Banished From Equestria (Roleplay)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
Physics eyes the cart. Hey...since we have that...you think we could use that to carry all our...loot from this battle? Physics asks Fatal, while eyeing the pile of stuff he manged to scrap off the guards. Better then letting all that armor and medical supplies go to waste... Physics says, thinking practically.

"Don't need to worry, Majem. I'm good to go! And as she said, we will be better if we find a clearing off the road. We might eve come across a source of fresh water and some fruit trees, where we could regain full strength!" - She started to follow the blue pegasus. - "Come on!" - She said, looking back. Then she turned to the pegasus. - "Hey, I actually haven't heard your name yet."

Fatal turns for a moment to acknowledge the other ponies question, and returns to her walking. "My name is Fatal Flight. You can call me Fatal or Flight. Or both." she says, not really used to introducing herself yet. When she thinks about it, she's not very good at anything social.

"Nice name!" - She said, smiling. - It really suits you, seeing what you did to the guards. I've never seen something like that before, a pegasus who can shoot projectiles from the wing. Just try to be a little more careful next time.

"It's... hard to attack. I have spines that grow beneath my wings, but using them and replenishing them hurts very badly. It's like losing a part of my body and then having them forced back into me." she says, not really complaining but explaining. She's made herself used to the feeling by now. "But as you saw, it's quite devastating."

"Sounds excruciatingly painful if you ask me. I think you should rest a little to recover from that. Here, let me pull that cart." Majem says as he moves in closer to Fatal.

Fatal looks Majem over, examining him. So full of cheer. Banished as well? He must not care nearly as much as everypony else. But then, Fatal doesn't care much either. But this pony had a direct connection to Equestria unlike she did. She relinquishes the reins of the cart, deciding that she'll be much more useful patrolling ahead with Nocte. She begins to lift up, but notices that her wings are still very weak. She mumbles something to herself, then lands again, walking beside the water-maned pony instead. She remains silent as she walks.

Majem hops in front of the cart and takes over the pulling duty with joy. It takes him a moment to readjust the force required for walking, with the extra load behind him, but he manages. "Haven't pulled a cart in ages! I usually sit in one and have an Earth pony pull me around." He says as he tries to pick up his previous pace again.

As Fatal began to lift up, Majem sighed and when she landed again, he shook his head, but he regained his smile when she walked next to him. "I told you to rest a little, wounds need some time to heal, so let them."
"Boy, we've got some stubborn ponies here. This won't end well."
He thinks to himself.

"What... What is happening?" - The pony sensed some kind of movement under the wooden "floor" he was. His eyes opened slowly, and he notice he was over some kind of cart. There seemed to be a pony dragging the cart, but his vision was still blurred, and he could barely see who or what that was. He sat on the cart and started rubbing his eyes, but suddenly, his head started to ache, and he let a small groan out while holding his head with his two hooves.

The sudden groan was enough for Tian to notice his awake. - "He's awake!" - She rushed toward the cart to check on the pony. - "Don't strain yourself. Lie down and rest, you're still weak." - She said and the pony obeyed without complaining.

"What happened? Where am I? And who are you?" - He asked confuse, with his head ache starting to fade and his vision clearing. He could notice he was in a florest, but it didn't seem to be anywere near from where he lived, and there were other ponies with him.

"I'm Tian Long. You, me and all this ponies got banished from Equestria by the new tyrant rulers of Equestria and now we are just outside the country." - She answered with a soft voice. - "I don't know how it happened, but when I found you, you were already unconscious."

Morning Glory had bolted into the woods when the the action had started. It was only after she was several hundred yards into the trees that she regretted this. Still, she was a noble lady. Combat was not something she could associate with. All the battle-blooded ruffians were too much for her to bare. Before long she made her way back to the path, but the group of refugees had already moved on. Following the hoofprints and wheel tracks, she managed to keep on the party's trail. Huffing and puffing, she scampered along with her filigree cart in tow.

At last she caught sight of the little herd."Ignoble louts leaving a lady behind..."she mumbled as her horn started to glow with her Amplification spell. "I say, there! Hold there!" She lofted her nose, hiked her tail, and pouted; the picture of a mare scorned trotted into the fold. "What is the meaning of departing without including myself? And did any gentlepony come to assist me? Not a one!" Her contemptuous gaze wept the ponies before her. The group had expanded considerably.

Fatal Flight turns to see Morning has found her way back to the group. She takes a moment and looks around, realizing that it isn't just a clone. She had actually forgotten about her. Sweet Infinity, she knew the mare was going to have a huff and a half about this. Fatal trots over to her, the blue pegasus' gaze intent upon her. Her gaze softens a little and she sighs. "Sorry." she says simply. She may not be able to comprehend superiority, but she definitely understands when to be apologetic. It was rude of her after all. It was rude of all of them, but she would take the blame. "May I lead your cart?" she asks, honestly just wanting something to have to work with, something to get her mind off of the events and let it trail to other things for a short while.

"Wow... I... I don't even know what to think about this..." - He looked down, thinking. He spent the last years living in a cave without any social interation, and he still can't understand this new reign thing. The guards who dropped by his cave said something about it and tried to force him into it, and he didn't remember anything after he tried to fight for himself but failed. - "But it seems to be thanks to you that I'm already awake, so thank you." - He said smiling.

"Don't need to thank me, I just did what anypony would do. The ponies here are the ones to be thanked, as they gave us the medical supplies and food." - She returned the smile. - "And I'm glad you're better now! What is your name?" - She asked cheerfully, happy to see that the pony could already keep a conversation.

"My name is Arty Brightshadow. Nice to meet you, Tian!" - He said, also more cheerful.

They both turned to look at the mare who appeared suddenly and started to whine about being left behind. Arty noticed she looked like the nobles back at Canterlot, his home before the cave - "It seems all types of ponies are being banished, huh?"

"You're right, we even have two bat ponies with us. This new government is bad for everypony who doesn't agree with them. - She to him, then waved a hoof to the new mare with a smile - "Hello there! I'm Tian Long, nice to meet you!"

Majem comes to an abrupt halt when he heard a voice behind them. He turned around to look at who called out for the party only to find a mare pulling another cart. He hadn't seen her before, though from what she said it would appear she belongs to this group and by her looks she would appear to be a higher-class pony.

"Terribly sorry, miss. I didn't know there were more ponies in this group."
Majem says and looks over at Fatal. "Are there any more hidden ponies we might've forgotten and left behind somewhere? Or can I expect more ponies jumping out of the bushes? With what you lot hide in them I wouldn't be surprised to see a few surprised faces." He says and begins to laugh a little.
"So, just in case somepony doesn't know yet, my name's Majem. It's nice to meet y'all and I hope we can get along just fine so this adventure will be a lot of fun!" ​Majem says out loud, to nopony in particular.

Physics glares at the fancy upper class pony.
Sorry for prioritizing survival equipment over a pony who knows where we are, and know the general way we are going... Physics says coldly. But....I suppose I must apologize for forgetting about you...think have gotten a little...hectic... Physics says, not trying to sound like a total jerk.

Morning Glory sniffed dryly but withheld from antagonizing them further. She was not a stupid mare. The noble lady needed them to like her, and to want to keep her around. She was a lady of the the court after all; getting ponies to like her (genuinely or not), was her specialty.

Morning Glory tipped her head to the side, looking pensive as she smoothed her disheveled skirts and tucked a stray curl behind her ear. "I was able to recover you unscathed, and I understand you were preoccupied. Let us move on." She then turned to Fatal Flight. "If you would be so kind, I would be ever-so in your debt." That might have been the first genuine sentence the mare had spoken to any of them. It was a soft, leveled statement, but it was becoming clear that the mare was fearful of her fate. Her horn glowed a pale green as the harness was lifted off her back and shoulders. The cart was ritzy, but it was also thankfully well-built and the harness and straps were all exquisitely padded and cushioned for comfort.

Her gaze came to rest on the blood still staining the pegasus's feathers. "Might I,", she started, then cleared her throat to speak more clearly. "Might I offer you some assistance? I can provide some healing magic, if you would like." Morning Glory could either remove the pain without healing, heal the small exit wounds, or simply imbue the mare with extra energy for a few hours. Were her attention brought to Arty, she could restore his health as well.

"Healing magic?" Majem says surprised. "Now that's useful magic for adventuring. Are you a frequent traveller, miss?" Majem asks without looking at her, he's pulling a cart and has to focus on where he's going.

Morning Glory turned to the blue unicorn, her eyes sweeping his odd watery mane. He had at least addressed her politely. That was pleasant. "Hardly, good sir. The road is no place for a Lady of Canterlot, though I venture I'll be spending more time here than a seasoned wayfarer before I find myself anywhere with suitable amenities. Regardless, my work in court requires me to stay in the capitol, though I do occasionally take a holiday."

She glanced back at her filigree luggage wagon. "I was initially destined to spend several months in my family's summer villa in the Manehatten Hamptons." She gazed off wistfully for a long moment, dreaming of lounging by the seaside in a lavish chateau.

It was then the mare realized she had not answered the root of his question. Her horn flashed and a nearby thicket burst into a riot of yellow blossoms. "I studied at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. My skills lie in life magic, or life energies. Earth magic, it is sometimes referred to, since it is related to the intrinsic magic earth ponies exert on nature. I can heal and promote both plant and animal life, including ponyfolk."

"What a turn of events, then. From a villa near the seaside to a life on the road. Well, unless we happen to come across someplace nice!" He said as he thought of Manehatten Hamptons, too. He, as a frequent adventurer, has been to several places, though mostly unintentional since an adventure usually does not have a goal.

When the mare showed and explained her magic, Majem watched and listened intently. As a unicorn, Majem isn't very interested in the physical aspects of life and cares very little for excercise. But magic fascinates him, especially the passive magic earth ponies possess. With Morning's magic being so closely related to it, he was very interested to see it.
"That explains the healing attributes, then. Most higher class ponies don't go much further than perfecting their levitation magic. But a graduate at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns! That's really something! Do you have any side-spells different from Earth Magic?"

Morning Glory seemed to sour a little, but indulged him nonetheless. She had been demonstrating and lecturing about her atypical (though not entirely unique) brand of magic for years. She preferred not to discuss it's origins; her commoner earth pony mother was thought to be the source of her Earth Magic, a phenomenon not often studied, though there were other documented cases. She had been prodded and poked all through her education, and several professors had researched her abilities thoroughly. Even today, the new-minted scholars around court would eagerly pick her brain.

She drew herself up, horn having stopped glowing. "Certainly I know basic utility spells. I still have standard unicorn magic at my disposal. A number of simple unicorn spells are useful around court."

"I see. It's strange to think earth ponies and pegasi can't use the magic we do. It's so useful in daily life not having to pick up things all the time, but I suppose they have their own advantages as well. I should just refrain from using magic for a day, live like an earth pony for a change. I don't think I'd be able to do that, though." Majem said, sort of thinking aloud. "I specialize in elemental transformation magic, as you may have noticed." He moved a hoof through his water mane, then continued. "It's very useful in my profession, too. I'm a water tester, well, used to be. No, actually, I can still test water outside of Equestria. I'll keep us from drinking dirty water."

He paused for a moment, then continued. "I believe I missed your name earlier."