Ballet and Capes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juliet looked to him, "Won't stalk me much? That makes me so so much better about giving you my address." She joked slightly a she buckled in, "Well, if you ever decide you want to come over, just make sure to warn me first and we'll call it even." She smiled over at him, "I live over in the Whisperwood apartments. Apartment 5-C. It's the complex that's a ten-minute walk from campus. So, its not that far."

And just like she said it wasn't a long drive, taking just a few minutes to arrive at the gate. Once she told him the number to punch in, the gate opened, letting them in so he could drive into the complex and she showed him where he could park to let her out so she could get out.

Once he had parked, she unbuckled and once again she found he was opening the door for her and helping her out. She smiled up at him, finding herself not wanting to let go of the hand he had used to help her out fo the car, "This was...fun. Not many people take the time to really try and hang out with me. So, thank you for that."

Stefan smiled. "It was my pleasure," he said quietly. Acting on a whim, he leaned down and kissed her swiftly on the cheek, wondering if he had left a cold imprint there. Probably.

He liked to spend time with her. He couldn't believe how rude everyone else in their class was. Just because she had never performed professionally, that gave them the right to be rude to her and shun her away from everyone else? She was the best dancer there!

At the feel of his cool lips against her cheek, she felt herself blushing once again. He seemed to do that to her. She was never one that would blush so easily, yet he seemed to be making her do so left and right. There was just something about him that made her heart do little jumps and spins in her chest, that made her always want to be around him. She didn't want to leave. She just want to stay there forever, her fingers intertwined with his and standing so close to him.

But, she knew it couldn't last forever. It was nearing midnight by now and even though tomorrow was one of her days off, she had leave herself open to scouting the city a bit, to see what people she could find. She couldn't do that if she was exhausted from staying up all night with this man in front of her. And yet, even though she knew her day would likely be filled much with all that, she found herself speaking as she let her hand finally drop from his,

"I...do you want to meet for lunch tomorrow? We could eat at my place? If you want that is, not trying to force you into anything. I just...thought it might nice. I just wasn't sure what tonight was and so I thought tomorrow could be an official....what I mean to say is, that maybe we could think of it....maybe as a.....a...um....a date?" She said the last word very quietly now, looking down at her hands nervously.

Stefan smiled widely, all of his teeth showing even though he knew it wasn't his most attractive look. "Of course," he said. She was so cute when she was flustered. "Well, to be perfectly honest, tonight was pretty much a date for me, but I'll take you to my favourite restaurant tomorrow and we can call it an official one. I'm free from eleven to one," he added. He fished around in his pocket until he found a pen. He leaned against his car and scrawled his phone number on the back of the receipt from the hot chocolate place, and handed it to her. "Call me when you want me to pick you up."

He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

Why was he so damn adorable? That bright smile he gave her was leaving her head over heels in that moment and she smiled brightly back at him in relief that even though she had been a complete mess when asking him he had said yes anyway. She gratefully took his number nad nodded, "How about at eleven? That way we can eat and then have time to just hang out before you have to go to work." She said and then found herself blushing all the more when his lips pressed against her forehead, her looking up at him,

"I'll see you tomorrow." Holding the number tightly in her hand, as if to tell herself this was actually real and she wasn't imagining it, she swiftly leaned on her tip toes to press a quick but soft kiss to his cheek before making her way tot he door of her apartment, unlocking and opening the door, looking over her shoulder at him with a small smile before she headed inside, feeling like the happiest and the luckiest girl in the world in that moment.

"So, you have a daaaaaaaate?"

"Sabira Annaliese Brightinger, if you do not stop talking right now I will pull this car over right in the middle of this disgusting traffic jam and throw you out," snapped Stefan.

Sabira sat in the seat behind the driver's, where Stefan had irritably banished his twin for her disgusting timing. Due to her phobia of buses, Sabira had demanded her brother pick her up and take her to the shopping mall before his date with Juliet, which caused him to be a revolting two minutes late as he pulled into her complex. She was waiting beside the same park he had dropped her off in; Stefan leaped out of the car and opened her door like always.

"I profusely apologise for the mysterious female sitting in the back seat. I promise I'm not cheating on you, this is just my arrogant sister with terrible timing issues." Stefan climbed into the driver's seat. "Juliet, Sabira. Sabira, Juliet."

"Hi, Juliet," said Sabira, beaming. "I'm Stefan's twin, his womb mate, his best friend, his only friend, the future bridesmaid at your wedding ... "

"Stop talking," Stefan groaned at his sister. "Sorry, Juliet, I have to drop this brat off at the mall and then we will go straight to the restaurant, like I promised."

Sabira beamed and leaned forward to whisper in Juliet's ear, "I actually just called him so I could meet you."

How did she always seem to have horrible luck? It was ten minutes before Stefan was picking her up and here she was just waking up because her alarm short-circuited sometime during the night. It wasn't the first time this had happened, most of the time due to her Nightmares screwing with her powers and making her suddenly blow electronics out in the middle of the night without her even waking. Now though? Now she had to get ready for her date and fast. Luckily she had picked out her clothes the night before and had been able slip those on really quick.

She put on a little bit of make up, just lightly and a natural look since she never wore heavy makeup, but hadn't had time to put on her coverup to hide her freckles. It had been planted into her mind when she was young how her freckles were unsightly for ballet performances and since then had just always felt the same about her everyday life, covering them up whenever she went outside of the house. But now, she just have time and she was having a mental battle with herself. Should she call him and cancel? No, no, then he might never want to go on a date with her again. Should she just call and say she was running late? After being late to their rehearsal last night though that was something she really didn't want to do.

She groaned as she looked at herself in the mirror. In reality, her freckles were an adorable feature on her, one that not many people in the area had, but she just couldn't bring herself to like the look of them after it being drilled into her head, "Freckled face freak..." She muttered to her reflection and raked a hand through her long hair, pushing it back from her face before pulling it into a pony tail, "So not how I wanted my first official date to start off..." She had wanted to look her best. To look beautiful and radiant. But she felt like she just looked...plain. Nothing like how she herself pictured the ballerina she wanted to become.

Once she had her hair pulled back, she looked at the clock. One minute late. She quickly snatched her purse from the couch and went outside just in time to see Stefan pull up. She felt so nervous, for him to see her like this. Her freckled cheeks were a bright pink as she quickly made her way over to his car and got in when he opened the door, blinking in surprise when she saw the young woman in the back seat. It was a moment later that she was introduced to the woman and told she was his sister.

They indeed looked so much alike. In fact. They looked about the same age. Where they...twins? It would seem so, considering the girl had called Stefan her 'womb mate'. Such a pun made her crack a small smile, though her comments of 'future braidsmaid at their wedding' made her cheeks even redder. Well, even if she didn't have any siblings of her own, wasn't it common practice for the sibling to embarrass their sibling and the new girlfriend or boyfriend? She just didn't assume it would be as soon as the first date, "It's nice to meet you Sabira. Stefan has mentioned you quite a bit." She smiled over at him, then looked back to her, "He told me you're a music major at the Univeristy. What's that like? I've only ever really stayed in the dance halls so I've never actually see what all the other majors do around campus."

"Being a music major? It's a solemn life full of sheet music, calluses and so much insecurity you cannot even listen to Panic! At the Disco anymore without feeling inadequate because of Brendon Urie's angelic voice," said Sabira as Stefan drove. "Did Stef tell you about his unhealthy obsession with Brendon Urie? I swear, when we were fourteen and we went through the same emo phase -- we twin too much -- Stef was completely homosexual for Brendon Urie."

Stefan grimaced at Sabira's anecdote. "I was not completely homosexual for Brendon Urie," he hissed at his twin. "I simply appreciated his singing ability. And built a shrine in my bedroom. What about you and your lesbian crush on the blonde vampire from Twilight?" he joked. No matter how much they bickered, the Brightinger twins always got along well.

"Hey, Rosalie is a babe," laughed Sabira.

Stefan arrived at the mall, where he promptly parked the car and banished his twin sister from his vehicle. "You want some of that Swiss cocoa?" asked Sabira.

"Sure," said Stefan. "Make sure you buy more Rosalie posters for your shrine."

Stefan pulled away from the mall as soon as Sabira got out. "I'm sorry for that. My bratty twin feels the need to embarrass me as much as humanely possible, the twat." He rolled his eyes, before smiling at Juliet and noticing her freckles. Why did she keep them covered up? "Your freckles are beautiful," he commented.

Juliet listened in amusement as the two siblings bickered back and forth with one another until they had finally arrived at the mall and Sabira got out. Soon they were driving away from the mall and toward the restaurant the two would be eating lunch at, Stefan apologizing for his sister. She smiled and shook her head, "I think it's nice. I never had any siblings. Though, seeing you and your sister I wish I did. Must be a lot of fun and you would for sure never get lonely. Even if they can sometimes be annoying or embarrassing."

When he mentioned her freckles, she was sure her cheeks couldn't get any redder and her shoulders slumped slightly from embarrassment. She had been hoping she wouldn't mention them, "No, they're not..." She said quietly, absent minded playing with a strand of her hair, avoiding his gaze, "Each one is like...a tiny imperfection I can never get rid of. How many ballerinas do you see with freckles? None. They're all so flawless. Ask any dance instructor out there and they'll tell you that people like me wouldn't even be allowed on a stage with these things all over me. The only reason you can even see them now is because I woke up late and didn't have time to cover them up..."

Stefan was saddened to hear Juliet talk about herself like that. "That is completely untrue," he argued. "You know, my dance instructor when I was thirteen was one of those redheads who was absolutely covered in freckles, and she was the lead in three different ballets in that one year alone. And she was a beautiful dancer." Stefan rounded a corner. "You know how many times I've been told I need to dye my hair darker, because the lights would reflect off my hair and distract the audience? Too many to count. They just made me put gray powder through it, but still, it was kind of sad. My hair is white, for Christ's sake, I could have been a kickass swan."

Stefan arrived at the restaurant and parked the car in front of the tall, homely building. It was a place called Belle's, a kind of alternative place that served a lot of rustic styled food on chopping boards and such. "This is possibly the best place in the entire city," he said as he opened Juliet's door. Like last night he decided to guide her instead, but this time, his hand rested gently on the middle of her back as he walked her inside. "Your best table possible, please," he requested of the hostess who greeted them. She was a pretty girl who was obviously flirting with him, but Stefan only had eyes for Juliet as they walked to their table.

"That is completely untrue,"

Juliet looked at him when he argued, saying what she had said was not true. But...all her dance instructors as a child had always said otherwise. Always told her she had to cover them up when she was dancing on stage. She had always listened to them without any doubt in her mind or argument from her because she had always assumed they were right. And yet...as he spoke, she found herself questioning that. He had called them beautiful...she glanced over outside the car window as he drove, looking at herself silently in the right-hand mirror. She had always looked at her freckles with such disgust. As imperfections that made her ugly and unworthy. And yet, for the first time, as he spoke, she found herself seeing them as otherwise.

If he thought they were beautiful, well...then why couldn't she think the same?

She smiled slightly and then looked to him as he parked the car, getting out with him and walking closely beside him as his hand rested on her back. She had to admit, the hostess that showed them to their table had struck a nerve in her, obviously flirting and hitting on her date right in front of her. A part of her honestly expected him to flirt back. After all, this girl was pretty, so why wouldn't he? But, instead he was practically ignoring the girl and found his eye stayed on her. This made her smile slightly as they sat down at their table.

Soon the hostess had walked off, and a waitress came over. Much like the hostess, the girl was a pretty one, opening flirting with Stefan, making her bite her tongue as she sat there while their orders were being taken. But, at least Stefan wasn't falling into any of it because once again, his eyes were on her as the girl tried to gain his attention with small joked and fluttering eyelashes. It made her feel a little bit better at least and soon they were left in peace as the waitress went to fill their order, "So, I'm curious. How did your sister find out we were going on a date? Does she stalk you or do you have a twin link?" She asked with a smile that said she was clearly joking.

"Well, to be perfectly honest, either of those options are plausible," said Stefan, keeping his eyes trained on Juliet and smiling. "A psychic twin link would explain the overwhelming urge I constantly feel to buy Twilight paraphernalia ... and she doesn't have much of a life so she could probably be stalking me." He laughed gently. "I'm kidding. I told her. Well, actually, I snapped it at her when she asked me to pick her up but lets not get into the saddening details of how I am a terrible brother."

Their waitress returned with the two tall glasses of Coca-Cola Stefan had ordered. "Would you hate me if I said that ninety percent of my diet is Coca-Cola?" he asked, feigning fear at her answer. "It's a wonder I'm not really fat."

Juliet laughed and shook her head, "I don't think you're a terrible brother. I think it's cute. Even though you two might argue, it seems pretty clear to me that you two care for each other." She looked up as the waitress came back with their drinks, hers being a Dr. Pepper. She laughed and took a sip of her own drink before speaking, "Of course I wouldn't hate you for that. I might nag you a little bit, but then again, I'm just as bad with my habit of drinking Dr. Pepper so I guess we're even." She took a few more sips of her drink and turned her attention momentarily to the TV in the restaurant that was turned to the news. On it was a news story about a 'murder' that had taken place in the alley way the night before, one clearly committed by, as the news reporter called her, the 'despicable villain' Shockwave, them even showing an image of the SW she had singed into the wall with her electricity.

Then the news reporter went on to say how the hero Gilgamesh had, much like all the other heroes she had fought before, been sent to the hospital by the shock she had administered to him, though would was expected to be released later that day, not surprising since she hadn't shocked him too badly. Either way, she doubted he would try to chase her down and fight her again, so that was one last hero out of her way. Only one more to go now. She just had to wait for him to find her.

She turned her gaze from the TV and looked to him. She had to play it cool. It was a good thing she was good actor and able to hide what she really thought about all that as she spoke to him, "Scary, huh? A villain running around like that, killing off innocent people." She glanced back to the TV, "I hope they catch her soon."

Stefan watched the news report, grimacing at Shockwave. "If she's hurting people like that, then they should catch her as soon as possible," he agreed.

"And, to the city's surprise, the hero Frost as yet to make an appearance since the fiasco at Loren Enterprises last month," said the news reporter. An image of Stefan -- or rather Frost -- leaving the Loren Enterprises building with his hood over his face appeared on the screen. Stefan willed it to go away. "Has Frost retired for good? Where is he in the city's time of need?"

In truth, Frost had yet to make an appearance because Stefan had been caught up with school, and he hadn't known of the Gilgamesh V. Shockwave incident. "So, Frost," said Stefan to Juliet. "What do you think of him? He was really prevalent a few months ago ... "

"I'm not sure what I think of him. He was helping the city a lot, but it was almost like after the trouble he fixed at the Loren Enterprises building he just...kind of disappeared." And he could stay gone. It was better for her anyway. Of course, she couldn't voice that opinion, but nothing was stopping her from thinking it, "I don't know. But either way, he's the only one that hasn't fought Shock Wave yet. I mean, her attacks aren't very frequent and she's been around for about a year, but in that year she's been taking out heroes left and right...it's kind of starting to worry me. He's the only one left that could possibly stop her. If he fails there's no telling what she might do."

She shook her head, "Listen to me. I'm ruining our date with all this worried talk. Let just enjoy our lunch before you have to leave for work." She took another sip of her drink and soon their food was out and they began eating, having small talk about classes and professors pass between them until finally it was time for them to leave so he could drive her home and get to work. She had really enjoyed this small time with him. Even if it hadn't been that long and filled with mostly small talk, it was nice to have been able to relax with him and just enjoy a simple amount of time together.

Soon they were back at her apartment and she got out of the car with him once again, smiling brightly, "Once again, for the second day in a row Stefan, you have succeeded in making me very happy and making me have a lot of fun." Like the night before, she leaned up on her tip toes to kiss his cheek, though this time it lasted a little longer and she didn't leave right after, looking up at him, "So...we still have to rehearse some more...were you free to do that tonight? Or would you rather just wait until tomorrow?"

Stefan nodded. "I'm free," he said. "I've got work though ... I finish at seven, so how about we meet at the studio at eight so we're not out ridiculously late like last time?"

After she agreed, Stefan leaned down and kissed her on the cheek again. "Goodbye, Juliet."

~~~

The studios were abandoned even at eight o'clock, and Stefan felt a little bit of annoyance at the lack of caring his classmates seemed to express about their classes. Did they not realise how lucky they were that their rich mommies and daddies could pay for their places, when Stefan had to work hard for all of his life for a scholarship?

Juliet was already at the barre when Stefan arrived. "I am a shocking fourteen seconds late," he fake-panicked as he walked into the studio, dressed in full practice attire, and joined her at the barre. "Forgive me for my tardiness. I can't even blame Sabira this time, this is all my fault. You can call this whole partnership off right now and I wouldn't even judge you," he joked. "Please don't."

This time it was apparently Stefan's turn to be late to practice. Well, only a few second late actually, so it really didn't bother her. She had actually arrived a little early to sort of make up for her being late to the last practice, plus being late to the date, even though he had been late as well for that one. She smiled as she heard his voice and looked over from where she stood at the bar doing her stretches, "Fourteen seconds late? Shame on you, Stefan." She joked back at him and once he was all dressed she allowed him time to stretch as well, going into a few practice moves as he did so until finally it was time to start their practice,

"Okay, so, let's give this a whirl and try to run it all the way through." And with that, the dance started. There was no hiding the smile on her lips at being so close to him as they danced, twirling about and often being pulled close to him. Despite the chill of his skin, it was a comforting feeling that she enjoyed.

They ran through the entire dance that they had choreographed throughout the past two days, adding in an extra twirl here or a small jete there. Stefan was having the most fun dancing with Juliet than he had had dancing with anyone else. She was talented and executed perfect technique. She was beautiful and amazing.

They reached the tiny end part, where Stefan kneeled behind her, moved her hair and went in for a kiss. As he brushed her blonde locks away, he couldn't stop himself -- the urge he had been wanting to act upon all day finally won over and he actually kissed her, softly but with purpose. Her lips felt warm against what was probably the coldest thing she had ever touched, but he didn't want it to end.

Until he realised what he was doing. He moved backwards, shocked at his own actions, and sprang to his feet, stepping away. "I'm sorry," he said hastily. "I shouldn't have done that -- what was I thinking?"

Juliet was having a blast dancing with him. He was the only one that could make her push herself, to challenge herself and better herself. The only one that could keep up with her and make her feel like she could truly dance an amazing duet with someone. She was smiling and laughing the whole time, especially when he would pull her into an extra twirl or he would lift her up into the air. Even when he 'dropped' her, she would just laugh, knowing he would catch her, and wrap her arms around his neck once more, holding herself close to him for a moment before continuing the rest fo the dance.

Finally it came to the end and when they fell to the floor and she looked back at him, holding her hand tightly in his and intertwining their fingers as he leaned forward and brushed her hair from her face. She had thought he would stop like he had the night before, but, to her surprise, he didn't. His cold lips were softly yet passionately moving against hers and she was so caught off guard by it that at first she couldn't think to react. And when she finally thought to kiss him back he had pulled away before she could get the chance, standing up and moving away from her and apologizing to her.

But-but...no. There was nothing wrong with what he had done. She had liked it. She carefully stood up, frowning slightly as she moved to where he stood, "Stefan, you don't have to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong." She smiled softly and shrugged, "I actually liked it. So it was okay. More than okay actually." She turned her gaze up to him now and standing on her tip toes, she kissed him. Not on the cheek this time like all the other times, but a real kiss, her lips pressed gently against his for a moment before she pulled back and smiled at him, "Hopefully that was okay too.

When she kissed him again, Stefan was filled with joy and confidence. "That was perfect," he murmured, before leaning down, putting his cold hand on her cheek and kissing her again, softly, carefully. He parted her lips with his own before kissing her on the corner of the mouth and pulling her into an embrace, with her face gently pressed into his chest and his arms around her shoulders, breathing in the scent of her hair.

"As you may have guessed, I kind of like you. A lot," he whispered before laughing quietly. She was beautiful, amazing, funny, talented and passionate about what she did -- and she seemed to like him back. What else could he have hoped for?

Status
Not open for further replies.