Banished From Equestria (Roleplay)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Physics decides to get some fresh air and leave the cave. I'm going out...getting to stuffy in this cave after I blasted it... Physics says as he trots out of the cave, and sees what Morning Glory had unleashed. Physics eyes the...portable office space was the only way to describe this, that this mare had brought along with her. He wonders why this pony would bring such a thing into the forests bordering Equestria, she did know what a forest is, right? What is up with...all this... Physics asks Morning Glory from the mouth of the cave, unsure what to call this thing.

"It's family is dead... We couldn't finish it off..." Farsight explains to Majem, and stands. He beckons the wolf to follow him, and looks over at Fatal. "I'll take the first watch tonight... I don't think I'll be able to sleep." He says, walking to the entrance of the cave. He stops dead in his tracks when he sees what Morning Glory has done. Standing there, he blinks a few times, unsure as to what he wants to say, his mouth hanging slightly agape. "What is all this... This... Stuff!?" He asks, wanting to use a more derogatory word, but opting out to be a bit kinder. Farsight shakes his head and sighs. Hopefully this mare would learn soon....

Farsight walks out of the cave entrance and begins to search for wood that can be used on the fire that Physics will spark, using what he remembers of his survival skills to pull dead wood from the trees and surrounding woodland to use as kindling.

Morning Glory had packed her luggage expecting to travel for a few days and arrive in the Manehattan Hamptons, not to be surviving in exile. She glanced up at Physics and Farsight dryly as she turned over her tea timer. "You can sit in the dirt if you wish..." She said, looking a little sour. The mare was not about to be criticized for making herself comfortable. If her fellows did not find it practical, they didn't need to partake in her amenities. She lowered her body down to lay on a pair of cushions, but several more seats were open to the other travelers. Her nose sniffed delicately, taking in the rapturous scent of steeping tea. A stiff cup or two would have her back in good spirits and ready to heal again.

Majem smiles as Farsight explained the deal with the wolf. "That's great of you guys. It looks pretty beat up, heh. Well, some of you still do, too." He says as he looks over at Tian, but his attention was taken by Morning Glory and her things. Majem got up, dusted himself off, then approached her. His horn began to glow for a moment and then his mane and his tail glowed brightly, too. A moment and a flash later, Majem had his usual white hair again and he sat down next to Morning Glory. "Oh, uh, you don't mind, do you, miss?" He asked, already seated.

I rather not... Physics says, taking a seat on the cushion. I'm just...surprised... Physics lies, he rather not lose what comfort he could find while he was out here, better then nothing he supposed. Physics mumbles something about himself not trying to be a jerk while he could, while he levitates the rations out off his saddle, and passes one to each one of his fellow ponies to eat. Try to eat slowly, the longer these last, the longer we live... Physics instructs, taking a small nibble of his bread.

Morning Glory nodded to Majem. "Certainly not, Majem." A checked cloth bundle flew out of her wagon next, and when unwrapped, revealed a fine lunch. Grapes and oranges, cucumber sandwiches, nuts and cheeses, muffins, and a large glass bowl of chocolate mousse were laid out beside the tea tray. "Would you like to join me?" She asked Majem. Farsight and Physics could turn their noses up all they liked, she was going to savor a fine meal. And perhaps she would not be so keen to share.

The last of the sand ran out of the tea timer and it rang softly. She hefted the pot in her magic and poured a cup for herself before selecting a second cup and saucer. "Tea, Majem?" She looked past Farsight and Physics to the others. "Come sit and eat, friends!"

Majem smiled and nodded. "I wouldn't dare ask, but I'd love to join you. And some tea sounds just wonderful." He says and breathes a sigh of relief that she asked him rather than him having to ask her. His eyes were sparkling, eyeing the meal laid out before them. "No need to live uncomfortable just because we're banished, right?" He said and laughed a little.

Physics eyes the food Morning Glory was offering and his own looted breed, he puts it back in it's ration container, and his own ration back in his saddle. Well...if you packed such fine lunches...might as well make good use of them... Physics says with his silver tongue, knowing this was most likely going to be their last fine meal for...well awhile anyway...
Pass a muffin please. Physics asks, trying to sound as kind as he could.

Assuming the carpet does not have an anti-grime enchantment on the underside (which you would wonder why it'd have one if it was meant for a Manehattan chateau), the unprotected side gains its first layer of dust and slight moistness. Physics' fire spell had scorched the top of the cavern and chipped a bit of the looser stalactites, causing a small rain of dust, ash and gravel that settled onto clothing, fur and accessories that weren't enchanted or otherwise protected. Due to the strain of the relatively long twenty-mile journey, all of them also have quite a bit of dried sweat and dust from the trampled road on them, and some (such as Fatal) had bits of dried blood staining their fur or clothing as well, either their own or that of another pony (as in the case of Physics). Some had scratches and cuts that they never even noticed till now on their hooves and legs, whether from sharp rocks or the occasional thorny branch on the road.

The mosquitoes were beginning to find their marks now, unless somepony had spray or enchantments. Soon most would have uncomfortable insect bites in addition to the other discomforts of the wilderness.

As Celestia's sun began to set beyond the forest to the immediate west, behind where they assumed the Eastern Gate still stood, a sudden chill and darkness began to grow, unexpectedly quickly for those unaccustomed to watching the patterns of untamed weather. Tonight's chill would not be icy, but cold enough to induce some form of pneumonia if a fire wasn't built.

Physics, upon observation of the forested landscape, finds himself slightly relieved to see an abundance of grass and wild mustard growing here and there, along with some thistles and the occasional berry or nut. It might not be gourmet food, but the ponies, at least, would not starve for a while in this climate. There were also a few mushrooms growing on rotten logs here and there, which might be useful for medicine, food or poison as necessary.

Amazingly, if anypony cared to take a closer look, there seemed to be quite a few wild mint plants also, and most likely there would be cattail and stinging nettle near any sources of water, quite nutritious and filled with protein if boiled.

Fatal smiles at the wounded timber wolf and turns, heading back out of the cave. She notices the spread that Morning Glory has set out and she eyes it for a moment. "Why sacrifice comfort?" she asks herself aloud. She moves past it, watching as Farsight searches for wood. She smiles. Perhaps this will be alright after all. She sets off herself in search for random bits of things that can be used. She doesn't really need to eat, it simply helps with her healing. She doesn't need to sleep, she isn't programmed to get tired. She realizes that Farsight doesn't know this, and she makes plans to tell him. She follows out after Farsight with the intent of telling him. It will have to be between them, however.

On the way to Farsight, she rustles through some random mushrooms, gathering them. She doesn't know if they're edible or not, but it's worth a try. She thinks to herself for a moment. If I'm not actually alive... Will eating deadly mushrooms kill me? she decides to leave that question unanswered.

Farsight had found a rather motely collection of twigs and branches, all dry and ready to be burned. He had noticed some of the mint, and picked it. It was interesting to see. Most of the other realities of Equestria lacked mint, it either not being able to grow for one reason or another. At least he'd be able to make a nice tea.... Although Morning Glory might have some, he'd rather make his own... If he was going to be surviving, might as well get into the mindset early. He noticed Fatal coming up to him, and wondered what she was doing out here.

"Yes, Fatal?" Farsight asks, levitating some more sticks to his bundle.

After having his offer for help ignored, Arty stood there looking at the cavern. For him, spending time in a cave was quite a good thing, as he lived inside one, even though after so long living there he had made the place more confortable and with a better feeling of home. But in seconds, the cave became more confortable than he had ever dreamed his own would be, thanks to Morning Glory. He shyly walked to where the group was gathered and took a seat. The only ponies he had talked to in this group were Morning and Tian, due to the circunstance he was in, but them aside, he hadn't talked with anypony for years.

Tian was also agape with the suddenly change on the place, and even though she thought it was really unnecessary, she also thought it wouldn'd be any good if she complained, so she decide to take advantage of the situation and took a sit at Arty's side. - "Well, this confort at banishment is unexpected, but I guess not much from a lady from Canterlot" - She said joking and smiling at Morning. - "Thanks for this! If you don't mind, I would love some tea.

Some mosquitoes cold be seen flying around the group, and if nothing was done, they woudl be all itchy the next morning. But having to deal with it everyday forced Arty to master a repelent magic, and with a faint glow of his horn, all the insects around started getting crazy and took as much distance from the party as they could.

Morning Glory deftly served tea to Majem and Tian, their cups and saucers floating gently towards them in a halo of green magic. She sucked on her lip as she regarded Physics, before a large poppy seed muffin drifted over to him on a linen napkin. "Certainly. There is no need to abhor comfort, even if it is not the height of practicality. I feel the spirits and morale of our party need to be maintained as well as our health and hunger." Her eyes were on Tian when she spoke, but it was clear her words had another target. She was not about to sacrifice those creature comforts that kept her sane. The fine mare then took to her tea, drinking deeply. One could almost watch her body straiten and renew with vigor- she had grown this particular darjeeling tea to be exceptionally potent- and the latent caffeine began to work it's magic. By the time her cup was drained she was almost beaming with eyes sparkling, as she sat up properly, perched on the cushion as if she sat on a throne.

She daintily nibbled a sandwich and some grapes. Part of her wished she had saved some of her fine food, to make it last, but as she watched her new companions enjoying her offering she reassured herself of her decision. Morning was about to expel an insect with her magic when Arty's spell came into effect. Her eyes saw the glint of his horn. "Ah, thank you ever so. I would very much prefer not to be bitten tonight." Her fourth and final cup filled itself with hot tea and floated over to Arty. She then went about finishing her meal and then shifted to face Tian. "I can now begin healing again, if you are ready. You may continue to eat, but I ask that you move as little as possible- I will be taking a little longer, so as not to drain myself so severely."

The green glow surrounding the cup and saucer near Majem turned into blue as he took over the levitation magic. The cup left the saucer and reached for Majem's lips, who then drank from the cup floating in front of him. As he drank, he noticed Arty cast a spell to repel mosquitoes, for which he was very thankful. "No more bugs? That's fantastic! Thank you. It's little things like them that make camping a bit annoying. Usually we have a campfire for that, but the fire never can scare away all of the bugs. Speaking of which, where's Farsight? Gathering firewood shouldn't take too long in a forest." He says, taking another sip of tea.

Fatal continues collecting everything she thinks may be useful at some point. She sees Farsight gather some mint, and she does the same. She can't hold much of anything,though, having to carry it all by hoof or back. She decides to stop playing around the situation and she moves up beside Farsight. "I'm not like all of you." she begins, not knowing how to say what she wanted to at first. She thinks for a moment and then sighs. "I wasn't born, I was made. It's all very complicated, and I wouldn't want to get into it with you even if I did understand any of it. You'll notice I don't sleep, and I rarely eat. I do need other things to survive, though. Where I come from, they call it experience, but I suppose you might call it essence. I need very little of it, and I don't plan on getting it from any of you." she continues, feeling that if she says too much the other pony might see her as an enemy rather than an ally. She backs up a moment, reassuring her with her next words. Or perhaps they were the scariest so far? "The guards I killed.. They supplied plenty of 'EXP' as we call it. I won't need any for days, most likely."

Farsight cocks his head to the side as he listens to Fatal, an interested expression on his face. He was used to strange things by now.... "You are definitely a peculiar creature.... But, why tell me this?" He asks, gathering a few more materials before deciding he had enough. He motions with his head, slowly turning back towards camp. Farsight wanted to walk and talk.

Fatal turns to walk with Farsight. She looks ahead as he explains her reasons. Fairly simple. "Because I want to take watch with you. And the watch after that. And after that. While everypony sleeps, what else am I to do? I don't sleep. I can't dream. I've tried. My creators aren't quite masters of the art of... well, me... yet." she says with a slightly feigned smile.

Farsight smiles a genuine smile back. "Have you ever wanted to sleep...? To dream...?" He asks, looking into the sky as it darkens, enjoying the stars as they begin to twinkle into existence. They were half way back to camp by then. Fasight sighs, "One thing you must remember as a leader, Fatal, is to let others share your burden... Or you will fall beneath it and be crushed. True, you may be very different from us, but that doesn't mean you should push yourself hard. I will look forward to your company tonight..." He finishes, moving slightly ahead of the pegasus to let her think on his words.

Fatal stops, watching as Farsight walks away. Share her burden with the others? Only when she gets to know them a little better. Farsight may be incredibly accepting of her for whatever reason, but she isn't sure about the others yet. She begins walking to camp as well after Farsight gets a good bit of distance between them. She was also looking forward to his company. It's very rarely that she has someone to talk to at night these days.

Farsight enters the camp, looking over at the others enjoying themselves. He shrugs, placing the wood into a pile in the firepit. He takes the larger pieces out and sets them aside, preparing them for later. "Physics? If you wouldn't mind starting a fire for us?" Farsight asks, waving a hoof over the wood in the pit. It was starting to get chilly, and they would need the fire soon. He puts the mint into his saddlebag for now, and begins to nibble on his ration.