Avatar: A New Beginning (Hanako and Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yep, I've got them all," Anri reassured Temujin, nodding. Since there wasn't anything to do in the morning she had helped prepare breakfast for all three of them as well, and now she was ready to watch the shop. "What will you be doing?"

I'll go back to sleep, of course! Tomorrow i have to start making steel, so i'll be getting around 3 days of just melting, charcoaling and working, not sleeping and barely eating so i'll rest all i can today. You can take care of everything for today, right?

"I'll do my best," Anri nodded quickly, grinning. "You just go get your rest, Temjin! I know how to deal with all sorts of people." He didn't have to worry, even if people like from yesterday showed up she knew what to do. With that, she looked around the smithy. Temujin really knew what he was doing with steel. Weapons of different types - swords, axes, maces, spears and even chain weapons - that caught her eye - were all neatly set up in their places for the customers to look see. The steel was of high quality, he clearly knew his craft.

So why did those people from yesterday even act so mean, when Temujin was helping Omashu with his skill? She shook her head. Some people really were like that, she supposed.

Ok, i leave it to you. Temujin went back to his bed.

Watching the smithy and dealing with Temujin's customers was quite fun for Anri. The customers went in and out, looking at the smith's creations and haggling with her for the prices - something that she dealt with easily with a practiced grin and deflect method, leaving them more confused than when they came in. Seeing as Temujin was going to rest easy for the day, she'd take the work day for him.

After the morning shift, the girl closed the smithy for the noontime and headed back into Temujin's house, before setting up a lunch for him, Ryu (if he went here during noon) and herself. She left the food covered for the other two after she finished before heading straight back to work.

Minutes before she opened, someone knocked the door.
Hello there! It's the Mail. I got a package for Anri (...)? Maybe the man heard something inside.

"And this is the type of sword that would be good for you," Anri finished, grinning at the befuddled young man before her - apparently just getting started on real swords - before she looked over at the door and blinked. "In a moment," she called out cheerfully, recovering from her surprise and finishing up with the current customer's purchases. Afterwards, she approached the door and opened it, smiling at the man with delivery. "A message for who?" She questioned, tilting her head. "Let me receive that for her if she's here."

Somehow, she managed to convey a look of utter ignorance as she spoke, as if she wasn't the one the man was looking for.

Sorry miss, i've been told to give this only to Anri. Is she here? Could you go get her? The boy was a simple delivery boy in an ostrich horse.

Anri exhaled slightly and nodded, holding her hand out. "She's standing before you," she murmured, giving a sheepish and resigned little smile. Guess there's no avoiding it then... After a moment her eyes narrowed a little, though the smile remained. "But how did this sender know that I am in Omashu? That's really weird." Really, how weird.

I, um, really don't know miss. Lookes like someone knows about you. Sign this. The man gave you a little canvas with a brush full of ink.

Anri took the paper, before signing it with the brush in neat characters. "Thank you for the delivery," she smiled as she took the offered letter from the man and handed the signed paper and brush back to him. There were still some customers to tend to. "Now, I have to go back to work." Looks like she would have to move sooner than she thought.

The delivery boy noded and left giving her a soft package she could say was fbric, or clothes, more likely.
However, now was not the time since there were many people to attend to. It looked like that if she stayed there, she wouldn't have so much free afternoons after all...

Anri glanced at the package before putting it away on a shelf behind her for the time being, going back to attending to the customers. Maybe later, after the day was done. She still had to know why someone knew she was staying here.

The day past, and soon night fell. Nothing more important happened.
As an ominous idol that looked at Anri, the package was there, and it was time to open it if she wanted Temujin, who was in the yard playfully teasing Toph (specifically they were playing earthBall but the goal was covered completelly by Toph's body, so he called her "fat" and "glorified rat" and now he was struggling to come out of the earth) to remain unawared of the fact that his house was under surveillance.

"Temujin? I'm done. Call me from my room if you need something," Anri glanced outside at the yard before hurrying back to her room with the package, having closed up the smithy for the day. Laying out the package on her bed, she looked down at it before tentatively opening it. There were only two people it could have come from, and she didn't know which. The package seemed to hold something soft, like clothing, but it probably also included a letter. An uncharacteristic look was on her face, her smile almost completely absent.

When i get out of here i'll make dinner. Answered Temujin.
Toph looked at Anri and then at Temujin. After a second of hesitation, Temujin was on his feet. Toph got close to Temujin and started pushing him with her nose.
Ok, i get you're hungry.

Inside the package there was a silky dress and a letter, obviously. Te dress was a blue dress with flowers and some accesories, really nice, all in all.

"Why blue?" Anri blinked, not really surprised about the dress. Her suspicion about who sent this was mounting since no one could easily afford silk this fine, with expensive royal blue dye and flower embroidery. She put the dress aside for the moment, already realizing this was a perfect fit - this person knew her - and turned to the letter, opening it and beginning to read.

To my only treasure: my Daughter.

Anri, my love, i have been tirelessly looking for you, until i located you travelling to Omashu.
My little girl ¿Why you keep running? Your mother and i are still waiting for you to come back,
and i have changed. I know we haven't had exactly the best years ever, but i really want to
make it up for you.

As you are going to be in Omashu when reading this, i'll be there for you. I want you to go to
the ball in the royal palace that's going to be held the moon of the Raven. I must go and it
will be a fine common ground to chat and, hopefully, to make you come back.

I really look forward to seeing you again.

Your Loving father: Shin Meg

"You only say this now?" Anri stared at the letter, fighting the urge to crumple it in her hands and throw it at the wall. She carefully set it down on the bed as much as she could without tearing it up, before sitting down. "And sending someone to practically stalk after me..." The smile was completely gone and the girl was left at a loss. How was she supposed to believe her father, who had the ears of many of the families in Ba Sing Se, who could charm and talk his way to the top? And he acted so different when it was only her and her mother, he often didn't tell the truth to her in the past. "What am I supposed to believe?"

Never mind that. She glanced at the dress, a plan forming in her mind. Even if she attended, she still knew how to get out of most situations. She had avoided them for so long, after all - what was to say this would be different? If only to see what he would have to say for himself. And ball? What? She wondered if Temujin knew anything about an event like that happening so soon.

After some minutes of silence you could hear someone entering with the key into the smithy, steps, and finally Ryu's voice.
Ah, that's how i like it. Men working, earning some coin and fat girls in the kitchen.
I'm fat? Then i should cripple a dwarf to get some exercise. Answered Temujin.
You couldn't do that even if you tried a thousand years. Hey, do a little more. Hachi's comming to visit, he's changing.
The old transvestite is too glamorous to come in fancy royal clothes?
Both of them chuckled and started chatting about the events of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.