Ballet and Capes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juliet didn't think she could ever be happier than she was in this moment when he kissed her back. He liked her! Really liked her! How could she have gotten so lucky? When she was pulled into his embrace, she smiled more and stayed in his grasp, her arms gently around his neck, "And I like you a lot too." She stated, looking up at him. He was just...so perfect. Kind, a gentlemen, always trying to make her smile and feel special. How could she not fall for someone like him?

"So...I guess this means this whole relationship...its official? Right?" It sure did feel like it, but she had to be sure. After all, she didn't want another girl to come along and swoop him up right from under her, but at the same time, didn't want to put herself in that situation if the relationship between them wasn't official as him being her boyfriend and her being his girlfriend. She just...just had to be sure.

Last edited:
Stefan smiled and pulled back so he could look at her with tender eyes. He gently pulled her face up so he could look into her eyes and smiled softly. "Of course it is," he said before kissing her on the forehead. "Just don't tell Sabira, she'll start baking our wedding cake ... "

Stefan couldn't feel luckier. What had he done to deserve such a beautiful, talented girl who was completely devoted to him? How much had he succeeded in his past life to have karma reward him in such a way now?

Juliet gave a soft laugh, "Well, at least we'd get cake." She joked softly, resting her forehead against his. Of course, they would have to tell his sister sooner or later. But even if they didn't tell her, she had a feeling just from what she had seen of the girl today that she would find out whether they wanted her to or not. Her boyfriend's sister seemed very persistent in that way.

Her boyfriend. It made her so giddy to just think about it. For the first time in her life since her parents died someone actually cared about her. Accepted her. It was the most amazing feeling in the world.

She smiled softly nuzzling her forehead lightly against his, "We should get back to practicing, Stefan. Before it gets late and we get stuck being out until midnight again."

"You're right, of course," he said. He stepped away and walked to his phone. "We should actually pick a song now, before we get the entire routine choreographed and then cry when we have to change it to fit a song ... "

He took the phone, sat on the floor beside where Juliet stood and pulled her down next to him, scrolling through his song list. "There's a song I think would fit ... it's called Please Don't Go by Joel Adams," said Stefan, clicking on the song and playing it. He found himself singing along to it because he adored the song. "Now please don't go. Most nights I hardly sleep when I'm alone."

While they sat and listened to the song, Stefan reached over and took Juliet's hand, tracing the soft skin with his thumb and just generally rejoicing at her presence. She was his first real girlfriend -- sure, he had dated girls before and he had many admirers, but she was special. He was emotionally and mentally invested in her. He would do anything for her. She was precious.

Juliet laughed lightly when she was pulled down to sit beside him, holding his hand as he found the song he had been looking for. Listening to it, she could picture them moving to the words and the beat of the song. Yes, this song would fit very nicely with the choreography she and Stefan had come up with. She listened to his voice as he sung along with it and found herself leaning lightly against him, her head resting on his shoulder, letting his voice relax her. And toward the end, her own voice joined in, harmonizing quietly with his, "I think of you whenever I'm alone, so please don't go."

Once the song was over, she looked up at him and smiled, pressing her lips to his in a quick peck, nodding, "I think it's perfect and goes along with our dance really well." Standing up, she pulled him up with her again. Having him play the song again, they danced through it to the beat and the lyrics of the song. It went so well with it and caused the dance to have much more passion in it now that they had their song to work with. Already two days in and it seemed they had the most important parts other than some fine tuning figured out and their dance was looking great.

Within time though, it was getting later and time for them to go home was approaching. Finishing up and changed back into their normal clothes, she smiled as she walked outside with him, "Text me and let me know what time you want to meet up tomorrow to practice again. Or if you just want to hang out in general." She said with a smile and a small shrug, leaning up to give him a light kiss and with that she was heading home. I was a very short walk from the campus to her house, and while she could have gotten Stefan to drive her, she preferred to walk. It gave her some exercise and fresh air.

Once home, she fixed herself a quick dinner and turned on the TV to the news, listening the news report that had come on TV,

"Two murders have been committed tonight, one of a young woman found on the corner of Baker-street and the other being an older man in an alley way two streets over. The causes of death have not been discovered or released to the public but the bodies are being examined as we speak. Could his be the work of our usual villain Shock Wave? Or a completely other mass murderer on the loose? We will keep you updated."

With that, the news went to commercials and she shook her head, "Ridiculous, do they honestly think all murders in this city are committed by me? They should know by now. I'm not afraid to leave my mark when I do some dirty work to get justice." She shook her head in annoyance, standing up from where she sat, taking the last bite of her food, "Well, Shock Wave," She spoke to herself as she moved to her duffle bag she had discarded onto the couch, pulling out her costume and mask, "Time to go catch a murderer and bring this city more peace. Even if they don't know it."

In just a few moments she was changed and sneaking out of the apartment. She had grown accustomed to sneaking out and keeping to the shadows for the most part, so it wasn't hard to get to Bakers Street un-noticed. Se figured the man would still be in the area if his two murders were done within streets of each other. And, she was right. About five streets down she spotted a man walking down the street and rather close to another man. The man he was following seemed to be uncomfortable with it and would try to walk a little faster but the man would just speed up his pace as well.

And then finally, after looking about to see if anyone was watching (she was still hiding in the shadows so he was unable to see her), he suddenly grabbed the man, pulling him back into one of the many alley ways of the city between two tall buildings. Juliet was quick to move in, rushing the the alley, but, she was too late. Right as she rounded the corner, the man, with a knife in hand, suddenly drew a bright red smile right across his neck, blood pooling out and down the man's chest as his murderer searching him for valuables.

Shock Wave leaped into action immediately, kicking the man away from the dead body. The man retaliated, getting up and rushing at her with a knife, though she quickly turned out of the way. This happened a few more times until finally she dodged and gripped his wrist and twisted his arm, hearing a loud snap. The man yelled out in pain but she merely used the momentum of the break and holding his arm to her advantage while he was in too much pain to fight, and pulled him to the ground, giving a soft, "Tsk tsk. I win. You loose." With that, her hand went down and gripping his neck tightly, she executed the man in the way she always did with people like him, feeling him shake uncontrollably under her until all life had left his gaze and she stood up, putting her hands on her hips, "Too easy." Like always, she smirked, putting her mark on the wall. With two bodies int hat alley, would she be blamed for both murders? Probably? As well as the other two murders that night as well. But she didn't care. She knew the truth and she had gotten justice for the people this man had killed. That was all that mattered.

Finishing the letters marked on the wall she smirked down at the dead body, her back to the entrance fo the alley, "Two nights of success, though to be honest, it would be more fun if all those heroes trying to stop me weren't so...slow. Then maybe things might actually get fun and interesting around here."

On the drive home, the pleasant thoughts of Juliet were pushed out of Stefan's head when he heard the news of the two murders on the radio. As soon as he arrived at his apartment he decided Frost needed to make a reappearance. He rushed into his bedroom, quickly changed into his costume and sneaked out of his apartment via the fire escape so no one would see him.

He spent about fifteen minutes running over the tops of buildings, working to refrain from leaving icy footprints everywhere as he searched for clues. He heard screams coming from an alley and a bright light, like a sparking plug. Frost leaned over the edge of the building on the right side of the alley and saw the villain Shock Wave, electrocuting a man until he died. Stefan's stomach turned over as he saw the gross wounds on the man's body.

The villain stood with her back to the entrance of the alley, talking about how slow the heroes in the city were. Frost jumped from the building, landing a few feet behind her and conjured a thick layer of slippery ice right under her feet, causing her to trip and fall to the ground. "Slow?" he said, standing over her. "Let's see how fast you are with a concussion."

At the sound of someone landing behind her, Juliet turned quickly, though perhaps her speed in doing so was the cause of her fall, because soon she was slipping on a patch of ice. She fell with a thud, though didn't waste any time rolling and getting to her feet again in a swift movement, facing him with a glare, "Nice try, but I know how to take a fall. Years of experience." Her fingers were sparking brightly now as she watched him closely, "Hmph, so you're the last one huh? Pretty sad isn't it that all the other supers around here just haven't been able to entertain me. One by one they fell until, heh, well only you remained. Let's see if you're any different than them."

Her moves were a tempo as she swiftly moved about, trying to gain an opening, but, much to her surprise, he moved with her, dodging her so that they were moving in an almost dance. It was frustrating yet entertaining all the same. Someone to who was really a challenge. She just didn't know how she felt about that. After taking a few swings that he actually managed to dodge she twisted and jumped back, "Hm. Alright. Let's take this up a notch." With that her fingers began to spark more and as she moved to hit him, electricity would also shoot from her hands at his feet, trying to cause him to move closer to her and keep him from dodging too far away, corralling him closer and closer to her.

The dance-like battle was entertaining, but Frost could sense that he was in danger of that electricity. He dodged and jumped back from her every hit, but he knew that if they kept this up he would most likely take a large hit of fatal electricity and probably die.

Frost jumped far back and stamped his foot, hard, into the ground. Ice protruded from his footprint and snaked over the ground and up the villain's legs, trapping her where she stood. He knew he couldn't really do anything about her hands, but now, at least, she wouldn't be able to move for a while until the ice melted, or he broke it.

"Why do you do this? Why do you feel the need to kill people?" he demanded of her. His hood shrouded his hair and neck, but his masked eyes were visible as he glared at the villain.

Despite what the hero thought, she wouldn't have killed him. She had no reason to kill a hero, and never had before. Sure she had hospitalized them, but kill? No. They were just doing what they thought was right, even if they were wrong in the long run. She continued to shoot the bolts of electricity from her hands, moving about him and trying to get him down until he suddenly jumped back and hit his foot hard against the ground.

The ice snaked toward her too quickly for her to react in time, the freezing ice enveloping her legs as she stood there and glared at him and his question, "I don't know. Why don't you just try to figure that out for yourself, Blue Eyes?" Sure, she knew his 'name' was known as the public by Frost, but she wasn't one for calling any of the heroes by their actual hero names, always calling them by one nickname she gave to them and this was hers for him. She felt they just didn't deserve to be called by their hero names. After all, they all wanted to go after the bad guys, yet were doing everything but. Instead, they were going after the person who got rid of the bad guys. Hell, she was practically doing their jobs for them! And yet, they were always too stupid to figure it out. Just like him.

She smirked, looking to him with a raised eyebrow, "You do realize, " Her hand shot downward, high amounts of electricity escaping her hands, most of the ice around them melting until she gracefully pulled her legs from the remaining encasing of ice, her hands going to her hips, "That electricity can get up to be 53,540 degrees in the best cases. What a lovely way to speed melt ice, don't cha think?" She said with an innocent smile before grinning and shooting out a smaller bolt of electricity, hitting him square in the chest to stun him a bit as she ran forward to throw a punch at him.

The electric bolt hit him in the chest and he stumbled backwards, but he managed to stop her punch with his hand before she could land it. He twisted her arm back, hoping it dislocated, before letting her go and leaping to the fire escape of the building.

He couldn't run but he could jump. He stumbled his way over the rooftops until he reached Sabira's apartment. She was in her living room and jumped when he clambered through her window, in full costume, clutching his chest.

"What the f -- Stefan!" cried Sabira. She rushed to her brother and pulled up his shirt, which was singed a little, and nearly threw up at the burn there. "What the hell happened?"

"Shock Wave," said Stefan bitterly. Sabira helped him to the sofa and rushed to the kitchen to get him a drink of water while Stefan took of his mask and hood. As his sister came back, Stefan put his hand on the burn on his chest and began to ice it off, which had helped his wounds before. Sure enough, the burn soon disappeared.

"Well, thank God for your magic ice," said Sabira.

Juliet let out a pained yelp when her arm was twisted back. It was painful, but she was persistent, ready to keep on fighting anyway. Only, before she got the chance to give him another blow, he was gone, climbing up the fire escape. She glared up after him and went over to the fire escape, ignoring the pain in her shoulder as she climbed, only to stop half way up, freezing from fear when she got a little too high. These buildings were rather tall and it was likely Frost was hopping roof tops, something she knew she could never think of doing. She couldn't even make it halfway up the building without freaking out from her fear.

And so, begrudgingly, she climbed back down the ground below and left, sneaking through the shadows to get back home and once there, immediately got out of her costume and went to look at her arm in the mirror. It was bruised fairly badly around her shoulder and shoulder blade, and very painful as well. Inches from dislocation. The question was, what could she do about it? She supposed she was lucky. Had it been dislocated she would have had no choice but to go to the hospital and get it pushed back into place. She couldn't do that, it would cause too many questions seeing as the arm looked obviously as though someone had forced it injury.

All she could do was go to her freezer and get some ice to put on it. It didn't help but, but it was better than nothing. Along with that and taking a good bit of pain medicine, she at least wasn't in withering pain from it. But dancing tomorrow...that would show to be a problem. And so, she came up with a story if he asked. She would tell him she had been practicing at home and fell, only to try and catch herself and accidently twisting her arm back. It may not be the best excuse, but it was the one she would give him. She let out a sigh and sat on her couch in the silence, leaning her head back. Frost was probably lucky. Heroes always had people taking care of them when they got hurt. After all, who wouldn't help an injured hero? But her? She was lonely, sitting her, taking care of her injury herself. No one would have even thought to help her if they knew who she was. Everyone hated her.

Well, except for one person, but...that was different. He didn't, not would he ever, know who she was really was. She wouldn't put him in danger like that. He would just leave her anyway if he knew what a terrible person she was. That was why this had to stay a secret, despite how lonely it was. She could deal with it. She was used to it anyway.

He made it home in the morning -- he was too sore to try and do anything during the night, so Stefan had slept on Sabira's couch. As soon as he got home, Stefan reached for his dance bag and drove to campus. He actually had classes that day. Gross.

Stefan exited the change rooms just as Juliet arrived to class. Smiling because of her presence, he walked up to her and joined her at the barre. "Hello, princess," he said softly, gently touching her arm. "I don't have work today so I'm thinking we take a break from practice and just do something fun after class, if you're up to it."

The night before, Sabira had inquired about Juliet and Stefan, who would never lie to his twin, and told her that they were now official. He quietly told Juliet this, smiling as they continued stretches.

Juliet smiled brightly at him when he called her princess, continuing to do her stretches. When he called her that it left her heart fluttering. Of course, such a warm feeling was forgotten for the moment when he touched her arm. It was just a gentle touch, but all the same it hurt. The small bag of ice she had put on it had done close to nothing to help ease the pain. Lifting it for stretching hurt bad enough and when he touched it, it hurt even worse. She winced and moved her arm away, rubbing her shoulder and looking at him apologetically, "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you...I fell last night practicing in my apartment. I caught myself, but it twisted my arm back pretty far."

Standing up straight, she lightly pulled the collar of her shirt to the side to let him see her shoulder, bruised up fairly badly from the muscles that had been twisted last night. She let go of her collar and sighed, "But don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine after a few days. Though, I don't think I could even practice tonight if I wanted to, so just something fun sounds really nice." She smiled brightly and looked up at him, "Hey, I heard the fair is in town. I've never been before, I've always been so busy with dance and work, and I never really had anyone to go with before. So, how about you join me in my first trip to the fair?" She asked, grinning up at him.

"I would be delighted to take you to the fair. Just let me lock Sabira in a cupboard so she doesn't follow us." He frowned at her very bruised shoulder. "Oh no," he said, gently putting his hand on her bruises. Though he knew he couldn't properly heal her with his icy powers -- that would be ridiculous -- he hoped his cold touch could at least ease her pain. "You're simply a danger to yourself. How could you be so irresponsible? Do I need to put you under house arrest?"

The pain from the electric shock the villain had delivered had mostly subsided, so Stefan was able to move almost as fluidly as he usually did. The class passed by tediously; they were running through a series of leaps and plies, but nothing Stefan didn't already know. He was relieved when Madame LaLaurie called an end to the class. Stefan quickly changed into his casual clothes and waited for Juliet beside the door.

Juliet smiled lightly, leaning into the cool touch of his hand on her shoulder. It felt nice and eased the pain just a little bit, "Considering I did this while actually inside my apartment I don't think house arrest would do any good." She joked lightly. Of course, she didn't actually do it while inside her apartment, but he thought she did so it was best to play along with that story she had given him.

Soon they were going through their class, doing leaps and such. Keeping up with her normal habit of trying to keep the attention off of herself and kept these as simple as possible. Though, considering the pain in her arm, it was the best to not do anything too complex anyway. Once they were all done, she was heading into the dressing room and changed into her normal clothes before going out to meet him beside the door of the classroom. When the others in their class saw the two together and walking down the hall with one another, their glares followed them, the girls obviously not liking the idea that someone like Juliet was getting his attention in such a way.

Juliet simply ignored the looks and unthinkingly stayed close to him so that his cool skin could chill her shoulder a bit as they went along. Soon they were in the car and after a short drive they had made it to the fair, her looking around with a huge smile on her face as she got out of the car, "Wow! This all looks so cool." She turned to him with a smile, "What should we do first?"

"As I am essentially still a teenage boy I want food," Stefan proclaimed. He deliberately walked on the opposite side of her sore shoulder, so Stefan could drape his arm over her and soothe her pained skin with his cold touch as they walked. "Seriously. I'm just a fourteen-year-old stuck in a twenty-three-year-old's body. I hope that isn't too creepy for you. Eh, I get to go and brag about my beautiful older girlfriend to my stupid teenage friends now," he joked.

He walked them over to a kiosk and purchased two cups of hot fries, a Coke and a Dr Pepper. "I've never had fair food before," he commented. "Sabira drags me to a lot of restaurants so this is a very new experience for me. Now, after we eat do you want to go on the ghost train or the Ferris wheel? We should have enough time to try everything ... "

Juliet laughed and shook her head, "I don't think boys ever grow out of eating junk food because I see guys chowing down on this kind of stuff all the time on campus." She ate her fries as they walked and had to think for a moment. Ghost train or Ferris wheel? The thought of being taken so high up into the air by a Ferris wheel was honestly more scary than the idea of a 'ghost train'. But...she didn't want to seem like a kill joy either and have him think she was a weirdo for having such a childish fear like the fear of heights. She knew at some point that day they would have to go on it, much to her fright of being up in the air so high. That is, unless she continued to put it off until the last minute before the fair would close. Then maybe they wouldn't have time to ride it? She hoped.

"I say we go on the Ghost Train first. Could be interesting." She smiled at him and once they were done eating their snack she went with him to the Ghost Train, getting in. It was an average 'haunted house' sort to ride where things would pop up at the people as they rode through. Juliet though didn't scream and instead would laugh in amusement, hugging onto Stefan's arm. As they walked out she was still laughing, "I don't see how people can be scared by all those things, The costumes and props were so fake." Looking to the side of them, a little ways further into the fair, she smiled brightly and then was half dragging him along with her using her good arm to do so, "Look, Stefan! A House of Mirrors! Come on! Let's go give it a try!"

"I don't know, that spider was pretty scary," said Stefan, as they walked to the House of Mirrors. "Little-known fact about me: I am petrified of spiders. Yes. Do not use that against me. Sabira did that when we were fifteen and I punched her in the face."

The House of Mirrors was interesting; Stefan and Juliet spent time standing in front of the curvy mirrors, elongating their torsos and enlarging their heads. There was one octagonal room that was simply walled with mirrors; the two blonds stood in the centre with Stefan marvelling at the reflections. It was like being trapped in a diamond.

"This is weird," he said. He lifted up his hand, which was enveloped in Juliet's, and moved it around, watching the millions of other Stefans and Juliets copy the same movements. "I kid you not, Sabira has a phobia of mirrors. Maybe I should stop talking about her, she might show up. It's like summoning Satan."

Juliet smiled as she walked through the house of mirrors with Stefan, the two of them joking around as they stood in front of different mirrors and laughing at themselves. And then, finally they got a room where they were surrounded by the mirrors, "Whoa. This is so crazy, yet, pretty." Everywhere she turned was their reflection in the mirrors, "Imagine dancing in a place like this. It would be so amazing with all the different angles and views." Of course, with how her shoulder was, that would have to be saved for another time.

For now, they walked out of that room and into the last part of the house, a mirror maze where one would have to find their way through. The two of them worked together and finally made it out, her smiling at him, "That was fun. And we actually managed to get out pretty quickly." She walked close to him once more so he could put his arm over her shoulder again, leaning into his grasp, "Since I choose the Mirror house, it's your turn. What should we do now?"

"Hmm ... I would say bumper cars but your shoulder wouldn't be able to handled it ... " He caught sight of a ride and began to smile. "How about a rollercoaster?"

Thrill rides excited Stefan. He always liked doing things that would get his heart rate up -- the only kinds of films he could watch were horror and thriller.

Status
Not open for further replies.