Ballet and Capes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juliet listened quietly as he spoke to, staying curled up to him, and nodded. It was fr the best that they never speak of her past again. Not only would that keep him from asking too many questions about what happened to her in between her parents dying and her coming here for university, it would just be easier on her in general to not have to think about the horrors of that night again, of her parents laying in pools of their own blood and those men harming her in the worst ways possible. They would just go back to focusing on the present with all of that pushed into the back of her mind again, to only come out when Shock Wave was in control.

Juliet nodded carefully and opened her eyes to look up at him, "Okay. We'll go get me a job, and then the next day hang out with your sister. And practice." She took his hand in her own, still trembling slightly but still not nearly as much as they had been shaking before, "I may take you up on that offer....being with you so much...it helps...thank you, Stefan..."

"You're welcome, princess."

As Stefan was both physically and mentally tired he soon fell asleep on his couch, with Juliet wrapped in his cold embrace.

Juliet was too worried to fall asleep last night. After what happened last time she had spent the night there, hands sparking and leaving a mark on the wall, and it being so soon after her worrying about him finding out, she didn't want to risk falling asleep and having night mares in front of him, him seeing her sparking hands. She stayed in his grasp, relaxing against him, his cold touch helping to sooth her shoulder and other wounds. And finally, about nine, she gently unwrapped herself from his grasp and walked into the kitchen. Looking in the fridge, she pulled out some things for breakfast and began cooking breakfast for the two for the two of them.

Soon she had it made and sitting on the table and made ehr way back to where he was sleeping, smiling as she crawled back onto the couch and kissed his lips with a small smile, "Stef? I made breakfast."

"Hmm? Oh, sweetie, you didn't have to do that ... "

Stefan climbed off the couch, took Juliet's hand and walked with her to the breakfast bar. He quickly made them both coffee before they ate the delicious breakfast Juliet had prepared. "This is great, babe," said Stefan.

"Well, you made me breakfast last time I was here, so I figured I would do the same. And, as a sort of thank you. For yesterday." She said with a smile as she sat down with him, taking a bite of the food. She was exhausted from the lack of sleep, but at the same time, she was used to it and seemed to function okay even with out it. It wasn't the first time she didn't get any sleep, whether it be nightmares keeping her up or spending an all nighter as Shock Wave patrolling the city. It used to bother her a lot, but now it was so usual she half expected to not get much sleep in the first place.

Once they were done eating, she brushed her teeth and combed her hair to get at least half way ready, even though they would have to go to her house so she could change into some clothes, "Maybe I should bring a few changes of clothes over here, for the days I spend the night like this. That way we don't have to back track to go all the way to my place." She said, then looked over to him, "What do you think?"

"Ooh, are we at the stage where I clear out one of my drawers for you to put stuff in?" asked Stefan excitedly. "Do we need another toothbrush holder? Your own special coffee mug? We might as well get married right now."

Stefan held Juliet's hand as they walked to the car. He drove to her house and stood in the living room while she got ready. "So I'll introduce you to Tyler, my boss, but you shouldn't quit the waitressing job until you know you have the bookstore one."

Juliet laughed quietly at Stefan's excitement and gave him a kiss, giggling under his lips, "Slow down there. I don't think keeping clothes here means marriage. Not right now anyway." She said, running a hand through his white hair and walking out the door with him. Soon she had dressed into a clean change of clothes at her apartment and went with him to his work in the bookstore. It was nice and quiet, not nearly the hectic buzz her work was. She was already really starting to like it.

When she was introduced to his boss, Juliet spoke to him with a smile, using her manners by saying 'yes sir' and 'no sir' whenever it was needed, as well as explaining her experience in working at different places. It seemed to be a good interview and after filling out an application and Tyler went back to work, she turned to Stefan with a smile on her face, brushing a strand of hair from her face, "How do you think it went?"

"I think it went really well," said Stefan. "Tyler seemed to like you. We should go for lunch and then see if we can get a free studio for practice."

Stefan drove to a small cafe near campus and ordered them lunch. "So," he said as they sat down. "Did you have any more ideas for the choreography?"

Juliet shrugged, "I'm not sure. Maybe a little tweak here or there, to make the motions more fluid, but I don't have any really big changes." She took a sip of her drink and smiled at him, "We've done so much for the dance in the past few days and already we've made so much progress on it to where it looks great. All we have to do is fine tune it and keep practicing. With the showcase being in two weeks I'd say we're doing good."

They ate their lunch and soon were heading to the campus again. There were a few people there, but not many so it was easy to find a practice room and shut the door so they would have privacy in their dance and no one woudl see the dance before the show case. She smiled over at him, "Okay, let's get dressed and start stretching." She changed into some practice clothes in the dressing room and came back out, doing some stretches as she spoke, "I don't think I've ever asked, but, how many ballets have you been in before?"

"Um, four, but mainly as extras," replied Stefan. "I was the lead male in Swan Lake when I was nineteen."

Stefan stretched as he remembered the experience. He missed the thrill of being on stage, but he had decided to concentrate more on school rather than performance.

"I've always wanted to play a lead in Swan Lake. Such a beautiful ballet. I would have loved to be the White Swan. But, my mother was always the lead. And rightfully so. No one could out dance her and so she was always the lead. I was always a background or minor role. In countless numbers of ballets. From the time I was five years old and 'good enough' to be in one until I was fifteen and stopped doing pubic ballets." Strange how they said just the night before how they wouldn't talk about her past anymore, and here she was, discussing it. But, she felt...safe talking about it to him. That she wanted him to know about her parents and about her life before it was turned upside down,

"It helped though that I had my mother teaching me ballet, along with some of the other professionals at the theater. I got first hand teaching from some of the best ballerinas in the world. I guess that's why I was able to take up even minor roles in ballets at such a young age when most people didn't start doing that until they were even ten or eleven. Some of them my father even helped write. You should have heard his music, it was so amazing." There was a bit of sadness in her voice as she spoke of her parents, but at the same time, a certain amount of acceptance as well. She knew there was no bringing them back to life and there was no changing what had happened that night, but that didn't mean she had to let their memory die with them, "They were really amazing people."

Taking a deep breath, she stood up straight from her stretching and smiled over at him, speaking jokingly, "Ready to dance, my white haired prince?"

Stefan listened patiently to Juliet and thought that, even though his family had been a little dysfunctional, he was lucky he still had his mother and sister with him now. "They sound like lovely people," Stefan said as he finished stretching.

"Ready to dance my white-haired prince?" she asked.

"Sure, whatever," joked Stefan. He turned to the stereo and began to play the song they had decided on the other day.

Juliet laughed softly as he joked back with her and soon the music was playing, leading the two of them into the dance. Her arms and legs were still a little sore from the fight between she and Frost the other day, but she was ignoring it and pushing through. It seemed to always relax her, dancing with him like this. She could dance with him all dance and be completely oblivious of the world around them, only aware of the two of them twirling with and around each other.

She would smile at him with every turn she made, a small giggle escaping her whenever he lifted her into the air. And of course, when the 'chase' part began with her being elusive to him, a smirk was on her face until he had once again 'caught' her, the two falling to the floor on their knees. She looked over her shoulder at him, a gentle smile on her face as he leaned forward and kissed her as he had the day before in practice, her softly kissing him back before resting her forehead against his, laughing softly once more, "I can only imagine the crowd's reactions when we end like that. I'm going to definitely have a lot of jealous glares."

"Well if you do, just remember that it all means nothing to me, and that I love you," said Stefan. "So much."

Status
Not open for further replies.