Sohei nodded, still looking around. "Yeah..." Muttered him. "At least they are conquering, and not razing everything they see for the sake of it." Said him, finding small relief in the fact that the fire nation was allowing everyone to surrender and join them. Well, at least all the civilians, because the benders of other nations didn't usually made it out alive.

She spoke. "They're still wiping out the benders.....Their culture, their people...." She said sadly.

Sohei looked at her concern and smiled. It wasn't like he was going to tell her he was the avatar and that he was going to end all this madness, but at least he was going to try to help her. "Don't worry. I'm sure the avatar will come soon." Said him. "Would you like to meditate with me?"

She smiled and nodded. "i'd like that." She said to him.

Sohei nodded with his usual smile and then sat on the floor with Kari. It looked like he just made a friend, and even if right now she was just someone he just meet, she was really nice and quite pretty. With her around it was a little bit hard to focus, it was Sohei, who was unable to focus in anything with her around. It looked like beautiful had that effect on him.

Kari smiled and sat. She meditates with ease unaware of the effect she had on him. She continued to meditate.

It wasn't easy, but eventually, Sohei managed to focus enough to enter in his state of meditation. Being really quiet, simply letting his mind rest and, from time to time, communicating with the previous avatars, talking to them and asking them for advice. Of course, none of them gave him any real answer, for was he himself who had to be strong enough to fins answers by himself.

She had no idea about his otherworldly contact. She just knew that they were meditating together and it was nice to have company.

Sohei was out for quite a long time, his predecessors were trying to tell him something... But he wasn't sure what. Something about being helped, how we, the people, are stronger when we aren't alone. That was rather odd, bearing in mind the avatar is one of the strongest beings in the world, and that his own parents had told him to be as discrete as possible. But, even if he wasn't too happy about it, he knew the other avatars communicating with him were wiser and only wanted to help.... Still, he wasn't sure what was all of that about.

She sensed his aura change to troubled and opened her eyes. "Sohei?" she asked softly. "Are you ok?"

Sohei woke up of his meditation because of Kari sweet voice. "Oh, yeah... I'm alright." Replied him smiling. "It's just that... You know, meditation always makes you think about things and... Well, it wouldn't be meditation otherwise, right?" Said him cheerfully. "Anyway... I should get going... I could use a nice rest tho. You know of any place I could stay for the night? Maybe a church or... Some place I can sleep under?"

She smiled. "You could stay at my house." she giggled. "My parent's have an extra room."

Sohei looked at Kari and blushed. "Oh... No, no... You don't need to... I mean I appreciate it..." He was starting to stammer, trying to get his words together. "I.... Are you sure they wouldn't mind?"

Sohei blushed and looked to the ground. "Will, in that case..." He knew he could use a good rest, and a nice bed was necessary for that. "I wouldn't like to bother anyone you know..." Said him looking at her. But Sohei knew it was pointless to keep resisting if he wanted it and she was sure it was fine. "Alright. I will be nice to have a warm place to sleep for once." Said him with a smile.

She smiled. Soon she led the boy, whose appearance really hadn't changed much since childhood, home and upon stepping through the door she called out. "Mama?! Papa?!"

Sandra walked to greet her daughter, and Archer, as usual, popped his head from one side of a door making a funny face. "Oh, you bought a friend?" Asked Sandra. "You see him too? I was getting scared..." Said Archer as he walked to to Sandra. "You know I don't like ghosts...." Muttered him. "Ghosts don't exist!" Whispered Sandra to Archer. "Oh, yeah, that's what they want us to think..." Said Archer. Sandra shook her head and sighed. "Anyway, who is your friend, honey?" Asked Sandra.

"Guys this is Sohei." She smiled. "He needs a place to stay the night. He's traveling."

Sadnra looked at Archer. "Sohei? Didn't we knew a Sohei?" Asked her. Archer shrugged. "The owner of the bakery? I don't know how he does, but he makes some awesome bread." Said Archer. "Right? I don't know how he makes it so tasty! And cheap too! He is a really nice man." Replied Sandra. "Yeah... We should invite him and his wife for dinner some time." Offered Archer. "But wait... We are not even sure what is his name." Said Sandra. "Wasn't it Sohei?" Asked Archer. "No, Sohei is this boy our daughter brought home." Said her. "Then who is the baker?" Asked Archer. "The man who owns the bakery!" Said Sandra. "Well, it wouldn't be the baker if he didn't owned a bakery!" Said Archer.

"Hey... Your parents are... Funny?" Muttered Sohei to Kari wit a smile as Sandra and Archer where now arguing about if a baker is a baked because he owns a bakery of because he bakes. "Bakes? That is not even a word!" Said Archer. "Of course it is!"

Kari giggled. "I know." She seemed more interested when her parents said they thought they knew him. "Think back guys. Where do you know him from?"