She didn't want Iki anywhere near her room, temporary though it may be. He was just ruining things for her. She pointed down the street. "I'll show you the inn and the room. But I have to go for awhile. I left my eel hound down at the refugees quarters." She missed Jin's company. The eel hound was the only one she could truly trust and she couldn't stand the thought of leaving him on his own for too long. She led the way to the inn and then up to her room. It was still a mess. "You two stay here. Those guards are bound to be on the lookout for the fire bender who made such a commotion." She turned to leave.

Bear nodded in agreement, pouring the last of his tea out and chowing down the last of his unagi rolls. He felt that he'd pried enough, sensing her tenseness and shyness. He put down a silver piece as a tip, and smiled, simply watching a few people enter the shop. She saw a girl and woman enter, the woman looking rather shooken up. She sat nearby us, and he heard her ask for the oolong tea. He courteously whispered. "You seem stressed. Perhaps their city famous jasmine tea would serve you better?" he said, smiling and bowing his head. He didn't force the issue, but only suggested it. Jasmine tea was very good for relieving stress in someones mind.

"ehehehe..." Fei Long couldn't help but act nervous as Suzumi explained her feelings on the Fire nation. Somewhere, a spirit was laughing at her.

But as Suzumi went on to explain the motivations for such feelings, Fei went from nervous to worried. Suzumi certainly wasn't as bad as people she had heard stories about, and splitting apart families and murder seemed a bit harsh for an attempt to spread civilization.
"Yeah..let's just get some tea."

Fei walked quietly with Suzumi towards the tea shop. Okay, telling her more about her dad was a BAD IDEA.

"...I'm sorry about your family...but don't worry. We'll get out of here safe and sound."
She thought things over for a bit, while they waited for their tea. Maybe if she got some information, she might be able to help out Suzumi some.
"When you say "taken", you mean...?"

This was all wrong, all wrong. He felt he couldn't let Kurai out of his sight. She of curse would keep up her deception until she had him going to the firenation then kill him in the countryside and be done with it. As Kurai left he went into action falling to the floor and scanning it for the ring he'd dropped. "Search the room, I need proof of her trechery, we can use it for blackmail later."

Suzumi smiled to Fei Long, the girl was kind and helpful. Suzumi felt like she could trust Fei with the information. After all if she were Fire Nation, Suzumi's speech would have sent the girl over the edge and would've most likely attacked Suzumi right there.

She smiled at the gentleman who suggested the Jasmine Tea. "Thank you sir, but our oolong is already on it's way, maybe I will try that next time." Her voice was sweet and pleasant, thankful even for the suggestion, he might be right after all if it was known city-wide.

Suzumi turned her attention back to Fei and began to explain her story to her, "I come from the North Pole and I lived there with my mother and brother. You see my father disappeared a long time ago and left my mother to raise me and my brother. I never found out what happened to my father but then my teacher took over as the male role model and taught me all I know about water bending, and I taught myself a few things too." Suzumi paused to let the facts sink in before continuing,

"One day the Fire Nation attacked, it was during Sozin's comet. They wiped out my village, capturing my brother from the water bending school and my mother from out home. My sensei hid me behind a block of ice and I saw him get killed by the fire benders. When everything calmed down I came out of hiding and found my way here on a lead from the village elder who also survived. He told me that he overheard the firebenders talking about taking my family to a prison along with the other prisoners they had rounded up. So I found my way here to see if I could track down any more leads and now I'm here with you. No leads, no information."

Orion remained quiet after the two girls started talking about some extra person he did not know. But how many people could these two refugees know? It couldn't possibly be that kidnapper from earlier! That just seemed utterly ridiculous to him no matter how it was looked at. Why on earth would someone befriend their kidnapper? Or if they did, why so quickly? Perhaps the only situation he could for see feigned frienship with the kidnapper would be to gain some sort of chance at escape. But this seemed to go beyond acting. . . if it was in fact the woman who had done the kidnapping earlier.

When Suzumi related the loss of her loved ones, the Surfer was reminded of his own family that had been left behind. All of them left in the frozen south just so he could pursue a life without constant mockery for his shortcomings in water bending. But what had become of them? Had the Fire Nation extended itself to that region of the world as well? The thought of that troubled the usually laid back young man. Should he go hom to check on them. . . would they even want to see him? even his own family might shun him for having just surfed off to find a new life.

Did that make him selfish?

Either way he remained silent on the outside toward the other two. Silent but relaxed and not gassy either. Instead he simply followed them while carrying his surfboard which he had obviously remembered to take out of the ground from earlier. Apparently they were just going to leave those merchant standing. Whatever. It wasn't his problem anyway. Should leaving this city had really become a concern of his, surfing along the coast to a new place would be simple enough. Except that now he was kind of feeling a touch responsible for these two girls. Could they really get along just fine without them? Besides they seemed like a nice enough pair to hang around. He figured Fei Long was probably just another water bender which Suzumi had possibly met while heading here on a boat for refugees.

Upon reaching the tea shop he merely drank what they ordered for the table without a peep.

[size=-2]
Ko blushed scarlet, her face lighting up with embarrassment to the very roots of her hair. She wanted to apologize for the interruption to what was obviously a very solemn and sedate conversation about their pasts. But then she would be interrupting again. The girl had been so very nice, but Ko still felt somehow lectured. Perhaps it was just her being overly sensitive.

Ko looked down at her hands, curled around the little tea cup almost protectively. Taking another sip, she realized her stomach had just growled at her. Sighing, she hoped no one had heard the sound and began to rummage through her small rucksack in search of a little more money. Coming up short, she quietly placed it down again by her side.

"Do you know how to get to the capital from here? That's where the earth king is, right? It was supposed to be near here... this place is so big, I only hope that the capital might be a little... smaller?"
[/size]

Tenzing flinched imperciptibly as the girl wrapped her arms around him. For a split second he comtemplated twisting away from her grasp and summoning a gust of wind to repel her, but he quickly realized that would be uncalled for, not to mention that it would give him away as an airbender. Instead, he just stood there, silent and more than a little shocked by her forwardness. He supposed this was comman among city folk, whose weak morals and lack of discipline allowed for such gross displays of affection in public.

The girl's companions, seeming quite perturbed by his refusal to offer them a ride, sulked for a moment before taking their leave. Impervious to their bitter remarks, Tenzing quietly turned away from them, completely ignoring a man who asked what he had to sell. When would these people learn that he wasn't a merchant, only a trader? He had not come to Xiu Ying Tse to sell anything, only to trade for goods that were otherwise unobtainable in the desert. Thei sandbenders trade network functioned by acquiring goods from the many regions surrounding the vast desert and then transporting them to markets throughout the neighboring Earth Kindom territories. By doing so, the sandbenders offered goods that could otherwise only be obtained by circumnavigating the desert. Their mastery of sand sailing allowed them to cross the desert at will, however, bringing goods to market before other caravans from the far flung corners of the kingdom possibly could. In exchange, they received valuable necessities such as food and building materials that were severely scarce in the harsh desert environment. It provided them with what they needed, but it required a great amount of work and travel, meaning they could never truly make much of a profit. Nevertheless, as a desert-dwelling people, they nhad few other options when it came to getting what they needed to survive.

Tenzing had learned all of this the hard way over many years, so perhaps it was no surprise that outsiders did not comprehend this fact of desert life. In any case, this city was beginning to wear on him, and he would gladly abandon its walls and soon as their business was concluded. There was still the matter of the lone firebender, however. No matter how he tried, Tenzing could not shake the feeling that this was an ill omen, and that it meant great danger would make itself known soon.

As he made his way back to the other traders, he detected a slight shift in the air. It would have gone unnoticed to anyone who had not had training as an airbender, but as out of practice he was it still did not escape his attention. It could have been caused by any number of things in a place this busy, but something told him it wasn't caused by ordinary movement. He could have sworn it was unnatural, consideriing how it came out of nowhere on an otherwise calm and unstormy day. But that would mean someone had forcefully subjugated the air itself to their will, and that could mean only one thing.

Airbenders and firebenders in an Earth Kingdom city? It had to be a figment of his imagination, abetted by the long, harrowing years he had spent without contact with another member of his order. He had assumed they were all dead, that he was the last one. Only in his dreams had he entertained the possibility that their were other survivors of the Fire Nation's systematic purge of all airbenders. He had long since hardened to heart against the hope that he would someday find another of his kind, but this was the first time he had found any evidence suggesting that it could be true.

Only briefly considering what the other members of the caravan would think of his repeated abscences, Tenzing broke out in a run towards the direction where he had felt the disturbance. Whipping into a side alley, he leapt from the ground, propelled by a burst of wind that pushed up up and onto the rooftops. He touched down just in time to see a cloaked figured with a bow disappearing over the edge of the roof. He shouted at the person, but knew it was too for them to have heard him. He wouldn't give up easily, though, and he quickly pursued the figure down to the street below. He could have sworn he saw the hem of a black robe slipping into the doorway of a nearby teahouse, and he impulsively followed suit.

As he entered the busy shop, he frantically glanced around in hopes of locating this mysterious figure, but nothing and no one stood out. Hooded cloaks seemed to be quite the fashion in this city of refugees. It could take forever to find this person, and he had no idea how to bring up the question of someone being an airbender without causing a scene. Just as frustration was about to take him, he spotted the same group of young people who had accosted him earlier seated at one of the many tables. Perhaps they would help him, even though he had rebuffed them less than an hour before. While they had shown some nerve, they still seemed innocent and good-willed enough to help a stranger if they were approached correctly.

Walking up to their table, Tenzing struggled to find the proper words to address them. "Uh... Eh.... Hello. Have any of you.... uh.... seen anyone? Someone a little... er... strange?" he stammered ineloquently.

Iki looked at Minoru in a strange way, he looked like a dog on that floor searching. "A ring? What does it look like? Tell me and I could search by the bed and closet. Sooner we get all this done, sooner I can get out of here." Iki looked at Minoru with a blunt face. "And why did you let her go? You don't know what she could be doing. Look, if anything starts up, I wont be able to trust you two. Really, I don't trust you much anyway. You know what I want." Iki said getting to his knees and looking at the floor for some ring.
"I'll tell you one thing, Minoru, you may be close to the Fire Lord in some ways, like by blood, but I still don't trust you and never will. Espicially that wife of yours." Iki-Ryo said in rude blunt voice and looked at Minoru with a close watch.

"Good, trust is weakness and causes nothing but trouble. As for that psychopath she'll be back she wants to kill me as much as I want to kill her." he replied, "I though you knew the courts and the true value of trust." He dragged himself over to look under the bed "The only one you can trust is your enemy, everyone else in in question. And the ring, you've seem me wear it."

Fei thought while Suzumi talked. She wanted to help, in some way...it wasn't likely that Suzumi was just making the whole thing up on the off chance that she had some important information regarding the fire nation. Helping Suzumi find her family would be regarded as treason if it came out; and nowadays the mere accusation meant almost certain death.

Fei thought of her father, and how she would feel if he was taken prisoner by some country. After that, it wasn't very difficult to decide what to do. So she went searching through her memories, the bored months at sea spent looking over maps in her father's cabin finally paying off.

"Well...I've heard something that might be useful. There's supposed to be this record-keeping facility south and to the west of here, were they track movements of prisoners and such...but if it does exist, and the story hasn't gotten distorted in the telling, it'd be behind fire nation lines..."

The trader from before came in and asked them if they'd seen anyone strange.
"..Well, it really depends on how you define strange..."

Kiyo and Risa maneuvered through the numerous people within the tea shop, walking past some young kids and planting themselves at a table near the tea house wall. "Tell me Kiyo" Risa said earnestly, leaning in to further gain Kiyo's attention "How have you been? What have you been doing the past year since I've seen you?"

Kiyo with his arms crossed didn't try and look interested in what Risa was saying but because they had been allies in the past decided to try and enjoy the company of another person. "Same as usual Risa" was all he could really muster. After all assassinations was all he could do, and having no leads on how to gain his memories back didn't help either.

A waiter then approached the two and inquired about any tea they might be having. Before Kiyo could respond Risa cut in stating "I'll take a jasmine tea please! What about you Kiyo?" In which there was no response to this question. "Oh right, that will be all then, sorry about him being gloomy he is always like that!" "Risa..." "What? It's true!" she exclaimed, as she handed the waiter the appropriate amount of silver. Risa then settled back down and composed herself quickly, resuming their previous conversation.

"Anyways, so you mean to tell me you still haven't had any leads on your memories?" Risa stated with a sly smile. "Well I just may happen to know someone who has knowledge of memory alteration" then leaning back into her chair Risa said with a sarcastic attitude "But since you aren't interested I'll just leave it at that, after all you are a successful assassin now"

This quickly grabbed Kiyos attention and he leaned in across the table and whispered "Risa! Why didn't you tell me from the start!" "Because silly" she replied "You wouldn't have agreed to have some tea with me otherwise, speaking of that..." The waiter arrived in moments and placed the jasmine tea in front of Risa. "Will that be all miss?" he inquired. "Yes, thank you!"

The waiter left and what looked to be a sand trader entered into the tea house with what looked like a mission in his step, and began talking with the young people they were within earshot of.

"I like your words." Iki said with a grin. "And I know what ring you're talking about now. So, what's the point in finding it? How is it going to prove her treachery?" he asked. Iki-Ryo really didn't get some people at times, nor did he care enough. Iki stood up and went closer to the closet and the other side of the bed. Maybe it was under? "I'll check under this end. Check the other end just in case I didn't check enough." He said peeking his head under the bed. This was going to be hell of a lot of trouble finding this thing.
"Also, maybe check through her belongings. She may have saw it on the floor already and put it in her bag or something." He said thinking of other places the ring could be at. "Also, maybe she could have picked it up and put it in her pocket." Iki said looking for any other suggestions. Annoyance. He thought as he looked around.

Suzumi's gaze rested in her cup of oolong tea. She was tempted to attempt a chawan sign that her waterbending teacher had taught her to signal any other waterbenders from the same school that she was an ally. Looking around the filled teahouse, she decided against it. The odds were that another group used a similar chawan sign and might take it as a message for a duel.

Suzumi's gaze snapped up to meet Fei Long's as the girl talked about a possible Fire Nation base with all kinds of records on prisoners and all the fire nation prisons and suddenly the passion to find her parents, rivaling even that of the most powerful firebender, surfaced. Just as she was about to declare a new search for transport the man who snubbed them so rudely before stepped over to them and asked if they had seen anyone strange.

"I'm afraid the whole city is full of strange people, yourself included, it is the nature of a city of refugees, now if you'll excuse us I must find a way to the south." Suzumi was short but still kind with her words. And as she stood up she realized that her plans would have to be delayed. The sound of stone walls rising out of the earth as fiery balls of coal slammed into them. A few cries came from outside the teahouse and word of what was going on spread like wildfire through the city and teahouse. Two words that struck fear into everyone's hearts were on their lips:

Fire Nation.

"I she has then she knows I was here earlier and has hidden or destroyed any proof of her treachery." Minoru suddenly sat up "Maybe you should catch up to her and make sure she doesn't try to run. I'll stay here and beep looking."

It came so suddenly! Everyone was so abuzz about that fight at the marketplace with the fire bender that they didn't notice that with the sudden surge of refugees there were some among them that kept to themselves. Natural, of course. They'd lost everything to the Fire Nation, after all. Refugees who quickly broke apart from the mass to different corners of the city, cloaked in rags and marked by dirt. The guards had worn themselves thin with trying to keep the order after the break out and dealing with rumors of other fire benders cropping up. So they didn't notice the small group of refugees lingering on the edges of the soldiers' headquarters but keeping out of sight. So they also missed the refugees hanging a little too closely to the gates and observing how thick they were. No big deal, right?

... At least it wasn't until everything literally exploded all around them.

Asuka watched everything from far behind the front lines, being kept informed of everything that went on. Beside her was Ts'ao, an Earth Bender and a man convinced he was the illegitimate son of the Fire Lord. "How much longer, Lady Asuka?" he asked, fingers flexing. His blood raced to join his people in battle! The pride of the Fire Nation coursed through his veins.

"It is only a matter of time before Xiu Ying Tse falls before your might, my lord," she said.

The door to Kurai's room opened ... and Kurai was standing in the doorway, arms crossed. "Looking for *this* ring?" she asked, lifting the leather strip around her neck. Her family's signet ring, the one she'd given to Minoru and he had lost, dangled from it. She smirked. "Insolent bastard! You're going to pay for that!"

BOOM! CRASH! ... CHAOS!

"THE FIRE NATION! THE FIRE NATION!"

Kurai ran to the window, Minoru and Iki forgotten momentarily! She stuck her head outside, looked around! She growled!

Bear stood upright from the table, knocking a tea kettle over, crashing quite loudly onto the wooden tea shop floor. The words "Fire Nation" echoed in his head, as his memories of encounters, his family's demise, and the very source of his travels came down upon his shoulders like the world had been placed there. He slowly turned to see the mass throng of people running away from the main gate of the city, people tripping and fading out of sight (hopefully escape safe) as the herd of Earth Nation in Xiu Ying Tse scurried away from the Fire Nation invasion. He snapped to, regaining his faculties, and looked to Ko. "Can you fight? Earth Bend?" he asked, an air of urgency in his voice. He didn't wait for an immediate answer, turning to the stunned patrons of the tea shop, and proceeded to yell. "Get out of here! Get to safety! Now!!!" he bellowed, startling some of them. They did as he asked, with the exception of a few people fleeing the shop, loved ones in tow. He turned back, a fierce determined look in his eye. "You either go with them if you can't fight, or you come with me." he asked, looking at Ko.

Iki-Ryo growled at the woman. "What in hell's name did you do? Do you not know what trouble you could also put YOURSELF in!? And the Fire Lord!? God damnit, I knew I couldn't trust you!" Iki hissed as he got up and glared at the woman. "Minoru! I think it's time for a change." He said still glaring at the woman and not letting her out of sight. Iki waved his hand towards Minoru, meaning for him to come to his side. He needed a little talk with this fellow. And the Earth Nation was a problem of the outside for now.

As soon as the explosions started Minoru rushed past Iki and joined Kurai at the window. It was a bliliantly planned and executed attack and already there was dueling in the streets between soldiers and benders from both sides, but something caught Minoru's eye. "Oh no......" he breathed pulling Kurai away from the window. "No, no, no. Anyone but her." he put his face in his hands and calmed himself. "Iki-ryo I'm afraid your plan is out of time thos soldiers have the insignia of admiral Asuka, I studied her tactics in the royal naval academy and, she is praised for leaving no survivors. She will burn this city and everyone in it it the firelord sent here here he does'n not want this city captured, he wants it obliterated. Kurai, he seed to get to Jin as fast as posible.."

Iki looked out the window. "Oh, right.. I remember hearing her name once. Never concerned me though. But if she's out to kill the city.. This may be fun." He giggled. Iki sensed a good fight coming up, and this girl seemed like a good challenger. He always wanted a good fighter to up against, and this..she seemed like the one for the job. Yeah, he knew he could be hurt by her, and if he didn't watch out, maybe killed. He smiled at the thought. And if he got on her side.. Who knows what major damage they could do together, and if they didn't, well, Iki would go by himself on this task. He's been doing these kinds of things by himself for awhile, but still, with someone like her.. Iki smiled and looked at Minrou. "I have a better idea.. but of course, only if you wish to joining me to putting your life on the line. If not, I can go by myself." He looked out the window to the girl as an evil grinned started to appear on his face.