Banished From Equestria (Roleplay)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Physics gives a sneer. We can take any wolves that come here. Besides, we have something the previous owners of the carts don't, knowledge of what might come. Physics says, knowing that being surprised by a threat could intensify the danger by perhaps dozens of magnitudes.
And if you need me... Physics says, before teleporting infront of one of the broken carts, opening it up to search for anything useful. I'll be looking for some supplies... Physics says, looking to see if there was any food or equipment they could taken from the run-down mobile carrier.

Morning Glory turned to lay eyes on yet another pony. While she was unaccustomed to their casual social conventions, it was sort of refreshing. So much of the Canterlot Court was about artificiality, particularly as of late, and these ponies seemed to genuinely want to meet her. The elegant mare nodded before replying. "I am Lady Morning Glory. Good evening." Her eyes swept the mare before she spoke again. "You say you have an injured companion. I may be able to administer a healing, at your request."

Farsight looks over the cave. "There is only one way to know for sure... If you're willing to enter." He tells the pegasus mare, his horn beginning to glow with a gray light. Farsight also brought his armor to himself once more, a short sword and buckler levitating near him.

Physics stops his scavenging to look at Farsight, armoring up. He coughs to gain his attention. Dude, don't bother, I can turn invisible, no need for a conflict when I can sneak in and out... Physics tells Farsight, casting his invisibility spell on himself.
See? Invisible...well don't see... Physics says.

"Can you really?" - Tian asked, her eyes glowing and her face showing a big smile. - "I would be extremely grateful!" - She pointed a cart a little behind the group. - "He is right there. Come!" - She said, excited, and started trotting back to Arty.

Farsight steps back, shrugging. He waves a hoof at the cave entrance, staring back the spot Physics had last stood. "Be my guest then..."

Physics gives a unseen nod to Farsight, as he slowly trots inside the cave, exploring it. He knew he only had one and a half minute before his invisibility faded, and then he had 30 seconds of being visible before he could cast said spell again, so he had to make the most of his time. Despite this, Physics still trotted slowly, trying to keep the sound of his trot at a minimum as he entered the cave.

Morning Glory strolled delicately behind Tian, following her to the cart. Approaching Arty, her horn began to glow as she swept over him with magic, using her Identification spell to diagnose his malady. Most of her patients were animals she cared for or plants in her garden, so she had little bedside manner. "Don't move." She said simply. Closing her eyes in concentration, her magic enveloped the stallion without warning or reassurance, hunting for the specific flaws in his well-being.

(Art, if you could fill me in on exactly what's wrong with him, that would be helpful ^^')

Arty was still distracted with his thoughts when suddenly Tian got back with the mare from Canterlot, who without warning enveloped him with magic, stratling him almost to the point of jumping off the cart, what he didn't only because he felt the pain of his injuries.

"Don't need to worry, Arty! She will heal you!" - She said, calming him. He stood still and looked to the mare.

"Th...Thanks." - He said, nervously.

Through the magic, Morning Glory could see that most of Arty's wounds were superficial bruises and cuts, besides two fractured ribs. He also had some small burning marks on his front hooves. Tian had put some bandages and medicine over most of his cuts and burning with the medical supplies she received from Physics, but it would take long for him to naturally fully recover.

Morning Glory neatly sifted through the damage, tutting to herself from time to time. After a moment, she raised her head and opened her eyes again, the glow on her horn fading. "You have a choice. I am no trauma surgeon. I can heal all your superficial wounds, and the burns, and I can alleviate the pain of your fractured ribs and accelerate the natural healing. However, you will need to be virtually immobilized while they heal naturally. Movement, particularly any sort of blunt force, could snap the bone completely and potentially puncture a lung. I'd be of no help then."

She said all of this very matter-of-factually, drew in a breath, and continued. "Or, I can try to knit the bone back together. I've not a great deal of experience re-sealing bone, it will hurt, and it will take all my energy for me to try. I wont be able to do any more healing if I do attempt it, and I can't guarantee anything." Morning Glory looked back and forth between Tian and Arty, awaiting their decision.

Arty thought for a moment. He looked to Tian, as if asking her what she thought, but she was also troubled. The first choice seemed dangerous, but the second would require too much from Morning, and both didn't want her to strain herself. But for the first time, Arty noticed Tian's injuries, as he was too distracted to notice it before. - "First choice. It won't be much trouble for me to stay still for a while, and I don't want you to strain yourself much. Also, Tian look quite bad, and if you can't heal anymore for a while, who will treat her?"

You don't need to worry about me, Arty! I'm fine. - She lied. - "But I agree Morning shouldn't strain herself much. But, will you really take the risk? - She asked worried.

"You don't seem fine, and you also don't need to worry. It's not the first time I broke a bone. - He turned to Morning. - "Do it please, miss. I'll stay still until you say I can move. - He reassured.

Morning Glory gave a curt nod, lit her horn, and went to work. The process took several minutes, nearly half an hour. First, she cast Alleviation, reducing the pain the stallion felt considerably. A pleasant cooling sensation swept his form, softening pressure and cutting acute pain. Next, through careful application of her Purification spell, she removed any infection from his flesh wounds. Sweat began to bead on her forehead as she worked, and her breathing became heavy. While Morning Glory had unique and admirable ability, she was not a unicorn of particular power.

She paused to take a breath, then stepped forward, and laid her horn against each cut and bruise in turn, gritting her teeth as she labored on each; knitting skin and muscle back together on lacerations and repairing tissue damage on bruises with her Restoration magic. She would deftly manipulate Arty's limbs as she needed, almost roughly, as she healed him. Now panting hard and with her limbs trembling uncontrollably, she finished off with a quick, body-wide Rejuvenation, replenishing energy and health in the stallion, and accelerating his healing.

The dainty unicorn mare then promptly keeled over, her gown's petticoats pooling around her and her immaculate yellow curls sprawling on the ground. The animals she cared for were usually much smaller, and Earth magic was better served treating them. Purposing it to heal ponies had been more draining that she had expected. The exhaustion of traveling compiled with her emotional turmoil did not help either. Still, the job was done, and she would be able to heal Tian when she came to in a few short minutes if she was given time to eat and drink a little.

Tian looked all the process amazed, seeing Arty's bruises and cuts healing, but not as amazed as Arty himself, who could feel his pain fading, his body being mended, the energy retuning to him. After all the process was finished, he didn't know if he could already move, as Morning hasn't said anything, but he already felt 100% better. - Wow... This magic... It's awesome! You are awesome! Thanks, miss Glory! - Unlike Tian, Arty spoke with more respect to her, as he remembered how the nobles from Canterlot felt about the respect given to them, and Arty wouldn't want to displease the one who just healed him.

"I totally agree! You are awesome!" - She leaned toward the mare and offered her help to get back on her hooves. - "But you seem exhausted! Now you should rest until the rest come back. I think Physics still has food, and they may have found more."

Fatal turns to Farsight. nodding to him as well. She has to submiit to Physics offer, having no real way of defending himself against any potential threats within the cavern. "If there aren't any wolves in there, they could just be out hunting. If they are in there, Physics might have a little trouble dealing with them if he's caught. Regardless of what happens, though, I don't think we can push the group much further to search for a good resting place. This is the best option for us right now." Fatal says with a slight sigh. She remembers how weak and tired everypony is. Even she's lacking in strength and ability right now.

'Leaders need to be frail sometimes, too.' she thinks to herself, 'so long as they retain strength of mind.'

Physics slowly trots inside the cave, making the most of his invisibility, trying to let his eyes adjust to the darkness rather then use a spell to illuminate the area, as that would alert anything to his being.
((So what does Physics find?))

~ In the Cave ~

Physics stumbles upon, in the deepest part of the cavern, the survivors from the Timber Wolf pack. Only two remain. One lies upon the cave floor, its magic seeping away. It will fall to pieces and die before too long. The second is very heavily wounded. Apparently the ponies from before weren't ill prepared for the timber wolves. Perhaps they just moved camps? The second timber wolf rises, limping forward and beside the nearly dead one. It attempts to appear ferocious, but it can't be seen that way with so many wounds and its whimpering growls.

What do, Physics? What do?

Physics slowly backs out of the cave towards the group, not wanting to bother with this himself, or bear the moral responsibility alone, not wanting to look evil or too weak to the group if he makes the wrong decision. As Physics exits the cave he speaks, his invisibility fading away then and there.
Guys, there are injured timber wolves in there...I think of them is dying...should we help em, or put em out of their misery? Physics asks the group, waiting for someone else to do the moral thinking here other then himself.

"Timber Wolves... I would end their misery... But it's not my place to decide." Farsight says, looking over at Fatal Flight. He had already given his piece of mind, and would wait to see what she decided to do.

Morality.

Such a twisted hand that fate deals, every card turning your life around and every draw flipping it upside down. She didn't want to make the decision. She didn't want the responsibility. But... She has to make the decision. She has to accept the responsibility. She steps towards the cave, looking in. She can't see the timber wolves from the entrance, but she does believe what physics has told her. She turns to Farsight and waves a hoof for him to come with her. She steps into the darkness of the cavern, running her hoof along the cavern wall a bit. She finds her way all the way to the end of the cavern where the timber wolves await.

Farsight follows Fatal in, his horn glowing with its gray light, and his armor already on. He summons a mace, knowing that blunt weapons were the best against the wolves made of wood. Farsight keeps silent, trusting the fledgling leaders judgement, whether she sentenced the wolves to death, or to life.