The people around quickly gathered their things although there were still onlookers! Kurai smirked. "So, you're going to attempt to arrest me when you are the one who has betrayed the people closest to him! You speak of duty and family as if you gave a damn about them!" Her eyes narrowed but she was still playing with the dagger! Strong was the temptation to cut him down and fulfill her promise made, to make herself a widow! He had such nerve! He would suffer! "Your betrayal will not be tolerated! You have my most genuine of congratulations! You have sunk to depths unheard of, save for one example! ... Our most treasured Fire Lord! Your father will be proud once I tell him the news!"

Minoru looked away his only comfort from her sting was that maybe, on some parallel plane she had stuck him down with that knife instead of cutting into him with her words. The hypocritical bitch. "Thats rich coming from you, really rich but you won't live to regret your words." he looked back at her his face had undergone a dramatic change. No longer was it an emotionally dead mask but was filled with the very emotion that fueled his bending. "You came into my life when I didn't want you, you tricked my into loving you and now you call me the traitor and shame my entire family, they'll have to give the trial to your charred corpse."

He took a deep breath and his eyes widened taking on an insane gleam. There was no warning, his simply struck. He surged forward, faster than anyone could follow and slammed his fist into her. The blow was unaided by bending, though the surge forward was.

That was quite a punch but not something Kurai wasn't used to! She flew back, only to do a small flip in the air and land neatly on her feet, opposed to her eating dirt. She used the momentum she had gained from his punch, then she bolted back towards him, two knives in hand! She slashed, kicked, ducked, rolled, then lashed out for his feet and thrust the knives forward!

It wasn't his wife n front of him, her slim form crying out to be protected, it has an enemy, a hated enemy that didn't need to die but be destroyed utterly and they was no trick fair of foul that would not be used in this fight. But something was wrong, he couldn't place it all he could do was push it to the back of his mind.

Her slashes were blocked and her kick dodged. And after her lunge has parried aside by he bracer he brought dodged closer inside her guard his a split second when he kicked her feet out from under her. She fell heavily and he turned standing over her. He raised his arm ready to bring a wall of flames crashing down on her but as their eyes locked he stopped and she rolled away regaining her feet.

Minoru's words cut deep. He hadn't wanted her which meant he would have been happy without her in his life. He said she had tricked him into loving her which meant he thought her emotions were shallow, artificial, they meant nothing to him. Those memories, those words whispered at night, those small gestures of affection ... Nothing. When she rolled away, she reached behind her, then spun the rope weighted with two twin balls of iron, one on either end. He had hesitated before the killing blow ... "I still want to take you back alive!" she hissed, releasing it and aiming to wrap the bolos around his legs and bring him down!

"Stupid girl." he muttered as the bolas brought him to the ground only to be incinerated and he sprung up onto his feet. I'm going back with you as my prisoner or as a corpse, no thing less can absolve what you've done and I don't really care either way anymore. He stood arms open in defiance to her a hand motioning the other firebender to stay back. "Kill be and get it over with, if you ever had any feeling in your stone heart...." he waited eyes on her breathing hard.

He had almost had her. He could have killed her ...

Minoru was standing behind her and teaching her a stance. It was supposed to enable a fire bender to take the brunt of another fire bender's attack and deal it back tenfold. Or so he had claimed. All she had really cared about, at the time, was getting a chance to have his arms around her. "You see ... just like this ... and then ..." he was saying. His voice was so soft, and right in her ear. It made her shiver.

"I think I have it. But maybe you should attack me with fire bending just to be sure."

His arms had tightened her in response and his next words made her shiver and her heart swell. "I would never use fire bending against you. Not as long as I love you ..."

There was the urge again to pierce his heart and end this once and for all. But instead there was another urge, a stronger urge. She walked up to him, wary of any tricks. She picked up the knife she had dropped, placed the blade against his chest. Then she sighed and looked up at him. "You haven't changed a bit, you big idiot." She slid the dagger into her belt and she reached up to wrap her arms around his neck and pull his head down for a kiss. A soft, lingering kiss.

To say Minoru was surprised would be understatement and he froze for a moment as the shock of her touch ran through his entire body then his lips responded to hers. "No." he whispered his arms falling to the small of her back. He resisted to urge to embrace her and failed. "I'm going ... to take you back ..." he was finding it difficult to talk and kiss her at the same time and yet he could stop neither. "Why did you ... Not meant to ... psychotic ..." Alarms were going off in his head and feeling her with him has like a dream, and in dreams you don't really control what you do.

"No ..." Kurai protested. His lips were chapped but other than that, they hadn't changed in the least. Neither did the way he kissed. "I'm ... Mmm ... taking you back ... Just as soon as I ..." Stop. She should definitely stop kissing him. But being away from him for so long and having him her now, she felt like a woman who had trekked across miles of desert and heat and found an oasis. His hands were at the small of her back but damn if the armor wasn't in the way ... Of course, the same could be said about the halberd she still had. "Don't you dare ... ever do something ... like that ... Idiot." This was neither the time nor the place for such things but she still couldn't stop!

Before he could stop himself Minoru's hands slid lower and he almost picked Kurai up but he pulled away a look of confusion mixed with passion and desire with the unmistakable gleam of need. "Kuku." he breathed softly not knowing weather to kiss her again or kill her. The former won out and it was clear he wasn't in control "No .. I won't ... musn't ... I missed you ..." this last phrase was barely heard even by him, lost in the moment he wasn't himself, it was her, it was all her, that manipulating, psychotic, soft, subtle....

Damn! Another perfectly good plan failed by someone else's interference!
"...That would have worked, and you know it..." she glared at Orion, pouting slightly.
"And where I come from, people will take what transport they can get!" As she was doing her glaring, she remembered something.
"Oh! Suzumi! That woman you were with earlier left a while ago..she said she'd be back though, so we might want to check the healer's hut for her...it'd be a shame to leave without her, after all."

The noble, Li Sheng, who Kiyo had been following left the tea house and proceeded with his Earth guards down some deserted alleys leaving the public eye and an opening for Kiyo to make his kill. The noble would never know what happened and his guards would be more bewildered as their assignment would decease before their very eyes., with no obvious cause to his death.

Kiyo felt that he didn't need to wait until nightfall with the lack of witnesses and prepared to take Li out. He removed his bow from his back and began to take aim at his target. Kiyo fingertips stroked the bow string before he made some slight circular motions creating the gust arrow on the string. The epitome of the kill was upon him as the bow string tensed on his fingertips as he pulled on the string and prepared to release it so it would embed into it's victim only for a few moments before the element of the kill was untraceable.

"You know that day kills are dangerous don't you Kiyo?" said a familiar voice that pierced the moment. "Come on, put that bow down get some tea with me!" Kiyo had yet to take his eyes off his target with the gust arrow still cocked, that is until a clawed gauntlet made of the finest steel grasped the bow redirecting his aim. "Please Kiyo? Pretty please?" pleaded a young lady who now came into his field of view blocking the sight of Li Sheng. "Risa..." Kiyo said slightly annoyed yet smiling to himself as it was nice to see a friendly face. "Can I at least finish this job before we go?" "Sure!" she replied with a smile, however when she removed herself from his view Li Sheng had disappeared.

"You knew that your distraction would make me lose my target, thanks Risa" Kiyo stated stowing his bow. "Hey now I happen to know where he is staying, now all is lost!" Risa said with a wink and a laugh. "So come on already and let's get some tea at the tea house you were watching!"
And so Kiyo and Risa vacated the rooftop they had been occupying and walked into the tea house.

Kurai's hand moved from behind to cup his cheek, rough, covered in stubble. He hadn't shaved in days but was he still the same man beneath? She wanted to believe he was. The look she saw on his face just as he was about to pick her up said he was. Sweet spirits, how she loved his eyes. Amber, liquid fire, molten gold. How often had she dreamed of having children whose eyes were the same color. The way he said her pet name certainly made her shiver like the Minoru she'd fallen in love with. "Hmm ... You have to stop ... We can't ... Maybe ... Just one more time ..." She just wasn't quite sure if she meant one more kiss or something more. But she knew they couldn't stay here forever. The guards would be here any moment. Minoru was hers, whether husband or quarry. What she wanted more than anything now, was Minoru, her husband. "One more time, Mi-kun ... I've been too long from your side." She gave him one more kiss and then was stepping away to take his hand and lead him back to her room.

[color=#69680]Its what he had missed the most in his time away, from the moment he has stepped aboard a ship of the fleet. Her touch her smile, her soft voice and he had though he had lost it forever, that he had never truly had it in the first place and yet here it was his for the taking. He followed her away from the market all the time screaming at himself to stop, to strike her down or run away but he couldn't. She was as he remembered her, she was still there under the psychotic woman he had sworn to bring to justice and he was just as enchanted by her as the day he had left.[/color]

Suzumi nodded to Fei Long as she ran up to her. Suzumi felt ashamed, she had completely forgotten about Kurai in her attempts to escape the city. Before thinking further she realized she didn't really know why she was trying to run so badly.

"Sorry, I should explain to you why I'm running from this city," displacing her self-confusion onto the girl, "That battle in the marketplace has me really rattled. You must've heard that it was the work of a fire bender, and there is no lower kind of monster then a fire bender. All I've seen of them is destruction, hatred and evil. If I ever meet a kind fire nation person I will go into shock." Suzumi fought against shaking from all the anger she was feeling towards the fire nation, "After all they killed my teacher and stole my family away from me. If only I could find someone with knowledge of where my family is I would be able to actually find them..." With an exhausted sigh she looked around.

"Miss Fei, I apologize for that rant, shall we go to the tea house and settle our nerves and start fresh on our way out of the city?" Suzumi smiled, walking towards the tea house and finding seats for the two of them, nearby a man with a musical instrument and a girl were talking between themselves.

"Oolong tea for the table please..." Suzumi ordered, giving a few water tribe coins over.

Iki-Ryo was ready to take the woman in and begin his mission. Until... he watched as the two came from about to kill each other to loving each other. Nonsense! he thought. This was ridiculous! She betrayed the man, and he was going to kiss her!? Iki-Ryo was thinking about leaving, but they both knew he was here and if the woman tried to corrupt Minoru and she did, they could get him. They then started to leave the market, leaving Iki-Ryo behind. "Right...Maybe I should stop them." he said to himself as he walked and stepped up his pace towards them. He landed a hand Minoru's shoulder.
"Alright. What now? Apparently you two love each again. Now what? I have my fucking goals, and Minoru, you told me you would help me. So, IF we can trust this girl, she should help."

Iki-Ryo looked around and whispered into Minoru's ear, "Look, if she's close to the Earth Lord, and IF we CAN trust her, maybe she'd be useful to us. We could get all the information we need from her. And she trick the Earth Lord." He said and stepped back from Minoru and grinned.

[size=-2]
Ko stared into her tea, almost intently as though she expected it to solve her problems, to give her a sign. If that is what she had been hoping for, she was to be let down in a deep way. Nothing came from her tea and she attempted to smile up at her musically inclined guest. "You're right, I do not like to dwell on the bad, it makes it harder.... to do things normally" she managed to catch herself, creating what she hoped was a logical sentence while still omitting her bending. The less people were prepared for her, the better it was if someone intended to create trouble of any sort. He seemed nice enough, but she had hardly met the man and he had coaxed too much from her already.

Ko opened her mouth to speak, but the scuffle of feet and the chiming of voices caught her attention, people had just arrived and were being seated not too fat from the table that was supporting the warm tea and food of Ko and Bear. The one that was most clearly visible seemed to be a woman, and Ko let down her guard momentarily, before chastising herself and remembering that women were often the most devious of offenders, according to elder. Ko attempted to flick her attention back to Bear, aware she was being somewhat rude. "Sorry" she said sheepishly.
[/size]

The euphoric bewitchment fell from Minoru. Trust her? Love her? how could he do either, but he wanted to keep her close, to keep an eye on her, yes that was it he needed to keep an eye on her.

"Kurai...." she name felt strange to say, he had usually used her pet name, and never in these circumstances, "I don't care what you do to me, Help Iki-Ryo and I and I'll surrender to you when its done."

A part of her wanted to growl and strike the other fire bender. She wanted to be alone with Minoru, wrap her body around his and hear him groan her name. But then he spoke up and gave her a promise. It was tempting. And it was better to play along now. She couldn't take two fire benders on at the same time. "What do you need my help with."

Iki-Ryo smiled amusingly. "I'll tell you in a bit. We're still outside. We to get away from these people before I tell you. Where are you staying at? We can talk there." Iki said bluntly. If he was going to tell this girl his plan he wanted her in a room. Just in case she tried running. Plus, what he said was true. He didn't want any passing byers to know or hear anything. He made a promise to himself and to the Fire Nation and he was going to keep it no matter what. Even if it took his life with it. The nations were going down, and the Earth nation was the biggest problem to getting there. Iki grinned and watched the woman carefully and waiting.