Avatar: A New Beginning (Hanako and Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anri peeked into the kitchen where Temujin and Ryu were speaking, before coming in. She moved to help Temujin prepare the dinner, and listened to the two men talk about the events of the day. After a while, she asked Temujin, "Do you know of a royal ball happening around here?" If he and Ryu knew, Anri would have to be careful about going to that ball. She didn't really want her new... Friends... To know about her family. Luckily enough, Anri had grown quite good at sneaking about even among Earthbenders. her father had hired some Earthbenders before to try and track her movements.

Off: shingeki no Sci-fi?

That was unespected, but yeah... It's because of the king's birthday, every year the lords of the city go there with other important people. Why would you like to know about that? Ased Temujin while coocking.
Hey Ryu, did i ever told you the time when i was fored to fight a sparring match with a guy using toothpicks?

(Shingeki no Black Rock Shooter lol)

"Oh... Sounds interesting~ I heard it from some customers earlier," Anri nodded. "I haven't been here during this part of the year in Omashu, so this is new to me." Why was her father coming to this event now, when he hadn't mentioned or gone to it in the past? She smiled at Ryu, "Hey Ryu, how was work?"

Ahh, not as good as if it was with you, but fine. Lot to do. Said Ryu. Are you going to that Ball? Asked Ryu, interested on what she would like to do.
If you wanted to go we could arrange it for you to go, but in a low profile. ANyway, i' sure the king would be happy to see a fine pai sho player

"I might go," Anri grinned slightly at Temujin's compliment. She was a little worried about the 'low profile' part, knowing that once her father would see her, her identity would be known, and it wasn't low-profile. At all. "Are you two going?"

Nope. Said temujin, clearly affraid of even think about it.
I would go with you. A fine dance with a lady such as you would do me great honor. Asked Ryu. Temujin snorted, mocking him.

"This could be fun," Anri grinned at Ryu, hiding the slight worry she had about meeting her father. She did like these two she had only recently met, and they weren't too prying like some others she could name in the past. "Is there anyone you know also coming?" Now if there was, she could probably slip away during the event for a short while to finally talk to her father - and see, finally, just what he wanted. Even if they did reconcile, Anri didn't want to go back. She liked her freedom now, and traveling was better than being stuck in a stuffy but extravagant home.

Great. It's in about a week. Should we go get some clothes in the meantime? Asked Ryu, happy as if he had just won a battle. Temujin sat after having his part ready and drank a cup of sake. I've been in the guard, there'll be guards, so i'd have some friends on the inside. You got someone to care for who's attending there? ASked Temuji, and looking at you intenselly as if he was trying to get exactly what could be read from your face.

"Don't worry, I've got some of my own dresses in my pack," Anri happily replied, glancing at Temujin. "I heard a friend of mine might come to this event, and I haven't seen them in a while. I've been wondering how they've been doing~" She replied, deflecting the conversation from the actual truth. Of course, the 'friend' in this would be her father. Temujin is more perceptive than he lets on. She should be more careful around him, though she could see that he was a trustworthy person. Only, Anri never trusted anyone but herself. It was one of the first things she had learned growing up in her father's household, and one of the most important lessons imparted to her by her grandfather. They were close, even though they weren't related by blood.

If you want we could take him out so you can talk outside, alone. Said Temujin
Don't steal my date for being a good guy!

Anri laughed, and shook her head. "No, I don't mind Ryu. We'll see if you have to kick him out, though," she added playfully, grinning at the waterbender. "My friend is a little... Stuffy, you can say." Stuffy being an understatement for her father.

(Do we skip to the event next?)

OOC: ok. Hey, that in your avatar is you?

A couple of days passed. Although they're lives were busy ones, they had nothing important to mention. The three of them worked hard, hanged out and took life one day at a time. After the day they were chatting, Temujin started to make steel, so he rose a huge clay oven, lit a great charcoal fire and put all his cart of iron inside. Then he started putting charcoal dust inside the oven, and rising the flames over and over. He did this for three days without rest, until he brake the clay oven to get the steel inside.
After that day Temujin started to work at the smithy and attend it too.

In the other hand, Ryu tried to hang out with Anri a little more, know more about her, but ended up failing always as Anri rose little walls around her deflectig his questions. After a couple of days, Ryu got a suit that made him see like a nobleman, although it was not that great. It was more his majestic air nd his attitude wearing it, but it made the desired effect.

THe night of the ball came soon enough, but it looked very unrealistic to everyone. Time passed quickly.

(Hm? No. That's a Chinese actress, my favorite.)

Living with Temujin and Ryu was... Nice. It felt good to be in friendly company instead of staying in an inn and keeping to herself, and she even got to work with Ryu. While he seemed to try and learn more about her, she knew how to change the subject or distract him enough to keep him from learning too much. Temujin didn't seem to try and pry further after a few initial pushes, and they found themselves settling into a routine.

When the night of the ball came up, Anri stood inside the guest room with the dress laid out on the bed. With a small sigh, the girl finally put it on, feeling the silk and satin whisper against her skin. It was similar to her dresses and kimono back at her parents, with the sleeves long enough to hide her hands, and the collar dipping back with another underdress, this time a lighter blue, underneath. She made do to tie the dress up in front, then just slid the tie to the back instead of asking for help. Looking in the mirror, she saw an Earth Kingdom lady looking back at her, pale skin, dark green eyes and black hair tied up in a loose bun. Some locks of hair fell to her shoulders, framing her face.

• Love
Reactions: UnAngelVerde
Hey there, Lady Anri. Are we ready to leave? Asked Ryu when knocking at your door.
It was about time to leave, and as much as he was a gentleman, he liked to do things quickly, comething many people found unnerving. Far away, you could hear the clanging of metal.

(Are you still there?)

Hey there, Lady Anri. Are we ready to leave? Asked Ryu when knocking at your door.
It was about time to leave, and as much as he was a gentleman, he liked to do things quickly, comething many people found unnerving. Far away, you could hear the clanging of metal.
"In a moment." Anri looked one last time at the mirror, an odd expression flickering across the porcelain doll's face. She hadn't looked like this in a while, she had forgotten how the role of a noblewoman settled like a heavy cloak on her shoulders. The old teachings, ones she had fought against, were still there. Stand straight, chin up, control your expression. She reached out her fingers to touch the mirror's surface, wondering if the girl looking back at her could recognize the one she had become. A young Earth lady and a runaway girl working odd jobs and getting lost all over Earth Kingdom, now wasn't that a change? Shaking her head, she grimaced and chuckled wearily. Who was she kidding? It wasn't like Temujin or Ryu would care how she acted, noblewoman or country girl or even a tomboy.

The door slid open and Anri looked at Ryu with a brilliant smile, showing her even white teeth. No, she wasn't going to act like some stiff Earth lady until she had to. Her brows rose at Ryu's attire. "You look good, Sir Ryu," she teased with a chuckle, bringing out one of her fans and covering her face. It was one of the few things she had taken with her from her parents' home.

(I'm still here, sorry for the absence.)

(It's ok, i wasn't here either.)

Ah, you look beautiful, Anri Said Ryu with a smile But i think i rather like the Wanderer Anri. Ryu gave out a hand to accompany her. Meanwhile, the clanging of metal stopped, but it sounded like steam rising, and a bellow.
We've got some time. Wanna go elsewhere before? Maybe get some liquid courage?

OOC: Now Ryu thinks Anri has skins

Status
Not open for further replies.