• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kestreel patted Archer in the shoulder and smiled. "Good for you man. I'm happy to hear that." Said him. He did understood what Kieara meant when he looked at him, still, Kestreel wasn't sure how was he even going to tell him if he decided to do it in the first place. "Hey, want to grab a drink and go to the roof top? Like the old times?" Said Kestreel. "Sure thing." Replied Archer as Sandra looked at him. "What? we need some only boys time too." Said Archer. "Man, don't use the expression 'boys time' ever again." Said Kestreel and then they left.

"Oh..." Muttered Sandra smiling shyly when she looked at Kieara. "You know... I'm a little bit of scared... How is it to be pregnant? Or having a baby... Or being a mother?" Asked her. "I mean.. Am I too young? Or... I don't know..." Muttered her.

Kieara spoke. "Calm down, you'll be fine." she spoke to her. She touched her arm. "It's rough, especially at first, but it's the greatest choice you could ever make" She said to her and sat. She sighed and looked off into space. "I....Sandra.....Me, Kestreel, and Sohei may have to be moving soon...."

Sandra looked at Kieara a little bit worried. "Moving? How's that? You love it here..." Said her. "And now that Sohei was growing older and you had more time to spent with us... I hoped you could help me with all the pregnancy and having my baby..." Said her looking at her.

Kieara spoke. "It's not that I don't want to Sandra, I really do, but the sages will be coming for Sohei soon....He......He's the avatar." Kieara said waiting for her friend to laugh and say that she was crazy then walk out never to be seen again. She could only hope that KEstreel's conversation with Archer was going better.

"That's funny!" Said her chuckling. "Wait... Wait, wait... You... You are not kidding.... Right?" Said Sandra, now realizing how big that was. "Wait... I... WEl... Well, I don't really know what to say... A... Are you sure? I mean, Sohei looks just like a regular kid... I mean, I guessed he would be special in some way... Being both of you benders... But..." She was speechless. "Girl, I don't really know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything." She rose and ran a hand through her greying hair the lines under her eyes becoming more prominent. It was obvious now why she was this way. She walked to the window staring out and tried to listen to see what her husband was saying.

"Ahhh.... I kind of missed this you know?" Said Archer. "Yeah... So, a kid eh? You think you can handle it?" Asked Kestreel. "What? I 'handled' you for years. I'm pretty sure I can do the same with a little man." Said Archer. "Or girl, bro. Or girl." Replied Kestreel. "Yeah, or a girl. That would be pretty nice actually." Said Archer. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you something." Said Kestreel. "Yeah, what?" Replied Archer. "We will be moving pretty soon. Not sure when tho, but I have the feeling it will be really soon." Explained Kestreel. "Oh... An how's that?" Asked Archer. " ... ... ... YOu know, I've been thinking for hours and hours how to tell you... I guess I will just tell you." Said Kestreel with a sigh. "Sohei is the Avatar." Said Kestreel.

They both stood silent for quite a bit. Archer thought it was a joke, but Kestreel never joked when he talked about his son. Not a single bit, never. So knowing that was most assured true kind of left Archer froze. "That's crazy.... I mean, the avatar? Like with all the powers and all?" Asked Archer. "Yes, the true and only one, how does that sound? Because I can't believe it yet...." Said Kestreel. "Well, if you tell me, it does sound crazy.... So I'm guessing you leave to help him and accompany him in his journeys?" Asked Archer. "I guess... I guess we will be with him until he is a little bit more older. He is still too young and I really hate the idea of having to leave him... Even if I know I will have to eventually." Explained Kestreel. "That's sad, man.... I'm sorry." Muttered Archer. "Nah, don't be it. You are having a baby, bro!" Said Kestreel trying to cheer up the ambiance. "Come on, let's go back with our loved ones." Said Kestreel patting Archer in the shoulder. In the end, Kestreel ended being the one cheering up Archer.

Kieara stared straight down at the sink in front of her. She hadn't realized it by now, but tears poured from her eyes. Her baby boy was going to have to go and be drilled from dawn until dusk on new techniques and ways to take down a firebender, have him robbed of his childhood for the sake of a greater good, and there was nothing that she could do to stop it. Those sages walked into their lives and ripped them apart, and now she was regreting have ever opened the door for them in the first place.

Kestreel and Archer entered again into the apartment. There they all looked at each other, knowing what was the cause of all that sadness. "I... I think we should leave, babe." Said Archer grabbing Sandra's hand. "Yeah... Come on." Muttered her as they walked away. "Hey.... Good luck man. I'll miss you." Said Archer before leaving. "Yeah, me too. Take care alright?" Said Sandra.

When they were left Kestreel got close to Kieara and hugged her as he looked at her into her eyes. Those same eyes that made him fell in love with her forever. "Don't worry.... Everything will be fine, alright? I know I say that everyday... But I really mean it. And I know that because I love you, because I love our son and because I would never let anything happen to any of you." said him softly as he draw a mild smile on his face.

Kieara looked up at Kestreel after the duo before left. She smiled back the same to him. He always had a way of making her feel better. She nodded to him and rubbed at her eyes before kissing him and leaning her head on his shoulder. She stayed like that til she heard a loud boom from outside. She frowned and looked out. A giant fireball had landed in the street. "Oh no! They're attacking!" She said feeling panic rise up in her.

Kestreel looked outside the window. Again? Why don't they just leave the rest of us alone! Thought him. But this time was different, this time the forces attacking the city were actually invading forces. And that wasn't any good. "Take Sohei, we must get out of the city." Said Kestreel as he began to pack some really basic things. "Come on, honey. We must leave." Said him again, knowing that in times like this he should go back to the quarters and stay back to defend the city.

The city can go rot in hell, I'm not leaving my family alone, and if I must stay back to defend something, that would be my family, nobody else, thought him to convince himself that fleeing was a good idea. "Come on, Kieara. Let's go."

Kieara grabbed sohei who was confused and clung to his mother. Seeing the fire he grew scared. She followed after Kestreel quickly. Sohei cried softly. "Shhh, it's gonna be okay son." She reassured him and followed KEstreel through the quickly dilapidating streets. Soon they were cut off on all ends. "That's him! That's the boy!" She heard and gasped as they recognized sohei.

Kestreel looked around, his heard flinched just at the thought of those guys actually taking his son away. He dropped his things, quickly got next to Kieara and Sohei and the kissed the little baby on the forehead. "Papa loves you, alright? Never forget that, son." Muttered him. Then he faced Kieara, the one he loved and the one he would love for the rest of his life, even if it that seemed to be a really short period of time. "I love you, honey. I love you." Muttered him as he Kissed her and slowly walked away. "I'm sorry." Were his last words as the surroundings began to decompose in really really tiny particles of sand, quickly gathering all around Kestreel and forming a Sand titan of more than 6 feet tall in a blink of an eye.

"You pay now!" Said the Titan, raging with fury, showing not even a drop of mercy to his enemies who were slaughtered in front of Kieara and Sohei without hesitation. The titan looked at them once the path was clear, but more soldiers appeared. The titan, now blind with blood lust begged with his eyes for his loved ones to leave and then walked against the oncoming enemies to distract them for as long as he could. "I CAN TAKE YOU ALL!!!"

Sohei felt tears drip down his cheeks. "papa?" He squeaked. Kieara looked at him sadly and buried her son's face in her bosom so he didn't have to see. She took up their dropped supplies and ran with her son. She ran as fast as she could to the forest. She hid him away somewhere safe just outside the walls and spoke to him. "Sohei, whatever you do, you don't come out for anyone but mama or papa. okay?" She said to him and kissed his head. He nodded scared. "Mama has to go get papa. Don't come out! I'll be back. If the firenation find you, run as fast as you can okay?" He nodded again and she ran back to aid her husband in the fight and hopefully get him out of there.

The fight back in the city had only got worse. The earth army, or at least part of it, was now on the streets, fighting the fire-nation back, but was losing. By much. Some of the civilians where trying to run out of the city with the help of the few earth soldiers who stood back to fight, taking out anything that bent fire. Wherever Kestreel was, he was fighting the fire nation, distracting them to give a chance to Kieara and his son to escape. A chance he hoped they were not going to waste.

Kieara wasn't going to waste it. Being the daughter of a firenation general, she was trained by the best. She came in fists ablaze taking out soldier after soldier. A few earth nation guards struck at her until they realized she wasn't a threat.

(( Ay, chica. You really want him back badly.... ))

Kestreel fought blinded by fury, having to get rid of all he loved the most because some fire sputters wanted power and power and more power. Even if Kestreel was strong and owned an immense power, right now it was almost he alone fighting against whole armies of the fire nation. And not only dumb foot soldiers, but also well trained ones and war machines. No matter how strong he was, and probably, no matter who he was with. things wasn't going to end well to whoever tried to fight back the fire nation in this battlefield.

((that's up to you))

Kieara saw this and climbed to the top of a building. She then leaped and landed on Kestreel's swinging sand arm. "Kestreel!" She yelled trying to grip the sandy beast to calm him and get out of there knowing this fight was futile. "Kestreel!" She called again trying to get through to him so they could run. If they kept fighting they'd die.

"You shouldn't be here, mistress." Said the sand giant, wrapping her with his left arm and rising a sand storm with the right one. Simple as the Titan was, he hold Kieara close and took her all across town, tearing down everything around him and turning it into the sand storm that now was around him, confusing or even damaging everyone he found in their way, friendly or not.

Once they were out of the city, Kestreel kept walking until he felt nothing was following them. then the storm ceased, he slowly let Kieara on the ground and then looked back at the city. There was no reason to go back... The sand fell from his body and Kestrel appeared, exhausted, breathing deep as he fell to his knees. "Honey... Honey why are you here? Why... Why did you came back?"

(( Okay, let's give them some happiness. They sure deserve it ; ) ))

Kieara heard the titans deep words and soon was wrapped within the creatures arm. She didn't fear. She knew better than it hurting her. So she relaxed in the hold, even felt safe. It so happened that where he stopped was where she'd hidden Sohei. She plucked him from his hiding place and he ran to Kestreel. "Papa!" He said and hugged him scared. Kieara came over. "I couldn't leave you back there...."