Ballet and Capes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, I've seen it. Let's give it a try." And soon they were dancing again, him sitting on the floor so that she could move over him and lifted her body into the air, mimicking what she remembered of the move perfectly before she was pulled down, laying beside him for just a moment until he caught her hand and intertwined their fingers, pulling her up into his arms again, making her laugh slightly as he spun her about in his arms, her arms around his neck and foreheads close to one another.

And then when she was lowered enough and he had made enough turns, she slipped gracefully from his grasp, using the momentum from his turns to slid around him once and have him dip her again. When she was brought back up she used the force of it to do another small flip and turn to him with a smile, spinning back into his arms.

Just like the night before, she was having a blast dancing with him, enjoying the way the two of them could dance and not have to take it easy on the other. They were on the same page and of the same skill, allowing them to work together flawlessly, something she could have never done with anyone else.

"So maybe here, we could kind of dance away from each other ... "

He took her hands and gently pushed her away, before turning around and executing a perfect jete, followed by a series of perfect and complicated flips until he was nearly at the wall. He turned and saw her the same distance away on the other side. "And now," he called. "We run forward and jete in the middle."

She complied, and when she leaped into the air in the middle, Stefan reached up with his left hand and pulled her down into him. He pressed her body close to his, turning to the mirrors as he wrapped his arms around her torso and rested his chin for a moment. Trying to convey passion into the dance, he closed his eyes before turning to the side and letting her go.

"Just don't drop me this time."

Juliet joked as she complied with everything he suggested, twirling all the way until she was at the other side fo the room and then turned to him before running and once they reached each other, leapt forward into a jete that was executed perfectly, smiling as he surprised her by suddenly pulled her down to him, holding her close to him as they turned toward the mirrors just before he turned and let her go.

She smiled once more and then danced away from him as well and anytime he would get close she would elusively and gracefully move away with small grins and glances over her shoulder at him, the dance becoming a sort of chase now where at times she would get close to him, allowing him to be in just finger tips reach of her but moving away again at the last second, adding a bit of tension and mystery along with the passion of the dance.

Stefan played along with her chase idea for about a minute, before he lunged forward and grabbed her by the waist. They fell to the ground before the mirror together, Stefan making sure neither of them got hurt. They were both on their knees with Stefan kneeling just behind her; he took one of her hands in his while he moved her hair out of the way with the other.

He leaned forward like he was going to kiss her. Just before they actually made contact, he stopped and smiled widely. "That's how it should end. What do you think?"

He leaned away but didn't let her hand go. He felt oddly safe and comfortable there.

Juliet was having so much fun avoiding his capture, sometimes him getting rather close to her with her moving out fo the way just in time, giggling softly. This went on for a long moment until suddenly he lunged out quicker than she thought possibly from him and she was caught by the waist, her letting out a small yelp as they both fell to their knees with him right behind her.

Looking over her shoulder at him, she intertwined her fingers with his as he took her hand and then leaned into the touch as he brushed her blonde locks from her face, looking to him, their blue eyes meeting as he leaned in very close and she did the same.

He stopped though and it took her a moment to get back to reality, a bright red color to her cheeks as she reminded herself this was a ballet, not real. He wouldn't actually kiss her for the sake of show and she certainly shouldn't do so either. Still, there was no hiding the color in her cheeks as she smiled and nodded, "I think the crowd will go crazy."

When he leaned away, she looked shyly at him and after a moment pulled her hand gently from his, standing up, "Well, it's...getting sort of late. Should we run through it again, or head home?"

Stefan stood up also. He knew it was getting too late to continue dancing but he didn't want to leave her alone just yet. He felt that she was opening up to him, that he was slowly breaking down her walls. "How about," he said slowly, smiling, "we go to this hot chocolate place a few blocks from here? It's great, I go there with Sabira sometimes. Then I'll drive you home."

Stefan bent over and untied his pointe shoes as he waited for her answer.

Juliet looked to him as he started speaking, asking her to get some hot chocolate with him. But...why? That was what confused her. They were just dancing partners. There was no need to go out and be...social. She wasn't exactly the most social person in the first place and to be honest, the thought of hanging out with someone...scared her. What if something happened? What if, by chance, her powers did something that couldn't be explained? What if she accidently hurt him, or even if she didn't, what if he found out and then told everyone, putting her in danger of being caught and taken back to that place? She just couldn't go back there! She wouldn't be able to live if she was locked back in that place!

Panicked washed over her momentarily as he went to untie his pointe shoes, but she took a deep breath, realizing she was over reacting. It was just hot chocolate. It was winter and freezing outside so he probably thought hot chocolate was nice and wanted to invite her along since she was the only one here with him. Going for a cup of hot chocolate certainly wouldn't hurt.

Still, as she spoke, her hesitation and shyness about the situation was clear, "I....I guess we could...but I can't stay out long...I just have some school work I have to catch up on." With that, she was bending down to untie and take off her own shoes before heading into the women's dressing room to change. Once she was back into her normal clothes, she walking out, looking at him shyly as he came back out as well and started to walk with him down the halls of the school, "So...um...how long have you been dancing? And what made you interested in ballet?" She asked, glancing over at him in her attempt to start a casual conversation with him.

Stefan laughed when she asked her question. "I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to laugh at me," he said. The halls of the school were empty. "I became interested in ballet ... after I watched Barbie in Swan Lake with my twin sister." He laughed again. "We were like, five, my sister liked the songs and I liked the dance so my mom enrolled us both in classes. And now, here we are."

"What about you?" he asked, pressing the button for the underground car park on the elevator. "You must have been dancing forever to be as good as you are."

He lead Juliet to his car and opened the passenger side door for her, before climbing into the driver's seat.

Even though he told her not to laugh, at his explanation she couldn't stop the small giggle that escaped her, "I used to love that movie as a child. The way she moved was so graceful and I remember wanting to grow up and one day play the swan in the actual ballet all because of her." She smiled, "And of course the very comedic unicorn in the movie help me to enjoy it as well."

At his question, Juliet once again grew shy, rubbing her arms a little as she averted her gaze. The real reason she had started ballet was of course her mother, being the beautiful and most talented ballerina in the country, and possibly one of the best in the world, and how she had wanted to follow in her mother's footsteps and be just like her. But, she couldn't say that. For one, he would never believe her to be the daughter of that woman when the daughter was reported in the news to have committed suicide just two days after her parent's murder and her own rape. She and her parents had become one of the biggest tragedies in the history of ballet performers, so there was no way he at some point hadn't heard of it and likely would think she was nuts if she said she was that girl. And the second reason she couldn't say that, was of course, if he did believe her, and word got out she was alive, those horrible people would be on her in a second, ready to snatch her up.

So, she simply shrugged and formulated her own little story as she went along, "Well...I actually was born and raised in England, " She said, looking back at him now, slipping into her native accent with a small smile, "I learned to fit in quite well and hide my origins since I'm not much of a people's person. Much less attention when people don't know you're from a foreign country."

She laughed slightly and then hid her accent once again, talking in the accent she had learned to use quickly after coming to the United States, one that was the normal American accent he had heard thus far, "Well, in England, there's so many ballets and my mother, well, she was a huge arts enthusiast, as well as my father. My mother loved the form of dance in ballet, and my father enjoyed the music, so they always went and from the time I was born took me along. Any time there was a ballet at the local theatre, I was there in the crowd, my parents feeding my the love for the art from the very start." Well, of course she had been there. Her mother had started in all of them while her father lead the orchestra, "There was the one ballerina. Her name was Janicé Lovington. She was so beautiful, one of the world's best performers, and she became...kind of my hero I guess." As she spoke about her mother, a small smile formed on her lips, "I looked to her for inspiration and soon I started taking lessons from private tutors right not he very theatre my idol worked."

"But, " She continued, "My father was transferred here to the United States. His job often had me moving around, and so I was never able to really settle enough to actually perform on stage." She brushed a strand of her hair back from her face, "And that's also why everyone here seems to...look down on me. After all, why wouldn't they? A girl who's never actually performed in college to be a professional ballet dancer? It's unheard of and kind of ridiculous, so I don't really blame them." She shook her head slightly, wanting to move on from the topic, "Anyway, you said you have a sister? Does she go here too?"

"Well, to be honest, I think you're one of the best dancers here, regardless of whether or not you've performed professionally," said Stefan as he drove. The traffic was light, but as it was the city, there were still more cars than he was comfortable with. He was grateful he lived in the suburbs.

"Oh yes, my sister. Sabira, which is weird because we're as white as you can be and that's a Muslim name. She got a scholarship for the musical department here." He bit his lip as he turned a corner. Did he dare to continue? "I got a scholarship for the dance department. We never had a lot of money growing up, so my mom Natalia was very grateful when all our expenses were paid for."

Stefan parked in front of the hot chocolate place and jumped out of the car so he could open the door for her again. He lead her inside, an instinctual hand on her elbow as a guide. The cafe smelled of cocoa, sugar and cream. Stefan lead her to the short line. "What would you like?"

Juliet smiled as she listened to him speak about he and his sister, "Well, for both you and your sister to both get scholarships here is amazing. You're really talented yourself and I'm sure for your sister to have a scholarship as well she must have an outstanding musical ability." She complimented as they pulled up to the cafe and parked. She unbuckled her seat belt and was about to open her door when, much to her surprise, he was there opening her door for her and helping her out of the car. This brought another shy smile to her face and got out, walking to the cafe with him.

But that wasn't the end of his surprises because, even if it was just a small gesture, his hand was on her elbow, him leading her inside and up to teh counter much like a gentleman would, leaving her laughing softly at the gesture and then looked to the menu, "Let's see...well, we came here for hot chocolate, so I think I'll get some hot chocolate with marshmallows."

Once he had ordered, they waited for their drinks before grabbing them and allowing him to lead them to a table. Strange...this...didn't feel like a normal 'hang out' sort of situation. Of course, what did she know since she didn't exactly hang out with people at all really. But, the way he was leading her around and talking to her...it almost made it seem like...a date?

No, no, no. She was being silly. He probably didn't see this as a date, he was likely just being nice to her and she was perceiving it wrong and totally jumping to conclusions. She shook her head slightly to herself with a small smile at how ridiculous she was being and took a sip of her drink silently as she looked out ot eh window, watching as a winter snow began to fall from the sky.

With the snow falling outside the window, Stefan felt more comfortable. He always felt more comfortable in the winter, even if it meant that his control over his powers slipped a little. Sure enough, he felt the mug his hot chocolate was in slowly cool down. He pulled his sleeve up to cover his hand so it didn't turn into a chocolate ice cube.

It could have been a date. Stefan felt like it was a date, but he knew it wasn't. They were just out for hot chocolate. No biggie.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked quietly. He subconsciously leaned forward and began playing with a curl of her light blonde hair.

"Why are you smiling?"

At the sound of his voice, Juliet blinked, bringing herself back to reality to look at him questioningly, though when she did, she noticed him lean forward just a bit and curl a strand of her long golden blonde hair around his finger, causing the color in her cheeks to flare up into a rose red color as she looked at him, "I...well...you see...."

She found herself unable to keep looking at him when he looked at her in that way, her eyes moving down shyly to her hot chocolate, speaking softly with the small smile gracing her lips once more, "It's nothing important. I was just smiling to myself because sometimes I think of the silliest and most ridiculous things, that's all."

"Well, that's good," murmured Stefan. "It means you have a good imagination. Perfect for creative writing."

Her hair was soft and caught the warm yellow light of the cafe. He released the curl of her hair and brushed the back of two of his fingers over her cheek, just to marvel at how smooth her skin was. Stefan then leaned back in his seat and sipped his hot chocolate, which, despite the thin sheath of fabric separating his skin from the mug, was now cold. He could only imagine how cold his fingers had been on her cheek.

Juliet finally glanced back up at him when he spoke, feeling ice cold fingers brush across her cheek. It had been rather cold outside so that wasn't something unusual, though she did find it strange since he had been holding onto his cup of supposed hot chocolate moments before with that very hand. Still those thoughts were out of her mind and not thought of much because her mind was too preoccupied with how flustered she was, her heart pounding in her chest and mind racing until he finally pulled away and leaned back in his seat.

And yet, she wanted that hand back on his cheek. She just couldn't find the voice to word it. And so, she kept her mouth shut as silence washed over the two of them and she continued to sip quietly at her hot chocolate until finally she spoke up quietly, her gaze moving back to his once more,

"Do you...always take your dance partners out for hot chocolate?"

Stefan smiled softly and shook his head. "No, only you," he replied. His white hair fell into his eyes as he finished the hot chocolate. He brushed his hair back so it sat messily on his scalp.

He was aware that he was attractive, but Juliet was gorgeous. Her clear, pale skin and blonde hair gave her the same kind of whitewashed appearance that Stefan and Sabira had, but hers was all soft curves and rounded features. The Brightinger twins were nothing but sharp angles. Stefan could imagine Sabira warning him to be careful around Juliet. "You don't want to be caught out, do you?" she said in his brain.

But he didn't care. He wanted to be around Juliet.

Juliet couldn't help the soft smile that graced her lips when he said he had only taken her out for hot chocolate and even lightly quietly at the way his hair fell messily on his head after he raked a hand through it. She was definitely standing by her first thought of him that she had the day before of him being adorable. But, there was also more than that. He was also handsome, a gentlemen, and was just fun to be around. He was the first person she had met that could really bring out a smile, and even a laugh every once and a while, out of her.

Her bright blue eyes glanced back to him as she continued to smile, "That's good." Though, in realizing how that might have sounded rubbed the back of her neck nervously, speaking quickly the blush coming back to her cheeks, "Uh, not that if you had bring someone else here it wouldn't have been good. I mean, you're a nice guy so I can see you doing something like that. I guess I'm just glad that you decided to bring me here even though you've never really done that for any of your other partners and-- and I'm blabbering. I really need to shut up."

By now her cheeks were on fire and she was mentally kicking herself. She could feel the palms of her hands that were pressed against the mug she was holding sparkling ever so lightly in her nervousness, not enough to be visible, but enough to where she could feel it. She shook her head,and took a deep breath to calm herself as she looked back down to her hot chocolate, suddenly feeling shy once again after such an embarrassing moment and silently wishing she had just went home so she wouldn't have embarrassed herself in the first place, closing herself off once again as she spoke quietly, not meeting his gaze, "Sorry...Maybe I should just go home."

Stefan saw her becoming flustered and started to get concerned. Looking strictly at her face, he reached over and put one of his icy hands on hers, curling his fingers into her grasp.

"It's fine," he assured her. "Everyone gets flustered. You want to hear the story of Sabira when she met her favourite composer?" He laughed once at the memory, before catching her gaze with his. "Hey. I'll take you home if you want me to."

Calm down, Juliet. You're powers. You can't let them get out of control.

In her mind, Juliet was reminding herself she needed to stay calm as she finished off the rest of her drink. She couldn't let her emotions take over because when her emotions came out, her powers did too. Thankfully, as she took deep breaths she could feel the sparking in the palm of her hand start to calm a bit, and then when she felt his fingers curl and intertwine into hers, his touch somehow relaxing her until it was nothing more than a light static that was barely noticable. Finally her gaze moved back to his and at his laugh, the small shy smile coming back to her lips,

"A ride home would be nice. Thank you...Stefan." Seeing as they both seemed to be finished with their drinks, she stood up and made her way out of the door with him, gasping as she almost slipped on a patch of ice outside, though caught her balance on him lightly and straightening up, laughing, "You know, for someone who does ballet, you would think I would be more balanced than to slip on all this ice in winter."

When she slipped, Stefan's reflexes kicked in and he caught her around the waist. "Yes, you would think so, Juliet." He caught her gaze, and, while she wasn't looking, he waved his hand behind his back and evaporated all the ice on the pavement, so she wouldn't slip again. Like before, he guided her with his hand on her elbow and opened her car door.

"Right, time for the inevitable stalker question," he said, starting the car. "May I have your address, m'lady?" he said in a pretend, pompous accent. "I promise I won't stalk you. Much."

Status
Not open for further replies.