• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Do you have to wind him up? Can't you just appease him and pretend he's got the better deal?" Sighed Jessica from her bed as she watched the other enter, her exasperation written across her face. Normally she'd find it amusing, but the constant bickering between the pair of them had been something she had dealt with for the past few decades. It was already predictable to her that Keisuke would be ranting about the situation all night, and she didn't want to have to deal with that. Apparently, with his voice already heard to be ranting to Leo, it was something she couldn't avoid.

"Honestly, you know what he's like. Sometimes it's worth not provoking him," she continued as she rolled onto her stomach, placing her book aside. "...How was it, seriously? I was worried, you know? Is Franky as arrogant as Leo says?"

"He definitely doesn't like me," he admitted casually as he flopped onto his bed. "Doesn't matter, does it? I'll be his bodyguard and I'll get close. He wasn't arrogant in the sense that he was flaunting money or whatever, he was just sort of bitter. I mean, I did steal Kyle from him," he boasted before laying out with a smirk.

"Listen, the more flustered Kei is, the better. There's nothing that cheers me up more than seeing him jealous, to simply put it. I mean, my scrawny ass is still tough."

"Why don't you two just admit you like one another and I can stop listening to you both deliberately trying to wind each other up? It's exhausting. Leo and I have to deal with you two winding each other up. It'd be nice if you both admit you like each other-- it's gone on for decades. Other than that little make-out session a few years back, you've done nothing," she sighed, clearly having her own opinions on the matter. If she was Sanghai, she'd admit that she liked Keisuke and see where it went. Instead, she had to deal with them both pissing one another off.

"...Do what you want, hm? I just want you happy and... you're doing a good job with this whole Franky thing," she praised, offering across a tired smile. "...So, this Kyle guy. Does he really like you then?"

"I don't have feelings for Kei, why does everyone keep saying that?!" He huffed in denial before rolling his eyes. She was right, sure, but like hell would he admit it - especially not when he had Kyle seemingly falling for him.

"He must , right? Like, I just had to say some nice things and he immediately offered to train me. Like Kei said, I'm not the strongest looking guy, yeah? Yet here I am, spending time with s hot guy."

"We say it because we've lived with you for the best part of 50 or so years and I think we obviously know the signs by now. It's so obvious, but I'm not going to force it. Maybe you'll fall madly in love with this Kyle guy, and maybe Kei will find love with someone. Maybe Leo can move on once Franky's dead-- maybe I can actually have the attention for once, then? Honestly, it's hard being the only girl in this group, you know?" She tutted, acting as though it hardly mattered with a quiet laugh. Of course it mattered, though. Their group was much larger than this at one time, when they were human, and she had had a few close girlfriends she could chat with about things she couldn't open up to with the others. They died and she was the only one Leo managed to save. She adored the boys, of course, adopting a sort of protective sisterly role with them... but that didn't mean she also didn't want to just do some girly things. Nobody seemed to understand that, and she knew that was her fault for not opening up, but she also felt that they ought to just understand without her needing to inform them.

"...I'm not asking to be the centre of attention, I just... I'd like to maybe catch a movie and get my nails done, or have my hair done at a salon? I used to do it all the time with Amy and Clare, and... it's hard without them. You guys are family to me, but none of you are really going to come get makeup done with me at the salon, are you?"

"... well, I wouldn't get my makeup done but I could come and get my nails and hair?" He offered, his arrogant mood switching off instantly as he moved a bit closer. "I don't think I'd look very good with makeup, Jess. Look, I... I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt that way. I know everything has been pretty focused on Leo these days," he admitted, offering an encouraging smile in hopes to cheer her up.

"You know what? Fuck it, I'll get my makeup done too if you'd like~?" He offered teasingly while secretly hoping she'd realize it was a joke and say no. "I'd look like a clown but clowns are funny, right? You deserve to be happy sometimes~!"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
"I don't want to sound like I'm moaning, I'm just... I feel like I'm the mature one who has to sacrifice everything for you all. I really don't mind it, I want to look out for you all, but I want some attention sometimes. I want to have the chance to just... have fun, I guess," she sighed, already regretting the emotional outpouring. It was clearly necessary, and she was definitely relieved that Sanghai not only understood but agreed with her, but she still felt she could have refrained from blurting it all out.

"That'd be nice, Sanghai. Just... a little massage, get my nails and hair done-- yeah, it'd be nice," she grinned, running her hands through her frizzy hair quietly. "I could do with a proper pampering session, assuming Leo actually lets us do that. He's so caught up in this Franky stuff."

"That's what pisses me off, yeah? We're adults, we can do whatever the fuck we want yet we can't if Leo doesn't want to. Like, I want to help him for helping us and stuff but sometimes I just want to go to the club and enjoy myself," he whined, intentionally being as obnoxious as possible as he rolled onto his stomach.

"I'll go with you if you make the appointment, you know how phones make me nervous. I'll pay my half if that makes you feel better, yeah? I just don't like it when you're sad, you're too smart to be sad."

Whether the two knew it or not, Leopold could hear every word that was being said - though he knew better than to get offended by the remarks. He had been with them and Keisuke for decades; they were literally like family at this point, and little things that could cause arguments were usually ignored, or at least taken on board without making a big deal of it. In this instance, Leo did take the words on board, making a conscious effort over the following weeks to be less... strict. He wasn't so focused on getting revenge on his ex that he didn't know how to have fun, it had just taken a backseat in recent months. However, as weeks past, he made the effort to just enjoy the city with his best friends, hoping that his efforts weren't going unnoticed.

Despite that, work and progress still had to be made on the plan... and weeks of focus and determination had definitely had its success. The target against Franky had become public knowledge, leaving several people too afraid to enter business deals with him, fearing for their lives if they got close to the man that was the target of the group's attention. Various close friends had also chosen to turn their backs, keeping their reputations safe away from the vampire that was the constant news in magazines and on TV. His life was scrutinised, the media eager to be the first to discover why he was the target. That was something even the police failed to solve. Franky seemed to have pissed off several people, but they all had alibis saving them from suspicion. Thus, the whole thing seemed to be a dead-end, however hard they worked on it.

Kyle had poured most of his life over the last few weeks trying to assist Franky in capturing the group at fault, especially when he himself had been attacked. As soon as he was physically able, he was back in the station chasing up leads, and when he wasn't, he was in Franky's apartment, choosing to stay with him until the villains were caught. But, inevitably, he had his own life to lead; a life that was slowly focusing around his budding relationship with Sanghai. Even though Kyle was fit enough to resume his position as Franky's guard, he had grown so close to Sanghai that the man was still an ever-present figure around the place.

Having Sanghai remain that close to Kyle was a blessing. It meant that, when Leo finally wanted to approach Franky, his friend could distract the guard by taking him out on some cute date. Jessica and Keisuke were told to wait in a car outside, just in case a quick exit was needed. Meanwhile, Leo was finally ready to see his ex-boyfriend in the flesh, face-to-face, for the first time since the vampire put a bullet in his head and cruelly dumped his body in the middle of nowhere. Having made Franky's life hell for the last few weeks, now seemed the perfect time to show him that he was behind it all; a man that Franky thought was dead, and who, when human, had never been the revengeful type.

With Sanghai having managed to find a spare key for him, Leo had entered the apartment and spent the last half an hour wandering about examining the flashy lifestyle Franky lived. Only when he heard the key in the door to signal Franky's arrival did he plop himself down in the fancy armchair near the window, his eyes briefly glancing over the city below. He was determined to enjoy this moment, which was why he had spent most the day making himself look good, even having a new suit made for himself. With a final sip of his champagne, he offered Franky a smug wave, his grin widening in amusement.

"I do love your apartment, it's very... luxurious," the fellow vampire purred, his Polish accent still present in his words. "Come and sit down, we should talk, I think. I do like talking, I'm not so good at listening, so maybe I'll start. I'm sure you want to know what's going on, right?"

While the last few weeks had been hell for Franky, he never let it visually affect him. Whenever he was on the news, he always kept a calm demeanor. When businesses and friends abandoned him, he would simply accept it and move on. Whenever people on social media berated him with conspiracies, he'd waive it off and continue like everything was fine. Sure, he enjoyed the company of others but he wasn't needy.

The only thing that mildly annoyed him was how Kyle seemed so eager to be with Sanghai. He didn't hate the man and, unsurprisingly, did build enough trust with him through Kyle to let him spend nights at his apartment . He could be petty but that didn't mean he was going to ruin Kyle's happiness, especially when he was one of the last friends he had.

Wit that being said, he was internally screaming at all of the pressure. He still had millions in the bank, and was still managing to get a proper meal - in fact, the killings worked in his favor at least. When someone seen coming to his apartment was killed, it was easily blamed on the gang targeting him. He was always one to fix a problem, and this was just... a very big problem to fix.

Upon opening his door, though, all of those problems went away in an instant as he stared back at Leo. He moved slowly to shut the door behind him, completely speechless as he froze in place. It wasn't until he realized it wasn't a dream or a hallucination, he ran a hand through his hair with a laugh.

"Holy shit - this isn't possible," he declared as he walked past Leo straight to his kitchen to pour himself his own glass of wine. "This isn't real. You're either a ghost or I'm absolutely losing it from all this stress. You... died. You died nearly a century ago, like..." He babbled on with a snort.

"Is that how you're going to say it, really? That I died? Not that you murdered me in your restaurant and dumped me in the forest, without a... a funeral or even a fucking coffin? I'm glad you've wiped that from your conscience, especially now I'm here and not a pile of bones under the ground. I'm also glad I gave you quite a shock. I'm a fan of drama and theatrics. Makes everything so much more entertaining, doesn't it? I could have ambushed you in an alley, but I like to do things with a little class now and again," the vampire smiled, sipping at his champagne to confirm his point. He was filled with rage at the sight of Franky and wanted nothing more than to rip into him, but he didn't want to ruin the moment for himself. He had waited decades for this, and getting angry and uncontrollable would make that effort irrelevant. Keeping control and deriving as much pleasure from this moment as he could was the best way, however difficult it was to keep his cool in front of the other.

"You must have been bleeding at some point because clearly, your blood got into my system. Maybe I bit your lip too hard when we were kissing? I tend to do that," he snorted, propping his feet up on the expensive marble table with little concern. After everything Franky had done, a little dirt on a table was hardly a big deal. "So you shot me in the head and, instead of dying, I woke up-- do you know how terrifying that was for me? To wake up alone, being... the same monster you are? So I go home and my parents aren't even alive; they killed themselves. You caused that. You fucking ruined my life for decades-- I think it was only fair for me to come and mess yours up a little."

"...You know," he continued slowly, after another quiet glance over the skyline. "I was hoping to come back to the city to see your life in ruins. It... It hurt that you were some famous guy everyone adored. How was that fair, Franky? I spent years hiding in an apartment, literally starving myself because I didn't want to hurt anyone, and you were living it up. How is that fucking fair?!"

"None of those things were my fault, Leo," he replied after a moment. Staring down at his hands, he kept a straight face before taking a good chug of the alcohol. It didn't really affect him, but it at least gave him an excuse not to talk and instead get his thoughts together. Walking slowly back to the living room, he stared down at Leo quietly.

"None of that was my fault. I... had to kill you, or they would have killed you themselves if they found out about us, Leo. I did it quick and painless, yeah? As for your parents, I didn't plan on that. I... mourned for awhile, sure, but I wasn't going to live in squalor for the rest of my life. I moved on, became a philanthropist and continued my life. I'm surprised you put so much effort into this - you're the leader of the gang, aren't you?"

"...I wouldn't call it a gang. They're my friends-- my family, practically. I was in a bad way back then, and they're the ones that helped me... like life again," he shrugged, holding back from smugly remarking that one member of the gang had spent plenty of time in Franky's company the last few weeks. He wanted nothing more than to casually drop that in and watch the other's mouth drop in anger and shock... but Leo wasn't prepared to do that, however amusing it would be. He had seen Sanghai grow so happy with someone he seemed to like, and he wasn't going to potentially ruin that just for a cheap thrill.

"But yes, I suppose I'm the leader-- who would have thought it? I was never that confident when we dated, I was always... hidden behind you. Now I've caused the city weeks of trouble and... I kind of like that. I see the thrill in it. It's tiring, but I enjoy it-- especially when your life is getting disrupted as a result. We were going to kill you at first, but this seemed more enjoyable," he laughed to himself, polishing off his champagne with a happy hum. He disliked Franky, but the champagne was the nicest he had ever tasted.

Although, he didn't dislike him as much as he thought. He was angry, but anger didn't necessarily correlate with hatred. Seeing him in person, he thought he would receive some smug, apathetic response... not a genuine explanation that also seemed to hold some guilt and regret. He knew his friends would lose it if they found out he was even thinking like this, but he couldn't really help how he felt.

"...My friends are outside, waiting for me. I told them that they can leave if I'm not back in ten minutes. The plan was for me to... kill you, I suppose. I'm not even sure how to do that. Garlic? Or... Or stakes? I'm not an expert at this. Can we even be killed? Like, it's still confusing to me," he weakly smiled, his tough, dramatic facade breaking down. He hadn't shown this much vulnerability for decades, not since he was last with Franky as his boyfriend. Being around him now only seemed to bring him right back to that space. "...I just... you could have given me a funeral at least. I could have broken out of the coffin easily enough, but I'd have known that you cared. You could have done it secretly, or just paid my parents and let them handle it-- I loved you so much, it was just horrible to think I meant... nothing to you is all. I've held a grudge for fucking decades about this."

Crouching down to be eye-level with the man, he carefully cupped his face gently. There hadn't been anyone else he had loved and cared for as he did with Leo and, despite the fact that he lived in a more liberal climate, that statement still held true.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm... I'm sorry, Leo. What I did wasn't right, I just... wasn't expecting you to come back. I guess I'm some fucked up way, I thought I was doing what was right. If I knew you had cake back, I... I don't know, I suppose I would have approached everything differently. It doesn't matter now, though, does it? We can't turn back time. Look, if you want to beat me up and get all of that anger out, have at it," he insisted before letting go of Leopold's cheek and leaned back expectantly.

"I want to shoot you and leave you alone in a ditch. There's a lot I want to do to you, Franky. I've had years to think about how to get back at you and trust me, nothing will ever be enough. I could ruin everything for you and I'd still think it wasn't enough. My friends-- you don't realise how badly they want to hurt you, too. I... I don't think you could take on all four of us, so that's an option, if I did want you dead," he remarked calmly, trying his best to regain the composure he had entered the apartment with. He had built up a life for himself from the very bottom. It wasn't all legal, admittedly, but he was still proud of himself for what he'd achieved. He had been nobody when he first met Franky, even relying on him for a hot meal, and now he was living in one of the best apartments in the city, with millions in the bank. He wanted to boast and show off... but apparently, his emotions were getting in the way of that happening.

"...You know, I would beat you up, because I totally could do that, but I won't. You're still too beautiful. I hate you, but I can still admire how handsome you are, right? I mean... time's been good to you. You have the whole modern thing going on, I like it," he praised as his eyes scanned down the other curiously. "...Can I have another glass of champagne? It's the least you can do for me, hm? And maybe a sandwich. I don't want to leave, I'm still deciding what I want to do with you."

"Okay, sure," he agreed, setting his own wine down on the side table as he straightened his shirt neatly, hiding the urge to smirk at the compliment. It was true, after all - he tried to be humble but if there was one thing he bragged, it was how handsome he was. It was why realizing it wasn't going to be easy to get Kyle was so fucking frustrating. The fact that he was handsome enough to somehow get Leo to not bash his skull in immediately was something.

"You know, you look pretty handsome yourself. Not as cute as when you were in a suit, but that look is cute too," he commented from the bar as he topped off the other's glass. "So your friends want to kill me too, huh? I suppose you're more... convincing? You've gotten better at standing up for yourself, I suppose. I would love to meet these people, but alas. If I step in their presence, they'll cut off a finger of mine, yeah?"

"...Are you really that upset about me cutting off that cop's finger? You should be glad I had the strength to walk away without draining him dry. It was supposed to freak you out-- though I also did it because I thought you'd slept with him and I got a little mad. I didn't think you deserved to be sleeping with cute guys like that. Clearly I was wrong because he's not into you, is he? He has a boyfriend - I've kept an eye on dear little Kyle, he intrigues me," the vampire smiled, accepting the glass eagerly. The alcohol didn't do much for him, it tasted as bland as most food did, but champagne had always seemed like the drink of rich people. When he was growing up, he was always jealous of the people sipping champagne in their fine suits or fur coats. Sipping it now made him feel like he had made it, even if he didn't have a clue how it tasted.

"He lost a finger, big deal. I didn't tear out his tongue, which was what I wanted to do to him," continued Leopold slowly, his eyes straying back to Franky. "He isn't into you, you shouldn't hang on in hope he falls for you. I shouldn't give you advice, but you'll drive yourself insane if you cling onto him. He seems happy with that boyfriend of his. I'm sure you could get someone else, though I can't promise I won't get mad and rip their fingers off too. I get jealous."

"Isn't that sweet?" He commented dryly, remaining standing as he watched the other critically. While he was playing off the situation as calmly as he could, he was internally very nervous. While Kyle wasn't human, and he personally had no idea how to kill a vampire himself, that didn't mean he wasn't afraid of the possibility.

"I'm not that petty, I know Kyle is with someone he loves. I'm not petty enough to sulk over the whole thing if it makes him happy," he explained with a faint grimace as he took another sip of his wine. "So what is the plan, then? Tie me up? Stab our an eye? Because clearly your friends won't be happy if you don't leave irreversible damage."

"...I literally saved their lives; they'd be dead if it wasn't for me. If I want to leave your apartment, not having hurt you, they can't criticise me too much for it. They don't... understand our history, not really. I didn't tell them any of the good stuff, they only know how much of an asshole you were when you shot me. They don't really hear about all the... nice things you did for me. I wasn't exactly in the right mood to gush about you, obviously," he snorted in reply, turning in his armchair a little to sit cross-legged, that being an indication that he had absolutely no desire to leave, at least not anytime soon at least. It wasn't often he got to just... relax like this. For years, he had been full of stress and anger. One apology and some genuine remorse seemed to just alleviate all of that from his chest.

"Is it so bad that I just want to sit here, have some champagne and talk to you? I wasn't expecting the apology, Franky. I'm... I'm not a horrible person. If you apologised, I have to acknowledge that, right? And look, it's not like I stayed dead, is it? I'm here decades later. Perhaps I should thank you," he shrugged coolly, a small smile pulling at his lips. "...Did you even think about me over the years at all? I don't expect you to have mourned me for decades, but... do you at least regret what you did?"

"Of course I did. I haven't had a meaningful relationship since that day. Nothing feels... right, I guess. That isn't to say I haven't had sex but it just hasn't felt... yeah, meaningful," he admitted, eventually taking a seat down on his couch as he, too, took in the skyline. "Like I said, I can't change what happened. I get that you hate me, that's fine," he murmured before closing his eyes, exhaling through his nose.

"I'm glad you've made a name for yourself, though I wasn't expecting it to be in the form of murder and robbery. Everyone has a different path, eh?" He commented with a soft chuckle. "You made a point. I lost quite a few friends because of you."