauma
  • Chest and Abdominal Trauma
  • Musculoskeletal Trauma
  • Trauma to the Head, Neck, and Spine
  • Multisystem Trauma
  • Environmental Emergencies .-.
Not in that particular order of course.

@Raja this test is on:

• Bleeding and Shock
  • Soft Tissue Trauma
  • Musculoskeletal Trauma
  • Multisystem Trauma
Oh dear, oh dear... I take it you are training to be some sort of military medic? Most noble, I wish you the best of luck!

My research paper on role playing is due next week...its only 6-8 pages but still I am extremely nervous about writing it. My research proposal paper went well I believe but proving my thesis will be a challenge. I feel as though this community may be too big for me to take on my own.

@Raja this test is on:

• Bleeding and Shock
  • Soft Tissue Trauma
  • Musculoskeletal Trauma
  • Multisystem Trauma
Think of it this way; at least you'll be able to accurately describe your characters' wounds and how to treat them when you're done.

Seriously though, best of luck with this - I hated exams and I doubt you feel any more enthusiastic about memorizing multisystem trauma symptoms.

Haha, I'm sure you'll do great! What's the subject?

Oh jeez. I have a rough draft of my script to hand in two weeks from now, but my final draft and my actual films aren't due til mid-December. And then of course, I'm one of those lucky sods that is sailing through university with not a single exam.

(and coming out the other side with a worthless degree as a result)
Don't I know the feeling, I might come out of university with a freaking Masters in English....If only the liberal arts were taken as seriously as they were in the various Renaissance periods. Now you have to know how to either be a math and science wiz in order to have a decent career, or just be really really lucky in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.