Avatar: A New Beginning (Hanako and Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ooh, jasmine tea. I haven't had it in a while," Anri went around the kitchen, looking around. As usual it was a large place, and there were so many ingredients. She went to the can to get the leaves, then to Temujin to help him prepare the tea. While he was away, she started steeping it, whistling a cheerful tune.

She looked up as Temujin came back with a pai sho set, and grinned. "It's alright." She just liked playing, though to the other players' bewilderment she tended to completely devastate the board in a simple, easy way. It was like she knew what they were going to do before they even did it, which was just confusing because Anri looked... Like... Well, an airhead most of the time.

Helping him set the board on the low table, she brought out the pai sho pieces and took the White Lotus tile, playing around with it in her hand.

Ready to smash me? He said, completely ready to be destroyed.
In fact, Temujin wasn't really inteligent, so he always lost

"Smashing's not really my thing," Anri mumbled, standing up when she heard the teapot hiss, the tea finally done. She took two cups and set it on the side of the pai sho board, pouring the steaming hot tea for both her and Temujin. "Besides, even if you're not good, it can still be fun," she smiled. Hopefully. Some people got mad at her for beating them repeatedly.

maybe. The match started, and Temujin looked like he started an strategy of attack-defense at the same time.

Anri looked down at the board as the game started, an almost close-eyed smile on her face the whole time. She was mostly quiet, only making some 'hmm?' and 'ah's as she moved the pieces across the board and responding to Temujin's moves. Slowly and almost unnoticeably, her pieces started taking over the board with every move she made, the girl sipping at her tea after moving a piece every now and then.

Temujin pieces done something terrible. His equilibrated strategy starting turning unpredictable, slowly doing something not quite clear, and when it started to turn into something she could have predicted, the next movement turned out to be unespected, and another strategy just came out leaving her a little out of balance.
After a few minutes of answers at the speed of light, Anri was in fact at the defensive. When she looked at Temujin, he ws all red of the effort, all his body tense trying to concentrate.

As she realized what Temujin was doing, Anri's smile sharpened, her eyes finally opening wider. "You're not bad," she commented casually, also upping her own strategy. While Temujin was openly unpredictable, Anri was subtle, never letting on anything and subtly starting to control where his pieces would move. Her eyes now really looked at the pieces on the board unlike earlier, a hint of respect appearing in her eyes. "What do you think of the White Lotus tile?"

Little people uses it, less people knows how to use it. the unpredictability of Temujin strategy run out. There were only a limited number of things he could do, and he had done them all, so he started cycling, making the mistake of letting her know what he was going to do.
I'm not a good player, just know group of strategies and i'm good doing things at random.

"You know and say it better than my father ever did," Anri said a touch wryly, she had started to corner Temujin on the board and was now systematically shutting any options he had down. "The White Lotus was my grandfather's favorite tile. He taught me a lot how to use it." And with that, she had finished the game with the said tile.

"You're not bad at pai sho, Temujin. You have a lot of experience from your travels, don't you?" She grinned. "At any rate, you would have beaten my father many times over. That's always a good thing."

I can beat your father in many ways, but ¿It's that really good? Temujin left the question in the air.
Deny it all. And don't let him. Warned apparently without sense, and rose up the table, going to the front door.
I Brought dinner, temujin! Are you home? Shouted somebody from te other side of the smithy.

Anri looked up when she heard the voice from the other side, looking at Temujin. "Your brother?" She didn't seem to hear his warning aside from the smile she sent him after he warned her.

Oh, you shouldn't. I'll start making some more. We have a guest today, and will have for a little time. Said Temujin.

Hmn? Who is it? Aske the other voice.

Go and see. Said Temujin.

A moment later, a boy about 5 feet tall (with heels), dark skined and with deep blue eyes entered the kitchen.
He was musculed, strong and triangular, and his face has a little smug looking.

Ah, Temujin, you might be ugly as hitting your mother in her birthday, but you've found the loveliest of flowers.
I'm Ryu Shengon, your must humble admiror.

"An admirer?" Anri tilted her head to the side, blinking in confusion. "What are you admiring? Temujin and I haven't bought any flowers at all, and his wife would disagree with what you say about his looks," she grinned and shrugged. "Nice to meetcha, Ryu. I'm Anri."

Ah, anri, what a beautiful name. It makes you no justice... Wait? Wife? Ryu looked at Temujin.

Your sister, asshole. Answered Temujin.

She's your ex wife, bro.
I know, bit we never broke up, here inthe earth kingdom she's still my wife.

"Thanks," Anri grinned, then watched them exchange playful banter. She glanced at Temujin when Ryu mentioned 'ex-wife' but said nothing. "I'll prepare the table for you," she offered graciously, nodding to them. "Temujin's letting me stay here and work for his smithy part-time," she explained to the blue-eyed Ryu without being asked, "And I heard you also work for the Fire Nation ambassador."

"We might work together some days, I'll be trying that too," she finished cheerily, before she cleaned up the tea set and put it back in its place in the kitchen.

Sharing anything eith you will be bliss. Said the boy.

Ok, stop it, you're making me sick. Said Temujin starting to make dinner.

"Well, we're all sharing dinner," Anri pointed out to Ryu, blinking. She hummed as she started to help Temujin, handing him any ingredients or utensils he needed and putting in her own bits of advice about cooking she had picked up while travelling.

Then there was a loud banging sound from the other side of the smithy, and some men outside shouted. "Gohson, come out! You can't get away with it!" Anri seemed to pause in the middle of setting the table for a split-second before she continued on.

The fuck? Temujin came out, While Ryu took a big pool of water and went behind Him. Temujin took his little hammer and oppened the door, stepping aside.

"Ah, here they are, men. The Fire Nation's worshippers," one of the men in the front sneered at Temujin. The other men behind him muttered and followed in glaring at Temujin and Ryu. There were around ten of the men, and they all looked very unhappy. "Still bending backwards for that stupid ambassador, are you? Traitors," another man spat. Some of them were carrying bags, and others weapons like farm tools - a scythe, a shovel, and the like, but two were carrying spears.

Unbeknownst to Temujin and Ryu, Anri took one glance at them before silently stalking off to where she had put her things in a room, her footsteps completely silent.

Attack first, mutherfucker. No one will say anything if you do. Temujin was furious. He ws waiting for them to attack so they could respond with force without having trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.