HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
Roughly 6:00 PM

Elena looked up from her knife tossing as the boy approached her, not that she was really paying much attention to the weapon bouncing up into the air and then down flawlessly onto her waiting fingertip. Nor was he really a boy, more of a young man or perhaps an adolescent. He didn't have that slight awkwardness boys had but still had the cockiness of youth, although it would come as no surprise to her if it was feigned; they all had personas on here, to show a weakness in Hydra would certainly mean death.

"Hey, buddy." She responded neutrally, flipping the knife up again. This time she let it fall past her hand before snatching it out of the air and sliding it into a hidden sheath inside her sleeve, quickly enough for all but the most eagle eyed of observers to be unsure as to its location. He introduced himself as Blake. It was a good name, she thought. Simple. Not pretentious but with a little character. He seemed to be remaining as cool towards as she was to the others, a fake smile on his lips; that was a good sign for her.

"Elena. We're sparring then? Go easy on me then, I'm only a little girl after all." Her smile had a cruel edge to it; none of those who had been called to that place could have weak words like 'only' and 'just' attributed to them.
SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM

"Hm? Oh, no it's fine bach. I'm sure we'll have a whale of time." Rhiannon grinned although Luna became distracted by the appearance of a young woman tackling their apparent leader, somewhat demolishing the tough and well-controlled character he had managed to build up until that point.

Luna got up almost immediately to help pick up the paperwork that had been scattered across the floor and Rhiannon thought to get up and help but held back; it would be unnecessary for everyone to hop onto an easy task. Too many cooks and all that.

Instead she turned her attention to Cleave while her partner was away, approaching the android with renewed interest.

"Cleave? I've never seen anything like you before. Sometime later can I practice some things with my power on you?" Realising how that sounded she waved her hands in front of her, as if attempting to disperse any negative effects her words had had. "I mean, just to get a feel for how circuits work and things like that. I think I'd learn a lot, if you were willing of course."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brea
SHIELD HQ, NY
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12PM
"I know that it's dangerous," Marie replied. "But you were gone. I had to get back to you." She was clearly overjoyed to reunited with Peter.

They had been through a lot together. And Peter had learnt the hard way that involving the people you cared about was the fastest way to losing them.

He shook his head at her. "You can help, but not like this." He knew that she could see into his mind. Marie knew why he was did not want her to fight. And she knew why he was so afraid of losing her. "Marie... Even now I can feel you inside my head. And you're tiring yourself before we've even begun."

She scoffed. "I don't get weak so easily anymore. You trained me better than that."

"Marie! You should know better." She froze. "Why did I make you train so hard?"

She looked at him, somewhat confused. "So that I was able to protect myself. So that we are able to protect our town and each other..."

Peter shook his head. "No. What was the very first lesson? The first thing I had you doing?"

Then it clicked. She remembered. "For days you had me constantly using my abilities. Every second of every day, you told me to keep reaching out to your mind... So that I could get better at it. You taught me to push through my boundaries, right?"

"Wrong. I taught you what your boundaries are. So that you would not push past them and get yourself hurt..." He was interrupted by another team member. And she held his papers and documents in her hand. "Thank you, Luna," he said as he took them from her. Kindness, no matter how small, always seemed to strike Peter as the surmountable difference between a hero and a vigilante. Though kindness did you no favors in a fight. He turned back to Marie: "You're not ready."

"Not ready!?" She was clsoe to exploding now. "After everything we've been through together."

"This is different. This is bigger. Bigger than you and me, bigger than Bien Sombre... Marie... You never learnt when to stop. And you need to stop. You can't always fight. You're still not ready for this..."

"But..." Tears welled up in her eyes and were on the verge of breaking forth.

He raised both hands up up to wrap around her head and pull her into his chest. "I have a team to train. A team that is not ready either."

"Then why can they fight and I can't?" she asked as she sobbed into his jacket.

"It's their choice. But you, you're my responsibility. You're a risk I can never take because I love you..." It was not fair. But it was true. She was not ready and it was too dangerous. "It's not safe for any of them. As of this moment, the only people I trust to be ready for the coming fight are myself and that's Cleave."

For a moment they stood silent. Then she spoke up. "Who?"

"Cleave," he replied promptly. The robot guy you walked past. He's already got some field experience is more than equipped for our missions."

"Then what do I do?"

"For now I want you to stay here. You can help us from a computer. I'll be relying on you to help me co-ordinate the team."

She wiped her tears away. "Okay."

Peter smiled at her again. "And keep training. When you're ready, I want you with us. Because I know you will always have my back, no matter what."

"No matter what," she echoed.

Peter pulled away from her, diverting his attention back to the fledgling team. "Anyone not already paired up, hurry the Hell up. This is a combat exercise and there are times when you will forced into combat without time to prepare. Instead of fighting your partner, I have decided that your partner is the one person who will fight beside you. Everyone else is your enemy." Marie had seen this drill before. It is how Peter had trained his old team. And ended in a lot of injuries. She wisely moved away to the edge of the room. "The last pair standing gets to spend the night sleeping in these headquarters... All other pairs that lose will be sleeping out in the training grounds... Oh! And the forecast was for heavy rain." Of course, Peter was to be a part of this exercise. He had to find a pair and fight too. Or else he'd be sleeping out in the cold and the rain. Truth be told; he didn't actually know if the weather forecast had predicted rain. But it helped to emphasize his point.

Helena Vega
SHIElD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 12 PM

@Petricus Euryale @Brea

Helena seemed happy that Camille had accepted her request to partner up, and though she was quite soft spoken... There was this kind, and gentle aura about her. One that did little to reflect the powers she possessed.

"Helena Vega." She said, smiling a little.

Interestingly enough, she didn't seem to be too phased by the fact that Camille could project plasma from her hands, but instead, she seemed almost intrigued.

"I project... Energy too..." She added timidly.

One could swear her eyes shone just a little, but nothing more. Her years of training at SHIELD had certainly helped her keep some of the more troublesome portions of her powers in check, but she had yet to unlock her full potential.

Maybe training with Camille was the next step? Perhaps in order to further develop her powers, she had to pit them against others?

Whatever the case was, Helena just hoped that she wouldn't unintentionally botch this somehow... Or even worse, hurt her sparring partner in some way.

Jericho Perkins
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 6 PM

@LuckycoolHawk9 @neobendium

Jericho shook Nathan's hand, taking a brief note of the fact that his future sparring partner had chosen to put on a glove before shaking. Was it just some sort of germophobia? Or perhaps, was his powers related to some sort of skin contact?

To be on the safe side, he decided to assume it was the latter... Making a mental note to try and avoid skin contact with Nathan during their sparring matches, but he made sure not to let his overcautiousness show too much, instead, offering a polite, but somewhat stiff smile.

"I look forward to sparring with you." He said simply.

His tone was friendly enough, but it was pretty tough to tell just how sincere Jericho was by his tone alone; he seemed to have taken great care not to reveal more than what is neccessary in that aspect.​

• tumblr_nhc14xN1IK1rxdsq3o1_250.gif
  • tumblr_nff2g1OOYu1thvu0eo10_500.gif

pink Location: S.H.E.I.L.D HQ, NYC
Power: Plasma Bolt Projection
Mentioned: N/A
Interactions: Helena ( @york )
Character Sheet: HERE
Outfit: HERE
Color Ref: d10076

July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM

"Oh," Camille said, slightly surprised. It wasn't that she was surprised someone had a similar power, because she always thought there was no way every ability in the whole world could be unique. But, she didn't expect S.H.I.E.L.D to recruit two people with identical powers when they could have a wider variety.

Our powers must work differently, Camille decided, nodding to herself slightly. "That's nice," she continued, smiling to her partner. "How does it work? I mean, like, what can you do?" She realized that maybe she wasn't wording her question as well as she could, but hoped Helena would understand what she meant.

She was very curious, and wanted to know at least a little about Helena's power before they started practicing. Peter had just mentioned that they would be working together to try and defeat the other pairs, and Camille thought they would work better together if they knew about each other's powers.

She did not want to sleep in the training grounds.

Last edited:

olivedrab Location: HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
Power: Sonic Scream
Mentioned: N/A
Interactions: Elena ( @Jinxer )
Character Sheet: HERE
Outfit: Monochromatic: Black
Color Ref: 216e00

July 10, 2030
Some time after 6 PM

Blake's gaze followed his partner's- who he soon learned was named Elena- knife. When it suddenly disappeared he wondered where she had stored it, slightly amused. Though he wouldn't ask, Blake was too busy acting uninterested.

Elena, Blake echoed in his mind, wanting to remember it. It was always awkward asking someone to remind him of their name, and so he actively avoided such situations. She seemed very confident in herself, something that Blake liked. He just hoped she would live up to her act.

"If you're here I'm sure you can keep up just fine," Blake responded, smiling to her. The smile was friendly, because he didn't see a need to treat her as a rival just yet, but it also showed the humor he found in her request. Surly, she was joking when she asked him to go easy on her... at least Blake hoped she was.

With a shrug, Blake continued, "And if you can't it's better we find out early on. I don't want some incompetent weakling on my team when we get sent out into the field." He doubted HYDRA would send someone unfit out on a mission, but better safe than sorry. It would seriously suck if they failed a mission or he died because someone wasn't up for the task assigned to them.

SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM

Luna nodded jerkily to their leader's thanks, completely out of her comfort zone and obviously unsure of how exactly to act in this whole situation. She left the two to their little talk as soon as she could, retreating back to the safety- was it safety?- of her....team, and partner. The girl was silent as Peter addressed them all and informed them of his change of plans. She couldn't help a small smile and chuckle. If that threat of sleeping outside was supposed to scare her, it wasn't going to work. She'd been living in alleyways for a while now. And, if it really did rain, she could build a shelter and fire rather easily...or even become both herself for the rest of them.

Timidly, and rather awkwardly, she raised her hand and spoke. "How do we determine the winners?" she asked. "W-we aren't actually knocking each other out, are we?"

...that was a stupid question. And raising her hand? Ugh.....she really needed to learn how to interact with people properly. But it was too late to go back now.
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030

Indis sighed and glanced over to Eztli as he requested to be spared from the sparring. She was silent for a moment before she shook her head. "No, I'm afraid not. Even healers need to fight sometimes, and I need to see your capabilities as soon as possible, not in the heat of battle." The woman was silent for the most part as people broke apart and started teaming up, red eyes scanning the room with a calculating look in them. "I'm giving you all about five minutes. Work fast or I'll be the one pairing you up," she snapped after a moment, seeing several people not moving. If they wanted someone to go easy on them, they should have gone to SHIELD.

[fieldbox="Cleave, mediumslateblue, solid, 10, Courier New"]

1m9Y8llm.jpg

SHIELD HQ, NYC || July 10, 2030 || 12:00 NN

As the rest were preoccupied, higher ups continued their distant observation of the small group of recruits. They were tuned in to Cleave's senses, studying Pori.

"The purpose of this exercise is mainly to have the recruits demonstrate combat abilities. There is no need for me to do this as all my functions are controlled partially by Peter and all my abilities have been recorded and customized." He recited this as he stepped back a little. "All you must do is to attack me. Please do not worry about damages."

His arms hovered by his sides. It was a relaxed stance but it looked like a theater actor's poise before a monologue. His movements and neutral expression looked like an eerie imitation of a person's. But for a quick second, his eyes flashed bright blue.

"I need to know what food you would need, as well," he added.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="E z t l i, darkred, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

rgJ9fQdm.jpg

HYDRA HQ, Sokovia || July 10, 2030 || 6:00 PM
Eztli sighed audibly and muttered to himself in his native tongue for a moment. "I'm telling you, Indis. I'm not going to fight." he shrugged. "If you want to keep your newbies alive, you'll need me mostly alive too. Well, I know I won't die by conventional means but this bunch is obviously not conventional. Nor friendly."

He folded his arms and pouted petulantly, not wanting to risk injury for a mere talent showcase.
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Brea and noodle
SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM

Rhiannon had returned to her seat, moments before Luna finished her tidying and she too sat down again. Now their leader was changing the rules on them, either he was annoyed at the interruption and subsequent shattering of his authority but the other woman or he just lacked patience. In any case, now they were in a battle royale and their partner was their comrade. Quietly, she was pleased that she'd paired up with Luna.

As a sparring partner a dragon was probably not the best match for her to practice her own power, regardless of how intellectually stimulating it would be; not to mention the patriotic strings it would pluck on a Welshwoman's heart. Now that they were on the same side, however, it was hard for Rhiannon not to feel a weird twist in fate. The only Welshwoman to be paired with the person who could change into a dragon? Now that was something out of the ordinary rules of chance.

Interrupting her contemplation of fate and the probability of the events currently overtaking them, Luna asked her question. Rhiannon glanced at her sympathetically.

Ah, bach, she's still so young. Raising her hand like she's in school. Poor lass has probably been through a hell of a lot more than me. It seems I'll need to be this dragonling's big sis. Well, if someone has to be then better it be a Welshwoman.

"It's a good question - I know proper combat practice is important but establishing where the line is before we start is important; I for one would rather not this be the Hunger Games or Battle Royale. Neither of those ended very well, as I remember."
--------------

HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
A fierce grin spread across Elena's face at Blake's implication. For what it was worth, she agreed; if anyone HYDRA had been selected was weak then they needed to be weeded out now before the real fun began. Still, she found that to be an unlikely case; a group like HYDRA had a habit of not inviting the weak into its ranks.

"Right back at you, friend."

It occurred to her then, after looking around them briefly, that their meeting location was probably chosen with these skirmish battles in mind. It was open enough for most to be able to fight without interfering with the others drastically and there wasn't anything too important nearby to break.

"We're paired up over here, Boss. What are the rules? First blood or a time limit?" She waved at Blake as if to suggest she wasn't suggesting blood letting was on her agenda. At least, not the letting of his blood. Her 'kind' gesture may have been lost by the fact she had slid two daggers into her grip with curved blades the length of her forearm.

"I'm guessing you're someone with some kinda smart power so I better get the big knives out for you. These are two of my favourites. See how much I like you already?"

• Love
Reactions: Brea and noodle
Shield HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Near 12 PM

Steven looked over at the others and look at them and titled his head. " Is no one brave enough to try to be my partner? I promise that I won't break any of your bones or anything? I really just need one," he said, the last part sounding a little more desperate than the rest.

Nathan Stone
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 6 PM

@york @neobendium

Nathan had always enjoyed putting a glove on before he shook anyone's hand. He didn't exactly absorb as violently as he did when he was younger- but he preferred to not wind up with a weakened opponent when it came to fight. He liked fair fights.

Nathan wondered if he would assume that it was based on skin contact. Oh how he wish it was that simple. His powers worked as long as he touched an open part of the body and everyone always left a part open. Even if they didn't intended too, he knew that everyone had a weak spot.

" I am also feeling the same way," he replied back to him.

Nathan was being sincere for now, he didn't know much about his sparring partner, but he hoped that he hadn't pick someone to make a fool of him. He had already been made a fool by others more than once.

HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
They were killers. Every one of them.

"This will not go well," Ayo muttered to himself. One of them will end up dead. "So who feels like getting a few more bullets holes?"

Normally, he was more tactful and careful. But there was a pecking order. A hierarchy. That's how criminals worked. And he would be damned if he was at the bottom of the food chain. Besides, he had already done his diligence. This meeting area, he was well versed in the terrain, more than prepared to do combat here.

SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM
Peter looked around the room. They were forming pairs and at least seems to be taking this seriously.

Luna, right? He double checked the papers in his hand again. "Last one standing, Luna," he replied. "You want to knock someone out? Go for it. Just no serious injuries or killing. Your actions, your restraint, during this exercise will show me what you are and are not capable of." He paused for a moment. "Yeah, probably best if Cleave doesn't go all out..." It would be safer for the team if he stuck to defense.

Of course, Peter still had to find himself a partner. If his very simple mathematics was correct; there was an unpaired person. Maybe Peter could do this solo. Or force himself to play defense like Cleave. Perhaps Steven. SHIELDs files on him were very interesting. And Steven's abilities would make a good pairing with Peter's own skills.

He walked towards Steven. "I'll be your partner. If you can pull your weight, of course."​

Helena Vega
SHIElD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 12 PM
@Petricus Euryale @Brea

Helena blinked, seeming to pause for a moment; while Camille's question was innocent enough, it looked like Helena was having a little trouble coming up with an answer. As this was the first time she was asked about such a thing.

During her time she had spent honing her powers, she had never really spent too much time thinking about how she was to go about explaining them, but... She knew she had to think of something.

Carefully, she opened the palm of her hand, and concentrated... Trying to draw a small amount of energy from a distant dimension, and sure enough... A little, flickering pink orb appeared for a moment, before she stopped concentrating, causing it to dissipate rather quickly, flickering out of existence.

"... I... Am not sure myself...." She said quietly.

Though there was alot she still had to understand about her own powers, Helena figured she would try and explain what she did know the best that she could.

"I just know I use energy from... Other dimensions." She paused a little, seeming to be thinking again.

The applications of this energy was the more difficult part to explain; she had discovered the uses she knew for these powers so far... By mere accident, when she had willed to protect herself, or go a certain place... Or, just simply let it build up inside of her, until she was able to discharge it in a more destructive manner.

"This energy can be... Released, or formed into a barrier... But... I do not know where it comes from or... ... How I... Could do this..." She frowned.

The first thing she could remembering was fading in and out of existence, till one day... Some SHIELD agents were able to help her "anchor" herself, ultimately allowing her to manipulate this ability to fade in and out of existence to move short distances.

Her ability to draw upon, and project dimensional energy was discovered later... When she had been experimenting with manipulating her ability, while somehow staying "anchored" to this plane of existence, allowing her to draw energy from some far away dimension.

Jericho Perkins
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 6 PM

There was a rather long pause from Jericho, as he practically stared down his opponent, almost as if he was seeing through him. Well, granted Jericho was far from able to read minds, he could certainly almost appear to, just with his piercing gaze alone, but alas, he was at least a good sport... Even if he was a bit pridefull.

"So... Partner. What can you do?" He asked.

The question itself was innocent enough, as Jericho truly was curious... But perhaps part of his reason for asking, was so he could better guage what his opponent's plan of action is.

After all, he could use just about any information he could get, as going in blind was the last thing he wanted to do. His mind was his greatest weapon, and he'd only be able to use it properly if he had the right resources to do so...​

Steven Lasket
SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM
Steven hoped that someone accepted his request to be their partner. He knew that he came off as strong.

However, if they had known half of the things he had been through, they would know why he came off strong. It was a deflection. He played the fool and did it well. He was a genius, but he wasn't one to brag about it. One of his biggest advantages was that very few people knew that he was a genius and that was the beauty of it all. Nobody thought the brawns could be brainy and understand what was going on around him.

He could pull his own weight and he looked around the room and took a deep breath. He was ready for whoever wanted to fight with him. It was only practice and he didn't have any plans to break any bones in anyone' s body. These weren't his enemies, they were his adversies and he had to treat them as such. He would be going low key for the fight.

He walked towards Steven. "I'll be your partner. If you can pull your weight, of course."

Steven grinned. " I am going to take that as the challenge that it is," he simply replied to him.

@neobendium @Petricus Euryale

Nathan Stone
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 6 PM

@neobendium @york

Nathan looked at him and waited for a response from the other man. He expected a question to pop and he would be surprised if he didn't get it. He was always asked this and he was used to it. He looked over at him and prepared the lie that he told everyone who would believe him. It was a lie, but he had used it carefully once or twice.

" Me, I just have flight. Nothing too impressive," he replied.

He paused and deliberately waited a few moments before he continued what he was saying. " I also can hold my own in a sword fight and have a photographic memory. They aren't powers though."

Nathan looked at him once more and decided to address the gloves that he put on earlier. " Also, no offense, I am a germophobe and I am not a big fan of other people touching my hands. It is a small detail and the reason I wear gloves."

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM

Luna let out a breath and nodded in response to Peter, her mind working furiously to come up with some kind of plan that wouldn't end with anyone's death or serious injury. After a few moments, she turned to Rhiannon and quirked an eyebrow. "So...uh....we should probably come up with a plan of attack, right? Best to be prepared." she grinned slightly, rubbing at the back of her neck. Though she tried to hide it, her silver eyes betrayed her worry and trepidation of what was about to take place. "I, um....maybe you can use me as a shield," she suggested. "I should be big enough....I'll try to filter them in to you one at a time, and you can use your shocks to put them out of commission. Do you think that'd work?" She didn't really want to go all out, or go on the offensive, because there was such a huge chance of losing it if she did.

If she did lose control....at least they'd take care of her. She'd be locked away, or killed (which was really the only thing she felt like she deserved at the moment), and then she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone ever again.

HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030

Indis raised an eyebrow at Eztli, a small scowl twisting onto her face. Insubordination like this was not allowable, especially if she was supposed to be proving herself as their leader. "You will do as I ask in the future, Eztli," she said quietly. Dangerously. "And if you do not, I'm afraid HYDRA has no place for you." Her red eyes flashed in warning, the woman even going so far as to pull the sunglasses down and reveal the orbs to him to show just how serious she was. "I will not tolerate any more refusal of my orders, do you understand? I really do need to see your skills outside of healing." she sighed and scanned the room's occupants once more.

Indis glanced over to Elena as she asked her question. "Ten minutes, in which you must show most of, if not all, of your skills and abilities," she stated crisply. "Once everyone is ready, we will go to the training rooms to spar. Oh...you had better hurry and pair up. Last one without a partner has to fight me." An almost malicious smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she cut a pointed glance in the doctor's direction.

SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM
Rhiannon brightened at the notion of planning and scheming, even if Luna was clearly feeling a bit cautious in her power usage. All being fair, turning into a giant dragon was cause for concern especially when others were running about using all kinds of strange and unusual abilities; the chance of an accidental squishing was probably quite high.

"That sounds good! You can control the field and I'll hide on you somewhere, then I can zap people as they get close. I can't be too far away though, otherwise it won't do much. Even if I give it my all they'll only be out of commission for a few hours so no danger there!"

She was grinning widely, trying to encourage her partner to be a little more confident in their chances. In reality, she felt some trepidation about the whole event. Combat and battles really weren't why she had joined up, although she had expected to be involved in some. She'd rather just grab Luna and rush off to the lab to find out what was really going on in the younger girl's DNA but that would have to wait for another time.

Just to assure herself that her ability was still working, she held her hands up in front of her, palms facing each other as if she were about to clap her hands. Small sparks jumped from her fingertips to the opposite hand, increasing in number until it was like there were multiple solid lines of crackling electricity connecting the fingers on her hands. Satisfied, she let the power fizzle out and shook her hands, discharging any remaining static energy lingering about.

"Well, think I'm ready now. Let's just go this over with so that I can go explore the lab!"

SHIELD HQ, NYC
July 10, 2030
Roughly 12 PM
"Yeah, it's a challenge all right," Peter said with a smirk. "Get ready to fight..."

Peter walked to the front of the group. It was time to get this started. From the files he had seen, there were some powerful individuals who could really be dangerous. But from looking at them... He hoped that SHIELD's files were correct.

"Listen up," he said loudly. "People are going to get hurt. This will be dangerous. But your work with SHIELD will be far more dangerous. Try not to kill anyone or get killed. If you surrender then go to the side and stay out of the way." Go time. "Our enemies will not always give us time to prepare. So I'm going to push you in at the deep end... We start now..."​

Jericho Perkins
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 6 PM

Jericho raised a brow, trying to act as if he was only intrigued by what Nathan said... But it was more of a facade, to hide his inward scepticism about flight being the only power that he had.

"Well. Nathan. Let's just say I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one who values mind over matter..." He said mysteriously.

At first glance, this seemed like a harmless jest, though upon closer inspection, one might be able to deduce that he was also hinting at the nature of his powers in what he had just said.

Though, he did wonder how the fight would go, when the gloves were off... Per say, it looks like he was just going to have to wait and see what sorts of developments might occur in their sparring match. After all; appearance can be deceiving. Very deceiving... In fact.​

Steven LasketSHIELD HQ, NYC, July 10, 2030, Roughly 12 PM

Steven was always ready to fight. It was the thing he was constantly prepared for.

He watched carefully and made sure to keep track of Peter's movement. There was no telling what little things would come in handy in a fight. It was always the little things that people didn't pay much attention that tripped them up at the end of the day.

He had known this speech. The one where people were going to get broken bones, but he didn't plan on being one of those people. It was not in a nature to be taken advantage of. He looked around the room, seeing what angles the man could come from. He didn't know anything about his opponent, but that didn't stop him in the past. He raised his guard, waiting for the first strike.
@Petricus Euryale

Nathan Stone
HYDRA HQ, Sokovia
July 10, 2030
(Roughly) 6 PM

Nathan expected the skepticism, he had seen it in the eyes of his opponent before, but he also had seen in his allies. He looked around to see what the man was going to do about that.

" Mind triumphs matter all the time. It isn't much of a question, it is more of a question of what you will do with that knowledge," he replied back.

Nathan also knew that the man was hinting in what he could do, but he choose to not address it. If there were people who allowed him to take advantage, he would use it against them.
Nathan looked down at his gloves and wondered if he knew. There were ways to see things and he would feel satisfied if he used the man's own power against him and succeeded. It wouldn't be the first time that his kind demeanor had been an asset to him. He was certain it wouldn't be the last.

@york